noreen niazis comments
| |

Noreen Niazi’s comments do not reflect PTI polic…

RAWALPINDI: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Barrister Gohar Ali Khan has distanced the party from recent remarks made by Imran Khan’s sister, Noreen Niazi, stating that her comments reflected her personal opinion and should not be viewed as the official position of PTI.

Speaking to journalists outside Adiala Jail on Tuesday, Gohar said he had been informed that the interview in question was recorded nearly three months ago. He emphasized that Noreen Niazi holds no office within the party and is not involved in PTI’s political decision-making process.

Highlighting national security, the PTI chairman described Pakistan’s recent success in Marka-e-Haq as a matter of national pride and credited it as a blessing for the country. He said Pakistan’s response to external threats had demonstrated its strength before the world and warned that any future aggression would be met with an even stronger reaction.

Gohar also appealed to political leaders and the public to avoid making controversial statements about the armed forces or the country’s martyrs, stressing that such sensitive issues should remain above political disagreements.

Reaffirming PTI’s position on terrorism, he said the party fully supports decisive action against terrorist elements and called for a united national strategy to eliminate the threat through collective efforts and available state resources.

On the political front, Gohar confirmed that PTI’s boycott of parliamentary standing committees and the Judicial Commission remains unchanged.

Discussing the upcoming Azad Jammu and Kashmir elections, he said the party had received reports that the electoral process had been rescheduled into three phases. Although some members had proposed reconsidering the boycott, no agreement had been reached, and the party’s decision to stay away from the polls remains in force.

Separately, prison sources confirmed that former prime minister Imran Khan and his wife, Bushra Bibi, were allowed to meet inside Adiala Jail. The meeting reportedly took place in the prison’s conference room and lasted around 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, Imran Khan’s sister Aleema Khan called on PTI lawmakers and senior leaders to actively participate in the party’s anti-government campaign instead of leaving the responsibility to a limited number of workers and family members. Expressing concern over the lack of updates regarding her brother’s condition, she questioned how long the movement could continue without stronger support from the party’s elected representatives and leadership.

Similar Posts

  • |

    Nimra Khan shares advice for parents on daughters’ marriage

    Nimra Khan is a well-known Pakistani actress and model who has remained associated with the entertainment industry for many years. Throughout her career, she has earned recognition for her acting skills and strong presence on television. However, her personal life has also attracted considerable public attention, particularly after she went through some difficult experiences. The actress previously survived a horrific traffic accident and later spoke about facing domestic violence during her first marriage. Despite the challenges she encountered, Nimra continued to move forward and eventually found happiness again when she got married for the second time. Her second marriage initially appeared to be a happy new beginning. Nimra openly shared moments of joy with her followers and celebrated the new chapter of her life. However, the happiness did not seem to last for long. In recent weeks, both Nimra and her husband have shared cryptic posts on social media, leading fans to speculate that their relationship may have come to an end. Adding to the speculation, Nimra has removed several of her wedding pictures from social media. She has also been sharing posts discussing toxic relationships, difficult men and the importance of women maintaining their independence. Her recent messages have sparked considerable discussion among her followers. Nimra has now shared advice directed at parents who are preparing to marry off their daughters. She reposted a message from a father advising parents to carefully consider the financial circumstances and character of a man before marrying their daughters to him. The message particularly warned parents against marrying their daughters to men who are financially unstable and dependent on others. Nimra appeared to agree with the advice and emphasized the importance of checking a prospective husband’s financial situation before making such a major decision. Her message reflects a broader discussion about the responsibilities of parents when arranging or approving marriages. Financial stability, emotional maturity, respect and the ability to take responsibility are often considered important factors when evaluating a potential life partner. However, Nimra’s advice also received mixed reactions from social media users. While some people agreed with her point and appreciated her willingness to speak about the issue, others questioned whether she should be giving relationship advice based on her own experiences. One social media user commented that Nimra should focus on healing rather than becoming involved in what they described as unnecessary drama. Another person pointed out that she had already been married twice and questioned her advice about remaining single and independent. At the same time, some users defended Nimra’s viewpoint. One commenter agreed that parents should carefully evaluate a man’s circumstances before marrying their daughters but raised another question about what qualities parents should consider when evaluating girls. Nimra’s latest post has therefore opened another debate about marriage, financial stability, independence and the responsibilities of both families. While opinions remain divided, her comments have once again placed her personal experiences and views on relationships at the centre of public discussion.

  • | |

    Katy Perry slams Trump administration over ‘Fire…

    WASHINGTON: Pop star Katy Perry has sharply criticized the Trump administration after the White House used her hit song “Firework” in a social media video showing US military strikes on Iran, saying the use of her music was completely contrary to the message behind the song. The White House’s official TikTok account shared a video on Thursday featuring footage related to US attacks on Iran. The clip used the familiar “boom, boom, boom” lyrics from Perry’s 2010 hit alongside images of military strikes. The post carried a blunt warning directed at Iran, adding a strikingly confrontational tone to a song that Perry has long described as being about hope, confidence and personal strength. Perry responded on social media on Saturday, making clear that she had not authorized the use of the song and did not support the way it had been presented. “I’m deeply shocked and angry,” Perry said in her statement, objecting to the song’s appearance alongside images of destruction and military action. She emphasized that no permission had been sought from her for the video and that she did not endorse its message. For Perry, the controversy goes beyond the question of whether her music was used without authorization. She argued that the video fundamentally changed the meaning of a song intended to encourage people facing difficult moments. “Firework,” released in 2010, became one of Perry’s biggest international hits. Its message centers on self-belief, resilience and finding inner strength during challenging periods. The song has also become closely associated with celebrations and inspirational moments. That made its use in a military video particularly jarring for the singer. Perry said her music was created to bring people together rather than celebrate war, arguing that pairing an uplifting song with images of destruction undermined its original purpose. The dispute comes as tensions between Washington and Tehran remain extremely high, with military action and threats dominating international headlines. The White House has not been reported as having received Perry’s approval for the video, while her comments have reignited a wider debate over the use of popular music in political and military messaging. The incident also highlights the complicated relationship between artists and governments when copyrighted music is used in political communications. Musicians have repeatedly objected when their songs appear in campaigns or political videos without their consent. For Perry, however, the central issue appears to be the message. A song written to tell people to find their light in dark times was suddenly placed against scenes of war — a contrast she clearly believes turns its meaning upside down.

  • | |

    Robert Pattinson to hang up Batman cape after Reeves trilogy

    Robert Pattinson is reportedly preparing to end his journey as Batman after completing the planned trilogy directed by Matt Reeves. Pattinson first appeared as the iconic DC superhero in 2022’s The Batman, which offered a darker and more grounded interpretation of Bruce Wayne. The film was directed by Reeves and became a major success, paving the way for further chapters in the story. The actor is set to return as Batman in The Batman Part II, which is scheduled to arrive in cinemas on February 18, 2028. A third instalment is also planned, and recent reports indicate that it could mark Pattinson’s final appearance under the cape. In the first film, Batman investigates the murder of Gotham City’s mayor and becomes entangled in a disturbing mystery involving the Riddler, played by Paul Dano. As the investigation develops, Bruce Wayne uncovers links between Gotham’s criminal world, his family’s history and the city’s troubled past. The film concluded with the Riddler being imprisoned at Arkham State Hospital. There, he encounters another inmate whose identity strongly hints at the Joker, played by Barry Keoghan. The character is expected to have a larger presence in the upcoming sequel. The Batman Part II is expected to expand Reeves’ version of Gotham while introducing several returning and new characters. Pattinson will once again lead the cast as Batman, while Jeffrey Wright is expected to return as James Gordon and Andy Serkis as Alfred Pennyworth. Scarlett Johansson and Sebastian Stan are also among the names linked to the highly anticipated sequel. If Pattinson exits the role after the third film, his departure would close a major chapter in Reeves’ Batman saga. The planned trilogy is expected to complete the director’s current vision of the character while leaving open the possibility of future stories within DC’s wider universe.

  • |

    Diego Luna to receive Honorary Heart of Sarajevo for his lasting impact on cinema

    Diego Luna, an actor known for an impressive string of standout roles throughout his career, is about to reach a significant milestone. The Sarajevo Film Festival has announced it will honor him with its prestigious Honorary Heart of Sarajevo award in 2026, recognizing what organizers describe as his lasting contribution to filmmaking. Luna, who earned widespread acclaim for his role in “Andor,” expressed genuine gratitude upon hearing the news. He shared that he has long wanted to visit Sarajevo, having heard glowing accounts from fellow industry colleagues about their experiences at the festival over the years. Beyond receiving the honor, Luna will also use the festival as a platform to showcase his latest project. The “Narcos: Mexico” star will present “Ashes,” marking his newest work as a director, to festival audiences. He described feeling honored by the recognition while also expressing excitement about finally sharing his directorial project with viewers. Festival director Jovan Marjanović spoke warmly about Luna’s artistic journey, recalling how the actor first captured audiences’ attention roughly twenty-five years ago through his breakout performance in “Y Tu Mamá También.” Marjanović noted that even then, it was clear they were witnessing the rise of an artist unafraid to explore new creative territory, someone capable of moving fluidly between blockbuster Hollywood projects and smaller, deeply personal stories rooted in Latin American culture. The festival director further praised Luna’s substantial body of work, describing its lasting influence on modern cinema and calling it a genuine privilege to present him with this honor. Luna first gained international recognition through Alfonso Cuarón’s coming-of-age drama “Y Tu Mamá También,” a role that launched him into the global spotlight. Since then, he has built an extensive filmography, collaborating with numerous respected filmmakers, including Steven Spielberg, Gus Van Sant, and Harmony Korine, further cementing his reputation as a versatile and accomplished performer. This year’s Sarajevo Film Festival, marking its 32nd edition, will run from August 14 through August 21, bringing together filmmakers, actors, and cinema enthusiasts from around the world. Luna’s dual presence, both as an honoree and as a filmmaker presenting new work, positions him as one of the festival’s central figures this year, highlighting both his acting legacy and his evolving voice behind the camera.

  • | |

    Police Commission Unanimously Endorses Pol Gen Samran Nualma as Next Royal Thai Police Chief

    Bangkok – Prime Minister Anutin Charnvirakul’s nomination of Pol Gen Samran Nualma as the 16th Commissioner-General of the Royal Thai Police (RTP) received unanimous backing from the National Police Commission on Wednesday. The 12-0 vote came after more than 90 minutes of deliberation, clearing the way for the veteran officer to assume the top police […]

  • |

    South Korea investigates election officials over alleged vote turnout manipulation

    South Korean investigators have launched a major investigation into the National Election Commission after allegations that officials altered voter turnout figures during the June 3 local elections. Authorities searched the commission’s offices on Thursday as part of a widening probe into what could become one of the country’s most serious election controversies in recent years. The investigation follows widespread problems that disrupted voting on election day. Dozens of polling stations ran out of ballot papers, creating confusion for voters across the country. The shortages occurred during the first nationwide local elections held after President Lee Jae Myung took office last year. The incident sparked public criticism, street protests, and growing demands for greater transparency in the country’s election system. The controversy also forced National Election Commission chief Roh Tae-ak to resign. President Lee responded by ordering a full investigation into the failures that affected the election process. Since then, police and prosecutors have been examining whether the problems were caused by simple mistakes or deliberate misconduct. According to investigators, there is evidence that officials from both the National Election Commission and the Gyeonggi Provincial Election Commission entered false voter turnout figures into the election reporting system. Authorities believe some staff members changed numbers without following the commission’s official approval procedures. Investigators suspect the changes were made to fix earlier reporting mistakes while officials waited for accurate turnout data from polling stations. Instead of correcting the figures through the required process, they allegedly adjusted turnout numbers across several voting locations to make the overall totals appear consistent. Reports suggest one example involved a polling station where officials accidentally recorded 1,000 voters instead of the actual 100. Rather than immediately correcting the mistake, investigators believe the excess figures were temporarily distributed among other polling stations with the expectation that later voter turnout would balance the totals. Authorities are now examining whether similar adjustments were made elsewhere during the election. Under the commission’s regulations, any correction to turnout figures must receive formal approval before being entered into the system. Investigators believe those procedures may have been bypassed in several cases. Officials leading the investigation confirmed that two election workers have already been placed under formal investigation on suspicion of falsifying official electronic records. Authorities are now trying to determine whether the alleged actions were limited to lower level employees or whether senior officials knew about or approved the changes. Analysts say the case has drawn attention to long standing concerns about oversight within South Korea’s election commission. Because the commission operates as an independent constitutional body, critics argue that its internal monitoring and disciplinary systems have not always been strong enough to prevent misconduct. The ballot paper shortages also affected voters directly. Data provided by the commission to lawmakers showed that at least 90 people were unable to cast their ballots because voting papers were unavailable at their polling stations. The controversy has also fueled political tensions. Supporters of former president Yoon Suk Yeol, who is currently in jail while facing trial on insurrection charges, have renewed claims that the country’s elections require closer scrutiny. Some far right groups have repeated allegations of foreign interference despite the absence of verified evidence supporting those claims. In recent weeks, university students have joined demonstrations calling for a complete investigation into the election commission. Protesters are demanding stronger safeguards to protect voting rights and restore public confidence in South Korea’s democratic institutions. As the investigation continues, authorities say they will examine every level of the election process to determine whether any broader misconduct took place.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *