yami gautam lead
| |

Yami Gautam to lead Kahaani 3

Yami Gautam is reportedly set to headline Kahaani 3, taking over the lead role in the acclaimed thriller franchise previously fronted by Vidya Balan. The film, directed by Sujoy Ghosh, is currently in the pre-production stage and is expected to introduce a completely fresh story while retaining the signature mystery and suspense that made the franchise a favourite among audiences.
According to reports, Kahaani 3 will not continue the storyline from the first two films. Instead, the makers are planning an entirely new narrative set within the same cinematic world. This approach is intended to preserve the franchise’s identity while giving audiences a fresh mystery to unravel. Sujoy Ghosh, who directed both Kahaani (2012) and Kahaani 2 (2016), is returning to helm the third instalment.
An industry source quoted in multiple reports said, “Kahaani 3 is a new story altogether. The idea is to take the franchise forward while retaining the essence of the world that audiences have loved.” The source added that Yami Gautam has been chosen for the lead because her character has a powerful and emotionally layered arc that fits the film’s vision.
The insider further revealed that the project is still in its early stages, with the creative team working on the script and production schedule before filming begins. “The film is still in the pre-production stage, and the team is working on the timelines for the shoot,” the source said.
Speaking about Sujoy Ghosh’s return, the source explained that the filmmaker has a clear plan for the franchise’s future. “Sujoy has a very clear vision for the Kahaani world. He is working closely with the team to ensure that the third film feels fresh but still carries the soul of the franchise.” The source also noted that there is considerable excitement surrounding Yami Gautam’s casting, while the makers continue to finalise the shooting schedule.
The Kahaani franchise has long been associated with Vidya Balan, whose performances as Vidya Bagchi and Durga Rani Singh earned widespread critical acclaim and helped establish the series as one of Bollywood’s finest mystery thrillers. Reports suggest that while Yami Gautam will now lead the franchise, the upcoming film is not intended to replace the earlier stories but rather expand the Kahaani universe with a new protagonist and standalone plot.
Yami Gautam, who has earned praise in recent years for her performances in female-led films, is expected to bring a different dimension to the franchise. Industry observers believe the role could become another milestone in her career, especially given the strong legacy attached to the Kahaani brand.
Although the makers have not officially announced the film’s cast or release date, reports about Yami Gautam leading Kahaani 3 have generated significant excitement among fans. Many have welcomed Sujoy Ghosh’s return and expressed curiosity about how the new chapter will honour the franchise’s legacy while introducing a fresh mystery for audiences.

Similar Posts

  • |

    Rain forecast for several parts of Pakistan as flood risk rises

    LAHORE: Rain is expected in several parts of Punjab, Balochistan, upper Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Gilgit-Baltistan and Kashmir on Sunday, with authorities warning of possible flooding in urban centres and watercourses following increased rainfall. According to the latest weather forecast, scattered showers are likely to affect different areas of the country, while parts of Punjab may experience intermittent rain during the day. The weather in Lahore turned pleasant on Sunday morning after rainfall was reported in various parts of the provincial capital. The early-morning showers brought temporary relief from the prevailing heat and humidity, with residents experiencing relatively cooler conditions. Rain was reported in several localities, adding to the likelihood of water accumulation on roads and low-lying areas if the spell continues. Meanwhile, the National Emergency Operation Center has warned that rainfall could lead to a rise in water levels and flows in major rivers across the country. The situation has prompted authorities to remain vigilant and closely monitor river channels, drains and vulnerable urban areas. Officials have also highlighted the possibility of low to moderate-level urban flooding in several Punjab cities, including Rawalpindi, Gujranwala, Sialkot, Narowal, Faisalabad, Okara and Lahore. Heavy or persistent rainfall in these areas could result in water accumulating on roads, underpasses and other low-lying locations, potentially disrupting traffic and routine activities. Relevant departments have been advised to remain prepared to respond to any emergency arising from the weather system. The risk is not limited to Punjab. In Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, low to moderate flooding has also been forecast in rivers, streams and rain-fed waterways in Chitral, Upper Dir, Abbottabad, Shangla, Khyber, Orakzai, Kohat, Tank and North and South Waziristan. Authorities have urged local administrations and disaster-management agencies in vulnerable districts to maintain close coordination and monitor developments, particularly in areas located near rivers, streams and seasonal rain drains. Residents in low-lying and flood-prone areas have been advised to exercise caution, avoid unnecessary travel during heavy rainfall and stay informed about weather and flood alerts issued by the relevant authorities. The latest warnings come as the country continues to monitor the impact of the ongoing monsoon activity, which can cause sudden increases in river flows and urban flooding in areas receiving intense or prolonged rainfall.

  • | |

    Azad Kashmir: Police arrest IPP candidate Ali Shan…

    Police in Azad Jammu and Kashmir have arrested Istehkam-e-Pakistan Party (IPP) candidate Ali Shan Soni following allegations of interference in the electoral process during polling in Bhimber district. Authorities say the arrest was made after reports that ballot boxes were removed from multiple polling stations. According to Mirpur Commissioner Tahir Mumtaz, Ali Shan Soni, accompanied by several supporters, allegedly removed ballot boxes from four polling stations during the election. The commissioner confirmed the arrest and said legal action was initiated over the alleged disruption of the voting process. Election officials stated that the incident prompted an immediate response from law enforcement agencies to ensure the integrity of the polling process. Authorities have not released further details regarding the investigation, but officials indicated that the matter will proceed in accordance with the applicable election laws. Ali Shan Soni was contesting the election from LA-6 Samahni on the ticket of the Istehkam-e-Pakistan Party. The constituency witnessed a competitive race, with unofficial election results indicating that Chaudhry Muhammad Razaq secured the lead. Based on unofficial results from 156 polling stations, Chaudhry Muhammad Razaq received more than 30,000 votes, placing him in first position. Ali Shan Soni was reported to have received 17,974 votes, putting him in second place. Election-related incidents are closely monitored by authorities to maintain transparency and public confidence in the democratic process. Any allegations of interference, including the unauthorized handling or removal of ballot boxes, are generally subject to investigation under election regulations. Officials have emphasized that legal proceedings will determine the facts surrounding the incident. No further official statement has been issued regarding the charges or the next stage of the investigation. The arrest has drawn attention to the importance of safeguarding the electoral process and ensuring that voting is conducted in a free, fair, and transparent manner. Election authorities and law enforcement agencies are expected to continue reviewing the incident while maintaining security and order throughout the completion of the electoral process. As the investigation continues, officials have urged the public to rely on verified information from relevant authorities and await the outcome of the legal proceedings before drawing conclusions about the allegations.

  • | |

    NCCIA arrests 3 in crackdown on cyber harassment, …

    LAHORE: Pakistan’s National Cyber Crime Investigation Agency (NCCIA) has arrested three men in separate operations in Lahore and Multan as part of a crackdown on cyber harassment, blackmail, threats and the misuse of personal data online, officials said. The operations were carried out on the directions of Director NCCIA Punjab Muhammad Ali Wasim, officials said. In Lahore, the NCCIA arrested Azeem Jafri, son of Syed Altaf Hussain Shah and a resident of Faisalabad, in connection with an online harassment and defamation complaint. Investigators said the suspect had been using online platforms to harass and defame complainant Syed Muzaffar Iqbal Zehrazai. A mobile phone was recovered from the suspect during the operation. The investigation is being conducted by Sub-Inspector Rai Shakeel Ahmed. In Multan, the agency carried out two separate operations and arrested Jamshed Mahmood Khan and Sajjad Sarwar. Jamshed Mahmood Khan was arrested from Gulgasht Gol Bagh Park in Multan. Investigators said he was involved in sharing objectionable data belonging to a woman through WhatsApp, issuing threats and blackmailing her. No recovery was made from the suspect. In a separate operation, NCCIA officials arrested Sajjad Sarwar in Dera Ghazi Khan. Investigators said he was involved in sharing objectionable data of a woman through WhatsApp, threatening her and blackmailing her. A mobile phone containing WhatsApp-related material was recovered from him. Director NCCIA Punjab Muhammad Ali Wasim said the agency would continue taking action against individuals using cyberspace for harassment, blackmail, threats and violations of privacy. He directed NCCIA teams to further strengthen investigations and enforcement against cybercrime and ensure effective protection of citizens’ privacy and digital rights.

  • | |

    Punjab cybercrime crackdown, 28 suspects arrested

    LAHORE: Authorities have arrested 28 suspects in Lahore, Faisalabad and Multan as part of a major crackdown on organised online fraud, exposing alleged schemes that relied on impersonation, fake investment opportunities and fabricated official identities to deceive citizens. The arrests were made during a province-wide operation by the National Cyber Crime Investigation Agency (NCCIA) Punjab, directed by Punjab Director Muhammad Ali Wasim, officials said. Investigators also seized 24 mobile phones and a laptop, which are now being examined for evidence that could lead to other members of the alleged network. The investigation has revealed how fraudsters allegedly manipulated trust to convince victims to hand over large sums of money. Millions allegedly lost in Lahore scam In Lahore, 18 suspects were arrested in separate operations. Investigators said the suspects allegedly impersonated relatives, visa agents, government officials and personnel associated with the Punjab Safe Cities Authority. In one case, suspects allegedly posed as both a relative and a visa agent and persuaded a victim to transfer Rs25.86 million. The case has highlighted how scammers can combine apparently familiar identities with urgent requests to make their schemes appear legitimate. Rs54.66m trading fraud uncovered Three suspects were arrested in Faisalabad in connection with alleged online trading fraud and unauthorised access to a company email account. According to investigators, a victim was shown fabricated trading records, digital-wallet balances and purported profit statements to create the impression that substantial returns were being generated. After being persuaded to invest, the victim allegedly lost Rs54.66 million, investigators said. The case demonstrates the growing sophistication of investment scams, where criminals allegedly use manipulated digital information to make fraudulent platforms appear genuine. Multan arrests expose impersonation tactics In Multan, seven suspects were arrested for allegedly posing as relatives, bank employees and individuals claiming to be based in Britain. Officials said victims were approached with various demands, including payments supposedly required for prize money, customs clearance, taxes and visa renewals. Such tactics typically create a sense of urgency, leaving victims with little time to verify the identity of the caller or the authenticity of the demand. Digital evidence now under forensic examination NCCIA investigators are examining the seized devices through forensic analysis. Financial transactions, call records and digital communications are also being reviewed to establish the full extent of the alleged operation and identify other people who may be connected to it. The crackdown comes amid growing concern over online financial fraud in Pakistan. The NCCIA’s own statistics identify financial fraud as a major category of reported cybercrime. The latest arrests underscore a simple but increasingly important warning: an apparently familiar voice, official-looking message or promising investment opportunity may not be what it seems. Authorities are expected to continue the investigation as they trace the alleged network and follow the digital and financial trails left behind.

  • |

    Cristiano Ronaldo marries Georgina after 8-year love story

    Cascais, Portugal: Football superstar Cristiano Ronaldo and his longtime partner Georgina Rodríguez have officially turned nearly a decade of love into marriage, marking a new chapter in one of the world’s most closely followed celebrity relationships. The 41-year-old Portuguese football icon and 32-year-old Spanish-Argentine model tied the knot in a private civil ceremony in Cascais, Portugal, on August 11, with their five children reportedly present for the intimate occasion. The couple confirmed the news through a simple but powerful social media post. Ronaldo shared a photograph showing the couple’s hands together, with their wedding bands clearly visible, alongside the caption “C❤️G”. The understated announcement quickly sent fans around the world into celebration mode. The wedding comes exactly one year after Rodríguez announced their engagement in August 2025, displaying her striking oval-shaped diamond ring and declaring that she would say “yes” to Ronaldo in this life and every life. Their love story began in 2016, when Rodríguez was working as a sales assistant at a Gucci store in Madrid. Their relationship soon grew beyond the fashion world, and they made their first major public appearance together at the Best FIFA Football Awards in Zurich in January 2017. Over the years, the pair built a family life away from Ronaldo’s demanding football career. They share five children: twins Eva Maria and Mateo, daughters Alana and Bella, and Ronaldo’s eldest son, Cristiano Jr. Their journey has also included profound personal hardship. In 2022, the couple announced the heartbreaking death of Bella’s twin brother, Ángel, shortly after his birth. The tragedy became one of the most difficult moments of their relationship, with the couple supporting each other through the loss. Now, after years of shared memories, family milestones and public attention, Ronaldo and Rodríguez have officially become husband and wife. For fans who have followed their journey since its early days, the wedding represents the long-awaited finale to a love story that began quietly in a Madrid fashion store and eventually captured global attention.

  • | |

    Swat hosts flag rally in support of Pakistan army …

    A joint flag rally and patrol were held in Swat to demonstrate solidarity with the Pakistan Army and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Police amid the prevailing security situation in the region. The event brought together security personnel and local residents in a show of unity aimed at reinforcing public confidence and promoting peace. According to official information, the rally featured participation from Pakistan Army personnel, KP Police officers, civilians, and children. Participants carried the national flag and expressed support for the country’s security forces while emphasizing the importance of cooperation between the public and law enforcement agencies. During the event, large crowds chanted patriotic slogans, including “Long Live Pakistan” and “Long Live Pakistan Army,” as the joint procession moved through key roads and public areas of Swat. The rally was accompanied by a coordinated patrol involving security vehicles and motorcycles, highlighting the continued presence of security forces across the district. The joint patrol was organized as part of ongoing efforts to strengthen security, reassure local communities, and enhance coordination between the Pakistan Army and the provincial police. Officials said such activities are intended to improve the public’s sense of safety while maintaining vigilance against potential security threats. Authorities stated that the initiative also aimed to send a clear message that the people of Swat stand united with the country’s security institutions against elements seeking to disrupt peace and stability. The visible participation of residents reflected community engagement in efforts to support law enforcement and contribute to a secure environment. Residents from different segments of society, including families and young people, took part in the event, underlining a shared commitment to peace and national unity. Organizers described the rally as a symbol of cooperation between citizens and security forces, stressing that maintaining peace requires collective responsibility and mutual trust. The flag rally comes as security agencies continue to monitor the situation in parts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and carry out measures aimed at ensuring public safety. Joint patrols and community outreach initiatives have become an important part of broader efforts to strengthen coordination between security institutions and local communities. Officials expressed confidence that continued collaboration between the Pakistan Army, KP Police, and the people of Swat would help preserve lasting peace and stability in the region. They emphasized that unity, vigilance, and public cooperation remain essential in addressing security challenges and safeguarding the progress made toward maintaining law and order.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *