ariana grande takes
| |

Ariana Grande takes legal action after alleged the…

Ariana Grande is taking a firm stand against the unauthorized leaks of her unreleased music and private creative materials. The Grammy-winning singer has filed a lawsuit against unidentified individuals, accusing them of orchestrating a years-long hacking campaign that targeted people within her professional circle and resulted in the release of confidential content never meant for the public. 

According to court documents filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court on July 27, Grande’s lawsuit names John Doe 1 and John Does 2 through 100 as defendants. The singer alleges that the individuals illegally accessed digital accounts belonging to photographers, producers and other close collaborators through phishing schemes and other hacking methods. The complaint claims the hackers stole unreleased songs, photographs, videos and audio recordings documenting Grande’s creative process. 

Grande’s legal team argues that the stolen files were never intended for public release and that some of the material was sold on the dark web for significant amounts of money. The lawsuit further claims that 45 unreleased songs were leaked in 2023 alone and that hundreds of similar leaks have affected the singer since the beginning of her music career in 2011. According to the complaint, the repeated breaches have caused “substantial and irreparable harm” to both her career and her personal privacy. 

The singer is not only seeking damages but is also asking the court to help identify the anonymous individuals behind the alleged cyberattacks. By obtaining subpoenas, her legal team hopes to trace the hackers’ digital footprints and hold them accountable for what the lawsuit describes as an unlawful invasion of privacy and intellectual property theft. 

A source close to Grande told People that the legal action goes beyond her personal case. The source said the lawsuit is intended to protect artists’ rights and discourage future attacks on musicians and other creators. “Artists deserve the right to control how and when their art is shared with the world,” the source said, emphasizing that unauthorized leaks undermine the creative process. 

Grande has previously spoken out against music leaks. In a 2024 interview, she warned those responsible for leaking her unreleased song “Fantasize” that there would be consequences, famously saying, “I’ll see you in jail, literally.” Her latest lawsuit demonstrates that she is now following through on that warning. 

As the legal battle unfolds, Grande’s case highlights the growing challenges artists face in protecting their work in the digital age. The outcome could have wider implications for how the entertainment industry combats cybercrime, safeguards unreleased content and defends creators’ rights in an increasingly connected world. 

Similar Posts

  • | | |

    Kot Addu canal tragedy leaves 12 dead, three missi…

    KOT ADDU: A devastating tragedy unfolded in Kot Addu after a loader rickshaw carrying members of a wedding procession fell into the Muzaffargarh Canal, leaving at least 12 people dead and three others missing. The incident has plunged several families into mourning. Children and women are among those who lost their lives in the accident. Rescue 1122 teams from Kot Addu and Muzaffargarh reached the site soon after receiving information about the incident. A search and rescue operation was launched in the canal. Rescuers used boats, scuba-diving equipment and other available resources to search for the victims. Several bodies were recovered during the operation, bringing the death toll to 12. Three people remain missing. Rescue officials said divers are continuing to search different sections of the canal. Rescue boats are also being used to cover wider areas. According to a list provided by Rescue 1122, those who died included 14-year-old Dalaur, seven-year-old Muneeb, 58-year-old Sakina Bibi, 15-year-old Sameera Bibi, nine-year-old Raju, seven-year-old Muhammad Sibtain, 11-year-old Zareef, 35-year-old Iqbal Bibi, 13-year-old Kaleemullah, 12-year-old Muhammad Jalal, five-year-old Muhammad Ali and Muhammad Saeem. The large number of children among the victims has added to the grief surrounding the tragedy. Families who had set out to attend a wedding were suddenly confronted with an unimaginable loss. Homes that were preparing for celebrations are now filled with mourning. The families of the three missing people are facing severe distress. Relatives have gathered near the site and are waiting for information about their loved ones. Minute Mirror observed that Bashir Mashori, an elderly uncle and relative of the affected family, was deeply grieved over the situation. As the senior family member, Mashori expressed profound sorrow and called for assistance for the victim’s family during this difficult time. Residents have expressed concern over the scale of the tragedy and called for a coordinated rescue effort involving all relevant departments. Local residents and affected families have urged the Punjab government to take immediate notice of the incident and ensure that every available resource is used to locate the missing people. They have called for additional divers, modern search equipment and more rescue resources to be sent to the site. Residents have also demanded the involvement of the police, district administration, irrigation authorities, Provincial Disaster Management Authority and other relevant departments in the search operation. They said a tragedy involving the loss of 12 lives requires a coordinated response beyond routine district-level efforts. The affected families have appealed to Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz and senior provincial officials to ensure that the search for the three missing people continues without interruption. They have also called for an investigation into the circumstances that led to the rickshaw falling into the canal. The families and residents said determining the cause of the accident is essential to prevent similar incidents in the future. Instead of helping the victims, some people were seen making videos and TikTok content at the scene. Such behaviour has drawn criticism and was described as deeply shameful and insensitive toward those affected. Rescue 1122 teams continue to search different sections of the Muzaffargarh Canal using divers, boats and other available equipment.

  • | |

    Vincent Pastore’s funeral plans announced

    Funeral arrangements for veteran American actor Vincent Pastore, best known for his role in HBO’s acclaimed crime drama The Sopranos, have been announced following his death at the age of 80. The actor will be laid to rest later this week in New Rochelle, New York, according to details shared by one of his longtime friends. The funeral plans were confirmed by Stephen Villano, a longtime friend of the late actor, in comments to TMZ on Sunday, August 2. Pastore was found dead in his apartment in the Bronx on Saturday. He was 80 years old. News of the actor’s passing was also confirmed by his manager, Robert Altman, who released a statement to People magazine remembering Pastore as a warm and generous person who deeply valued his fans. Altman said: “He treated everyone with warmth and respect, never turning down a fan who wanted a photograph or an autograph. He genuinely appreciated the people who supported him and always made them feel valued.” The tribute reflected the reputation Pastore built throughout his decades-long career, with many colleagues and admirers describing him as approachable both on and off screen. Born in 1946 into an Italian-American family, Pastore became widely recognised for his work in television and film, although his portrayal in The Sopranos remains his most celebrated role. The HBO series is widely regarded as one of the greatest television dramas ever produced and helped establish Pastore as a familiar face among audiences around the world. In addition to his television work, the actor appeared in several notable films during his career, including Goodfellas, Men of Respect, The Jerky Boys: The Movie, and Gotti. Following the announcement of his death, tributes began pouring in from friends, colleagues and fans across social media. Among those paying tribute was Jamie-Lynn Sigler, who played Meadow Soprano in The Sopranos. The actress shared a black-and-white photograph of Pastore on Instagram along with a heartfelt message remembering her former co-star. She wrote: “A wonderful actor, a kind and loving man.” Her tribute echoed the sentiments expressed by many members of the entertainment industry, who remembered Pastore not only for his memorable performances but also for his kindness and generosity away from the cameras. Throughout his career, Pastore earned admiration for bringing authenticity and charisma to every role he played. Whether appearing in crime dramas or feature films, he became known for portraying tough yet deeply human characters that resonated with audiences. His death marks the loss of another beloved member of The Sopranos cast, a series that continues to influence television storytelling decades after its original run. Vincent Pastore’s funeral will take place later this week in New Rochelle, New York, where family, friends and loved ones are expected to gather to celebrate his life and remarkable career. He leaves behind a lasting legacy through his memorable performances and the countless fans whose lives he touched throughout his decades in the entertainment industry.

  • | |

    ‘The Odyssey’ earns $264 million in global opening

    LOS ANGELES: Director Christopher Nolan’s latest epic, The Odyssey, has made a powerful debut at the global box office, earning $264.1 million during its opening weekend and becoming one of the biggest film launches of the year. The historical fantasy collected $124.5 million from the United States and Canada, while international markets contributed the remaining earnings. The film secured the top position at both the domestic and worldwide box office during its first weekend in cinemas. Based on the ancient Greek epic poem by Homer, The Odyssey stars Matt Damon as the legendary warrior Odysseus, who faces a dangerous journey home after the Trojan War. The story follows his encounters with mythical creatures, powerful gods, deadly storms and personal tragedy. The film marks Christopher Nolan’s first directorial project since the Oscar-winning success of Oppenheimer. Industry analysts say the strong opening reflects the director’s global popularity and the high expectations surrounding his latest production. Produced with a reported budget of $250 million, the film has already recovered a significant portion of its production costs in its opening weekend. It also received an A CinemaScore from audiences and a 97 percent audience rating on Rotten Tomatoes, indicating an overwhelmingly positive response from moviegoers. The film has become the third-biggest global opening of Nolan’s career after adjusting for inflation, trailing only The Dark Knight Rises and The Dark Knight. Large-format screenings played a major role in the film’s success. Nearly half of North American audiences chose premium viewing formats, with a significant number opting for IMAX screenings. Strong demand led several cinemas to add late-night and early-morning shows to accommodate moviegoers. Advance ticket sales also reached record levels, reflecting months of anticipation ahead of the film’s release. Cinema operators reported exceptional demand from fans eager to experience Nolan’s latest visual spectacle on the biggest screens available. With its impressive opening performance, The Odyssey has strengthened Christopher Nolan’s reputation as one of Hollywood’s most successful filmmakers and is expected to remain a major attraction at the global box office in the coming weeks.

  • |

    Delani century gives Sri Lanka 1-0 lead against Pakistan

    DAMBULLA: A sensational unbeaten century from opener Ameesha Delani powered Sri Lanka Women to a commanding six-wicket victory over Pakistan Women in the opening T20 International of the three-match series on Friday, overshadowing impressive batting performances from Pakistan captain Muneeba Ali and Shawaal Zulfiqar. After winning the toss, Sri Lanka elected to bowl first, allowing Pakistan to make a confident start. Captain Muneeba Ali led from the front with a blistering 42 off just 24 balls, striking nine boundaries during a 66-run opening partnership that gave the visitors early momentum. Following Muneeba’s dismissal, Shawaal Zulfiqar anchored the innings with a composed 63 runs, while Iman Nasir contributed 21 during a valuable 61-run stand for the second wicket. However, Pakistan lost wickets at regular intervals in the closing overs and finished on 176 for 7 from their allotted 20 overs. For Sri Lanka, Kavisha Dilhari claimed two wickets, while Kavya Kavindi, Sugandika Kumari and Chamudi Praboda picked up one wicket each to restrict Pakistan from crossing the 180-run mark. In reply, Sri Lanka produced an even stronger batting display. Opener Ameesha Delani stole the spotlight with a magnificent unbeaten 101, combining aggressive stroke play with calm composure to guide her team to victory with an over to spare. Sri Lankan captain Chamari Athapaththu provided excellent support with 39 runs as the hosts comfortably chased down the 177-run target, finishing on 177 for 4 in 19 overs. Pakistan’s bowlers struggled to contain the Sri Lankan batters despite efforts from Nashra Sandhu, who claimed two wickets. Humna Bilal and Umm-e-Hani took one wicket each but were unable to prevent the hosts from taking a 1-0 lead in the series. The defeat leaves Pakistan needing a strong response in the second T20I, scheduled for August 2, to keep the series alive before the final match on August 4. Sri Lanka, meanwhile, will head into the next game full of confidence after a dominant all-round performance led by Delani’s match-winning century.

  • | |

    SBP reserves fall $229m, gold prices rise

    The State Bank of Pakistan’s (SBP) foreign exchange reserves fell by $229 million in the week ending July 24, 2026, to $17.03 billion, mainly due to external debt repayments. Pakistan’s total liquid foreign exchange reserves stood at $22.4 billion during the week. The SBP held $17.03 billion, while commercial banks maintained net reserves of around $5.4 billion. Meanwhile, the Pakistani rupee edged up against the US dollar, closing at Rs277.81 in the interbank market on Thursday compared with Rs277.82 a day earlier. The dollar remained stable in early Asian trading after the US Federal Reserve kept interest rates unchanged. Gold prices in Pakistan also increased, following gains in international markets. The All-Pakistan Gems and Jewellers Sarafa Association said the price of 24-carat gold rose by Rs1,000 to Rs427,436 per tola. The price of 10 grams increased by Rs857 to Rs366,457. Internationally, spot gold gained 0.8% to $4,098.98 per ounce, while US gold futures for August delivery rose 1.4% to $4,097.70. The Federal Reserve maintained its current interest rates on Wednesday, while softer US inflation data reduced market expectations of a rate hike in September. Analysts, however, warned that the ongoing conflict in the Middle East could put renewed pressure on inflation. Silver prices moved lower in the domestic market, declining by Rs76 to Rs6,215 per tola. Interactive Commodities Director Adnan Agar said the gold market remained range-bound. Bullion traded between $4,028 and $4,120 before settling near $4,107, which he described as a “danger zone.”

  • Three Foreign Tourists Die in Separate Southern Thailand Water Incidents

    PHANG NGA – Three foreign tourists—a South Korean snorkeler, a British national, and a Russian visitor—have died in separate water-related incidents in southern Thailand over three consecutive days, raising renewed concerns over tourist safety in popular coastal destinations. Saudi tourist rescued after 5 hours in the sea off the coast of Pattaya The first incident […]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *