forces thwart iranian
| | |

US forces thwart Iranian missile barrage as region…

WASHINGTON: A fragile pause in hostilities between the United States and Iran came to an abrupt end on Tuesday after Iranian forces launched multiple ballistic missiles toward US military positions in the Middle East, according to the US military.

The US Central Command (CENTCOM) said the missiles were fired by Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) in what it described as a surprise attack. In a statement posted on X, CENTCOM reported that all incoming missiles were successfully intercepted, preventing any reported damage or casualties. However, it did not disclose the exact locations that were targeted.

The latest exchange marks a renewed escalation after several days of relative calm. Both countries had refrained from military action over the weekend following nearly two weeks of intense conflict, during which the United States carried out nightly strikes on Iranian positions while Tehran responded with repeated missile and drone attacks against US allies across the Gulf region.

The recent confrontation traces back to mid-July, when Iran targeted several commercial vessels in the Strait of Hormuz, triggering a sharp rise in regional tensions and prompting a sustained military response from Washington.

The temporary ceasefire had raised hopes for diplomacy, with US President Donald Trump stating there was a strong possibility of progress in negotiations aimed at ending the conflict. The lull in fighting also contributed to a decline in global oil prices, reflecting growing market optimism that the crisis could be contained.

Tuesday’s missile launch, however, signals that tensions remain high, casting fresh uncertainty over diplomatic efforts and raising concerns about the potential for another round of military escalation in the Middle East.

Similar Posts

  • | | |

    Arij Fatyma reveals she is a cancer survivor, open…

      Pakistani-American content creator and former television actor Arij Fatyma has shared a deeply personal update with her followers, revealing that she is a cancer survivor and opening up about the major changes in her life since leaving the entertainment industry. In a recent Instagram post, Arij shared a selfie accompanied by an emotional message in which she introduced herself to new followers and offered a glimpse into her personal and professional journey. She explained that many new people from Pakistan and other parts of the world had recently started following her on social media. Taking the opportunity to reconnect with her audience, she decided to share more details about her background, career and life away from television. Arij revealed that she was born in North Carolina and has Pakistani-Indian and Iranian roots. She spent more than a decade living in Pakistan, where she established herself as a television actor and became familiar to audiences through several popular drama serials. After spending years working in Pakistan’s entertainment industry, Arij eventually moved back to the United States to begin a new chapter of her life and start a family. Speaking about her professional journey after leaving acting, the former actress revealed that she did not completely step away from the professional world. Instead, she transitioned into the corporate sector and worked as a social media director and account executive at a Fortune 500 company. She currently lives in Toledo, Ohio, where she describes her lifestyle as relatively suburban. She said her daily routine revolves around motherhood, her professional responsibilities, content creation and managing various aspects of her personal life. However, one of the most significant revelations in her post was about her health. Arij disclosed that she had been diagnosed with a rare form of cancer known as choriocarcinoma. According to Arij, battling the disease fundamentally changed the way she viewed life. She described the experience as a difficult chapter that gave her a new perspective and made her appreciate life and the time she has been given. She revealed that she now lives with one ovary following her medical journey. Rather than focusing solely on what she lost during the difficult period, Arij said the experience left her with a greater sense of gratitude and appreciation for life. Her candid disclosure has given her followers a more personal understanding of the woman behind her social media content. She is now focusing primarily on lifestyle-related content and regularly shares aspects of her everyday life online. Although she has moved away from television acting, Arij remains remembered by Pakistani drama viewers for her performances in several popular projects. She appeared in dramas including Aap Ke Liye, Meri Beti and Aik Pal, which helped establish her presence in the Pakistani television industry. Her last major acting appearance came in the 2019 drama Hasad, which featured Minal Khan and Noor Hassan. Since then, Arij has taken a different direction, concentrating on her family, professional career and social media presence. Her latest revelation about surviving cancer adds another important chapter to her journey and reflects how her experiences have shaped her outlook on life. By sharing her story openly, Arij has also highlighted the importance of gratitude, resilience and appreciating everyday moments after overcoming difficult circumstances.

  • | |

    K-pop label CEO arrested in $21m fraud case

    SEOUL: The head of South Korea’s entertainment agency One Hundred Label has been arrested over allegations of large-scale financial fraud, adding to the growing controversies surrounding the K-pop industry. Cha Gawon, chairman of Piac Group and the representative of One Hundred Label, was taken into custody after a Seoul court approved an arrest warrant. The court cited concerns that evidence in the case could be destroyed if the suspect remained free during the investigation. According to investigators, Cha is accused of securing advance payments worth 24.2 billion Korean won (about $16.9 million) from an entertainment technology company for a business project involving the intellectual property rights of artists managed by the agency. Authorities allege the promised project was never carried out. Prosecutors further claim that Cha entered into the agreement despite knowing that an existing contract with another company would prevent the deal from moving forward. Investigators believe the alleged actions resulted in financial losses estimated at nearly 30 billion Korean won, or around $21 million. The case is being investigated under South Korea’s law covering major economic crimes. Following the arrest, Cha was transferred to a police detention facility in Seoul while the investigation continues. Authorities have also accused Cha of collecting billions of won through property lease arrangements that were allegedly never completed. Officials say these transactions are also part of the wider fraud investigation. Police reportedly sought Cha’s arrest more than once, but earlier requests required additional investigation. After examining bank records and contractual documents, investigators submitted another request, which was later approved by the court. The legal troubles have intensified uncertainty surrounding One Hundred Label. Several well-known artists have already ended their association with the agency following disputes over contract terms and financial settlements. Actor and singer Lee Seung-gi previously terminated his exclusive contract with the company, citing contractual violations. K-pop group The Boyz also launched legal proceedings against the agency over alleged unpaid earnings, delayed staff payments, and breach of contract. Most members successfully suspended their exclusive contracts through a court order, while member New remained with the company. SHINee member Taemin had also parted ways with the agency’s subsidiary, Big Planet Made, before the latest developments.

  • | | |

    New KIA Sportage develops repeated fault within 90…

    Islamabad: A consumer court in Islamabad admitted a complaint against KIA Lucky Motors Corporation and related parties after a customer claimed that his brand new KIA Sportage developed a serious technical fault within days of purchase, rendering it unusable despite repeated inspections and repairs. The complaint has been filed under the Islamabad Consumer Protection Act, 1995, and the court has started regular hearing of the matter after reviewing the initial arguments. According to the complaint, the vehicle developed a “Shifter System Malfunctioning: Service Immediately” warning after covering only around 900 kilometres, causing the vehicle to stop working properly and requiring assistance. The complainant claimed that the same problem appeared again shortly after the first repair, raising concerns about the reliability and safety of a newly purchased vehicle. The case was filed against KIA Lucky Motors Corporation, its officials, the Islamabad dealership and KIA Corporation South Korea. The court issued notices to the concerned respondents for appearance and response. The complaint states that the customer purchased the KIA Sportage for personal and official use with the expectation that a new vehicle would be safe, reliable and free from defects. According to the documents, the vehicle was purchased on 13 February 2026 for Rs11.299 million. The customer alleged that while travelling for an official assignment, the vehicle suddenly displayed the shifter system warning and the gear system stopped functioning properly. He claimed that after reaching his destination, the same issue happened again, forcing him to seek help from the company. According to the complaint, the dealership initially informed the customer that the problem was caused by loose internal wiring. The vehicle was inspected and the customer was assured that the issue had been resolved and the vehicle was safe to drive. However, the customer claimed that the same warning appeared again on 30 May 2026 while he was travelling with his family, leaving the vehicle unusable and forcing him to arrange alternative transport. The complaint further states that the vehicle had to be taken away through a recovery service after attempts to fix the problem failed. The customer has alleged that different explanations were provided regarding the cause of the fault, including wiring issues, moisture concerns and failure of the Shifter Control Module, a key part of the vehicle’s transmission system. The complaint argues that these different explanations created further doubts about the actual cause of the problem and the effectiveness of the repairs carried out by the company. The customer has requested the court to order replacement of the vehicle or refund of the purchase price along with compensation for financial losses, inconvenience and distress. The complaint also mentions that the customer contacted the company through official channels and sent a legal notice, but claimed that the issue was not resolved. The company’s response, according to the complaint documents, acknowledged that a shifter malfunction was reported and that the Shifter Control Module was replaced under warranty after diagnosis. The legal case has brought attention to consumer rights in Pakistan, especially regarding the responsibilities of automobile companies when a newly purchased vehicle develops serious problems. The complainant’s lawyer Munir Ahmad Advocate High Court said the purpose of the case is to seek a fair solution for the customer and ensure consumers receive proper protection when purchasing expensive products. The court will continue hearing the matter after receiving responses from the concerned parties.

  • | | |

    Iran claims drone strike on US base in Kuwait

    Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) says it will continue military operations aimed at responding to what it describes as acts of aggression against the country. Iranian authorities have also claimed that their forces carried out drone strikes against Camp Doha, a US military facility located in western Kuwait. According to Iran’s Tasnim news agency, the strikes targeted weapons storage facilities and logistical equipment used by US ground forces at the base. The Iranian military said the operation came in response to what it called repeated acts of aggression by the United States. Tehran has maintained that its military actions are intended to deter further attacks and demonstrate its readiness to respond to any threats against Iran. In a statement, Iran’s armed forces said they remain fully coordinated and prepared to confront any new military moves or hostile actions. The statement warned that Iran would deliver what it described as a strong and decisive response to any further aggression. Iranian officials described Camp Doha as an important regional support facility for US military personnel and equipment. The base has historically played a role in supporting American military operations and logistics in the Gulf region. The latest claims come amid heightened tensions in the region, with Iran and the United States continuing to exchange warnings and accusations. Any confirmed attack on a US military facility in Kuwait could further increase security concerns across the Gulf and raise fears of a broader escalation in the region. The claims regarding the reported drone strikes have been attributed to Iranian sources, and independent confirmation of the details was not provided in the original report.

  • |

    Time-restricted eating may boost brain health

      A recent study suggests that limiting daily meals to an eight- to nine-hour eating window may help support brain health, particularly in older women. The findings were presented at NUTRITION 2026, the annual meeting of the American Society for Nutrition, and are currently considered preliminary because the research has not yet been peer-reviewed. Scientists from Rutgers University found that women aged 50 to 79 who followed time-restricted eating while maintaining a calorie deficit performed better on certain cognitive tests than those who spread their meals over a typical 12-hour period. The six-month study included 47 overweight or obese women, all of whom reduced their daily calorie intake by about 500 calories. Of the participants, 26 consumed all of their meals within an average 8.2-hour window, while the remaining women ate over an average 12.3-hour period. Both groups lost nearly 15 pounds on average by the end of the study. However, the women who followed the shorter eating window performed better in spatial planning and problem-solving tasks. They also made fewer errors on learning and memory tests, although those improvements were not statistically significant. Researchers found no noticeable differences in reaction time or multitasking abilities. Lead researcher Dr. Sue Shapses, a professor at Rutgers University and Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, said the findings suggest that meal timing may provide additional cognitive benefits beyond weight loss alone. She explained that finishing meals about four hours before bedtime and limiting eating to an eight- or nine-hour daily window may help reduce age-related cognitive decline. Researchers believe these benefits could be linked to the body’s circadian rhythm, metabolism, inflammation, and nutrient-sensing pathways, although more research is needed to confirm these effects. Experts cautioned that the findings should be interpreted carefully because the study involved a relatively small number of participants and has not yet undergone peer review. The researchers emphasized that larger and longer-term studies are needed to determine whether time-restricted eating can significantly improve long-term brain health and cognitive function. Until further evidence becomes available, the results provide encouraging but preliminary insights into how meal timing may influence healthy brain aging.

  • | |

    Pakistan’s monsoon crisis deepens as heavy r…

    Heavy monsoon rains continue to cause widespread devastation across Pakistan, with Punjab and Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (K-P) suffering significant casualties and damage. According to disaster management authorities, at least 43 people have lost their lives and 177 others have been injured due to rain-related incidents, while officials have warned that more heavy rainfall and possible flooding are expected in the coming days. In Punjab, the Provincial Disaster Management Authority (PDMA) reported 21 deaths and 154 injuries linked to the ongoing monsoon season. Lahore has been among the worst-hit cities, receiving approximately 343 millimeters of rainfall over the past 48 hours. The intense downpour flooded roads, underpasses, and low-lying neighborhoods, causing severe traffic disruptions and exposing weaknesses in the city’s drainage infrastructure. Emergency drainage operations were launched across the provincial capital to remove accumulated rainwater. Most fatalities in Punjab resulted from roof and building collapses, which claimed 15 lives. Additional deaths were caused by lightning strikes, electrocution, and drowning. Authorities also reported damage to dozens of homes, highlighting the vulnerability of aging structures during extreme weather conditions. A tragic incident occurred in Lahore when a 19-year-old motorcyclist was critically injured after being electrocuted while riding through flooded streets in the Chungi Amar Sidhu area. The victim was immediately shifted to Lahore General Hospital for emergency treatment. Heavy rainfall also forced the closure of several underpasses and roads in DHA and other parts of the city due to waterlogging, while traffic was diverted through alternative routes. In addition, rain damaged an 11kV electricity line, causing temporary power outages in affected areas. The city also witnessed the formation of multiple sinkholes after continuous rainfall weakened road surfaces. Traffic authorities sealed off the affected locations, redirected vehicles, and coordinated with municipal departments to begin urgent repair work. Earlier, two teenage brothers lost their lives when their motorcycle skidded on a rain-soaked road near Lahore while traveling toward Kasur. Officials attributed the accident to slippery road conditions and urged motorists, particularly motorcyclists, to reduce speed, wear helmets, and avoid unnecessary travel during heavy rainfall. Meanwhile, Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa recorded 22 deaths and 23 injuries in rain-related incidents. The victims included men, women, and several children. The province also suffered damage to 37 houses, with eight completely destroyed and the remaining partially damaged. The affected districts include Peshawar, Mardan, Nowshera, Abbottabad, Mansehra, Bajaur, Swabi, and several others. The K-P PDMA stated that rescue teams, district administrations, and emergency services are working together to provide relief and assistance to affected families. Although river water levels currently remain within normal limits, authorities have placed all districts on high alert due to forecasts of continued heavy rainfall. The Pakistan Meteorological Department has warned that another spell of widespread rain is expected across Punjab, Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, Islamabad, Rawalpindi, and Kashmir over the next 24 hours. Officials fear urban flooding, flash floods in local streams, and landslides in hilly regions such as Murree and Galiyat. Residents have been advised to avoid unnecessary travel, stay away from damaged buildings and flood-prone areas, and follow official safety advisories to minimize further loss of life and property.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *