foreign office extends
| |

Foreign Office extends consular services to evenin…

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has introduced an evening shift for consular services to make it easier for citizens to access essential facilities outside conventional office hours.

Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar announced the new arrangement on Monday. Under the revised schedule, consular services will now remain available from 8am to 8pm, Monday through Friday.

The extended hours are aimed at improving access to services and making the process more convenient for applicants who cannot visit government offices during normal working hours.

The Foreign Office said the initiative is part of its broader effort to improve public service delivery and make consular facilities more citizen-friendly.

Previously, consular services were generally available during standard government office hours. This created difficulties for people with work commitments and for overseas Pakistanis who needed to visit the ministry for documentation and other consular matters.

The new evening shift will provide applicants with additional time to complete their requirements and access relevant services.

The ministry has also issued a public notice outlining the revised working hours and arrangements for consular services.

The Foreign Office said the initiative reflects its focus on improving efficiency, accessibility and the overall experience of citizens seeking consular assistance.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    Over 1,300kg explosives used in deadly Tank attack…

    DERA ISMAIL KHAN, July 26: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Governor Faisal Karim Kundi has revealed that more than 1,300 kilogrammes of explosives were used in the recent attack on a security checkpost in Tank. The governor made the remarks while speaking to journalists at the Regional Police Office in Dera Ismail Khan. He had attended a security briefing on the law and order situation in the region. Kundi described the attack on the Manji Khel checkpoint as a major and tragic security incident. He said 15 people, including 14 security personnel, lost their lives in the attack. Personnel from the Pakistan Army, police and Forest Department were among those who were martyred, he said. The governor said the huge quantity of explosives used in the attack reflected the seriousness and scale of the militant threat facing the province. He called for a united national strategy to counter terrorism. He said the federal and provincial governments, security forces and the public must work together to defeat militant groups. Kundi said Pakistan was facing security challenges from both internal and external sources. He praised the sacrifices made by security forces to protect the country and its people. The governor also alleged that terrorist groups were using Afghan territory to carry out attacks against Pakistan. He further claimed that weapons left behind in Afghanistan by international forces were being used in attacks, particularly in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Kundi said neither the people nor the security forces would be intimidated by such attacks. He praised the courage of injured personnel whom he met during his visit. He said the recommendations presented by regional police officials would be conveyed to the federal government. He also said he would raise the issue of improving compensation and support packages for injured security personnel with Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi and the provincial government. The governor stressed that supporting the families of martyred and injured personnel was a collective responsibility. He assured them that the government would continue to support them. Kundi also called for stronger coordination between the federal and provincial governments. He said Islamabad and Peshawar must work closely to tackle the growing security threat. He urged authorities to expand intelligence-based operations across Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. He said he would discuss the matter with the provincial chief minister. According to the military’s media wing, militants had attempted to breach the perimeter of the joint police checkpost in Tank. Security forces responded quickly and killed 12 attackers. The attackers also drove an explosives-filled vehicle into the checkpoint’s perimeter wall. The resulting blast caused extensive damage to the infrastructure. The Tank attack comes as Khyber Pakhtunkhwa continues to face a persistent threat from militant violence. In another recent operation in South Waziristan, security forces foiled a suicide attack and killed four terrorists, including the would-be suicide bomber. Kundi said restoring peace in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and surrounding areas remained a national priority. He praised police personnel for continuing to perform their duties despite difficult security conditions.

  • | | | |

    US, Iran and Oman near interim Strait of Hormuz ag…

    WASHINGTON: A breakthrough agreement aimed at reopening the strategically vital Strait of Hormuz could be announced as early as Wednesday, with the United States, Iran and Oman reportedly nearing a temporary deal designed to restore maritime traffic and reinforce the fragile ceasefire between Washington and Tehran. According to a report by the US news website Axios, citing two regional sources and a US official, negotiations have reached their final stage after weeks of intensive diplomacy. The agreement is expected to provide a 60-day interim framework that could later be extended if both sides remain committed to its terms. Under the proposed arrangement, ships entering the Persian Gulf would travel through the northern shipping lane under Iranian oversight, while vessels leaving for the Arabian Sea would use the southern lane within Omani waters, coordinated in consultation with Iran. During the interim period, no tolls or transit fees would be imposed on commercial shipping. The deal also includes a commitment to clear naval mines from the central navigation channel within 30 days. Once the route is declared safe, it is expected to become the primary passage for two-way maritime traffic under a longer-term management framework jointly coordinated by Iran and Oman. The reported agreement would address some of Iran’s longstanding demands for a greater role in managing navigation through the strategic waterway, one of the world’s most important energy corridors through which a significant share of global oil and liquefied natural gas exports passes. Regional diplomatic efforts played a crucial role in bringing the parties closer to an understanding. Sources familiar with the talks said officials from Qatar, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia supported mediation efforts alongside Oman, while the White House remained actively involved throughout the negotiations. The report added that US envoy Steve Witkoff, Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi, and Omani Foreign Minister Badr Albusaidi held several telephone discussions in recent days to finalize outstanding issues. Regional sources said Araghchi had agreed to the proposal in principle over the weekend, pending approval from Iran’s senior leadership and the Supreme National Security Council. A US official and another regional source indicated that Tehran completed its approval process on Tuesday, clearing the way for a formal announcement. If confirmed, the agreement could ease tensions in the Gulf, reduce risks to global energy supplies, and revive broader diplomatic efforts, including discussions on Iran’s nuclear programme and long-term regional stability.

  • |

    25 US states challenge Trump’s new tariffs in court

    NEW YORK: A coalition of 25 US states has filed a lawsuit against the administration of President Donald Trump, seeking to block a new round of tariffs imposed on imports from dozens of countries. The legal challenge was submitted to the US Court of International Trade in New York, where the states asked the court to suspend the tariffs, declare them unlawful and order the federal government to refund businesses that have already paid the import duties. The coalition argued that the administration exceeded its legal authority by introducing sweeping tariffs under Section 301 of the Trade Act of 1974. According to the lawsuit, the investigations cited by the administration as justification for the tariffs were used as a pretext to impose broad trade restrictions. The disputed tariffs, ranging from 10% to 12.5%, were introduced last month and apply to imports from 60 trading partners, covering a significant share of goods entering the United States. The Trump administration has defended the measures, saying they are intended to address concerns related to forced labour in international supply chains and to protect American trade interests. The White House maintains that the tariffs were imposed within the government’s legal authority and remain an important tool for securing fair trade practices. A White House spokesperson said the administration is using powers granted under US trade law to respond to what it considers unfair policies and practices affecting American commerce. Officials also argued that Section 301 tariffs have previously withstood legal scrutiny and continue to be a lawful instrument of trade policy. The lawsuit follows earlier legal disputes over President Trump’s tariff policies. Previous tariffs introduced under emergency economic powers were struck down by the US Supreme Court earlier this year, prompting the administration to replace them with the current Section 301 measures after a temporary global tariff expired in July. The states involved in the case contend that the latest tariffs are arbitrary and unlawful, arguing that while they support efforts to combat forced labour worldwide, such concerns cannot be used to justify what they describe as an illegal expansion of presidential tariff powers.

  • | |

    Irina Shayk finds new boyfriend after parting ways…

    Supermodel Irina Shayk appears to be embracing a new chapter in her love life. Nearly three years after her brief romance with former NFL star Tom Brady ended, the Russian model is reportedly dating NBA player Devin Booker. According to multiple reports, the relationship is still in its early stages, but those close to the pair say the connection is growing stronger with each passing week.  Sources claim Shayk and Booker were introduced through mutual friends several months ago. Since then, they have been spending time together whenever their busy schedules allow. With Booker preparing for the upcoming NBA season, the two are reportedly making the most of the summer, enjoying low-key outings and getting to know each other away from the public eye.  Romance rumors intensified after the pair were spotted together in the Hamptons over the weekend. Witnesses reportedly saw them leaving a café before later attending a social gathering in Montauk. While neither Shayk nor Booker has confirmed the relationship publicly, insiders say the model is “very into him” and may even attend some of his basketball games once the season begins.  The reported romance comes after Shayk’s short-lived relationship with Tom Brady, which first made headlines in the summer of 2023. The pair dated for a few months before quietly going their separate ways. At the time, sources described the split as amicable, saying the relationship had simply “fizzled out” without any drama or hard feelings.  Before Brady, Shayk was in a long-term relationship with actor Bradley Cooper, with whom she shares daughter Lea De Seine. Despite ending their romance in 2019, the former couple have maintained a friendly co-parenting relationship and have often been praised for putting their daughter first.  Booker, meanwhile, was previously in a high-profile relationship with reality star Kendall Jenner. The NBA standout has largely kept his personal life private since their split, making the reported romance with Shayk one of his first public dating stories in recent years.  Although neither Shayk nor Booker has addressed the reports directly, those close to the couple say they are enjoying the early stages of their relationship without rushing into the spotlight. For now, the pair seem content to let their romance develop naturally, proving that sometimes the best relationships begin quietly before capturing the world’s attention. 

  • | | |

    Maryam Aurangzeb says PML-N Can address Azad Kashm…

    Punjab Senior Minister Maryam Aurangzeb has said that Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) has the ability to address the long-standing challenges and deprivations faced by the people of Azad Kashmir. She urged party workers to support PML-N candidates and work for their success. Addressing a rally in Rawalpindi, Maryam Aurangzeb highlighted what she described as the development achievements of PML-N governments and said the party has always focused on infrastructure, public welfare, and improving living standards. She criticized political opponents and said that development should be judged by practical projects rather than statements. Referring to major infrastructure initiatives, she challenged critics to deliver projects similar to the motorways built during Nawaz Sharif’s tenure and the metro services introduced during Shahbaz Sharif’s government. Maryam Aurangzeb said that development work has not been limited to Lahore, claiming that roads and infrastructure projects have been completed across Punjab. She added that the government’s focus remains on expanding facilities and improving public services. The Punjab minister also mentioned development initiatives associated with Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz, including public transport projects in Azad Kashmir. She said that green buses are now operating on the streets of Muzaffarabad, providing improved transportation facilities for residents. She further claimed that within 18 months, the Punjab government provided housing opportunities to around 200,000 people under the “Apni Chhat Apna Ghar” initiative. According to her, educational support programs have also been expanded, including the distribution of laptops to 100,000 students and Honhaar scholarships for 50,000 students. Maryam Aurangzeb emphasized that PML-N’s approach is based on development, education, and public welfare. She called on party supporters to actively participate in political activities and strengthen the party’s position. Her remarks came during ongoing political activities, where parties are presenting their development plans and seeking public support. The issue of development and addressing regional challenges remains a key focus in political discussions across Pakistan. PML-N leaders have repeatedly highlighted infrastructure and welfare projects as central parts of their political agenda, while opponents continue to debate the effectiveness and impact of these initiatives.

  • |

    Neymar answers critics with poker celebration on Santos return

    Brazilian star Neymar marked his long-awaited return to action for Santos by scoring twice and responding to recent criticism with a playful goal celebration inspired by poker. The veteran forward helped Santos come from behind to secure a 2-2 draw against bottom-placed Chapecoense in Brazil’s Serie A on Saturday. The 34-year-old made his first appearance for Santos after spending two-and-a-half months on the sidelines. His return came at a crucial stage of the season, with Santos battling to avoid relegation from Brazil’s top flight. Although the draw earned the club an important point, Santos remain in danger, sitting just one point above the relegation zone. Neymar had come under renewed criticism earlier in the week after taking part in a poker tournament while his Santos teammates were playing a Copa Sudamericana match in Venezuela. His decision sparked debate among fans and pundits, with many questioning his priorities during his injury lay-off. The Brazilian forward appeared to respond to those comments after opening the scoring. Following his first goal, Neymar celebrated by pretending to deal playing cards, an apparent reference to the poker tournament that had attracted criticism. Moments later, he added another light-hearted celebration by using the corner flag to imitate a golf swing, further acknowledging the public scrutiny surrounding his off-field activities. Despite the criticism, Neymar delivered when Santos needed him most. His two goals helped the struggling side recover from a difficult position and earn a valuable draw. While the result did not move Santos away from the relegation battle, it provided encouragement as the club fights to remain in Brazil’s top division. The match also marked Neymar’s first appearance since Brazil’s disappointing FIFA World Cup campaign. The country’s all-time leading goalscorer recently announced the end of his international career after Brazil were eliminated by Norway in the Round of 16, bringing an end to one of the most successful international careers in the nation’s history. Having stepped away from international football, Neymar is now expected to focus entirely on helping Santos improve their domestic fortunes. His experience and leadership will be vital as the club attempts to avoid relegation during the remainder of the season. Fans welcomed Neymar’s return, with many praising his immediate impact despite the recent controversy. His performance demonstrated that he remains capable of making the difference on the pitch, even as discussions about his lifestyle continue off it. While his poker-themed celebration is likely to generate further debate, Neymar made one thing clear through his display against Chapecoense: he intends to answer his critics with performances rather than words. With Santos still facing a difficult fight for survival, the club will hope their star forward can maintain his fitness and continue producing decisive performances in the weeks ahead. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *