pakistan hold norway
|

Pakistan hold Norway Cup rivals to 2-2 draw in thrilling group match

Pakistan’s Better Future football team continued its impressive run at the Norway Cup 2026, battling to a 2-2 draw against Norwegian club Trygg/Lade in their second group-stage match in Oslo.

The Karachi-based side, which won the tournament’s Boys Under-15 event last year, once again showed determination and attacking intent as it secured another positive result against international opposition.

According to reports from Oslo, Better Future Pakistan produced an energetic performance against Trygg/Lade, with Yasin and Shahid finding the net for the Pakistani team. Both players played a key role in keeping their side level during a competitive encounter.

The draw follows an encouraging start to Pakistan’s campaign. Better Future Pakistan opened its Norway Cup 2026 journey with a narrow 1-0 victory over Norwegian club Saudaku, giving the team an early boost in the group standings.

The Pakistani youngsters will now turn their attention to their third group match on Wednesday, where another strong performance could strengthen their hopes of progressing further in the competition.

Better Future Pakistan’s participation is particularly significant because the team is made up of young footballers from Lyari, Karachi, an area widely associated with Pakistan’s football culture. The players have the opportunity to showcase their talent on an international platform while competing against youth teams from different countries.

Last year, the Karachi side made headlines by completing an unbeaten campaign to win the Boys Under-15 event. Their latest performances in Norway suggest that the young players are again determined to make their mark.

The Norway Cup is organised under the National Council of Norwegian Children and Youth Organisations, an umbrella body representing more than 100 organisations working for the welfare of children and young people in Norway.

The tournament attracts boys’ and girls’ teams from around the world, with many participants travelling independently to compete at one of the world’s major youth football events.

For Better Future Pakistan, the competition is about more than results. Each match provides the young players with valuable experience against international opposition and offers a glimpse of the potential emerging from Karachi’s grassroots football scene.

With one win and one draw from their opening two group matches, the Pakistani youngsters have made a promising start. Now, all eyes will be on Wednesday’s crucial third group game to see whether Better Future Pakistan can continue its impressive Norway Cup adventure.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    Bilawal blames PML-N for PPP worker’s death in N…

    MUZAFFARABAD: Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari has blamed Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) supporters for the death of a PPP worker during clashes in Nikyal amid the ongoing Azad Jammu and Kashmir elections. In a statement, Bilawal expressed condolences to the family of the deceased worker, Mukhtar Younus. He alleged that Younus was killed in firing allegedly carried out by supporters of PML-N candidate Sardar Umair Naeem. Bilawal questioned the role of the relevant authorities and the Election Commission, asking where they were when tensions were reportedly escalating in the constituency. He said a video allegedly showing firing had surfaced two days before the incident. According to Bilawal, timely action on the footage could have prevented the loss of a valuable human life. Bilawal said Mukhtar Younus had been actively campaigning alongside PPP candidate Javed Iqbal Budhanvi. He alleged that political opponents had resorted to aggressive tactics after sensing the possibility of defeat. The PPP chairman called for accountability and urged the authorities to ensure the safety of voters and political workers during the election process. PPP Vice President Senator Sherry Rehman also strongly condemned the death of Mukhtar Younus and the reported injuries to two other party workers during polling in Nikyal. Rehman described the incident as deeply disturbing. She alleged that a climate of fear had been created in the constituency by the PML-N candidate and claimed that authorities had failed to take action despite alleged incidents of violence in recent days. She demanded that the Election Commission take immediate notice of the incident, arrest those responsible and conduct a transparent investigation. Rehman also called for strict legal action against anyone found responsible. She stressed that the electoral process must remain peaceful, transparent and impartial. The PPP leader said political differences must never be allowed to turn into violence. She called for equal and indiscriminate action against those involved in political violence. Rehman also demanded immediate re-polling at several polling stations in LA-8 Kotli-I, Raj Mahal, citing alleged irregularities. She alleged that a PPP polling agent was reportedly held hostage and said complaints had been received from polling stations 76, 77, 79 and 91 to 94. She urged authorities to deploy additional police and security personnel in view of the growing crowds and law-and-order concerns. Rehman called for an impartial investigation into all complaints and urged authorities to provide voters with a secure environment to exercise their right to vote freely. She warned that public confidence in the election results could not be restored without ensuring a transparent electoral process.

  • | |

    PPP resents Punjab’s development says Uzma Bukha…

      Lahore: Punjab Information Minister Uzma Bukhari has said that the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) is fully aware of why the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) harbors resentment toward Punjab, adding that the province’s rapid development has become difficult for its political opponents to accept. Responding to recent statements made by PPP spokespersons in Lahore, Bukhari said that the Punjab government is utilizing public funds for the welfare and development of the people of Punjab, which, according to her, is the real source of the PPP’s criticism. She remarked that the “Nawabs of Larkana” are unable to digest the fact that Punjab’s resources are being spent on improving the lives of its citizens. The Punjab information minister also addressed PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, urging him to refrain from promoting what she described as politics of hatred and division. She said that as the chairman of a major political party, Bilawal should be mindful of the responsibilities associated with his position and avoid making statements that could deepen political polarization. Bukhari questioned why PPP representatives from Sindh rarely highlight the performance of their own provincial government. Instead of criticizing Punjab, she suggested, they should focus on informing the public about the achievements and governance record of the Sindh administration, which has remained under PPP leadership for several years. Highlighting the performance of the Punjab government, Bukhari said that Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz has ensured that development projects and public resources are distributed across the province without discrimination. According to her, the government has extended development initiatives from Attock in northern Punjab to Rahim Yar Khan in the south, and from Rawalpindi to Vehari, ensuring that all regions benefit equally from provincial resources. She stated that the current administration is committed to improving public services, infrastructure, and the overall quality of life for people across Punjab. Bukhari added that those who are envious of Punjab’s progress and prosperity would continue to criticize, but such criticism would not hinder the government’s commitment to development.   Referring to the PPP’s political standing in Punjab, Bukhari claimed that the party currently ranks fourth in terms of public support in the province. She said this was not the fault of the PML-N but rather a reflection of the people’s confidence in the performance of the provincial government. According to her, Punjab’s residents continue to express satisfaction with the governance and development initiatives undertaken by the PML-N administration. In her remarks, Bukhari also referred to Karachi Mayor Murtaza Wahab, saying that when he visited Lahore to learn from the city’s governance and development model, the Punjab government welcomed him openly. She added that the same level of development, progress, and prosperity witnessed in Punjab should also be achieved in Sindh for the benefit of its people. The minister concluded by reaffirming that the Punjab government remains focused on serving the public through transparent governance and equitable development. She maintained that political criticism would not distract the administration from its objective of ensuring sustained progress and improving living standards throughout the province.

  • | |

    West Indies take first-innings lead 

      West Indies all-rounder Justin Greaves produced a sensational bowling performance, claiming five wickets for just 27 runs in 11 overs, to put his team in complete control after dismissing Pakistan for 282 in the first innings. His remarkable spell dismantled Pakistan’s lower order and ensured the hosts secured a 29-run first-innings lead, giving West Indies a significant advantage in the Test match. Greaves was well supported by the rest of the bowling attack. Veteran fast bowler Kemar Roach and pacer Shamar Joseph each picked up two wickets, while Jayden Seales contributed with one dismissal. Together, the West Indies bowlers maintained relentless pressure throughout Pakistan’s innings and prevented the visitors from posting a commanding total. Earlier in the day, Pakistan resumed their innings at 199 for 3, with captain Shan Masood and vice-captain Salman Ali Agha at the crease. The pair displayed patience and composure, frustrating the West Indies bowlers as they added 47 valuable runs for the fourth wicket. Their partnership helped Pakistan build a solid platform and raised hopes of a substantial first-innings total. Shan Masood continued his impressive form and reached a memorable century. The left-handed batter scored 109 runs from 184 deliveries, striking 12 boundaries during his well-crafted innings. It was the seventh Test century of his career and his first Test hundred against the West Indies. Masood’s innings was marked by discipline, determination, and excellent shot selection as he anchored Pakistan’s batting effort for most of the innings.   However, soon after Masood’s dismissal, Pakistan’s batting lineup suffered a dramatic collapse. Salman Ali Agha, who had provided useful support with 20 runs off 60 balls, was bowled by Shamar Joseph, triggering the downfall of the middle and lower order.   Justin Greaves then produced a devastating spell that completely changed the course of the innings. He first dismissed Aamir Jamal for 3 runs, followed by the wicket of debutant Ali Usman, who was out without scoring. Greaves then removed Mohammad Rizwan for 12 runs, leaving Pakistan in serious trouble. His disciplined line and length exposed the visitors’ lower-order weaknesses and prevented any meaningful recovery.   Pakistan eventually lost their remaining wickets in quick succession and were bowled out for 282. Despite Shan Masood’s excellent century, the visitors failed to capitalize on the strong start they had made earlier in the day, with the lower order unable to offer much resistance against the disciplined West Indies bowling attack. By securing a 29-run first-innings lead, West Indies gained an important psychological and tactical advantage in the match. The lead places the home side in a strong position as they prepare to bat in their second innings, while Pakistan will need an outstanding bowling performance to make a comeback. With momentum firmly on the hosts’ side, the contest has shifted in West Indies’ favor, setting up an intriguing battle in the remaining days of the Test match.

  • | |

    PTI backs new provinces with constitutional consen…

    PTI Chairman Gohar Ali Khan has voiced support for the creation of new provinces, saying administrative reforms are needed to improve governance, but stressed that any such move must be carried out strictly under the Constitution and with broad political consensus. Speaking during a television interview on Thursday, Gohar described the formation of new provinces as a national necessity. However, he emphasized that constitutional requirements must be fulfilled, including securing a two-thirds majority in the relevant provincial assemblies before any proposal could move forward. The PTI chairman also expressed skepticism about Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif completing his full five-year constitutional term, though he did not elaborate on the reasons behind his remarks. The debate over creating new provinces gained momentum after Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi recently argued that Pakistan’s governance system had become ineffective and required major structural reforms, including the establishment of additional administrative units. Naqvi later clarified that his comments reflected concerns about the country’s governance over several decades rather than criticism of the current government. The proposal has drawn mixed political reactions. Murad Ali Shah firmly rejected any suggestion of dividing Sindh, stating that the provincial assembly has repeatedly passed unanimous resolutions opposing such a move. He maintained that any change would require constitutional approval through a two-thirds majority in the concerned assembly. Meanwhile, Prime Minister’s Adviser Rana Sanaullah distanced the government from Naqvi’s remarks, describing them as the minister’s personal opinion. He said any discussion on creating new provinces should take place in parliament and follow the constitutional process. Sanaullah noted that establishing new provinces involves complex constitutional, financial and administrative considerations, including representation in parliament and resource distribution.

  • |

    Eight Palestinians killed in fresh Gaza strikes

    At least eight Palestinians were killed in fresh Israeli airstrikes across the Gaza Strip on Sunday, according to Gaza’s civil defence authorities, as violence continued despite renewed diplomatic efforts aimed at restoring a ceasefire. Officials said the latest strikes targeted several locations across the enclave, including Deir el-Balah, Khan Younis and Gaza City. Among the victims were a man and a woman who were killed when an Israeli helicopter struck a residential apartment in southern Deir el-Balah. Additional attacks claimed the lives of three people in Khan Younis and another person in Gaza City’s Old City. The latest escalation came just days after the United States unveiled a new roadmap intended to revive the stalled Gaza ceasefire agreement. The proposed plan reportedly includes steps toward Hamas’ disarmament and a phased Israeli military withdrawal from the territory. However, both sides remain divided over the conditions for implementing the proposal. Hamas has maintained that it will only place its weapons under supervision after Israeli military operations end and troops withdraw in accordance with the previously agreed ceasefire framework. Israeli officials, meanwhile, have insisted that any withdrawal depends on what they describe as the complete and genuine disarmament of Hamas. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has not publicly commented on the latest proposal, while some members of his coalition have rejected the initiative and called for continued military operations against Hamas. Diplomatic contacts are continuing in an effort to reduce tensions and revive negotiations. Former Palestinian official Mohammed Dahlan said discussions involving senior US representatives were ongoing and focused on securing an end to the fighting, although no breakthrough has yet been announced. Meanwhile, another Israeli strike reportedly destroyed a medical supply warehouse in central Gaza, causing extensive damage and raising further concerns over the humanitarian situation.

  • | |

    Jungkook returned Felix’s glasses after viral concert moment

    BTS member Jungkook has finally addressed one of the most talked-about moments from his surprise appearance at Stray Kids’ recent concert, revealing what happened after Felix’s glasses ended up in his hands during the show. The singer shared the story during a livestream, where he reflected on the viral incident that quickly spread across social media and sparked widespread curiosity among fans. Jungkook explained that he attended the concert specifically to support Stray Kids leader Bang Chan, whom he described as a longtime friend. His unexpected appearance at the show immediately drew attention from fans, and videos of his interactions with Bang Chan became some of the most shared clips from the event. The biggest talking point, however, was the moment when Stray Kids member Felix threw his glasses into the crowd and Jungkook somehow ended up holding them. Fans were left wondering whether the glasses had been intentionally thrown toward the BTS star or whether it was simply a coincidence. During the livestream, Jungkook admitted that he was just as surprised as everyone else. He said, “I was so shocked.” He then explained that a staff member standing next to him had actually caught the glasses first. “The staff member next to me got it first, and I was like, ‘How did it come towards me?’” he recalled. The BTS singer clarified that the glasses somehow ended up being passed into his hands, which led to the now-viral videos that circulated online shortly after the concert. His candid reaction amused fans, many of whom had already been joking about the unexpected crossover between BTS and Stray Kids. Jungkook also put an end to speculation about what happened to the glasses afterwards. He reassured fans that he returned them to Felix once the concert was over, saying he did not keep the item despite it becoming a highly sought-after viral moment. His explanation quickly delighted both BTS and Stray Kids fans, who flooded social media with reactions. Many praised Jungkook for his honesty and said the story made the incident even funnier, while others celebrated the friendly relationship between the two K-pop groups. The livestream has since generated millions of views, with clips of Jungkook recounting the story continuing to trend online. Fans were particularly charmed by how genuinely surprised he appeared while describing the moment, saying it showed his natural and unfiltered personality. Jungkook’s concert appearance has become one of the most memorable recent interactions between major K-pop stars, and his latest comments have finally answered the question that had been circulating online for days: Felix’s glasses were safely returned after the show, ending the mystery surrounding the viral souvenir moment.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *