family challenges postmortem
| |

Family challenges post-mortem report of youth kill…

 

 

The family of a young man who was killed in an alleged police encounter in the Kadhan area on the outskirts of Badin has raised serious objections to his post-mortem report, alleging that the report does not accurately reflect the condition of his body.

The relatives of the deceased, identified as Moharram Dil, have declared the post-mortem report to be fake and demanded that his grave be exhumed so that a fresh post-mortem examination can be conducted. The family has called for an impartial investigation into the circumstances surrounding his death and the preparation of the medical report.

Moharram Dil’s father said that there were no visible signs on his son’s body indicating that it had been cut open for a post-mortem examination. He said that when the body was being washed before burial, the family observed gunshot wounds but did not see any other marks that would suggest that a post-mortem had been performed.

The father said that the family also possesses video recordings of his son’s body taken before the burial. According to him, these videos could provide important evidence regarding the condition of the body and may help determine whether the post-mortem examination described in the official report actually took place.

The controversy has emerged over the timing and circumstances of the post-mortem report. Moharram Dil was reportedly killed in an alleged police encounter on July 26, while his post-mortem report was issued five days later, on July 31, by the Rural Health Centre.

The family has questioned the circumstances under which the examination was conducted and how the report was prepared. Their demand for exhumation is aimed at obtaining a new medical examination that could independently establish the cause and circumstances of the young man’s death.

Badin District Health Officer (DHO) has provided an explanation regarding who can conduct a post-mortem examination. According to the DHO, if a medico-legal officer is not available, the medical superintendent or a senior duty doctor can perform the post-mortem.

The clarification comes amid questions raised by the family regarding the validity of the medical report. The authorities may now face pressure to determine whether the procedure was conducted according to the relevant medical and legal requirements.

Police, meanwhile, maintain that Moharram Dil was a drug dealer who was killed during a police encounter on July 26. According to the police version, an exchange of fire took place between the police and the alleged drug dealer, during which Moharram Dil was killed.

Police also claimed that two officers were injured during the encounter. The law enforcement authorities have presented the incident as an armed confrontation, while the deceased’s family has challenged the official account and raised doubts about the circumstances surrounding his death.

The conflicting accounts have increased calls for an independent investigation. The family believes that a fresh post-mortem could help establish whether the injuries on the body correspond with the police account and whether the original medical report was prepared accurately.

The demand for exhumation and a second post-mortem is now at the centre of the controversy. The videos reportedly recorded before the burial could also become relevant if an investigation is launched.

The case has raised broader questions about transparency in alleged police encounters and the importance of properly documented medico-legal procedures. A fresh examination, if authorized, could provide additional evidence and help address the concerns raised by the deceased’s family.

Similar Posts

  • |

    Pakistan suffer heavy defeat as Ireland score 11

    Pakistan’s difficult start to the Masters Hockey World Cup continued on Monday as Ireland handed them a crushing 11-0 defeat in their second Group D match. The one-sided result leaves Pakistan searching for answers after another disappointing outing in the tournament. Ireland dominated proceedings and repeatedly breached the Pakistani defence, eventually finishing with an emphatic 11-goal victory. Pakistan struggled to create a meaningful attacking threat throughout the contest, while Ireland maintained pressure and capitalised on their opportunities. The Pakistani side failed to find the net despite efforts to regain control of the match. The defeat was particularly disappointing for a team featuring experienced former Olympians. Olympians Shahbaz Senior and Khalid Hameed were unable to produce the kind of performance that could inspire a turnaround as Ireland maintained their control from start to finish. The 11-0 scoreline also highlights the challenge facing Pakistan as they attempt to recover from back-to-back defeats at the competition. Pakistan will now have little time to regroup. Their next Group D assignment is scheduled for August 11, when they will face Wales. The upcoming match could provide Pakistan with an opportunity to put the heavy defeat behind them and restore some confidence. However, they will need a much stronger defensive display and greater attacking organisation if they are to avoid another difficult outing. For Pakistan, the focus now shifts from the disappointment against Ireland to the immediate task of responding against Wales. With the tournament moving quickly, the team will be hoping to turn the page and produce a more competitive performance in its next appearance.

  • |

    Asian Football Confederation joins UEFA and CONCACAF in FIFA proposal standoff

    The Asian Football Confederation has taken a clear stand, and it is backing UEFA and CONCACAF on a growing football dispute. The issue centres on a FIFA proposal. It involves bringing private investment into the World Cup’s business operations. The AFC confirmed its position on Friday. In its statement, the AFC expressed solidarity with the two other confederations. It raised serious concerns over FIFA’s plan. The organisation represents 47 member nations. These include Australia, China, Japan and Saudi Arabia. Its statement made clear how seriously the body views the matter. The AFC did not stop there. It pointed out that talk of a possible World Cup boycott has already entered public discussion. According to the AFC, this alone should concern anyone who cares about the sport’s future. It added that this concern should apply across all confederations, not just a few. FIFA responded with its own statement soon after. It said every member association should get a fair chance to review the proposal. The governing body also acknowledged the feedback it had received from UEFA and CONCACAF. FIFA confirmed something significant in its response. All 41 member associations under CONCACAF had rejected the plan. This body oversees football across North and Central America. Their rejection focused specifically on selling a stake in the World Cup’s operations. FIFA also addressed reports around its consultation process. It said the process had been disrupted by what it called inaccurate media coverage. Still, it maintained respect for the concerns raised publicly. It reaffirmed its commitment to keeping things open and democratic. The organisation said it plans to continue with its consultation as scheduled. Its goal, according to the statement, is to let every member vote based on facts. FIFA wants to avoid decisions being shaped by speculation instead. This disagreement adds to a growing list of tensions. FIFA’s push for private investment has already faced resistance from two major confederations. Now, with the AFC joining them, the pressure on football’s global body appears to be increasing. For now, attention remains fixed on FIFA’s next move. All eyes are on how it plans to carry out its consultation process. Many are also watching to see whether these mounting concerns can be addressed, without deepening the divide among football’s governing bodies worldwide.

  • | |

    Medical colleges lower passing marks as seats rema…

    ISLAMABAD: A proposal to reduce the passing threshold for medical college admissions to 50 percent has emerged amid concerns over vacant seats despite efforts to lower merit requirements. The matter was discussed during a meeting of the National Assembly’s Standing Committee on National Health Services, chaired by MNA Mahesh Kumar. The committee also examined complaints alleging that some medical colleges were charging fees above the permitted limit. Committee Chairman Mahesh Kumar said medical colleges are allowed to charge annual fees of up to Rs1.8 million. He directed officials to provide details of institutions allegedly collecting higher fees from students. The chairman also questioned why seats were still remaining vacant after merit requirements had already been relaxed. He suggested that the passing marks could be set at 50 percent and that the proportion of difficult questions in the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council’s entrance examination could also be reviewed. Federal Health Minister said 61 medical colleges had applied for permission to increase their fees. However, he clarified that colleges cannot raise fees independently and that only 35 of the 61 institutions had fulfilled the required conditions for a fee increase. Colleges failing to meet the prescribed criteria would not be permitted to charge higher fees. The President of the PMDC informed the committee that notices had been issued to medical colleges against which complaints of excessive fee collection had been received. Committee member Mustafa Kamal said vacant seats were also a concern for the authorities, but argued that high fees alone could not explain the situation. He pointed out that colleges charging around Rs3.5 million had not faced vacant seats, suggesting that other factors may also be contributing to the problem. The PMDC president further informed the committee that 468 additional seats had been approved for government medical colleges in Punjab, while 315 seats had been added for students from the former FATA region. When the committee chairman asked about an increase in medical seats in Sindh, the PMDC president said no additional seats had been allocated because the province had not submitted an application for an increase.

  • |

    Ahad Raza Mir and Yumna Zaidi to star in Hum TV’s Cafe Firaq

    Ahad Raza Mir is all set to return to Hum TV with an exciting new project, and this time he will be sharing the screen with one of Pakistan’s most celebrated actresses, Yumna Zaidi. The highly anticipated drama, titled Cafe Firaq, has already created significant buzz among drama enthusiasts, thanks to its impressive cast and creative team. Ahad Raza Mir has established himself as one of Pakistan’s leading television actors in a relatively short span of time. He made his acting debut with Sammi and quickly gained recognition for his performances in several successful dramas. Over the years, he has built a reputation for portraying diverse characters and delivering memorable performances. He is currently receiving praise for his role as Haroon Malik in Green Entertainment’s drama Aik Mohabbat Aur, where his performance has once again won the appreciation of viewers. For the past few months, there had been widespread speculation about Ahad Raza Mir’s return to Hum TV. Fans had been eagerly waiting for confirmation of his next major television project, and it now appears that the actor has signed one of the channel’s most anticipated upcoming productions. Joining him in Cafe Firaq is award-winning actress Yumna Zaidi, who remains one of the biggest names in the Pakistani entertainment industry. Known for her ability to transform into every character she plays, Yumna has consistently delivered critically acclaimed performances throughout her career. Her versatility and dedication have earned her a loyal fan following both in Pakistan and internationally. The actress was last seen in Qarz-e-Jaan, after which she has stayed away from television screens, making fans even more eager for her next project. Cafe Firaq will mark her much-awaited return to Hum TV, and viewers are particularly excited to see her paired with Ahad Raza Mir for the first time in a major television serial. The upcoming drama is written by renowned novelist and screenwriter Hashim Nadeem, whose scripts have produced several memorable television hits over the years. His projects are known for combining emotional storytelling with compelling characters, making every new announcement from the writer a topic of discussion among drama lovers. Direction for Cafe Firaq will be handled by Ali Hassan, while the production is expected to feature a strong supporting cast alongside its lead stars. According to reports, the casting process has now been finalized, increasing anticipation for the official launch of the drama. The collaboration of Ahad Raza Mir, Yumna Zaidi, Hashim Nadeem, and Ali Hassan has already generated considerable excitement on social media. Fans are looking forward to seeing how the fresh on-screen pairing and the much-talked-about script come together in what is expected to be one of Hum TV’s biggest projects. Although the makers have yet to announce an official premiere date, Cafe Firaq is expected to go on air toward the end of 2026 or in early 2027. Until then, viewers will be eagerly awaiting teasers, first-look posters, and further updates about what promises to be one of the most anticipated Pakistani dramas of the coming television season.

  • | |

    New CCTV footage emerges in Mir Raza Ali murder in…

    A significant development has emerged in the investigation into the murder of Mir Raza Ali, a young resident of Karachi’s PECHS area, as police continue to gather evidence and analyze new surveillance footage to determine the circumstances surrounding the case. According to investigators, a newly obtained CCTV recording shows Mir Raza Ali walking along a street shortly before the incident. During the footage, he appears to remove a glowing object from his pocket and throw it away while continuing on foot. Police believe the object seen in the video is likely to be a mobile phone, although forensic analysis is still underway to confirm its identity. Officials said a local resident had earlier informed police about the location where a mobile phone was found. The spot reportedly matches the location visible in the CCTV footage where the illuminated object was discarded, strengthening investigators’ efforts to establish a timeline of events. Police have since collected additional evidence from the area where the phone was recovered. Investigators are examining the location for forensic clues that may help determine what happened before the victim’s death and whether anyone else was present at the scene. Authorities also confirmed that more CCTV footage tracing Mir Raza Ali’s movements has been obtained from nearby locations. The investigation team is carrying out a detailed technical and forensic examination of these recordings to reconstruct the victim’s final movements and identify any individuals who may have come into contact with him. Law enforcement officials said the investigation remains active and that all available evidence is being carefully reviewed. Detectives are comparing CCTV footage, forensic findings, witness statements, and digital evidence to establish a clearer picture of the events leading up to the murder. Police have not yet announced any arrests or identified suspects in connection with the case. They emphasized that multiple aspects of the investigation are being examined and that conclusions will only be drawn after all evidence has been thoroughly analyzed. The emergence of the latest CCTV footage is considered an important development because it may help investigators verify key details of the victim’s movements before the incident. However, officials cautioned that the investigation is still in progress, and no final determination has been made regarding the significance of the recovered mobile phone or its possible connection to the crime. Authorities have reiterated their commitment to pursuing every lead and using forensic and technical analysis to ensure that those responsible for Mir Raza Ali’s death are identified and brought to justice.

  • | |

    Fresh monsoon spell to lash Pakistan from August 1…

    ISLAMABAD: Pakistan is set to receive another spell of monsoon rainfall from August 13 to 15, with the upper and central parts of the country expected to experience rain, thunderstorms and occasional heavy downpours. The Pakistan Meteorological Department said on Wednesday that monsoon currents were entering the upper parts of the country while a westerly wave was also influencing the weather system. Rain and thunderstorms are expected across parts of Kashmir and Gilgit-Baltistan. Several districts, including Neelum Valley, Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, Bagh, Mirpur, Diamir, Astore, Skardu, Hunza and Gilgit, are likely to receive rainfall. Several areas of upper Khyber Pakhtunkhwa are also expected to experience showers. The affected districts include Dir, Chitral, Swat, Kohistan, Malakand, Shangla, Mansehra, Abbottabad, Galiyat, Peshawar, Nowshera, Mardan, Swabi and Haripur. In northeastern Punjab, rain is expected from the night of August 12 through August 15. Murree, Sialkot, Narowal, Gujrat, Gujranwala, Lahore, Kasur, Sheikhupura and Nankana Sahib are among the areas likely to receive showers. The weather system is also expected to affect Islamabad, Rawalpindi and the Pothohar region from the night of August 13 to August 15. The Met Office has forecast rain, strong winds and thunderstorms, with isolated heavy falls. Other parts of Punjab, including Sargodha, Faisalabad, Jhang, Toba Tek Singh, Sahiwal, Bahawalpur and Dera Ghazi Khan, are also likely to receive rainfall between August 12 and 15. Parts of Balochistan, including Zhob, Barkhan and Musakhel, may also experience showers. In Sindh, partly cloudy to cloudy conditions are expected in southeastern and coastal areas. Tharparkar, Umerkot and Sanghar may receive rain and thunderstorms on August 12 and 13, while hot and humid conditions are expected elsewhere in the province. The Met Office has warned of urban flooding in low-lying areas of Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Mardan, Swabi, Gujranwala, Gujrat, Sialkot and Lahore. There is also a risk of landslides in vulnerable mountainous areas of upper KP, Gilgit-Baltistan, Murree, Galiyat and Kashmir. Authorities have urged residents and visitors in these areas to remain cautious. Tourists have been advised to take extra care while travelling to mountainous regions during the wet spell. Farmers have also been asked to plan agricultural activities according to the changing weather conditions. According to the National Disaster Management Authority, 155 people have died and 460 have been injured in rain-related incidents during the ongoing monsoon season.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *