sindh police finally
| |

Sindh police finally question doctor over Mir Raza…

Sindh police have finally questioned Dr Usama, the medico-legal officer who conducted the first post-mortem examination of Karachi businessman Mir Raza, nearly 25 days after the initial report was prepared.

Dr Usama had classified Mir Raza’s death as suicide in his original post-mortem report. The report later came under serious scrutiny after several alleged discrepancies were highlighted by Police Surgeon Dr Samia Syed.

Police initially defended the medico-legal officer’s findings. However, Dr Usama was later removed from his position following concerns over major errors in the post-mortem examination.

Police have now formally included him in the investigation and questioned him for around five hours.

The case concerns the death of young Karachi businessman Mir Raza Ali Khan, who went missing from the PECHS area on July 28. He reportedly left his home at around 4:09am in an online taxi.

His body was recovered from Gulistan-e-Johar two days later.

According to police officials, the body was found in a severely damaged condition. Mir Raza had suffered a gunshot wound to the chest. His social media accounts were also reportedly deactivated one day before his body was found.

Mir Raza’s father had said that his son was scheduled to get married on August 30 at Bait-ul-Mukarram Mosque in Gulshan-e-Iqbal. He said Mir Raza had been excited about beginning a new chapter in his life.

Questions were raised over the initial post-mortem report after several discrepancies were highlighted during a television programme on August 4.

Police Surgeon Dr Samia Syed and Mir Raza’s father both expressed dissatisfaction with the initial findings and called attention to issues surrounding the examination.

Following a court order, Mir Raza’s grave was exhumed on August 8 for a second post-mortem examination. His body was reburied later the same day.

The initial post-mortem findings reportedly stated that the bullet had entered from the back. The examination also documented signs of physical injuries and trauma.

According to the report, Mir Raza had fractured ribs and multiple injuries to his head and face. Dark marks were also reportedly found on different parts of his body.

The report further mentioned injuries to his feet and blood staining in tissues in the lower part of the body.

A fracture and injury measuring around 12 centimetres were reportedly found on his right thigh.

The initial examination also identified a deep injury and fracture around the jaw, along with injuries to the nasal bone and several areas of the face.

The developments have intensified questions surrounding the circumstances of Mir Raza’s death and the accuracy of the first post-mortem report.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    Ronaldo, Georgina spark fresh wedding rumours

    Cristiano Ronaldo and his fiancée Georgina Rodríguez have reignited speculation about their wedding after the couple were spotted wearing matching diamond rings during a summer getaway in Mallorca, Spain. The appearance quickly fuelled rumours that the football icon and his longtime partner may finally be preparing to tie the knot. Photographs published on Friday showed Ronaldo and Rodríguez boarding a luxury yacht with friends while enjoying their holiday in Mallorca. According to The Sun, the Portuguese superstar was seen wearing a large diamond ring on the ring finger of his left hand, a finger traditionally associated with wedding and engagement bands. Rodríguez was also photographed wearing the engagement ring Ronaldo gave her after proposing last year. The sight of both partners wearing diamond rings on their ring fingers immediately sparked fresh speculation that a wedding could be approaching. The rumours gained further momentum after an unverified notice circulated online claiming the couple planned to marry on Saturday at Quinta da Regaleira, a historic estate in Portugal. However, the claims were never officially confirmed and were later dismissed. Sources close to the couple denied the reports, pointing out that Quinta da Regaleira remained open to the public on the alleged wedding date and was scheduled to host an evening musical performance, making a private ceremony highly unlikely. Fans nevertheless continued to speculate on social media. One user on X wrote: “They have been wearing matching luxury rings for years, but hopefully this means the actual date is finally set.” Another commented: “If he still failed his promise he said, ‘the next day after the World Cup, he will propose to her with the WC trophy.’” Although neither Ronaldo nor Rodríguez has publicly commented on the latest rumours, the couple have repeatedly spoken about their commitment to one another. They have been together since 2016 and share a family with their children, while Rodríguez also helps raise Ronaldo’s older children. Ronaldo has previously addressed the topic of marriage, explaining that he intends to marry Rodríguez when the time feels right. Speaking about his future plans, he said: “I’m going to marry her because I believe it’s the right time. Not just because she’s the mother of my children, but because she’s the person I love most.” The heartfelt statement has frequently been cited by fans whenever speculation about the couple’s wedding resurfaces. For now, there has been no official confirmation that wedding plans are underway. Despite the excitement generated by the matching diamond rings, reports of an imminent ceremony remain unverified. Still, the latest photographs have once again captured the imagination of fans, many of whom hope the football superstar and his longtime partner will soon make their relationship official after years together. 

  • |

    Justin Greaves’ unbeaten fifty lifts West Indies to 239-5 against Pakistan

    PORT OF SPAIN: Justin Greaves produced a composed unbeaten half-century to guide the West Indies to 239-5 at stumps on the opening day of the second Test against Pakistan, putting the hosts in a strong position after rain and fading light curtailed play. Greaves remained unbeaten on 64, while experienced all-rounder Roston Chase was solid on 36 not out, with the pair steering the Caribbean side through the closing stages after Pakistan struck at regular intervals. Earlier, Brandon King laid the foundation for the innings with an impressive 46, helping the West Indies recover from early setbacks before narrowly missing out on a well-deserved half-century. Pakistan’s bowlers worked hard on a surface that offered occasional assistance but struggled to build sustained pressure as partnerships frustrated the visitors throughout the day. Fast bowler Mohammad Ali emerged as Pakistan’s most successful bowler, claiming two wickets with disciplined line and length. Ubaid Shah, Ali Usman, and veteran spinner Sajid Khan picked up one wicket each, ensuring Pakistan stayed in the contest despite West Indies’ steady progress. The opening day’s play was interrupted by rain and poor light, limiting action to just 74 overs instead of a full day’s schedule. The frequent stoppages disrupted the rhythm of both teams and prevented Pakistan from fully capitalising whenever they gained momentum. With five wickets still in hand, the West Indies will look to extend their first-innings total beyond 350 when play resumes on Tuesday. Greaves and Chase will be aiming to convert their unbeaten partnership into a match-defining stand. Pakistan, meanwhile, will target an early breakthrough on the second morning to expose the lower order and prevent the hosts from taking complete control of the contest. The second day’s opening session is expected to play a crucial role in shaping the direction of the Test, with both teams aware that a strong first-innings performance could prove decisive in the battle for series momentum.

  • |

    Romania expands brown bear cull as critics highlight enforcement gaps

    Romania’s parliament has voted to double the annual hunting quota for brown bears to nearly 900 animals in an effort to manage Europe’s largest population outside Russia, which is estimated at between 10,000 and 13,000. The legislation aims to curb an increasing frequency of human-bear encounters driven by urban sprawl, habitat fragmentation, and climate change. Human deaths caused by bear attacks in Romania have reached nearly 30 over the past two decades, with animals regularly entering mountain towns to scavenge for food. Conservationists and wildlife experts argue the expanded culling quota will fail to solve urban encroachment because trophy hunters target large animals deep within forests. Critics maintain that existing safety measures, including fines for tourists feeding wildlife, subsidised electric fencing, and proper municipal waste management, are not being sufficiently enforced. In addition to state-sanctioned culls, local municipal authorities retain legal powers granted in 2021 to shoot individual bears that intrude directly into private residential properties.

  • LESCO fails to give relief as power fluctuations hit major areas

    LAHORE: The Lahore Electric Supply Company (LESCO) has so far failed to bring any visible relief as frequent and increasingly severe power fluctuations have hit several areas of the provincial capital, leaving residents and commercial consumers complaining of damage to refrigerators, washing machines, air-conditioners, energy savers and other electrical appliances. The problem has reportedly become a growing concern in several localities, including Shah Jamal, Shadman, Mozang, Band Road, Mall Road, Gawalmandi and Krishan Nagar, where residents and shopkeepers say sudden voltage fluctuations and unstable power supply have become a routine problem. Consumers complain that fluctuations occur repeatedly, sometimes several times a day, putting expensive electrical and electronic equipment at risk. They say that while power supply interruptions are already a major inconvenience, sudden variations in voltage are causing additional financial losses to households, businesses and small shopkeepers. Shopkeepers at Shadman Market expressed serious concern over the situation, saying commercial consumers were particularly vulnerable because their businesses depend on refrigerators, air-conditioners, washing machines, energy savers and other electrical equipment. Zeeshan and Khaqan Hussain said repeated fluctuations had become a source of anxiety for traders, who fear that costly appliances may be damaged without warning. Similar complaints have emerged from Shah Jamal, where residents and traders have also raised concerns over unstable voltage. Fida Chishti and Ahsan Qadri said consumers were already struggling with rising electricity costs and could not afford additional expenses on repairing or replacing appliances allegedly damaged by fluctuations. Residents in other parts of Lahore, including Mozang, Band Road, Mall Road, Gawalmandi and Krishan Nagar, have also complained about the worsening power situation. They said the issue appeared to be affecting a wider area of the city and required immediate attention from the power utility. Consumers said the problem was particularly serious during periods of high electricity demand and extreme weather, when fluctuations and interruptions could become more frequent. They urged LESCO to inspect the affected feeders, transformers and distribution network to determine the causes of unstable voltage and take corrective measures. The Daily Minute Mirror office has also reportedly faced appliance-related problems amid repeated power fluctuations. According to staff, incidents involving electrical equipment have occurred several times, raising concerns about the impact of unstable voltage on office operations and costly appliances. Residents and traders said they had repeatedly submitted complaints to LESCO offices regarding power fluctuations but claimed that no significant improvement had been witnessed. They said the continued problem had created frustration among consumers, who wanted the power utility to take practical measures instead of merely registering complaints. The consumers demanded that LESCO conduct a technical assessment of areas facing frequent fluctuations and check the condition of transformers, feeders and other components of the distribution system. They also called for an effective complaint mechanism through which consumers could promptly report voltage-related problems. The Daily Minute Mirror contacted relevant LESCO offices to seek their response regarding the complaints, the reported appliance damage and the measures being taken to control power fluctuations, but no response was received until the filing of this report. Consumers have appealed to LESCO authorities to take immediate notice of the situation and ensure a stable and reliable power supply across Lahore, saying that continued fluctuations were not only disrupting daily life but also placing an additional financial burden on households, businesses and commercial consumers.

  • Thai Marine Injured by Landmine During Border Clearance in Trat

    BANGKOK – A Thai Marine engineering specialist was wounded on Sunday morning after stepping on a landmine while conducting clearance operations along the border in Trat province. The incident occurred in the Ban Nong Ree area of Muang district, a zone recently retaken by Thai forces following intense clashes with Cambodian troops. Thai Navy Uncovers […]

  • | |

    Pakistan faces 400+ cyberattacks this year

    Pakistan has faced more than 400 cyberattacks during the current year, with authorities successfully stopping all reported attacks in time, according to the Director General of the National Cyber Emergency Response Team, Dr Haider Abbas. Dr Abbas said the growing number of cyber threats showed the need for stronger national cybersecurity measures. He called for the establishment of a powerful National Cyber Security Authority to coordinate cybersecurity efforts across the country. Speaking in an interview, he said Pakistan was facing increasingly complex cyber threats. He also warned about the risks posed by cyberattacks allegedly backed by state actors. According to Dr Abbas, Pakistan needs a central institution with sufficient authority to deal with the growing cybersecurity challenges. He proposed placing the National Cyber Security Authority under the prime minister. He said a national authority working under the prime minister could respond more effectively to major cyber threats. It could also improve coordination between government institutions and other organisations responsible for digital security. The official stressed that cybersecurity had become an important national issue. The increasing dependence on digital systems has also increased the potential risks to government institutions, businesses and other critical sectors. More than 400 attacks reported this year highlight the scale of the challenge facing Pakistan. Although the attacks were reportedly prevented, officials believe the country needs stronger systems to detect and respond to future threats. Dr Abbas said the proposed authority should oversee cybersecurity across the country. It should also ensure that different institutions follow effective security measures and remain prepared for emerging digital threats. A central cybersecurity body could help improve coordination during cyber emergencies. It could also allow authorities to respond quickly when sensitive digital systems come under attack. The official’s proposal comes as cyber threats continue to become more sophisticated worldwide. Governments are increasingly focusing on protecting critical infrastructure, public institutions and digital networks from cyberattacks. Pakistan has also expanded its dependence on online systems in government, banking, communications and other sectors. Any major cyberattack on important infrastructure could potentially disrupt essential services. Dr Abbas therefore called for a stronger national framework to protect Pakistan’s digital environment. He said the proposed authority should have a clear mandate and sufficient powers to manage cybersecurity across the country. He also emphasised the importance of a coordinated national response. Different government departments and institutions need to work together to identify threats and prevent attacks before they cause damage. The official said placing the authority under the prime minister would give it greater effectiveness and allow important decisions to be taken quickly. The disclosure of more than 400 cyberattacks this year has renewed attention on Pakistan’s digital security. Authorities are now facing growing pressure to strengthen national cybersecurity systems and improve preparedness against future threats.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *