public projects peoples
| |

Public projects are people’s right, not a gift: …

ISLAMABAD, July 26: Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari has said that facilities and development projects built for the public should not be described as gifts. He said these projects are the people’s right.

In a video statement, Bilawal said people were being told about promises involving buses, roads and airports. He welcomed every project aimed at improving public facilities.

He said he would welcome every new bus service. He would also welcome every road, hospital and airport built for the people.

However, Bilawal stressed that such facilities should not be presented as gifts to the public. He said the people have a right to better transport, healthcare, roads and other basic services.

The PPP chairman said his party had also taken practical steps instead of making only promises. He claimed that around 3,000 new employment opportunities had been created through PPP initiatives.

Bilawal also spoke about Mirpur Airport. He said he had personally worked to secure funds for the airport in the previous budget.

He said the allocation was made during the budget process to support the airport project. He presented the initiative as part of efforts to improve facilities for the people of the region.

Bilawal also criticised his political opponents while discussing development work in Azad Jammu and Kashmir.

He said it appeared that Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz leaders Nawaz Sharif and Maryam Nawaz were standing with their minister.

The PPP chairman also referred to a stadium where his political opponents had recently addressed a gathering. He said the stadium was constructed during a previous PPP government.

Bilawal said his focus was not limited to development projects. He said he wanted the people of Kashmir to receive their fundamental political and economic rights.

He specifically mentioned the right to governance, ownership and employment.

According to Bilawal, providing these rights to the people would be more important than announcing development projects as gifts.

He said people should have ownership over the resources and development of their region. They should also have access to employment opportunities.

Bilawal maintained that governments must fulfil their responsibilities towards citizens. Public infrastructure, he said, should be viewed as an entitlement.

He added that roads, hospitals, transport services and airports are built using public resources. Therefore, they should not be used as political gifts.

Similar Posts

  • | | |

    Two Israeli soldiers killed in southern Lebanon bl…

    Beirut: The Israeli military has confirmed that two of its soldiers were killed during operations in southern Lebanon, underscoring the continued volatility along the Israel-Lebanon border as cross-border hostilities show little sign of easing. In a statement issued on Wednesday, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) identified the slain personnel as Major Harel Baron Stock, 34, a commander, and Sergeant Major Tamir Vaknin, 33. The military said both were killed in an explosion that occurred in the Lebanese town of Majdal Zoun, near the border. The IDF added that four other soldiers were seriously wounded in the same incident. The injured personnel were evacuated to nearby hospitals, where they are receiving medical treatment. Israeli authorities did not immediately provide further details on the nature of the explosion or whether it was caused by an explosive device or another form of attack. The incident comes amid continuing Israeli military operations across southern Lebanon, where strikes have intensified in recent months. The border region has witnessed repeated exchanges of fire, increasing fears of a broader escalation that could further destabilize the Middle East. Lebanese media have reported extensive damage in several southern districts following ongoing Israeli attacks. Large numbers of residents have been displaced, although many families have recently begun returning to their homes despite widespread destruction in affected areas. Security analysts say the latest casualties highlight the dangers faced by troops operating in the tense border zone, where military activity and intermittent clashes continue to pose risks to both soldiers and civilians. The deaths of the two Israeli soldiers are likely to renew attention on the fragile security situation along the Israel-Lebanon frontier, as diplomatic efforts to reduce tensions remain limited. With military operations continuing on both sides, concerns persist that any major incident could trigger a wider regional confrontation, further complicating an already volatile conflict.

  • |

    Hina Khan reveals cancer battle tested her marriage deeply

    Indian television actress Hina Khan has opened up about the difficult impact her cancer diagnosis had on her relationship with longtime partner Rocky Jaiswal, revealing that her health battle made her reconsider their future together. Hina and Rocky had known each other for nearly 13 years before taking their relationship to the next level. The couple eventually married in an intimate ceremony in June 2025, during a particularly challenging period in Hina’s life as she was undergoing treatment for stage 3 breast cancer. Speaking about their relationship, Hina admitted that her diagnosis brought an enormous amount of uncertainty into their lives. Rather than questioning Rocky’s commitment, she found herself worrying about whether she could still give him the life and happiness he deserved. The actress revealed that she even encouraged Rocky to move on and consider marrying someone else. According to Hina, she made the suggestion several times because she feared that her illness could permanently change different aspects of their lives. “We are not in that space where we fight; we have been in real-life crises,” Hina explained while discussing their relationship. She recalled telling Rocky that he should marry someone else, believing that he should not feel obligated to stay with her because of her health struggles. For Hina, the decision was not an attempt to test Rocky’s love or loyalty. Instead, she said it came from a genuine desire to ensure that he could have the future he wanted, even if that future did not include her. Her cancer journey brought emotional and physical challenges, but Rocky remained a constant source of support. Hina acknowledged that his presence played a major role in helping her cope with one of the most difficult periods of her life. “Anyone who was around me then knew that I was able to get through that time only because of him,” she shared, adding that Rocky made the difficult circumstances appear much easier than they actually were. Despite Hina’s repeated attempts to convince him to move forward without her, Rocky chose to remain by her side. He supported her throughout her cancer treatment and stood with her through the uncertainty surrounding her health. The couple ultimately married while Hina was still battling cancer, turning their relationship into a story of commitment and resilience during an exceptionally challenging chapter. Hina’s revelations offer a deeply personal look at how serious illness can affect not only an individual but also the relationships surrounding them. While she feared that her condition might prevent Rocky from experiencing the life he deserved, his decision to stay demonstrated his willingness to face the difficult circumstances alongside her. Their journey highlights the strength of a relationship when both partners choose to stand together during moments of uncertainty. For Hina, Rocky’s unwavering support became an important part of her ability to navigate her cancer battle, while their marriage marked another significant chapter in their 13-year journey together.

  • New Thai Law Mandates Cannabis Shops Convert to Full Clinics

    BANGKOK – Thailand’s cannabis regulatory landscape is undergoing a major transformation, with all licensed cannabis shops now required to convert into full-fledged medical clinics under a new government decree. The move aims to restrict cannabis use strictly to medical purposes and imposes rigorous operational and staffing standards on existing businesses. Thailand to Review Cannabis Regulations […]

  • |

    DC approves Rs4.14 billion District Health Authority budget for FY2026-27

    GUJRAT: Deputy Commissioner and Administrator District Health Authority (DHA) Gujrat Noor-ul-Ain Qureshi has approved a budget of more than Rs4.14 billion for the District Health Authority for the financial year 2026-27, with the largest allocation earmarked for salaries of healthcare workers and a significant share reserved for the uninterrupted supply of medicines in government health facilities. The budget was approved during a meeting chaired by the deputy commissioner at her office on Wednesday. The meeting was attended by Chief Executive Officer Health Dr Syed Atta ul Munim, Deputy Director Budget Health, and other relevant officials, who reviewed the proposed allocations and expenditure plan for the upcoming fiscal year. According to officials, the total approved budget stands at Rs4,141,211,000, covering salaries, medicines, utilities, contractual staff payments, recruitment and repair of health facilities across the district. Officials informed the meeting that Rs3.274 billion has been allocated for salaries and allowances of doctors, nurses, paramedics and other employees serving in the district health system. The allocation constitutes the largest portion of the annual budget and is aimed at ensuring uninterrupted payment of salaries to healthcare staff working in hospitals and primary healthcare facilities. A sum of Rs400 million has been reserved for the procurement and uninterrupted supply of medicines to government healthcare institutions, including the District Headquarters Hospital, Tehsil Headquarters Hospitals, Rural Health Centres (RHCs), Basic Health Units (BHUs) and other public health facilities operating under the District Health Authority. The meeting was further informed that Rs104 million has been allocated for the payment of electricity, gas, water and other utility bills to ensure smooth functioning of health institutions across the district. An additional Rs60 million has been earmarked for payments to doctors serving under the lump-sum pay package, enabling the authority to continue services in facilities where contractual medical professionals are performing duties. Officials also briefed the meeting that the remaining funds would be utilised for Expanded Programme on Immunisation (EPI) recruitments, repair and rehabilitation of healthcare facilities, and other operational requirements aimed at strengthening service delivery throughout the district. Deputy Commissioner Noor-ul-Ain Qureshi directed the health authorities to ensure transparent utilisation of public funds and stressed that every allocation should directly contribute to improving healthcare services for citizens. She emphasised the need for strict financial discipline and instructed officers to closely monitor expenditure throughout the financial year. The meeting also reviewed priority areas requiring financial support and discussed measures to maintain uninterrupted healthcare services in both urban and rural areas of the district. The approval of the annual budget comes as the District Health Authority seeks to improve service delivery, maintain essential medical supplies and address operational needs across Gujrat’s public healthcare network. Officials expressed confidence that timely release and efficient utilisation of funds would help strengthen healthcare services and improve access to treatment for residents across the district during the 2026-27 fiscal year.

  • | |

    Joe Marler defends Prince Harry after backlash ove…

    Former rugby star Joe Marler has spoken out about the criticism surrounding Prince Harry’s recent podcast appearance, revealing that he was initially nervous about interviewing the Duke of Sussex because of the divided public opinion surrounding him. Prince Harry appeared on the Joe Marler Will See You Now podcast last month during a visit to the UK. His relaxed and cheerful appearance attracted attention, with some observers suggesting that viewers were seeing a more familiar side of the Duke. The interview also sparked criticism over certain moments, including Harry reportedly introducing himself as the “Prince of England.” Questions were also raised about the protocols surrounding his and Meghan Markle’s public appearances. Speaking to The Mirror, Marler said he had expected the interview to attract backlash but explained that meeting Harry in person quickly changed his perspective. He said he was already supportive of the Duke but became even more convinced after seeing how casually Harry interacted with the podcast team. Marler recalled that Harry entered the room without any ceremony, greeted everyone warmly and hugged him and co-host Jake. According to the former rugby player, the atmosphere quickly became relaxed, making it feel like they were simply talking to an ordinary person. Marler said he was prepared for criticism over the interview but did not want the possibility of backlash to prevent them from being genuine during their conversation. His latest comments further underline his support for Harry despite the continued controversy surrounding the Duke. Moreover, Prince Harry is once again facing sharp criticism from royal commentators. The backlash follows his defeat in a High Court privacy case against Associated Newspapers on July 7. Royal broadcaster Neil Sean weighed in on the mounting pressure surrounding the Duke of Sussex. He suggested much of the current turmoil is self-inflicted, pointing out that Harry has effectively made his struggles public for the world to see. Sean went further, describing Harry as someone visibly on edge right now. He questioned whether the prince’s current mindset appeared healthy given everything unfolding around him. According to Sean, the court defeat has left Harry navigating a genuinely difficult situation largely on his own. He suggested the fallout from the case has affected Harry far more deeply than he’d likely admit publicly. Sean noted that this marks unfamiliar territory for Harry, who has typically had support systems, like a private secretary, to help manage this kind of crisis. He said the experience of realising not everything he touches turns out successfully has clearly been difficult for him to process. Beyond the reputational damage, financial concerns are also mounting. Commentator Mark Dolan did not hold back, describing the situation as a full-blown financial disaster for the prince. Dolan estimated Harry could be facing costs anywhere between $10 million and $20 million as a result of the case. He said even a conservative estimate of $10 million would essentially wipe out all the money Harry earned from his memoir, “Spare.” Dolan raised pointed questions about whether Harry actually has the funds to cover those costs. He also wondered how Meghan Markle might be reacting to the situation, and what Harry’s next move could realistically look like. According to Dolan, the scale of the financial fallout makes this a defining moment for Harry, describing it as an existential crisis for the prince. With both reputational and financial pressures mounting simultaneously, commentators suggest this latest setback could prove especially difficult for Harry to recover from.

  • |

    Lahore receives heavy rain, three killed in roof c…

    Lahore experienced heavy monsoon rains on Saturday, with three people losing their lives and eight others injured in roof collapse incidents across the city. According to the Water and Sanitation Agency, the highest rainfall was recorded in Sagian at 143 millimetres, followed by Farrukhabad at 141 millimetres, Paniwala Talab at 129 millimetres, Airfield at 106 millimetres, and Lakshmi Chowk at 94 millimetres. The heavy downpour caused waterlogging in low-lying areas, including Davis Road, Shadman, Shah Jamal, and near the Governor’s House, disrupting traffic flow. WASA authorities reported that water had been drained from most low-lying areas, including Lawrence Road, Chowk Nakhuda, Waris Road, Zuhra Road, Naha Road, Karim Hala Ravi Road, Haji Camp, and GPO Chowk. Rescue officials confirmed that in Garhi Shahu Railway Colony, a roof collapse resulted in the deaths of Moin, his wife Noria, and their daughter Fatima, while their other daughter was injured. On Badian Road, a roof collapse injured Aslam, Ahsan, and Mumtaz. In Fibrozpur Road’s Shadab Colony, near Milad Chowk, four people were injured in another roof collapse and were shifted to a hospital for treatment. Lahore Electric Supply Company officials reported that 37 feeders were temporarily affected by the rain but have since been restored. The rain has brought relief to residents after a prolonged dry spell, but authorities remain on high alert to address any potential flooding or rain-related emergencies. The Pakistan Meteorological Department has forecast more rain in the coming days, urging citizens to stay updated with weather forecasts and follow official directives to ensure their safety during the monsoon season. The heavy rain has also impacted daily life, with many roads submerged and traffic at a standstill in several areas. The district administration has been working to clear waterlogged roads and ensure the smooth flow of traffic. Emergency services have been put on high alert to respond to any rain-related incidents. The government has advised citizens to avoid unnecessary travel and to take precautions to protect themselves and their property. The rain, while welcome after a dry spell, has also highlighted the need for improved drainage systems and better urban planning to cope with the annual monsoon season. The authorities have urged citizens to report any waterlogging or emergency situations to the relevant authorities for prompt action. The situation remains under control, but the government continues to monitor the weather conditions and is prepared to respond to any challenges that may arise. The public is advised to remain cautious and follow official guidelines to ensure their safety during the monsoon season. The recent spell of rain serves as a reminder of the importance of preparedness and the need for continued investment in infrastructure to mitigate the impacts of extreme weather events.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *