tom holland jon
| |

Tom Holland, Jon Bernthal bring humour to new Spider-Man film

Tom Holland and Jon Bernthal have revealed how their friendship helped create a more humorous atmosphere while filming Marvel’s upcoming film Spider-Man: Brand New Day.

The two actors had previously worked together on Christopher Nolan’s highly anticipated epic The Odyssey. Holland described that experience as remarkable but demanding.

After completing work on Nolan’s film, the actors moved on to the new Spider-Man project. Holland said the change in atmosphere was immediate.

According to Holland, the pair spent around six weeks working in an improvised and relaxed environment. They frequently joked on set and looked for new ways to add humour to the upcoming movie.

Holland said their off-screen relationship also influenced the connection between their characters.

He explained that the relationship originally written in the script changed significantly during production. Holland credited Bernthal’s acting and creative input for helping shape the final dynamic.

Bernthal also spoke warmly about his long-standing relationship with Holland.

The actor said he had known Holland since the British star was 17. The two had even worked together on audition tapes for the Marvel Cinematic Universe before Holland became widely known for playing Spider-Man.

Bernthal praised Holland’s development as an actor and said he remained impressed by his personality.

He described Holland as kind, hardworking and grounded despite his enormous success in Hollywood.

The upcoming film will bring Holland’s Spider-Man together with Bernthal’s Punisher. Their partnership is expected to be one of the major attractions of the new Marvel project.

The actors’ comments suggest that their real-life friendship played an important role in developing the chemistry between their characters.

Similar Posts

  • |

    ‘Ramayana: Part One’ finally gets official release date

    The makers of one of the year’s most anticipated films have finally locked in a release date. Sony Pictures confirmed on X that the epic will hit theatres soon. Directed by Nitesh Tiwari, the film stars Ranbir Kapoor, Sai Pallavi and Yash in lead roles. It’s set to release on November 6, 2026, just two days ahead of Diwali. Produced by Namit Malhotra, the project is being released as a two-part film. While Part One arrives this November, Part Two isn’t expected until around Diwali 2027, though an exact date is yet to be revealed. Ranbir Kapoor recently opened up to The Direct about the difficulty of adapting the sprawling epic into just two films. He admitted that doing justice to the story in such a limited format wasn’t easy. The 43-year-old actor explained that a story as vast as Ramayana would typically need far more room to be told properly. He said condensing it into two parts posed a genuine creative challenge. Kapoor also pushed back against the idea that the story required reinterpretation for today’s audiences. He said the text has endured for roughly 4,000 years, offering timeless lessons on courage, forgiveness, compassion and the battle between good and evil. He added that Lord Rama has remained a moral guide for millions of people across generations. For Kapoor, the story’s themes still resonate strongly without needing modern updates. The film’s trailer, released in July, opens with Yash’s Ravana declaring dominion over all three worlds before triggering widespread chaos. That destruction prompts Lord Vishnu to take the form of Ram to restore balance. The story then follows Ram’s journey through childhood, battles with demons, and his marriage to Sita, before he is sent into 14 years of exile. Sita and Lakshman choose to accompany him during that period. The narrative eventually shifts toward Sita’s abduction by Ravana, setting up the climactic battle that follows. With the release date now locked, anticipation for the film’s arrival is only expected to grow.

  • |

    Mohammad Ali strikes early as rain interrupts Pakistan-West Indies Test

    West Indies reached 49-1 at lunch on day one of the second Test against Pakistan. The opening session was cut short by rain at the Queen’s Park Oval in Trinidad on Sunday. Having won the toss and opted to bat first, the home side made steady progress through the morning. They moved to 49-1 in just 9.5 overs before rain forced an early break in proceedings. Brandon King was the standout batter during the shortened session. He remained unbeaten on 33 runs from 27 deliveries at the interval, having struck four boundaries along the way. His innings gave West Indies a solid platform, despite the disrupted playing conditions. Pakistan’s lone success with the ball came through pacer Mohammad Ali. He dismissed opener Tagenarine Chanderpaul for 15 runs, drawing an edge that was well taken by Sajid Khan at deep fine leg. Chanderpaul had faced 32 deliveries before departing. Throughout the session, Pakistan’s bowlers maintained discipline with the new ball. They created a handful of half-chances during the opening spells, testing the West Indies top order on a surface that offered some early assistance. However, a largely defensive approach from the batting side meant Pakistan weren’t able to build further pressure or add to their solitary wicket. With rain interrupting play so early into the Test, both teams will now be keeping a close eye on the weather as the match unfolds. Given how tightly poised this series already is, any lost playing time could have a real bearing on how the remaining days shape up. West Indies fielded a settled lineup for this Test, featuring Tagenarine Chanderpaul, Brandon King, Kavem Hodge, Shai Hope as wicketkeeper, Amir Jangoo, Justin Greaves, Roston Chase as captain, Jomel Warrican, Shamar Joseph, Kemar Roach, and Jayden Seales. Pakistan named Azan Awais, Imam-ul-Haq, Abdullah Shafique, Babar Azam as captain, Mohammad Rizwan behind the stumps, Salman Ali Agha, Awais Zafar, Ali Usman, Sajid Khan, Mohammad Ali, and Ubaid Shah in their playing eleven for the contest. As the two sides look to make up for lost time, the coming sessions could prove crucial in determining which team gains the early advantage in this pivotal second Test.

  • | |

    Dylan Sprouse finally reveals how he met wife Barb…

    Dylan Sprouse has opened up about the story behind his first meeting with his wife, model Barbara Palvin, revealing how their relationship began years before they eventually got married. The 34-year-old actor discussed his relationship with Palvin during the Tuesday, August 4 episode of Amanda Hirsch’s Not Skinny But Not Fat podcast. Sprouse looked back on their first encounter in 2017 and shared details about how the pair initially crossed paths. Sprouse and Palvin have now been married for three years, but their romance did not begin with an immediate relationship. Instead, their first meeting happened through a professional connection that eventually developed into something much more personal. How Dylan and Barbara first met During the podcast appearance, Sprouse explained that he first met Palvin after being introduced to her through mutual connections. At the time, the two were beginning to get to know each other, although neither could have known that the meeting would eventually lead to marriage. Sprouse recalled being interested in Palvin from the beginning, but their relationship developed gradually. The actor has previously described their early connection as something that grew naturally rather than happening overnight. Palvin, meanwhile, has also spoken about their early relationship and the way they stayed connected after meeting. Their romance eventually became public in 2018, when the pair began appearing together at events and sharing glimpses of their relationship with fans. From dating to marriage After several years together, Sprouse and Palvin took their relationship to the next level. The couple became engaged in 2023 and married later that year in an intimate ceremony in Hungary. The wedding was especially meaningful for Palvin because it took place in her home country. The couple celebrated with family and close friends, keeping many details of the ceremony private. Since getting married, Sprouse and Palvin have continued to support each other’s careers while maintaining a relatively low-key personal life. Although both have major careers in entertainment and fashion, they often choose to keep their relationship away from the constant attention of Hollywood. Looking back at their beginning For Sprouse, revisiting their first meeting offers a glimpse into how an unexpected introduction can eventually become a lasting relationship. What began with a meeting in 2017 ultimately grew into a romance, an engagement and a marriage. Now, nearly a decade after they first crossed paths, Sprouse and Palvin have built a life together while continuing to pursue their individual careers. The actor’s recent comments also give fans a rare look at the early days of a relationship that has remained one of Hollywood’s more enduring celebrity romances.

  • | | |

    Lindsay Clancy psychiatrist ‘surprised’ by sui…

    Lindsay Clancy’s psychiatrist testified in court Monday as her defense lawyer questioned whether warning signs were missed during the Massachusetts mother’s deteriorating mental health in the months before the deaths of her three young children. Dr. Jennifer Tufts, who began treating Clancy in September 2022, faced detailed questioning from defense attorney Kevin Reddington about her approach to treatment, medication decisions and the use of relatively brief video appointments. According to the Associated Press, Reddington argued that Clancy’s mental healthcare may have been inadequate at a time when she was experiencing serious emotional and psychological difficulties. He focused on 25-minute telehealth appointments, computerized clinical forms and the numerous medications prescribed as Clancy reported different symptoms and side effects. During questioning, Reddington challenged Tufts over whether Clancy should have received more intensive or in-person care. When asked why she did not recommend that Clancy meet her face-to-face instead of continuing with video appointments, Tufts said she did not believe there was a problem with providing treatment through telehealth. The psychiatrist also told jurors she was “surprised” to learn that Clancy had contacted a suicide hotline twice while receiving treatment. Tufts said Clancy had denied experiencing suicidal thoughts during their treatment, although she acknowledged that she had been “close to feeling suicidal.” Reddington highlighted an appointment roughly two months before Clancy strangled her children, asking the psychiatrist what she had done after Clancy described feeling hopeless. Tufts responded that she had reassured Clancy that there was hope and that treatment options and different programs were available. She said her goal was to make Clancy understand that she still had options and reasons to hope. Reddington highlighted an appointment roughly two months before Clancy strangled her children, asking the psychiatrist what she had done after Clancy described feeling hopeless. Tufts had previously testified for prosecutors that Clancy initially sought treatment because of anxiety and had raised concerns about medication side effects. Court records indicate that Clancy was prescribed more than a dozen psychiatric medications through multiple healthcare providers before the killings. The testimony is part of the ongoing trial involving Clancy, whose case has drawn significant attention because of the deaths of her three children. The defense continues to examine the care she received and whether her mental health deterioration was properly recognized and addressed before the tragedy. As the trial continues, jurors are expected to hear further testimony about Clancy’s mental state, treatment history and the circumstances surrounding the deaths of her children.

  • | |

    UK lawmaker seeks court order against Grok over fake sexualised images

    LONDON: A British lawmaker has asked a London High Court to order Elon Musk’s xAI to prevent its Grok chatbot from generating manipulated sexualised images of her without consent. Labour lawmaker Jess Asato filed the case against xAI, alleging misuse of private information and breaches of data protection laws. She is seeking permanent technical measures that would stop Grok from producing altered images of her. Asato said fake content featuring her had been created after she publicly criticised Musk and Grok. She previously said one manipulated video depicted her being drugged and prepared for a sexual assault. Her lawyers argue that the design and training of Grok enabled users to generate sexualised material involving real people. They say the case could have wider implications for artificial intelligence developers and the way privacy and data protection laws apply to AI platforms. Court documents cited by Asato’s legal team reportedly refer to internal instructions given to Grok. Her lawyers claim the system contained safeguards against assisting users involved in criminal activity but had fewer restrictions concerning adult sexual and offensive content. Asato’s lawyer, Ravi Naik, argued that the platform’s behaviour reflected decisions made by its developers. He said those decisions should have legal consequences if the system fails to comply with privacy and data protection requirements. The lawsuit comes amid growing international criticism over AI-generated sexualised images. Critics have raised concerns that such technology can be used to create non-consensual material involving women and other individuals without their knowledge. xAI previously introduced restrictions on image editing in Grok. The company said it had blocked certain requests involving people in revealing clothing where such content was illegal. However, subsequent investigations found that the safeguards did not always prevent users from generating sexualised images of people, including when users indicated that the subjects had not given consent. The controversy has also triggered legal action in other jurisdictions. Baltimore filed a lawsuit against xAI over allegedly manipulated sexualised images generated using Grok. Other cases have also emerged in the United States and the Netherlands. Grok is available through Musk’s social media platform X. The AI chatbot has faced regulatory scrutiny in several countries over its image-generation capabilities. Asato’s case could therefore become an important test of whether AI companies can be held legally responsible for harmful manipulated content generated by their systems. xAI had not immediately responded to requests for comment on the allegations. The company had also not filed a response to the lawsuit at the time of the report.

  • | |

    AIOU recruitment process declared non transparent …

    Islamabad: A controversy has emerged over the recruitment process of Allama Iqbal Open University (AIOU) after the Wafaqi Mohtasib declared that the selection process for senior academic positions lacked transparency and directed the university to cancel appointments and repeat the process. The decision came after a complaint filed by a female complainant, who challenged her exclusion from the shortlist for Professor and Associate Professor positions despite claiming she met the required eligibility criteria. The Wafaqi Mohtasib, after reviewing documents and hearing both sides, concluded that maladministration was established and stated that serious questions were raised about the transparency of the selection process. The Ombudsman referred the matter to the Vice Chancellor of AIOU with directions to cancel the appointments and conduct the recruitment process again according to proper procedures. The controversy relates to faculty recruitment advertisements issued by AIOU for Professor and Associate Professor positions. According to the findings, AIOU advertised several academic positions on 15 September 2024, and received a large number of applications. Officials informed that 388 applications were received for 25 advertised Professor and Associate Professor positions. The university introduced an Internal Assessment Framework to shortlist candidates before sending applications for further evaluation. According to AIOU, the decision was taken because evaluating hundreds of academic files through experts would create major financial and administrative difficulties. Officials estimated that external evaluation of dossiers could cost around Rs26 million. Under the new system, eligible candidates were assessed through multiple stages including vision statement, leadership assessment, psychological assessment, teaching demonstration and screening interview. The assessment was conducted out of 50 marks, and 24 candidates were recommended for further selection stages. However, the female complainant was not recommended for any position. The female complainant challenged the process, arguing that the university changed recruitment procedures after the hiring process had already started. She claimed that according to the original recruitment rules, eligible candidates were required to appear before the Selection Board and that the introduction of an Internal Assessment as an elimination stage had no legal basis. She also argued that she was not properly informed about all stages of the assessment process. The complainant stated that she was informed about teaching demonstration and leadership assessment but was not informed about psychological assessment and screening interview. The complaint also raised concerns over fair hearing rights, claiming that she was excluded from the final process without written reasons or an opportunity to explain her position. Another serious issue raised was the timing of the Selection Board meeting. The complainant claimed that the Selection Board meeting took place on 10 April 2026, a public holiday, and that the approval process and appointment letters were completed unusually quickly on the same day. She questioned whether the process was properly transparent. She argued that recruitment rules and selection criteria should not be changed after the recruitment process has started. The Ombudsman examined the matter and found that the selection process did not appear transparent. The findings stated that several questions raised by the complainant required attention and that the recruitment process showed signs of maladministration. AIOU officials had defended the process, saying the Internal Assessment Framework was approved by the university’s Executive Council and applied to the advertised positions. They said the system was designed to identify the most competitive candidates while reducing time and financial burden. The case now requires AIOU to report compliance with the Ombudsman’s decision within the given period. The controversy has raised broader questions about transparency, fairness and recruitment procedures in public sector universities, where senior academic appointments directly affect the quality of education.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *