pti file contempt
| | |

PTI to file contempt plea over Imran Khan hospital…

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has announced that it will approach the Supreme Court over what it describes as the government’s failure to implement its order regarding Imran Khan’s transfer to Shifa International Hospital.

PTI Secretary General Salman Akram Raja said the party would file a contempt petition on Saturday. He alleged that the authorities did not comply with the court’s directions and failed to constitute the medical board ordered by the Supreme Court.

The development follows the government’s decision to take Imran Khan to the Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) for a medical examination instead of Shifa International Hospital.

Information Minister Attaullah Tarar said Imran was taken to PIMS during the night between August 20 and 21 because of security concerns around Shifa Hospital. According to Tarar, doctors from Shifa were present during the examination, while a team comprising specialists examined Imran and declared him medically fit.

He said Imran was later taken back to Adiala jail at around 5am.

Raja rejected the government’s explanation, saying there was no unusual rush on the roads leading to Shifa. He also claimed that Imran’s personal physician, Dr Faisal Sultan, was taken to the hospital in a police-escorted vehicle.

The PTI leader said the party’s political and parliamentary committees were meeting to determine its next course of action. He also reiterated that PTI had already announced plans for street protests over the issue.

PTI Chairman Barrister Gohar Khan separately criticised the government’s handling of the matter. He questioned how political negotiations could continue when, according to him, a clear Supreme Court order had not been implemented.

Gohar said the party had been assured that the court’s directions would be followed. He argued that the order clearly required Imran to be shifted to a hospital for treatment and undergo medical tests.

He also questioned why the PTI leadership and Imran’s family were not properly informed about the transfer and medical examination.

“You do not shake hands like this. Negotiations do not happen like this,” Gohar said while responding to the government’s offer for political dialogue.

Speaking in the National Assembly, he warned that PTI could reconsider its participation in Parliament. He said the party would decide within a few days whether it would continue attending the assembly.

Opposition leader Mahmood Khan Achakzai also raised questions over the overnight transfer. He said people had expected Imran to be taken to Shifa after the Supreme Court order, but later learned that he had been taken to another hospital.

Achakzai expressed concern that elements within the government could be attempting to damage prospects for political dialogue between PTI and the government.

The controversy stems from a Supreme Court order issued earlier this week directing that Imran Khan be shifted to Shifa International Hospital for treatment for several days. The court also ordered weekly meetings between Imran and his family and allowed access to his personal physician.

The court directed that a medical board comprising an ophthalmologist, general physician and cardiologist be formed, with Dr Faisal Sultan and Imran’s sister, Dr Uzma Khan, associated with the process.

The Supreme Court also ordered that Imran’s medical reports remain confidential and should not be used for political purposes. It instructed PTI supporters and lawyers not to hold political activities or press conferences outside the hospital.

Similar Posts

  • Recent Poll Reveals Most Thais Support Death Penalty for Severe Crimes

    BANGKOK – A recent public opinion poll shows that a large majority of Thai citizens strongly support the death penalty. People firmly believe capital punishment is necessary to stop violent crime across the entire country. Furthermore, the survey highlights a massive demand for strict justice and safer local communities. Researchers at North Bangkok University officially […]

  • |

    Kanye West calls Yeezy ‘the Apple of clothing’ after sellout

    Kanye West is once again making bold claims about his fashion brand. The rapper and designer recently took to X to declare that no other fashion label can match Yeezy’s cultural pull. He claimed that regardless of how large a fashion brand becomes, none can draw a crowd of 120,000 people in a single night the way Yeezy can. The comment quickly drew attention online. West’s statement came as he celebrated a major milestone for the brand, tied to the launch of its new YS-01 slides. The product, released in multiple colourways, reportedly sold out almost immediately after going live. Riding that momentum, West doubled down on his claims about Yeezy’s broader cultural influence. He described the brand as essentially the Apple of the clothing world. This is not the first time West has drawn that particular comparison. Back in 2020, during an interview with The Wall Street Journal, he made a similar point about his ambitions for the label. At the time, he explained that creating something akin to Apple in the fashion space, or the next Gap, would require an entirely new kind of invention. He said the goal was to build something so effective it eventually becomes invisible, simply accepted as the norm rather than credited as an innovation. West’s latest comments reflect that same long-standing vision, tying the brand’s current commercial momentum back to the broader ambition he has spoken about for years. Whether or not Yeezy can sustain that level of cultural dominance long-term remains to be seen, but for now, the rapid sellout of its latest product appears to support at least part of his claim. With Yeezy continuing to generate buzz around each new release, West shows no signs of dialing back his confidence in the brand’s staying power.

  • | |

    Cross border strikes kill at least fourteen as Ukr…

    At least seven people died in Russia following what officials described as Ukraine’s largest scale attack of the year, while separate Russian strikes on Ukraine killed at least seven more people and injured over 39 others. Ukraine launched roughly 822 drones in the assault, with 600 of them targeting Moscow, according to the region’s governor, who called it one of the most massive drone attacks the Russian capital has faced in recent memory. The strikes hit a warehouse belonging to online retailer Wildberries among other targets. In Russia’s southwestern Rostov region, five people died following overnight strikes, the regional governor said. In Belgorod, which borders Ukraine, officials said a woman died after a civilian bus was hit, while Moscow region governor Andrey Vorobyov reported that an 83 year old man died in a separate drone attack. Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin said a Wildberries warehouse in Koledino, about 25 kilometers, or 15.5 miles, from central Moscow, was struck and left three people injured, with video footage showing fire and heavy smoke rising above the facility. Wildberries, often compared to Amazon, has faced repeated attacks since July, when Kyiv said it was deliberately targeting logistics hubs Russians use to acquire military equipment as part of a broader effort to disrupt supply lines feeding the Russian army. In Ukraine, officials said a 66 year old man and a 64 year old woman died after a guided aerial bomb struck a private home in the Zaporizhzhia region. Two additional deaths were reported in Kryvyi Rih, a city in the Dnipropetrovsk region, while officials in Sumy, Donetsk and Kherson each reported one fatality, including a 51 year old killed in a drone strike in Sumy. Air raid sirens sounded four times overnight in Kyiv as Russian forces struck the capital. Mayor Vitali Klitschko said at least six people, including a child, were injured in the attacks. Russian officials said their strikes on Kyiv Saturday night targeted a FirePoint facility that produces components for Ukraine’s Flamingo missiles, along with a factory manufacturing drone parts. The strikes also damaged a book market in the city’s Pochayna district, leaving charred books scattered across the ground as firefighters worked to extinguish the remaining flames. Valentina, 69, whose husband ran a stall at the market, described searching through the debris and recognizing books that had belonged to his stall lying scattered on the ground. She said she never imagined something like this would happen to her family. Luba, 42, who owns a vinyl record store nearby, said she lost stock worth roughly 500,000 hryvnias, or about £8,262, in the strikes. She called the shop her life’s work and said many of the destroyed records were rare and could not be replaced. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said 13 regions across the country came under attack this week, with Russia launching more than 1,550 attack drones, nearly 1,560 guided aerial bombs and 62 missiles during that period. He said Russian forces strike civilian infrastructure wherever their ballistic missiles can reach. Russia launched its full scale invasion of Ukraine in February 2022 and currently controls roughly a fifth of Ukrainian territory. With neither side making significant progress along the lengthy front line in recent months, the war has increasingly shifted toward an aerial contest, with both countries trading missile and drone strikes aimed at degrading the other’s capacity to keep fighting.

  • |

    Sebastian Stan and Annabelle Wallis welcome first baby together

    Sebastian Stan and Annabelle Wallis have officially become parents, marking a joyful new chapter in their relationship after nearly four years together. The couple reportedly welcomed their first child last month. While the new parents have chosen to keep the arrival private, they have not revealed the baby’s name, gender, or any additional details. Earlier this year, the pair confirmed they were expecting their first child when they were photographed during a stroll in New York City. Annabelle Wallis proudly showed off her baby bump in a relaxed outfit featuring a loose-fitting dress layered with a brown jacket and accessorized with a cheetah-print handbag. Stan opted for a casual look with brown trousers, a white shirt, and a denim jacket. Although the couple have largely kept their personal life away from the spotlight, Sebastian Stan recently opened up about his thoughts on fatherhood while promoting his upcoming film Fjord, directed by Cristian Mungiu. The film follows a man who is forced to examine his worth both as a father and as a person, a storyline that resonated deeply with the actor as he prepared to welcome his own child. Reflecting on the life-changing experience, Stan shared that becoming a father has made him think more seriously about the kind of parent and person he wants to be. He said his biggest goal is to be a good father, adding that he feels a growing sense of responsibility. The 43-year-old actor explained that despite his age and career success, he still believes he is learning and growing as a person. He also revealed that he enjoys reading different perspectives and experiences to better understand the world around him. Stan and Wallis first sparked dating rumours in May 2022 after they were seen together at Robert Pattinson’s birthday celebration. Over time, the couple gradually made more public appearances, confirming their romance without making many public comments about their relationship. In February 2024, Wallis accompanied Stan to the Berlin International Film Festival for the premiere of A Different Man. A few months later, the pair walked the red carpet together at the Cannes Film Festival for the premiere of Stan’s film The Apprentice, in which he portrays Donald Trump. Professionally, Stan continues to stay busy with several high-profile projects. Marvel fans are eagerly awaiting his return as Bucky Barnes, also known as the Winter Soldier, in Avengers: Doomsday. The highly anticipated superhero film is scheduled to arrive in theatres on December 18, while the actor now also begins an exciting new role in his personal life as a first-time father.

  • | |

    ‘Fear and censorship cannot silence the public?…

    Lawyer and social activist Jibran Nasir has criticised the country’s political and economic situation, alleging that pressure, censorship and coercive measures have failed to change public opinion about PTI founder Imran Khan. Speaking to anchorperson Ameer Abbas, Nasir said authorities had been unable to alter public sentiment toward Imran Khan despite what he described as years of pressure and attempts to control political discourse. He argued that if public opinion had genuinely changed, millions of people would not have voted for Imran Khan and his political movement in the February 8 general elections. Nasir questioned how the authorities could claim to change broader public thinking about the economy, Constitution and rule of law when they had not been able to change people’s views about a single political leader. He also criticised what he described as restrictions on political expression and media freedom. Nasir alleged that force, state pressure, censorship and arrests were being used to control political developments. According to Nasir, suppressing criticism does not resolve underlying public grievances. He said people who speak about alleged injustices are sometimes portrayed as creating unrest rather than being allowed to raise their concerns. He warned that continued reliance on pressure could increase frustration among citizens instead of resolving political differences. Nasir further claimed that people were now more aware of political developments and could not easily be persuaded through fear or restrictions. He said arrests, cases and harsh measures had not succeeded in changing the position of a significant section of the public. The lawyer maintained that political issues could not be permanently controlled through force. He called for greater space for political expression and a process through which public grievances could be addressed. His comments come amid continued political tensions between the government and PTI. The party has repeatedly raised concerns over the treatment of its leadership, legal cases against its members and restrictions on political activities.

  • |

    Megan Moroney breaks down in tears, cancels Denver concert

    American country singer Megan Moroney was forced to end her concert early after becoming unwell during a live performance in Denver, leaving fans concerned as she walked off the stage in tears. The 28-year-old singer had been performing on Tuesday night when she suddenly began feeling ill. Despite attempting to continue with the show, Moroney was unable to complete her set and exited the stage after performing only two songs. Concert organizers later announced that the remainder of the performance had been canceled due to the singer’s health condition. Addressing fans after the incident, Moroney described the decision as one of the most difficult moments of her career. She explained that she had hoped to recover in time for the performance and believed she would be able to make it through the concert. “This was one of the hardest decisions I’ve ever had to make,” she said. “I was much sicker than I realized. I honestly thought I’d feel better by showtime, but after two songs, I knew I couldn’t continue.” She expressed disappointment over having to leave the stage early, saying she never wants to let her fans down but had no choice because of her physical condition. Following her departure, organizers informed the audience that the show would not continue. In an official statement, the event management said Moroney was unable to carry on with the performance because of illness and that ending the concert was necessary for her well-being. The announcement was met with understanding from many fans, who applauded the singer for prioritizing her health despite the disappointment of the canceled event. Social media quickly filled with messages wishing Moroney a speedy recovery, with supporters encouraging her to take the time she needs before returning to the stage. Many concertgoers who attended the Denver show shared videos and photos from the brief performance, describing the emotional atmosphere inside the venue as the singer struggled to continue. Several fans said they noticed something was wrong before the official announcement was made, while others praised Moroney for attempting to perform despite feeling unwell. Although the concert ended much earlier than planned, attendees largely responded with sympathy, acknowledging that artists also face unexpected health challenges. Some fans said they hoped the performance could eventually be rescheduled once Moroney has fully recovered. At the time of the announcement, no further details about the nature of Moroney’s illness were disclosed. It also remains unclear whether her upcoming performances will be affected. Moroney has built a strong following in recent years through her country music releases and energetic live shows. Her emotional message following the canceled concert highlighted her commitment to her audience while emphasizing that continuing the performance was simply not possible due to her condition. Fans are now awaiting further updates on her recovery and any changes to her touring schedule.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *