azma bukhari hits
|

Azma Bukhari hits back at Sharjeel Memon over Sindh politics

Lahore :Punjab Minister for Information and Culture Azma Bukhari, responding to Sharjeel Memon, said, “Oh really! That’s why you have secured Sindh for the fourth time through blackmail, isn’t it?”

Azma Bukhari said that the Day of Judgment did not come when opposition candidates were made to disappear for the sake of a House seat, and when the local government elections in Sindh were stolen.

She said that they have always been using blackmail in the name of “national interest” and have remained in occupation of Sindh for the last 18 years.

Azma Bukhari said, “Big revolutionaries, fake democrats.”

Similar Posts

  • | |

    UAE resumes visit visas for Pakistanis

    The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has resumed issuing visit visas to Pakistani citizens applying through registered travel agents, ending months of uncertainty for travelers and offering fresh hope to families, tourists and business visitors. The move has been confirmed by travel industry representatives and a UAE Embassy official, who said visit visas for holders of ordinary Pakistani passports are once again being processed through authorized travel agencies. The resumption comes after months of delays, stricter scrutiny and a higher rejection rate that had created difficulties for thousands of Pakistani applicants. Although UAE authorities repeatedly maintained that no blanket ban had been imposed on Pakistani nationals, many travelers experienced lengthy processing times and uncertainty over visa approvals. Travel experts say the biggest improvement has been seen in family applications. Pakistani citizens traveling with family members or visiting relatives in the UAE are reportedly receiving faster responses than before, reflecting a more streamlined processing system. Officials from the travel industry also noted that tourism-related bookings have started to recover as confidence returns. Passenger traffic between Pakistan and Dubai, which had dropped significantly during recent regional tensions and stricter visa checks, has begun to increase in recent weeks, although it remains below previous peak levels. Applicants seeking a UAE visit visa are advised to apply only through registered travel agents and ensure all required documents are complete. A valid passport, recent photographs, proof of accommodation or an invitation from a host, return travel arrangements and evidence of sufficient financial resources are among the documents generally required for processing. Industry representatives believe applicants with complete and genuine documentation are more likely to receive approvals, while family applications currently appear to have stronger prospects.

  • | |

    Bilawal begins consultations after JAAC backs reco…

    PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari has announced that he has received a response from the banned Joint Awami Action Committee (JAAC) regarding his proposal to establish a Truth and Reconciliation Commission to address the ongoing crisis in Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK). He said the response marked an important step towards finding a peaceful and institutional solution to the unrest. In a statement issued on Saturday, Bilawal said the committee had shown willingness to consider the proposed commission. He welcomed the response and said it reflected support for resolving the dispute through dialogue rather than confrontation. He added that the proposal had already been endorsed by the Azad Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly. The PPP chairman said the loss of every life during the recent unrest was a national tragedy. He stressed that his foremost priority was to help restore peace, reduce tensions, and bring normal life back to the people of AJK as soon as possible. Bilawal said the next stage would involve consultations with AJK Prime Minister Faisal Mumtaz Rathore. He explained that the prime minister would hold discussions with the federal government and other relevant stakeholders to determine whether sufficient consensus exists to move forward with the proposed commission. According to Bilawal, these consultations are necessary before any final decision is taken. He expressed hope that all parties would work together to develop a mutually acceptable framework capable of addressing the concerns raised during the recent protests. The proposal comes after weeks of political tension between the AJK government and the Joint Awami Action Committee. The dispute intensified over the committee’s demand to abolish the 12 seats in the AJK Legislative Assembly reserved for refugees from Indian-administered Jammu and Kashmir who settled in Pakistan after 1947. The disagreement led to widespread demonstrations across the region and increased political uncertainty. Bilawal has repeatedly called for the establishment of an independent Truth and Reconciliation Commission over the past month. He believes such a body could impartially investigate the recent violence, determine the facts surrounding the unrest, and help create conditions for meaningful dialogue between the government and protesters. Speaking at a public gathering in Muzaffarabad earlier this week, Bilawal said maintaining peace, fairness, and transparency was essential during the election period. He argued that resolving the crisis should not be viewed as a political victory or defeat for any party but as a national responsibility aimed at protecting the future of Kashmir and safeguarding Pakistan’s position on the Kashmir issue.

  • | |

    Pakistani Mountaineer Sohail Sakhi’s body shifte…

    The body of Pakistani mountaineer Sohail Sakhi, who lost his life in a tragic avalanche accident on Broad Peak, has been transported to Skardu by an Army Aviation helicopter. Sohail Sakhi was among the climbers caught in a devastating avalanche that struck Broad Peak in the early hours of July 31. The incident occurred during the night between July 30 and 31, when a massive avalanche swept across the mountain, leaving 10 mountaineers missing, including nine foreign climbers. Following the accident, rescue and recovery efforts were launched in the difficult and dangerous conditions of the Broad Peak region. The mountain, located in the Karakoram range of Gilgit-Baltistan, is one of the world’s highest peaks and is known for its challenging terrain, extreme weather and unpredictable climbing conditions. Sohail Sakhi was among the climbers who could not survive the disaster. His body was recovered from the mountain and later transported to Skardu, an important hub for mountaineering expeditions in the region. The use of an Army Aviation helicopter helped facilitate the transfer of the body from the remote mountainous area. The tragedy has caused grief among the mountaineering community in Pakistan and abroad. Broad Peak attracts climbers from different parts of the world every year, but the extreme environment can make rescue operations extremely challenging. Avalanches, sudden changes in weather, freezing temperatures and difficult terrain pose serious risks even to experienced mountaineers. The July 31 incident involved 10 missing climbers, nine of whom were foreign nationals. Rescue teams and authorities continued efforts to locate and recover those affected by the avalanche. The recovery operation was complicated by the harsh weather and the dangerous conditions at high altitude. The bodies of seven climbers who died in the accident had already been transported to their respective countries. Their repatriation was carried out after recovery operations and the completion of necessary procedures. The transfer of Sohail Sakhi’s body to Skardu marks an important step in the process of returning the deceased Pakistani climber to his family. Further arrangements will be made for the transportation of his body to his hometown, where his family and friends are expected to receive him. The incident once again highlights the risks associated with high-altitude mountaineering in the Karakoram. Despite advances in climbing equipment, communication systems and rescue technology, climbers continue to face life-threatening dangers when attempting some of the world’s highest and most difficult peaks. Sohail Sakhi’s death is a significant loss for Pakistan’s mountaineering community. His passing has drawn attention to the courage and determination of climbers who undertake expeditions in some of the most challenging environments on Earth. Authorities and rescue teams remain focused on recovery and repatriation efforts following the Broad Peak avalanche. The tragedy serves as a reminder of the unpredictable nature of high-altitude expeditions and the importance of safety, weather monitoring and coordinated rescue operations in mountainous regions.

  • | |

    KP sets 60% enrolment target for school dropouts

    The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government has launched a major initiative to bring millions of out-of-school children into the education system. The provincial government has started work on a comprehensive plan. The initiative will identify children who are not attending school and provide them with suitable educational opportunities. Officials from the education, local government, health and social welfare departments have signed a memorandum of understanding for the programme. Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Muhammad Sohail Afridi was also present at the signing ceremony. Officials gave a detailed briefing on the initiative. They said a province-wide survey would be conducted to identify out-of-school children. The government will also develop a “One Map” system. The system will identify the number of children who are out of school. It will also show their locations. This data will help the authorities plan enrolment drives in areas where the need is greatest. According to figures presented during the briefing, around 4.9 million children in KP were out of school according to the 2023 census. The provincial education department has estimated the number at around 2.6 million. The government has set an initial target of bringing 60% of out-of-school children into the education system during the first phase. Officials said children under the age of five would also be included in the data collection process. Their information will help the government prepare future education plans and estimate upcoming enrolment needs. The programme will use different forms of education. Government schools will be used where possible. Community schools will also play a role. Double-shift schools will be introduced or expanded in areas facing limited capacity. Digital platforms will also be used to reach children who cannot easily access conventional schools. Poverty has been identified as one of the major reasons children leave school. The government plans to provide financial support to vulnerable families. Scholarships, Zakat funds and other assistance will be used to encourage children to remain in education. Scholarship payments will be linked to attendance. Officials said students would need to maintain at least 75% attendance to qualify for the scholarship payments. The programme will also focus on skills development. Children will receive technical and vocational training under the United Nations’ Generation Unlimited programme. The initiative is aimed not only at increasing school enrolment but also at improving the future employment prospects of young people. The government has also planned independent verification of the survey data. An independent organisation will verify 5% of the collected data to improve transparency and ensure that the figures accurately reflect the situation on the ground. Authorities said the survey would provide a clearer picture of the out-of-school population in the province. The data will then be used to design targeted education programmes.

  • | |

    General Aamer Raza assumes command of National Str…

    General Syed Aamer Raza, HI (M), S Bt, formally assumed command of the National Strategic Command on Monday, marking the beginning of his tenure in the key military position. A Guard of Honour was presented to General Aamer Raza following his appointment as Commander National Strategic Command. The ceremony was held as part of the formal proceedings marking his assumption of command. After the Guard of Honour, General Aamer Raza visited Yadgar-e-Shuhada. He laid a floral wreath at the memorial to pay tribute to the martyrs who sacrificed their lives for the country. The general also offered Fateha at the memorial. The ceremony reflected the military tradition of honouring personnel who lost their lives in the service of Pakistan. Following the proceedings, General Aamer Raza visited General Headquarters (GHQ) in Rawalpindi. He called on Field Marshal Syed Asim Munir, Chief of Army Staff and Chief of Defence Forces. During the meeting, Field Marshal Asim Munir congratulated General Aamer Raza on assuming command of the National Strategic Command. The meeting was part of the formal transition following General Aamer Raza’s appointment. The National Strategic Command holds an important position within Pakistan’s strategic security structure. The appointment comes at a time when Pakistan continues to focus on maintaining national security and strengthening its strategic preparedness. General Aamer Raza’s assumption of command formally completes the transition to his new responsibility. His meeting with the military leadership also provided an opportunity to mark the start of his tenure at the command. The ceremony and subsequent meeting were conducted in accordance with established military traditions.

  • | |

    PTI changes venue for August 5 rally in Peshawar

    Peshawar: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has changed the venue for its August 5 public rally, with party leaders announcing that the gathering will now take place at an open ground near the Peshawar Motorway instead of the previously planned location. The decision was made during a PTI parliamentary party meeting held at the Chief Minister’s House in Peshawar. The meeting was chaired by Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Sualeh Afridi and attended by members of the National Assembly and the Provincial Assembly. Addressing the meeting, Afridi said preparations for the rally were in full swing and responsibilities had been assigned to party lawmakers to ensure the event’s success. He described the August 5 rally as a “semi-final” and a decisive gathering, saying the party would present its future political strategy to the public. According to the chief minister, the venue was shifted to an open ground near the Peshawar Motorway to improve public access and accommodate a larger number of participants. Afridi also reviewed the party’s political efforts since October 15, 2025, stating that PTI had pursued constitutional and legal avenues to resolve political issues through dialogue. He said the party leadership had sought meetings with PTI founder Imran Khan through legal channels, including approaching the Islamabad High Court and the Supreme Court, but those efforts had not produced the desired outcome. He reiterated that PTI remained committed to peaceful political activity and maintained that peaceful protest was the party’s final constitutional option. Afridi also called for better access to Imran Khan by his family, sisters, and personal doctors, while urging authorities to ensure he receives appropriate medical care. The meeting, however, was not without internal disagreements. According to party sources, several lawmakers expressed concerns over the timing of the rally and suggested holding a workers’ convention before launching the movement. Some members argued that the main protest should be organized in Punjab rather than Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to increase political pressure on the federal government. The reported differences led to a heated exchange during the meeting, with some dissatisfied lawmakers leaving before it concluded. Party sources said the chief minister assured members that their concerns would be addressed. The August 5 rally is expected to be one of PTI’s most significant political events in recent months as the party seeks to outline its next phase of political action.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *