pmln secures lead
|

PML-N secures lead in first phase of Azad Kashmir general elections

The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) has emerged as the leading party in the first phase of the Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) Legislative Assembly general elections, securing seven seats across 13 constituencies in the Mirpur Division. The Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) finished as the runner-up with three seats, while counting remains underway for the remaining constituencies, including LA-6 Bhimber, LA-10 Kotli, and LA-12.

In the declared unofficial results for the Mirpur district constituencies, PPP candidate Qasim Majeed won LA-2 Mirpur-II with 12,904 votes, defeating PML-N’s Azeem Bakhsh Chaudhry, who received 8,182 votes. PPP also claimed LA-3 Mirpur-III, where Chaudhry Yasir Sultan secured 11,676 votes against PML-N’s Chaudhry Muhammad Saeed with 9,832 votes. However, PML-N captured LA-1 Mirpur-I, with Azhar Sadiq securing 15,427 votes over PPP’s Muhammad Afsar Shahid with 9,832 votes, as well as LA-4 Mirpur-IV, where Rukhsar Ahmed won with 20,172 votes over PPP’s Chaudhry Sohaib Arshad with 13,865 votes.

In the Bhimber district, PML-N’s Waqar Ahmed Noor narrowly won LA-5 Bhimber-I with 29,875 votes against PPP’s Chaudhry Pervez Ashraf, who polled 29,143 votes. PML-N candidate Chaudhry Tariq Farooq secured LA-7 Bhimber-III with 35,490 votes, defeating independent candidate Chaudhry Anwarul Haq, who received 25,100 votes.

Across the Kotli district, PPP’s Zafar Iqbal Malik took LA-8 Kotli-I with 19,535 votes over PML-N’s Malik Muhammad Nawaz Khan with 11,966 votes. PML-N secured the remaining declared Kotli seats, with Umair Niazi winning LA-9 Kotli-II with 31,080 votes against PPP’s Javed Iqbal Budhanvi with 28,509 votes; Muhammad Asif taking LA-11 Kotli-IV with 26,190 votes over PPP’s Chaudhry Muhammad Akhlaq with 21,751 votes and Raja Ayaz Ahmed Khan winning LA-13 Kotli-VI with 21,856 votes, defeating Istehkam-e-Pakistan Party candidate Nisar Ansar Abdali, who received 15,859 votes. Polling throughout the division was reported as largely peaceful, with high voter turnout despite minor isolated disruptions.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    Alanna Panday announces second pregnancy with Ivor McCray

    Indian influencer and content creator Alanna Panday is expecting her second child with husband Ivor McCray. The 30-year-old shared the happy news with her followers on Instagram on Saturday, August 8. Alanna posted a video featuring herself, Ivor and their young son, River. The family was seen posing together in Sicily, Italy. In the video, Alanna proudly showed her growing baby bump. She wore a floral outfit and appeared to be enjoying the special family moment. She captioned the post, “One more to love,” marking the beginning of another chapter for the family. Ivor also celebrated the news in the comments. He wrote that River had been “upgraded to big bro.” The announcement quickly attracted attention from fans and celebrities. Many followers congratulated the couple and sent messages filled with love and good wishes. Aaliyah Kashyap, daughter of filmmaker Anurag Kashyap, also congratulated the couple. Some fans began guessing the baby’s gender. One follower said they believed the couple would welcome a girl this time. Others recalled Alanna’s first pregnancy and said they were happy to follow the family’s journey again. Alanna Panday is known for her work as a social media influencer, model and digital content creator. She regularly shares content related to fashion, beauty, travel and lifestyle. She is the daughter of businessman Chikki Panday and wellness expert Deanne Panday. She is also the sister of actor Ahaan Panday. Alanna is the niece of actor Chunky Panday and the cousin of actress Ananya Panday. She married photographer and filmmaker Ivor McCray in March 2023. The couple had been in a relationship for several years before getting married. The couple welcomed their first child, a son named River, in 2024. With their second baby on the way, Alanna and Ivor are preparing to expand their family once again. The pregnancy announcement has been warmly received by their online followers and celebrity friends.

  • |

    Babar, Shaheen climb in latest ICC ODI rankings

    Several Pakistan cricketers have improved their positions in the latest ICC Men’s ODI Player Rankings, with former captain Babar Azam and fast bowler Shaheen Shah Afridi making notable gains following recent international matches. Babar Azam climbed one place in the ODI batting rankings and is now sixth with 689 rating points. The experienced batter continues to be Pakistan’s highest-ranked player among ODI batters and remains among the world’s leading performers in the format. Pakistan’s ODI captain Salman Ali Agha also registered progress in the latest rankings. He moved up two places to 16th after consistent performances, taking his rating to 630 points and strengthening his position among the world’s top batters. Former captain and wicketkeeper Mohammad Rizwan retained his 31st position with 560 rating points, while opening batter Fakhar Zaman slipped one place to 37th. Young opener Saim Ayub remained unchanged in 44th position. New Zealand batter Daryl Mitchell continues to lead the ICC ODI batting rankings. India captain Shubman Gill occupies second place, while veteran batter Virat Kohli remains third. In the bowling rankings, Pakistan left-arm fast bowler Shaheen Shah Afridi climbed two places to seventh with 604 rating points after his recent performances. Fast bowler Haris Rauf also improved his standing, moving up two positions to 20th with 556 points. On the other hand, pacer Naseem Shah dropped two places and is now ranked 49th with 477 points. Mohammad Wasim Jr gained one position to move up to 70th, while spinner Mohammad Nawaz retained his place in the rankings. Afghanistan spinner Rashid Khan continues to hold the number one position in the ICC ODI bowling rankings. Pakistan spinner Abrar Ahmed remains second, maintaining pressure on the Afghan star. England fast bowler Jofra Archer moved into third place after improving his ranking.

  • |

    Oil prices rise further in the global market after US attacks on Iran

    Global crude oil prices have surged following a new wave of US military strikes on Iran and reported attacks on oil tankers in the Red Sea by Yemen’s Houthi forces. Brent crude futures climbed 1.93 dollars, or 2 per cent, to reach 96 dollars per barrel, marking its highest level since 8 June. This follows a previous trading session where Brent closed up by more than 3 dollars at 94.07 dollars per barrel. Concurrently, US West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude rose by 1.44 dollars, or 1.7 per cent, to trade at 88.27 dollars per barrel, extending gains after a nearly 3 per cent increase on Wednesday.

  • |

    FPCCI seeks industry consultation before revision of incremental power package

    ISLAMABAD: The Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FPCCI) has called on the National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (Nepra) to consult industry representatives before making any changes to the Incremental Package for industrial electricity consumers. The business community has warned that revising the package without taking major industrial stakeholders into confidence could create market distortions, undermine the intended benefits of the scheme and potentially transfer additional costs to industries that do not qualify for incremental consumption incentives. In post-hearing comments submitted to Nepra on August 12, 2026, FPCCI said the regulator had already directed that the proposed changes to the Incremental Package should first be presented to and discussed with industry representatives before being brought back for approval. The federation welcomed the direction, describing meaningful stakeholder participation as essential for developing a workable electricity pricing mechanism for industrial consumers. FPCCI highlights delayed review FPCCI also raised concerns over the failure to conduct the package’s scheduled quarterly review. According to the federation, the Incremental Package was specifically designed to undergo a review every three months. However, no review had been conducted for approximately eight months. The federation said the prolonged delay had created uncertainty for industrial consumers and prevented the timely identification and correction of issues within the package. FPCCI urged Nepra to immediately carry out the overdue review and ensure that the quarterly review mechanism is followed consistently in the future. The federation argued that regular reviews were particularly important because industrial electricity consumption, production conditions and operating costs can change significantly over time. Major industry bodies seek participation FPCCI requested Nepra to formally engage leading industry organisations before the next hearing on the proposed revision. The organisations named by the federation include the Karachi Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KCCI), Korangi Association of Trade and Industry (KATI), All Pakistan Textile Mills Association (APTMA), as well as other major chambers and industrial associations. FPCCI said the participation of these organisations would allow the regulator to understand the practical challenges faced by different categories of industrial consumers. It stressed that the revised package should be based on actual industrial requirements and should not discriminate against existing consumers who are unable to qualify as incremental users. Warning against cost shifting The federation expressed concern that changes to the package could result in an unintended transfer of costs to non-incremental industrial units. FPCCI said any revised mechanism should ensure that incentives provided to additional electricity consumption do not create a financial burden for other consumers. It also called for clear safeguards to ensure that only genuine incremental electricity consumers receive the benefits of the package. According to the federation, the regulator should introduce mechanisms capable of preventing existing consumption from being presented as new or incremental demand merely to obtain preferential electricity rates. FPCCI maintained that a transparent verification system would be necessary to protect the integrity of the package and prevent potential misuse. Requests submitted to Nepra In its submission, FPCCI made a series of requests to the power regulator. The federation asked Nepra to formally consult FPCCI, KCCI, KATI, APTMA and other major industry bodies before the next hearing. It also requested the authority to provide sufficient advance notice of the date and time of any consultation, along with an online meeting link, so that FPCCI could coordinate participation by relevant chambers, associations and industrial representatives. The federation further sought a formal opportunity to present detailed recommendations on the proposed redesign of the Incremental Package. It called for safeguards restricting benefits to genuine incremental units and urged Nepra to immediately conduct the quarterly review that has remained pending for the past eight months. FPCCI also proposed making consultation with major industrial chambers and associations mandatory before any future revision or review of the Incremental Package or similar electricity pricing schemes. Invitation to power-sector institutions In a further effort to promote direct dialogue, FPCCI invited Nepra, the Power Planning and Monitoring Company (PPMC) and the Central Power Purchasing Agency-Guaranteed (CPPA-G) to visit its head office in Karachi. The federation proposed holding detailed discussions with the relevant institutions in the presence of industry representatives. FPCCI said direct engagement would provide an opportunity for all stakeholders to examine the existing mechanism, identify practical shortcomings and develop solutions based on actual operating conditions in the industrial sector. It maintained that consultation could help bridge the gap between regulatory objectives and the realities faced by industrial consumers. Industry seeks predictable power policy The dispute over the Incremental Package comes amid continued concerns among industrial consumers over electricity costs, competitiveness and the predictability of power-sector policies. For export-oriented and energy-intensive industries, electricity pricing is a major component of production costs. Business representatives have therefore repeatedly called for stable and transparent tariff mechanisms that allow companies to plan production and investment decisions. FPCCI said any changes to the Incremental Package should balance the objective of increasing electricity consumption with the need to maintain fairness among different categories of industrial consumers. The federation believes that a properly designed package, supported by regular reviews and meaningful industry consultation, could encourage additional industrial electricity consumption without imposing unintended costs on existing consumers.

  • | |

    Paris Jackson reveals what Michael Jackson was rea…

    Paris Jackson is giving fans a rare look at the private relationship she shared with her late father, Michael Jackson. During a recent appearance on Alex Cooper’s Call Her Daddy podcast, the singer and actress opened up about growing up as the daughter of one of the most famous entertainers in the world. While much of her childhood was surrounded by intense public attention, Paris said her experience with her father was far more personal and ordinary behind closed doors. (Page Six⁠) Paris described Michael as a “funny guy” and recalled having a particularly close bond with him. She has also previously called her father her “best friend,” emphasizing that their relationship was deeply personal rather than simply a connection between a famous musician and his daughter. (E! Online⁠) Her comments offer a different perspective on the man the world knew as the King of Pop. For Paris, Michael was first and foremost her dad. Growing up, however, came with unusual rules. Paris and her brothers, Prince and Bigi, were raised with a strong emphasis on education, chores and discipline. Fun activities were often treated as rewards after they completed their responsibilities. Despite living at Neverland Ranch, Paris said the famous amusement attractions were not simply there for her and her siblings to enjoy whenever they wanted. (Page Six⁠) The family also took unusual measures to protect the children’s privacy. Paris and her brothers sometimes wore masks when they went out in public with their father. She explained that the masks allowed them to experience everyday activities without being immediately recognized as Michael Jackson’s children. (Page Six⁠) That secrecy was important because Paris did not initially understand just how enormous her father’s fame was. As a child, the world she knew was centered around her family, making Michael’s superstar status seem normal. Michael died in June 2009 when Paris was only 11. His death dramatically changed her life, and she has spoken openly about how difficult the years afterward became. Still, she has continued to protect the private memories she shares with her father. Earlier this year, Paris explained that she no longer feels obligated to publicly discuss her relationship with Michael or post tributes for the world to see. She said their bond is personal and does not belong to anyone else. (E! Online⁠) Her latest revelations reinforce that message. Behind the headlines, enormous fame and public scrutiny, Paris remembers Michael simply as her father — a funny man, a strict parent and, most importantly, her best friend.

  • | |

    TikToker arrested in Abdullah Tahir murder case

    Police have arrested a female TikToker in connection with the murder case of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader Abdullah Tahir. According to police, the suspect allegedly honey-trapped the driver of the slain political leader. She was arrested from Sialkot during an investigation into the case. Police sources said the woman is a resident of Faisalabad. She had allegedly gone into hiding after the murder. Investigators had been searching for her as they traced the people linked to the incident. Officials said the suspected honey-trap is an important part of the investigation. The driver of Abdullah Tahir was allegedly targeted through the woman before the murder. Investigators are also looking into the alleged use of a drone camera in the case. Police are trying to determine who operated the drone and how it may have been used during the planning or execution of the crime. Abdullah Tahir was shot dead in the Ghalib Market area a few days ago. The killing triggered an investigation into the circumstances surrounding his death. Police are now questioning the arrested TikToker and examining her alleged links with other suspects. Investigators are also working to establish the motive behind the killing. Authorities are expected to gather further evidence as the investigation continues. Police are also looking into the role of other individuals who may have been involved in the alleged honey-trap operation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *