barrister gohar denies
| |

Barrister Gohar denies reports on PTI founder&#821…

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Barrister Gohar has dismissed reports circulating on social media claiming that the party’s founder is undergoing treatment at a prison hospital due to high blood pressure or any other medical condition.

In a fresh statement, Barrister Gohar said he had personally verified the matter with the relevant authorities. He added that he had also informed the PTI founder’s family about the actual situation after confirming the facts.

He urged the media and social media users to avoid spreading unverified information regarding the health of the PTI founder and Bushra Bibi. He stressed that only confirmed information should be shared to prevent the spread of misinformation.

Barrister Gohar said false reports about the health of political leaders create unnecessary confusion and concern among supporters and the public. He appealed to journalists and the public to act responsibly and verify facts before publishing or sharing any news.

Reiterating the party’s stance, Barrister Gohar maintained that the PTI founder and Bushra Bibi are being unjustly held in prison. He said the party continues to demand that both be provided proper medical care and be released.

The statement comes after speculation on social media claimed that the PTI founder had been shifted to the prison hospital for treatment. Barrister Gohar rejected those claims and insisted that such reports were inaccurate, calling on everyone to rely only on verified information regarding the health and condition of the PTI founder and Bushra Bibi.

Similar Posts

  • |

    Pakistan seal series with thrilling 4-3 win over South Korea

    Pakistan produced another impressive performance to edge South Korea 4-3 in a thrilling third hockey Test at Islamabad’s Nasir Bunda Hockey Stadium on Wednesday, taking an unassailable 3-0 lead in the four-match series. The visitors struck first and looked in control during the opening quarter. South Korea’s Kim Hyun Jung found the back of the net in the 10th minute, giving his side a 1-0 advantage that remained intact until the end of the first period. Pakistan responded strongly in the second quarter as Hayat Zakria scored a well-taken field goal to restore parity. However, the celebrations were short-lived, with Korea regaining the lead in the 33rd minute through Jing Ji Hon, leaving the hosts trailing 2-1. The contest became even more dramatic after the break. Rana Waheed equalised for Pakistan in the 45th minute, raising hopes of another comeback. Yet South Korea answered once again when Kim Yang scored five minutes later to make it 3-2 and put the visitors within touching distance of victory. With the clock ticking down, Pakistan produced a remarkable late surge. Hanan Shahid levelled the score in the 55th minute before Abdul Rehman completed the comeback just two minutes later, firing home the decisive goal in the 57th minute to send the home crowd into celebration. Pakistan held firm during the closing minutes to secure a memorable 4-3 victory, extending their winning streak against the Korean side. The result gives Pakistan an unbeatable 3-0 lead in the four-Test series, continuing an encouraging run for the national team on home soil. The series has also highlighted the successful return of international hockey action to Pakistan, with competitive crowds and spirited performances providing fresh optimism for the country’s hockey revival. The fourth and final Test will now offer Pakistan the opportunity to complete a clean sweep, while South Korea will look to salvage pride by avoiding a series whitewash.

  • |

    Marvel and Star Wars heroes finally land on TikTok in Disney pact

    Spider-Man and Darth Vader are stepping into a whole new arena. Walt Disney has signed what it describes as a “first of its kind” agreement with TikTok, giving a chosen group of creators official access to its massive content library. Under the deal, creators can now legally pull characters and scenes straight from Disney’s archives into their own clips. It reflects how central fan-made content has become to entertainment today. Disney confirmed the pilot programme is starting in the US first, offering creators a curated slice of material from Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars. Some of this same content will also appear on Disney+ Verts, the company’s own vertical-video app, which for now only operates in the American market. TikTok’s global head of entertainment, Dawn Yang, said creator expression remains at the heart of how the platform works. She added that fan engagement keeps films alive long after their theatrical run ends, extending a movie’s shelf life well beyond release. The numbers behind TikTok’s reach help explain why Disney wants in. The platform recently crossed 200 million users in the US alone, with roughly six out of every ten adults under 30 now on the app, according to Pew Research Centre figures. Disney has tried something similar before, though it didn’t end well. It once let OpenAI’s Sora tool generate videos using its characters, but the experiment was short-lived. OpenAI pulled Sora a few months later, following criticism over violence, racism, deepfakes and misinformation risks tied to the tool. The TikTok announcement arrived at a convenient moment for Disney, landing alongside the company’s newest earnings report, which beat market expectations. Shares climbed 4.6% in pre-market trading, much of it linked to the strong box-office run of “Toy Story 5.” Disney’s parks and experiences division also posted solid growth, with revenue rising 10% year-on-year to hit $10 billion on the back of higher visitor numbers. Season two of “Rivals” added to the good news, becoming the biggest original series premiere yet for Disney+ in the UK and Ireland. Between the TikTok deal and a strong earnings day, Disney has plenty to smile about this week.

  • | |

    China’s burger boom draws coffee chains and …

    Burgers have become one of China’s most contested fast food categories, with budget minded diners and shrinking household sizes fueling a rush that now includes hotpot operators and coffee brands alongside established global chains. Yum China’s Pizza Hut Burger Bar concept, which places a dedicated burger counter inside existing Pizza Hut locations, expanded to more than 200 outlets within six months, the company said in July. Yum China plans to grow the format to between 500 and 600 outlets by the end of 2026, representing roughly 10 percent of its total Pizza Hut store network in China. The surge into burgers reflects broader changes in Chinese consumer habits. As households shrink and economic uncertainty keeps spending cautious, diners increasingly favor lower cost, portable meals that deliver convenience without sacrificing value. That shift has transformed burgers from a niche Western import long dominated by McDonald’s, KFC and Burger King into one of the most fiercely contested segments of China’s restaurant industry, drawing a wave of new entrants eager to capture market share. Last month, hotpot chain Haidilao entered the space with a new concept called Huanxianbao, or Fresh Burger, which sells burgers alongside pizza, pasta and fried chicken. Coffee chain M Stand has also opened burger focused locations in several cities. China’s Western style fast food market was valued at 499.65 billion yuan, or about $74.1 billion, in 2025 and is projected to reach 587.09 billion yuan by 2027, according to data provider iiMedia Research, even as several global brands face broader challenges in the market. Burgers ranked as the top preference among consumers surveyed, with 55 percent selecting the category. While still a relatively small slice of China’s overall fast food industry, the burger segment alone was worth $18.4 billion in 2025 and is expected to grow 8.7 percent annually through 2035, according to Emergen Research. Part of the category’s appeal lies in simple economics. Food industry analyst Zhu Danpeng said burgers offer a lower cost alternative to full service restaurant meals while still functioning as a substantial meal, calling them a strong value for money option amid cautious consumer spending. Wang Fang, a university student in Beijing, said burgers have become a default lunch choice for her and her classmates because they cost less than ordering several dishes at a sit down restaurant. She said a burger loaded with meat, vegetables and butter makes for an affordable, balanced meal. The category’s rise also tracks with shifting demographics. Growing numbers of single person households, smaller families and young urban professionals have driven demand for convenient meals sized for one, a trend Yum China says is opening opportunities across its brand portfolio. Pizza Hut added burgers to its menu in 2024, and by 2025 the category accounted for a mid single digit percentage of Pizza Hut’s total sales in China, the company said. Yum China expects burgers to generate more than 1 billion yuan in sales this year, representing 5 to 6 percent of the brand’s revenue. The company said burgers resonate strongly with takeaway and delivery customers in China, where 43 percent of consumers order delivery at least once a week, compared with a global average of 23 percent, according to Euromonitor. The growing appetite for burgers has drawn competitors from across the industry. Domestic chains such as Tasiting now compete directly with McDonald’s, Yum China’s KFC and Shake Shack for market share. International brands are eager to join the competition as well. When US chain Five Guys opened its first stores in Beijing this month, customers waited more than two hours to be served. Wendy’s said in May that it plans to enter the Chinese market and open as many as 1,000 franchised restaurants over the next decade. Liu Tao, a 48 year old musician in Beijing, regularly takes his 11 year old son to McDonald’s on Sundays, fitting the meal into a tight schedule between the boy’s math and English classes. He said burgers work well when time is short and he needs food that feels clean, quick and won’t bore his son, noting that his son often eats in the car on the way to his next class.

  • | |

    Bilawal accuses PML-N of undermining Shehbaz

    PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari has alleged that some elements within the ruling Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) are weakening Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif’s position and creating divisions between the government and its political allies. Addressing an election rally in Poonch, Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK), Bilawal said the PPP’s political differences with the PML-N were normal during elections. However, he claimed that the real problem was internal and involved elements within the ruling party. Bilawal said reports suggesting that the government had collapsed were incorrect. He described Prime Minister Shehbaz as a person with “good intentions”, but questioned whether the premier could succeed if people around him were working against his interests. The PPP chairman alleged that a significant section of the PML-N wanted the prime minister to confront not only opposition parties but also his coalition partners. He also criticised the phased AJK election schedule, questioning why polling was not held on a single day if the region was considered one electoral unit. Bilawal said the elections were being conducted in phases in the name of maintaining peace and ensuring free and fair polling. However, he alleged that the process had instead created opportunities for electoral manipulation. He accused the PML-N of securing seats in advance and alleged that the party had already “taken” seats in Mirpur and Muzaffarabad and was now targeting Poonch and Bagh. The PPP leader urged voters in Poonch and Bagh to respond through their votes in the upcoming elections. The AJK elections are being conducted in three phases. Polling in the Mirpur division was held on July 27, while the second phase in the Muzaffarabad division took place on August 2. The PML-N won nine of the 13 seats contested in Mirpur, while the PPP secured four. In the second phase, the PML-N won 15 additional seats in Muzaffarabad, while the PPP added six. The third phase was originally scheduled for August 10 across the Poonch division. However, the AJK Election Commission has revised the schedule because of security concerns. Under the revised plan, polling on August 10 will be held only in Bagh and Haveli districts. Elections in Poonch district and Pallandri in Sudhnoti district have been postponed. The Election Commission said it took the decision after receiving a report from the AJK home secretary highlighting concerns about the law and order situation in parts of Poonch and Pallandri. The decision follows clashes between protesters and law enforcement personnel in Rawalakot on July 27, which reportedly resulted in several casualties. Tensions have persisted in Rawalakot since early June, with the Joint Awami Action Committee (JAAC) organising periodic protests and sit-ins. The group has been demanding the abolition of 12 seats in the AJK legislature reserved for refugees from Indian-administered Kashmir.

  • | | |

    Mir Raza was shot 4 times, rejects suicide attempt

    Karachi: Sindh Governor Nahal Hashmi has claimed that the death of young businessman Mir Raza Ali was not a case of suicide, stating that the victim had sustained four bullet wounds. His remarks came while addressing a ceremony held under the Prime Minister’s Youth Laptop Program in Karachi. Speaking to students at the event, the governor said it was an honor to participate in the distribution of laptops, describing the initiative as a significant step toward empowering Pakistan’s youth through education and technology. He credited Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif for prioritizing educational development and providing students with modern learning opportunities. Hashmi emphasized the importance of education by referring to the Quranic command “Iqra” (Read), saying that knowledge is the foundation of progress. He added that equipping young people with laptops would help them develop the skills needed for the digital era and contribute to the country’s future. Highlighting Pakistan’s technology ambitions, the governor said the country aims to achieve $25 billion in IT exports. He also praised the success of talented students from Karachi who recently established a company that was reportedly sold to Elon Musk for millions of dollars, calling it a source of pride for the nation. The governor reiterated his support for national unity, stressing that Pakistan was founded as a free and sovereign state in line with the vision of Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah. He also clarified that he serves as a constitutional governor and remains committed to fulfilling his responsibilities under the Constitution. Commenting on law and order, Hashmi urged authorities to further strengthen security measures in Karachi, noting that larger cities naturally face greater crime-related challenges. He said the city’s crime rate has improved significantly compared to previous years but acknowledged that more work is needed. Referring to the ongoing investigation into Mir Raza Ali’s death, the governor stated that, according to the information available to him, the victim had been shot four times and had not died by suicide. He noted that the investigation is still underway and expressed sorrow over the loss of a young life, saying the final conclusions would depend on the outcome of the official probe.

  • |

    India Temple stampede leaves 7 dead, dozens injure…

    NEW DELHI: A crowded morning of worship turned tragic at the Ashok Dham Temple in India’s Bihar state on Monday after a stampede-like incident killed at least seven devotees and injured more than a dozen others. The incident occurred in Lakhisarai district as thousands of worshippers gathered at the temple on the third Monday of the Hindu month of Sawan. Local reports said the crowd surged suddenly, creating panic outside the shrine. Officials said the arrival of two trains between around 6:30am and 6:45am sharply increased the number of people near the temple. The sudden rush reportedly caused a barricade to break, leaving people falling over one another. Initial reports also suggested that an electrical pole or wire may have fallen, triggering panic among worshippers. Authorities have yet to establish the exact sequence of events, and an investigation is underway. Emergency teams and district officials rushed to the scene after the incident. Several injured people were taken to nearby hospitals for treatment, while authorities worked to restore order and manage the remaining crowds. The tragedy has renewed concerns about crowd-control arrangements at major religious gatherings in India, where large numbers of devotees often converge at temples during important festivals. Officials said rescue and relief operations were continuing, while authorities were monitoring the situation around the temple. The incident comes as religious sites across the region experience heavy attendance during the Sawan season, highlighting the importance of effective crowd management, emergency access and safe movement routes.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *