ml1 project review

ML-1 project review to be completed by October 30

An important meeting regarding the ML-1 project was held under the chairmanship of Chairman Pakistan Railways Syed Mazhar Ali Shah. International design consultants, review consultants, and senior officers of Pakistan Railways attended the meeting.

The meeting reviewed in detail various matters related to the upgradation of the Karachi-Rohri section. Discussions were also held on the project’s preparation, progress, and future course of action.

Chairman Pakistan Railways directed that the review phase of the ML-1 project be completed by October 30, 2026. He also directed that the progress of the project be continuously monitored and reviewed on a weekly basis.

It was decided that the second phase of market consultation for the ML-1 project will commence on September 8, 2026. The second phase will include detailed consultations with market experts and relevant stakeholders on project preparation, technical matters, and the way forward.

Pakistan Railways will benefit from market proposals, international experience, and expert opinions to make the ML-1 project more effective, modern, and viable. The principles of merit, transparency, and competitiveness will be ensured at every stage of the project’s preparation and implementation.

Federal Minister for Railways Muhammad Hanif Abbasi expressed satisfaction over the progress on the ML-1 project and said that ML-1 is the foundation for the development and modernization of Pakistan Railways and for meeting future requirements. The upgradation of the project will significantly improve train speeds, passenger facilities, and the overall performance of Pakistan Railways.

The Federal Minister said that the ML-1 project would be further strengthened and made more effective in light of the best proposals and expert opinions. He emphasized that merit, transparency, and competitiveness are of fundamental importance to the project and that there would be no compromise on these principles.

Muhammad Hanif Abbasi said that Prime Minister Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif is taking a keen interest in the ML-1 project and has directed that it be completed within the stipulated timeframe. The Prime Minister is also continuously monitoring progress on the project.

The Federal Minister for Railways said that, in view of the progress made so far, the prospects for the commencement of Pakistan Railways’ flagship ML-1 project this year are bright. The government is taking all necessary measures to make ML-1 the foundation of a modern, safe, high-speed, and efficient railway system in the country.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    Mir Raza murder probe hits geo-fencing hurdles, po…

    KARACHI: Investigators probing the murder of young businessman Mir Raza are facing challenges in completing geo-fencing around the crime scene, with the passage of several days making it harder to accurately reconstruct movements in the area. According to investigative sources, the crime scene is located near a hilly area that has been subjected to geo-fencing. Mobile towers belonging to three different telecom companies are situated around the location, allowing investigators to collect data on mobile activity in the vicinity. Sources said geo-fencing has so far produced location data covering several blocks of Gulistan-i-Jauhar. However, because considerable time has elapsed since the incident, investigators are finding it difficult to establish which individuals were present near the crime scene at the relevant time. Police have also collected various pieces of evidence from the surrounding area. Investigators reportedly conducted a search within a radius of around 500 metres from the location where the body was found. Meanwhile, the newly formed investigation committee has obtained details linked to Mir Raza’s smartwatch. Investigators are now attempting to retrieve the device’s complete data, which could potentially provide additional information about his movements and activities before his death. The investigation remains ongoing as authorities work to combine digital records, physical evidence and device data to determine what happened in the final hours of Mir Raza’s life.

  • | | | |

    Krabi Leads Thailand in Staycation Booking Growth on Traveloka

    Krabi – Krabi recorded Thailand’s highest growth in staycation accommodation bookings on Traveloka, with bookings more than doubling compared to the same period last year. This increase demonstrates strong traveler confidence in Krabi as a leading destination for short-term getaways. ​The booking data confirms Krabi’s ongoing popularity, supported by its renowned beaches, islands, natural attractions, […]

  • | | | |

    Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Türkiye sign Makkah jo…

    MAKKAH: Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Türkiye have signed the Makkah Joint Defence Agreement, pledging to strengthen collective security and defence cooperation among the three countries. The agreement was signed on Friday during a high-level summit at Al-Safa Palace in Makkah, where Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister Mohammed bin Salman received Pakistani Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan. According to the agreement, the three countries reaffirmed their commitment to strengthening collective security and promoting peace, stability and security in the region and beyond. The agreement is based on the longstanding relations and shared strategic interests of Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Türkiye. It also highlights their continued defence cooperation and commitment to closer coordination on security matters. Any attack to be treated as an attack on all three A key provision of the agreement states that an armed attack against any one of the three countries will be regarded as an attack against all three. The pact is intended to enhance collective deterrence against acts of aggression and expand cooperation across various areas of defence. The agreement also seeks to strengthen military and security coordination among the three states and build a framework for closer cooperation in the face of regional security challenges. The summit brought together the leaders at a time of heightened tensions and instability across the Middle East. Recent reporting had indicated that the three countries were preparing to deepen defence coordination through a joint pact. Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif was accompanied by Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar, Chief of Army Staff and Chief of Defence Forces Field Marshal Syed Asim Munir, and Defence Minister Khawaja Asif. The leaders also reviewed bilateral and regional matters of mutual interest and discussed ways to further strengthen cooperation. The Makkah agreement marks a significant development in defence ties among Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Türkiye, establishing a stronger trilateral framework for collective security and defence cooperation.

  • |

    Four killed as heavy rain causes roof collapse in …

    UPPER SOUTH WAZIRISTAN: Four members of a family lost their lives after the roof of a room collapsed due to heavy rainfall in the Bangiwala area of Upper South Waziristan. According to police, the incident occurred amid intense rain in the region, which caused the structure to give way and trap the family members underneath the debris. Police said the victims included a husband, his wife, their son, and their daughter. The tragic incident has left the local community in mourning. Authorities are assessing the situation in the area and monitoring the impact of the ongoing rainfall. Residents have also been urged to remain cautious as further rain could increase the risk of structural damage and other weather-related incidents.

  • | |

    New CCTV footage emerges in Mir Raza Ali murder in…

    Fresh CCTV footage has surfaced in the investigation into the murder of Mir Raza Ali, providing investigators with another potential lead as police continue to examine the circumstances surrounding his death. The newly obtained footage, captured by a surveillance camera overlooking the area where Ali’s body was discovered, shows a motorcycle stopping briefly at the location. According to investigators, the recording is timestamped at 3:36 a.m. on July 29, with the motorcycle remaining at the scene for approximately 20 seconds before leaving. Due to poor lighting, the footage does not clearly reveal the number of people riding the motorcycle or provide any identifying details, making further forensic analysis necessary. Mir Raza Ali, a resident of Karachi’s Pakistan Employees Cooperative Housing Society (PECHS), went missing on July 28 after leaving his home at around 4:09 a.m. in an online taxi. His body was found two days later in Gulistan-e-Jauhar. Police said the victim had sustained a gunshot wound to the chest, and his body was recovered in a severely deteriorated condition, indicating that it had remained at the location for some time before being discovered. Investigators have also revealed that all of Mir Raza Ali’s social media accounts were deactivated a day before his body was found, adding another element to the ongoing probe. Authorities are continuing to review CCTV footage, forensic evidence, and digital records as they work to determine the motive behind the killing and identify those responsible for the crime.

  • | |

    Karachi traffic police issue comprehensive traffic…

      The Karachi Traffic Police have announced a comprehensive traffic management plan for the city’s central Chehlum procession, informing residents that M.A. Jinnah Road will remain closed to traffic throughout the event. The special arrangements have been introduced to ensure the smooth movement of the religious procession while minimizing inconvenience for commuters. Citizens have been advised to plan their travel accordingly and use the designated alternative routes to avoid delays. According to the traffic police, all traffic traveling from Saddar toward Tower will be diverted through Preedy Street and I.I. Chundrigar Road. In addition, several key intersections and commercial areas, including Lighthouse, Empress Market, Regal Chowk, and Tibet Centre, will have temporary traffic diversions in place. These measures are intended to keep vehicles away from the procession route and maintain public safety during the event. Motorists approaching from Shahrah-e-Quaideen will be redirected toward Kashmir Road and Peoples Chowrangi. Vehicles arriving from Korangi, Landhi, and the National Highway will be diverted through Rashid Minhas Road before proceeding to the Super Highway. Traffic officials have urged drivers from these areas to follow diversion signs and cooperate with law enforcement personnel deployed along the routes. Commuters traveling from Nazimabad will be able to reach their destinations through Lasbela, Garden, and Nishtar Road. Similarly, traffic coming from Liaquatabad will be diverted at Lasbela Chowk toward Nazimabad No. 10. These alternate routes have been identified to reduce congestion and facilitate the movement of vehicles while the main procession route remains inaccessible. The traffic plan also outlines arrangements for vehicles coming from Hassan Square. Such traffic will be directed through Shahrah-e-Quaideen, Society Light Signal, and Teen Hatti before reaching Lasbela Chowk. Meanwhile, motorists traveling from Shahrah-e-Faisal will be guided through Society Light Signal and Sher Shah Suri Road to continue their journeys. Drivers using Jamshed Road and intending to travel toward Gurumandir have been advised to use Bahadur Yar Jang Road or Soldier Bazaar Road as alternative routes. The Karachi Traffic Police have imposed strict restrictions on heavy vehicles for the duration of the procession. Heavy traffic will not be allowed to enter the city from 10:00 a.m. until the conclusion of the Chehlum procession. The restriction is aimed at preventing congestion and ensuring the safety of participants and the general public. Transport operators have been instructed to adjust their schedules accordingly and avoid entering restricted areas during the specified hours. Authorities have also announced a complete ban on parking along the procession route. Any vehicle found parked in prohibited areas will be immediately towed away without prior notice. Traffic police have warned motorists to comply with parking regulations and follow the instructions of officers on duty to avoid penalties and unnecessary inconvenience. The central Chehlum procession is scheduled to begin at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, August 4, from Nishtar Park. A large number of mourners are expected to participate in the religious gathering, prompting extensive security and traffic arrangements across the city. Police and traffic officials will remain deployed throughout the procession to manage vehicle movement, assist commuters, and maintain public order. Residents are encouraged to stay updated through official traffic advisories before leaving their homes and to use alternative routes wherever possible. The Karachi Traffic Police have appealed to the public for patience and cooperation, emphasizing that the temporary restrictions are necessary to ensure the safe and peaceful conduct of the central Chehlum procession while minimizing disruption to daily life.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *