nicola coughlan makes
| |

Nicola Coughlan makes stunning confession about bo…

Nicola Coughlan has offered fans a rare and sweet glimpse into her relationship with boyfriend Jake Dunn, revealing that the couple found an easy way to stay close despite their demanding acting careers.

The Bridgerton star recently opened up about Dunn’s unexpected decision to remain with her in Malta while she filmed her upcoming movie The Magic Faraway Tree. Rather than spending weeks apart, the couple managed to turn Coughlan’s work trip into a memorable time together.

“He actually was in Malta the whole time I was filming, so I can’t complain,” Coughlan told E! News. She explained that Dunn initially traveled to Malta to visit her while he was taking a break from filming. However, the visit quickly became something more.

“He came for a visit and then stayed,” she recalled. “He was on a break from filming at that time. He’s like, ‘I think I’m gonna stay.’ I was like, ‘Yeah, stay!’” 

Coughlan described the period as a particularly happy memory. Her co-stars, including Andrew Garfield and Claire Foy, also had loved ones around during filming, creating a warm atmosphere away from the usual pressures of a movie set. “It’s a very happy memory, that time. It was lovely,” she said. 

The couple have been romantically linked since 2024 and have generally preferred to keep their relationship away from the spotlight. Coughlan has previously spoken about how uncomfortable she felt after paparazzi photographs of her and Dunn appeared online, saying the level of attention surrounding her private life could feel overwhelming. 

Despite that scrutiny, Coughlan has gradually shared small details about their romance. In March 2026, she discussed how they manage their long-distance relationship, explaining that they make an effort to stay connected through FaceTime and the videos she sends Dunn. She also praised the fact that he has his own interests and busy schedule. 

Coughlan and Dunn eventually made their relationship Instagram official in February 2025 before making their red-carpet debut at a BAFTA Television event in April of the same year. 

Now, Coughlan’s latest comments show a softer side of their relationship. Her admission that she “can’t complain” about having Dunn by her side in Malta suggests that their romance is built around making the most of the limited time they have together.

With The Magic Faraway Tree arriving in cinemas on August 21, Coughlan is entering another busy chapter professionally. But if her latest comments are any indication, she has found a simple way to make the journey more enjoyable: having someone she loves close by.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    Akbar Islam exposes reality of working with Sana Javed

    Sana Javed’s reputation within the Pakistani entertainment industry has been complicated for several years. Before her marriage to cricketer Shoaib Malik, a wave of allegations from colleagues and crew members described her as rude and difficult to work with on set, a controversy that temporarily cost her significant public goodwill. Following her marriage, she stepped away from acting for a period, and her return to screens in the ongoing drama Bas Tera Saath Ho has been watched closely by audiences curious about how the comeback would land. Now, a co-star from the same production has stepped forward to share his firsthand experience of working alongside her, and what he had to say runs contrary to the narrative that had built up around her. Akbar Islam, who plays a supportive neighbour uncle in Bas Tera Saath Ho, was asked directly about his experience working with Sana Javed and whether the stories about her difficult behaviour on set reflected the reality he had encountered. His response was thoughtful and contextual rather than simply defensive of the actress. He said that what people interpret as rudeness is not always what it appears to be. Actors, he explained, need to maintain a certain aura on set. A professional distance, a sense of presence and composure, is part of how performers protect the quality of the work and the integrity of their characters. What some people read as aloofness or arrogance may simply be an actor holding that professional boundary. He said this was the context in which he understood what had previously been said about Sana Javed, and about her co-star Farhan Saeed as well. As for his own experience working with them on Bas Tera Saath Ho, he described it plainly as a great one. He added that dynamics differ from set to set and production to production, suggesting that past accounts may have reflected specific circumstances rather than a fixed truth about either actor’s character. Sana Javed’s performance in Bas Tera Saath Ho has been receiving positive attention from viewers, marking a steady rehabilitation of her public image following the controversy that preceded her comeback. The drama itself has been well received, with Akbar Islam’s own performance drawing warm feedback from audiences who appreciate the warmth and depth he brings to his supporting role. His remarks offer a counterpoint to the accounts that once dominated the conversation about Sana Javed, framing the earlier criticism through the lens of professional behaviour rather than personal failing, and suggesting that the version of her colleagues have encountered during the filming of Bas Tera Saath Ho has been a different and more positive experience altogether.

  • |

    Coach hails Fatima’s bronze, urges women’s boxing support

    Veteran Pakistani boxing coach and former international boxer Arshad Hussain has praised Fatima Zehra for securing a rare bronze medal at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, saying her achievement reflects the untapped potential of Pakistan’s female boxers. Arshad, who has himself competed at the Commonwealth Games, said winning a medal at the prestigious event was a major accomplishment, particularly in women’s boxing. Speaking about Fatima’s performance, he said she had to overcome strong international competition and win two bouts to secure the bronze medal. He stressed that athletes competing at the Commonwealth level face opponents from countries against whom Pakistani boxers often have limited experience. Arshad also called for greater attention to women’s boxing in Pakistan. He said the country has several promising female fighters who could achieve significant success if provided with proper coaching, international exposure and regular training opportunities. He identified Fatima Zehra, Malaika and Maria among the boxers with considerable potential. According to him, these athletes should be given opportunities to train abroad for several months so they can improve their technical skills and gain valuable international experience. The veteran coach also expressed disappointment over boxer Qudratullah’s decision to leave Pakistan after participating in the Commonwealth Games. He described him as a talented fighter and questioned the circumstances that led to his disappearance from the national setup. While assessing the performance of Pakistan’s male boxers at the Games, Arshad said they produced competitive performances but lacked the required technical and physical sharpness. He maintained that better preparation could help them compete more effectively at the international level. Arshad further highlighted the need for sustained government support for boxing. He recalled Pakistan’s strong history in the sport and argued that short training camps were insufficient to prepare athletes for major international competitions. He questioned how Pakistan could expect medals when boxers were given only a 20-day camp before the Commonwealth Games, saying even much longer preparation does not guarantee success at that level. Looking ahead to the Asian Games, Arshad remained cautious about Pakistan’s medal chances. He said the competition would be significantly tougher, with major boxing nations including Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Thailand, Japan, China and the Philippines expected to compete.

  • Luxury Hotels Successfully Use Bio-Gas To Boost Profits And Save The Environment

    BANGKOK – The hospitality industry is experiencing a massive shift toward sustainable energy solutions and green practices today. Luxury hotels are no longer competing just on beautiful ocean views and excellent customer service. Modern tourists actively seek out eco-friendly accommodations that significantly reduce their overall environmental carbon footprint. Many luxury resorts are now replacing traditional […]

  • | | |

    US-Pakistan trade surpasses $8 billion, says Natal…

    US Chargé d’Affaires in Pakistan Natalie Baker has said that bilateral trade between the United States and Pakistan exceeded $8 billion in 2025. Baker visited Lahore on August 11 and 12, where she held meetings with Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz Sharif, Adviser Ali Dar, business leaders and technology experts. According to the US Embassy, discussions during the visit focused on artificial intelligence (AI), higher education, innovation, trade and investment opportunities between the two countries. Baker said the United States remained committed to working with Pakistan’s private sector, universities, innovators and government institutions to strengthen economic and technological cooperation. She noted that Pakistan’s technology sector was expanding rapidly, creating opportunities for greater collaboration in trade, investment, AI and emerging technologies. The US diplomat highlighted software development, digital services and artificial intelligence as areas with significant potential for cooperation between the two countries. Emphasising the importance of stronger commercial ties, Baker said bilateral trade had crossed the $8 billion mark in 2025. She also stressed the potential of US educational expertise to create new opportunities for Pakistani students while contributing to stronger economic ties between Pakistan and the United States. Baker’s Lahore visit focused on exploring new areas of partnership and strengthening existing economic and technological links. Discussions with government officials, business representatives and technology experts also highlighted the growing role of innovation and digital industries in Pakistan’s economy. The US diplomat said continued cooperation between the two countries could help expand investment, support technological development and create new opportunities for businesses and students in both countries.

  • | | |

    SBP to study daily fuel price impact on inflation

    ISLAMABAD: The federal government has directed the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) to conduct a comprehensive study on how the daily revision of petroleum prices affects inflation, as authorities seek new measures to protect consumers from rising living costs and volatile global energy markets. The decision was taken during a meeting of the National Price Monitoring Committee (NPMC), which reviewed the country’s inflation outlook and discussed ways to minimise the impact of fluctuating fuel prices on households and businesses. According to officials, the SBP has been asked to prepare a detailed action plan within 15 days to evaluate the inflationary effects of daily adjustments in petrol and high-speed diesel (HSD) prices, following international best practices. The central bank is expected to recommend policy options that could help maintain price stability while supporting economic growth. The committee was informed that the SBP’s primary responsibility is to ensure price stability through effective monetary policy, including the use of interest rates to manage inflation expectations and regulate money supply. Alongside the SBP study, the NPMC instructed provincial governments, Azad Jammu and Kashmir, Gilgit-Baltistan and the Islamabad Capital Territory to strengthen market monitoring and prevent unjustified increases in the prices of essential commodities whenever fuel prices are revised. The committee also expressed concern over excessive pricing of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), noting that consumers in many areas were paying significantly more than the official rates notified by the Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA). Authorities have been directed to intensify monitoring and narrow the gap between notified and market prices. Officials said the recent regional conflict involving Iran had disrupted energy markets, contributing to higher LPG prices despite regulatory efforts. The meeting also focused on the prices of key food items, including tomatoes, chicken, wheat flour and edible oil. Representatives from the Ministry of National Food Security attributed the surge in tomato prices to seasonal shortages, explaining that Pakistan was importing tomatoes from Iran and Afghanistan to meet domestic demand. However, following the closure of the Afghanistan border, officials said additional tomato imports would now be sourced from Romania to prevent supply shortages and stabilise prices. To improve food quality and consumer protection, the Ministry of Science and Technology will work with the Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PBS) and provincial authorities to develop testing standards for loose milk, dairy products, edible oil and ghee. Accredited laboratories will conduct regular testing, with quarterly reports submitted to the NPMC. The committee also urged authorities to reduce wholesale and retail price disparities across different cities, improve the supply chain for essential goods and work more closely with the private sector to arrange timely imports before seasonal shortages trigger sharp price increases. Officials expressed hope that stronger coordination, tighter market oversight and evidence-based policymaking would help ease inflationary pressures and provide greater stability for consumers in the coming months.

  • |

    Grenade blast kills three in Lakki Marwat

    A family dispute in the Bahram Khel area of Lakki Marwat turned tragic when a hand grenade exploded inside a house, killing three people and injuring three children, police said. According to officials, the explosion occurred during an argument between family members. The powerful blast claimed the lives of a man, his sister-in-law, and his nephew on the spot, while three children suffered injuries of varying severity. Residents rushed to the house after hearing the explosion and alerted rescue teams. Emergency responders reached the scene shortly afterward and shifted the victims to a nearby hospital. Doctors are providing medical treatment to the injured children, while the bodies of the deceased have been handed over for legal formalities. Police cordoned off the area and launched an investigation to determine the circumstances that led to the explosion. Investigators are examining how the hand grenade came to be inside the house and whether it was intentionally used during the dispute or detonated accidentally. Authorities have begun collecting evidence from the scene and recording statements from family members and witnesses. Officials said they will determine responsibility after completing the investigation and forensic examination. No arrests have been reported so far, and police said further details will emerge as the inquiry progresses.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *