sindh extends section
| |

Sindh extends Section 144 for one more month

The Sindh government has extended Section 144 across the province for another month, keeping several restrictions in place to maintain law and order.

According to a notification issued by the Sindh Home Department in Karachi, the renewed restrictions will come into effect on August 1 and will remain enforced for the next month.

The notification states that wall chalking, public rallies, demonstrations and the display of weapons in public places will continue to remain prohibited throughout the province. The government said the measures have been taken as part of efforts to preserve public peace and prevent any activities that could disrupt law and order.

Authorities have directed law enforcement agencies to ensure strict implementation of the restrictions. Officials said action will be taken against anyone found violating the provisions of Section 144 during the enforcement period.

The notification also clarified that only security guards employed by registered private security companies will be permitted to carry weapons while performing their official duties. No other individuals will be allowed to display or carry weapons in public unless authorised under the law.

Section 144 is a legal provision that empowers district administrations to impose temporary restrictions on public gatherings and certain activities in the interest of public safety. It is often enforced during periods of heightened security concerns or to prevent possible disturbances.

Similar Posts

  • |

    Former boxing star Prichard Colon dies at 33 after brain injury

    Former professional boxer Prichard Colon, once regarded as one of boxing’s most promising young talents, has died at the age of 33, years after suffering a devastating brain injury during a fight. Colon, who was born in Puerto Rico, sustained severe trauma during his October 2015 bout against American boxer Terrel Williams. The injury left him in a coma and ultimately brought a sudden and heartbreaking end to a career that had appeared destined for success. Before the fight, Colon had built an impressive unbeaten record. He won all 16 of his professional bouts, including 13 victories by knockout, and had emerged as a rising name in the sport. However, the contest against Williams changed his life forever. Following the bout, Colon required emergency brain surgery after doctors discovered the seriousness of his injuries. He later regained consciousness, but the neurological damage was severe. Colon needed round-the-clock care for the remainder of his life and was unable to return to the professional career that had once promised so much. His family had remained by his side throughout the difficult years. His father, Richard Colon, announced his son’s death on Facebook, expressing his sorrow while also saying that Prichard was now in a better place. Colon had been living with his family in Florida, where he died. His story has remained one of boxing’s most painful reminders of the risks fighters face inside the ring. His rapid rise, unbeaten record and promising future were abruptly overshadowed by a single fight and its devastating consequences. For fans who followed his career, Colon’s legacy extends beyond his record. He will be remembered as a talented young boxer whose career was cut tragically short and whose long battle after his injury drew attention to the potentially life-changing dangers of combat sports.

  • |

    Explosive drone near German airport sparks security alarm

    German authorities have launched a major counterterrorism investigation after an explosives-laden drone was discovered near Leipzig/Halle Airport, prompting officials to warn of a dangerous new security threat. German Interior Minister Alexander Dobrindt described the incident as an unprecedented escalation, saying the presence of a drone carrying explosives at an airport represented a “new threat scenario” for the country. The drone was found near the airport’s southern runway, which is primarily used for cargo operations. Airport authorities immediately suspended flights while bomb disposal experts secured the area. A specialised bomb disposal robot successfully removed the detonator attached to the drone, preventing a potential explosion. Investigators are examining the device to determine its origin and identify those responsible. While authorities have not confirmed who was behind the incident, Dobrindt said the operation appeared to have been carefully planned and professionally executed rather than carried out by amateurs. He added that investigators are also examining whether foreign actors may have been involved. During the security operation, a second unidentified flying object reportedly struck a cargo aircraft after the plane aborted its landing because of the runway closure. The aircraft sustained only minor damage and safely diverted to another airport, where it landed without incident. Leipzig/Halle Airport is one of Europe’s busiest cargo hubs and has played a significant role in international freight operations, including hosting aircraft from Ukraine’s Antonov Airlines since the outbreak of the Russia-Ukraine war. The incident comes amid growing concerns across Europe over suspicious drone activity near airports, military installations and other critical infrastructure. Security officials have repeatedly warned that commercially available drones could be used for sabotage, espionage or attacks on strategic facilities. Authorities are continuing forensic examinations of the recovered drone while counterterrorism investigators work to establish its origin, motive and any possible links to organised groups or foreign intelligence operations.

  • | | |

    Shaheen Shah Afridi leaves Lanka Premier League du…

    Pakistan’s star fast bowler Shaheen Shah Afridi has returned home after leaving the Lanka Premier League (LPL) due to personal reasons. The left-arm pacer, who was representing the Kandy Royals in the tournament, departed from the event before its conclusion, ending his participation in the ongoing competition. During his time in the Lanka Premier League, Shaheen Afridi was also involved in a disagreement with his team management over his exclusion from the playing squad for a match on July 19. The incident reportedly created tension between the player and the franchise during the tournament. In the match against the Colombo Capitals, Shaheen Afridi was informed that he would be used as an impact player. However, his name was not included in the official team sheet submitted for the match. The omission reportedly upset the Pakistani fast bowler, who expressed his disappointment over the situation. The issue was later addressed after the Kandy Royals management apologized to Shaheen Afridi. Following the apology and discussions with the team officials, the fast bowler returned to action and participated in subsequent matches for the franchise. Despite the disagreement, Shaheen Afridi continued to contribute to his team’s campaign in the tournament. He played six matches in the Lanka Premier League and took seven wickets, demonstrating his effectiveness as one of the leading fast bowlers in the competition. Shaheen Afridi is regarded as one of Pakistan’s most important international cricketers and has established himself as a key figure in the national team’s bowling attack. Known for his pace, swing, and ability to take early wickets, he has represented Pakistan across all formats of international cricket and has earned recognition as one of the world’s top fast bowlers. His participation in overseas T20 leagues has provided him with valuable experience and exposure against international players. The Lanka Premier League was another opportunity for him to showcase his skills and maintain competitive form ahead of future international assignments. The Kandy Royals management’s decision to apologize after the team sheet controversy helped resolve the matter, allowing Shaheen Afridi to continue his involvement in the tournament. However, his early departure due to personal reasons means that he will no longer be available for the remaining matches of the league. The exact nature of the personal reasons behind Shaheen Afridi’s return to Pakistan has not been disclosed. His decision comes as part of his personal commitments, and there has been no official indication that his departure is related to any injury or cricketing issue. Fans and cricket analysts have closely followed Shaheen Afridi’s performances in the tournament, particularly because of his reputation as a match-winning bowler. His seven wickets in six matches highlighted his continued ability to perform at the highest level in franchise cricket. The Pakistan Cricket Board and supporters will now be hoping that Shaheen Afridi returns refreshed and prepared for upcoming international challenges. His fitness, form, and availability remain important factors for Pakistan’s future cricketing plans.

  • |

    Coal drops below half of China’s power mix for first time ever

    China has reached a turning point in its energy story. For the very first time, coal supplied less than half the country’s electricity over a six-month stretch, according to officials who spoke on Thursday. Between January and June, coal made up 49.7 percent of total power generation. That figure came from Xing Yiteng, a senior official at the energy administration’s planning office. It marks a steep fall from 65.5 percent back in 2016, based on earlier government data. Clean energy sources picked up the slack. Renewables reached 41.2 percent of the total mix, crossing the 40 percent line for the first time ever. Wind and solar alone made up nearly a quarter of all power generated, a huge leap from just under 10 percent in 2020. The remaining share came from natural gas and nuclear plants. Despite this progress, experts warn that coal use in raw terms might actually increase this year. Electricity demand across China is rising quickly, driven by more electric vehicles on the road, a boom in AI-related data centers, and steady growth in exports. Beijing has pledged that coal use will peak no later than 2030, with wind and solar expected to reach 30 percent of the power mix by then. Gao Yuhe, who works as a project manager at Greenpeace East Asia, thinks that milestone might actually arrive two years early, by 2028. She credited this to the rapid spread of home solar systems paired with battery storage, along with more flexible electricity markets that make better use of renewable supply. China still burns far more coal than most major economies, mainly because it has large domestic reserves and limited natural gas access. For comparison, coal accounted for just 17 percent of America’s utility-scale power output last year, with natural gas covering 41 percent. China’s coal reliance, though, remains lower than India’s, where coal and lignite made up 69 percent of electricity generation last year. Interestingly, China still imported close to 500 million metric tons of coal last year, even with domestic output reaching 4.83 billion tons, mostly to supply power plants along the coast. If coal consumption keeps falling, major exporters like Indonesia, Mongolia, Australia, and Russia could feel the impact, depending on global price trends. Meanwhile, coal remains central to China’s coal-to-chemicals industry, where many facilities continue relying on cheap, locally produced coal to stay competitive.

  • | |

    Danyal Zafar’s embarrassing school moment goes viral

    Pakistani singer and actor Danyal Zafar has delighted fans after a humorous personal anecdote detailing an embarrassing moment from his school days resurfaced on social media, quickly going viral across digital platforms. ​Known for his candid personality and self-deprecating humor, the young artist—who made a name for himself in television hit series like Tanaa Banaa and Zanjeerain—recalled the nostalgic incident during an interactive digital appearance, leaving viewers in splits. ​Sharing the lighthearted memory, Danyal reminisced about his student days at Beaconhouse in Lahore and the awkward situations that often accompany adolescence. He recalled a specific instance where an attempt to look cool and impress his peers completely backfired in front of his entire class and teachers. The unexpected blunder instantly turned him into the center of attention for all the wrong reasons, leaving him thoroughly mortified at the time. ​”Looking back at school memories, you realize that the moments you thought were total disasters back then are actually the funniest stories you tell later in life. We all had those days where we just wanted the ground to open up and swallow us whole.” ​The viral clip struck a relatable chord with netizens and fans, who flooded comment sections with their own nostalgic and embarrassing school experiences. Fans praised Danyal for his down-to-earth persona and willingness to share vulnerable, relatable moments without worrying about maintaining a polished celebrity image. ​Danyal, who has built a versatile career spanning music and acting while carving out his own identity alongside his elder brother Ali Zafar, continues to maintain a strong rapport with his fanbase through genuine, unfiltered interactions. The viral response highlights how public figures sharing humorous, everyday missteps can foster a deeper, more authentic connection with their audience.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *