public projects peoples
| |

Public projects are people’s right, not a gift: …

ISLAMABAD, July 26: Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari has said that facilities and development projects built for the public should not be described as gifts. He said these projects are the people’s right.

In a video statement, Bilawal said people were being told about promises involving buses, roads and airports. He welcomed every project aimed at improving public facilities.

He said he would welcome every new bus service. He would also welcome every road, hospital and airport built for the people.

However, Bilawal stressed that such facilities should not be presented as gifts to the public. He said the people have a right to better transport, healthcare, roads and other basic services.

The PPP chairman said his party had also taken practical steps instead of making only promises. He claimed that around 3,000 new employment opportunities had been created through PPP initiatives.

Bilawal also spoke about Mirpur Airport. He said he had personally worked to secure funds for the airport in the previous budget.

He said the allocation was made during the budget process to support the airport project. He presented the initiative as part of efforts to improve facilities for the people of the region.

Bilawal also criticised his political opponents while discussing development work in Azad Jammu and Kashmir.

He said it appeared that Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz leaders Nawaz Sharif and Maryam Nawaz were standing with their minister.

The PPP chairman also referred to a stadium where his political opponents had recently addressed a gathering. He said the stadium was constructed during a previous PPP government.

Bilawal said his focus was not limited to development projects. He said he wanted the people of Kashmir to receive their fundamental political and economic rights.

He specifically mentioned the right to governance, ownership and employment.

According to Bilawal, providing these rights to the people would be more important than announcing development projects as gifts.

He said people should have ownership over the resources and development of their region. They should also have access to employment opportunities.

Bilawal maintained that governments must fulfil their responsibilities towards citizens. Public infrastructure, he said, should be viewed as an entitlement.

He added that roads, hospitals, transport services and airports are built using public resources. Therefore, they should not be used as political gifts.

Similar Posts

  • PFA deals four food outlets on M-2, imposes Rs3.5m fines

    GUJRANWALA: In one of the largest enforcement drives against food safety violations in recent months, the Punjab Food Authority (PFA) sealed four outlets of national food chains, imposed fines amounting to Rs3.5 million and destroyed more than one maund of substandard and prohibited food ingredients during a major crackdown at the M-2 Sukheki Motorway Service Area. The operation was led by Special Assistant to the Punjab Chief Minister Salma Butt along with Punjab Food Authority Director General Raja Mansoor Ahmad. Five well-known food chains were inspected as part of the campaign aimed at ensuring compliance with food safety standards at one of the province’s busiest motorway service areas. According to the Punjab Food Authority, inspection teams found multiple violations of food hygiene and safety regulations at the inspected outlets. Four national food chain outlets were sealed after authorities detected serious lapses that posed potential risks to public health. Officials said inspection teams found freezers and washing areas in an unhygienic condition, with stagnant foul-smelling water and poor sanitation. Mandatory supply records, return logs and other essential documentation were either incomplete or unavailable. Inspectors also reported widespread insect infestation, while food items and raw materials were found stored directly on the floor in violation of food safety protocols. The authority further noted that bakery products at some outlets were being offered without manufacturing and expiry dates, making it difficult to verify their freshness and safety for consumers. Open drains, poor housekeeping and an overall unhygienic environment were also cited among the violations observed during the inspection. Besides sealing the outlets, the Punjab Food Authority imposed cumulative fines of Rs3.5 million on the violators. More than one maund of substandard and prohibited food ingredients was confiscated and destroyed on the spot to prevent their use or sale. Speaking on the occasion, Punjab Food Authority Director General Raja Mansoor Ahmad said the authority was pursuing a province-wide campaign to eliminate food adulteration and fraudulent practices from the food supply chain. “Our teams are working to block every avenue of food adulteration and fraud across Punjab. Strict monitoring is being carried out from food production to its distribution, and there will be no compromise on quality,” he said. He added that the authority was implementing a zero-tolerance policy against violators under the directives of Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz Sharif. “The sale and distribution of substandard or expired food products will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Enforcement operations will continue to ensure consumers receive safe and hygienic food,” he said. The Punjab Food Authority has intensified inspections across the province in recent months as part of its ongoing efforts to improve food safety standards and strengthen regulatory enforcement at restaurants, bakeries, food chains and processing units.

  • | |

    AJK elections, two polling stations set up in Mult…

    MULTAN: Preparations are in full swing in Multan for the second phase of the Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) elections, with authorities establishing two polling stations to facilitate voters registered in the constituency. According to election officials, the polling stations have been set up for LA-42 Valley-III, where a total of 966 registered voters are expected to cast their ballots. Polling for the second phase of the AJK elections is scheduled to take place on August 2. Police said comprehensive security arrangements have been finalised to ensure a peaceful voting process. A total of 295 police personnel have been deployed at the two polling stations to maintain law and order and provide security for voters, polling staff and election materials. Election authorities said all necessary arrangements are being completed ahead of polling day. Officials confirmed that ballot papers, ballot boxes and other election materials will be delivered to the polling stations before voting begins. The contest in the constituency is expected to be closely watched, with four candidates in the race. The main competition is anticipated between Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) candidate Syed Wajid Ali and Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) candidate Asim Sharif Butt. The second phase of the AJK elections will cover three districts of Muzaffarabad Division as well as 12 refugee seats, making it a key stage in the electoral process. Authorities have urged voters to cooperate with security personnel and follow election rules to ensure a smooth and transparent polling process. Officials expressed confidence that the arrangements in Multan will enable eligible voters to exercise their democratic right in a safe and orderly environment.

  • | |

    Police probe deepens into Mir Raza Ali Khan’…

    Police have intensified their investigation into the death of 25-year-old former Institute of Business Administration (IBA) student and aspiring entrepreneur Mir Raza Ali Khan, saying several pieces of evidence point toward the possibility of suicide. However, investigators have not ruled out other possibilities as key questions remain unanswered. The young businessman was found dead with a gunshot wound to his chest in bushes near Shahi Qila in Gulistan-i-Jauhar, opposite the University of Karachi. His body was recovered two days after he was reported missing from his residence in PECHS. According to investigators, Raza had returned home after closing his business in Bahadurabad before leaving again after collecting a pistol from his office. Before departing, he reportedly left the keys to his house and car, along with his wristwatch and some cash for his mother. Police also found that all data on his iPhone had been deleted before his disappearance. The investigation revealed that he booked an online ride to Gulistan-i-Jauhar. The cab driver told police that Raza requested his favourite song during the journey and paid more than the required fare. CCTV footage reviewed by investigators showed him walking alone after being dropped off, with no one seen accompanying him. Police later recovered his mobile phone after tracing it to a person who inserted a SIM card into the device. The individual was detained, and investigators recovered the phone for forensic examination. Authorities also found the holster of Raza’s pistol hanging from a tree near the location where his body was discovered. However, the firearm used in the incident has not yet been recovered. Investigators believe it may have been taken away by someone passing through the area after the incident. The investigation has further revealed that Raza had been facing significant financial difficulties. Police said he had suffered losses worth millions of rupees through business investments and was under pressure to repay investors. Investigators also learned that he had sought a loan of Rs30 million from one investor, but the request was declined. According to statements recorded by police, the investor claimed Raza had spoken about experiencing disturbing thoughts before his death. His fiancée also told investigators that he had become deeply focused on cryptocurrency investments, particularly Bitcoin. She said she sent him a message on the night of his disappearance, but it was never delivered because his phone had already gone offline. Despite the evidence gathered so far, investigators say three major questions remain unresolved. They are trying to determine why Raza chose the isolated location where his body was found, where the missing pistol is, and why forensic experts did not detect gunshot residue on his hands despite the bullet being fired from close range. Officials noted that the body’s partial decomposition may have affected forensic findings.

  • | |

    Heavy monsoon rains paralyse Lahore, trigger flood…

    Heavy monsoon rains lashed Lahore on Thursday, causing widespread flooding, traffic disruptions and severe inconvenience for residents. Torrential downpours submerged roads, streets and underpasses, bringing routine life in many parts of the provincial capital to a standstill. According to official data, Lahore received 343 millimetres of rainfall over the past 48 hours. The Provincial Disaster Management Authority (PDMA) warned that the second spell of monsoon rains could increase the risk of urban flooding in different parts of the city. Rainwater accumulated at more than 130 locations, affecting both residential and commercial areas. Several major roads, intersections and low-lying neighbourhoods remained submerged for hours, making it difficult for motorists and pedestrians to move around the city. The worst-hit areas included DHA Phases 1 to 5, where standing water disrupted traffic on several important roads. Water also collected on routes connecting Defence Mor, LUMS Road, Main Boulevard DHA, Watain Chowk and Ghazi Chowk, resulting in long traffic jams and slow vehicle movement. Authorities temporarily closed the Ghazi Underpass and Masjid Chowk Underpass after they were flooded. Traffic police diverted vehicles to alternative routes to prevent accidents and reduce congestion. Waterlogging was also reported in Harbanspura, Mall Road, Cooper Road, Lakshmi Chowk and Chouburji Chowk, where drainage teams continued water removal operations. The heavy rainfall exposed weaknesses in the city’s drainage system as rainwater entered houses in several low-lying areas. Residents complained that they were forced to remove water from their homes themselves because drainage operations were unable to reach many affected neighbourhoods quickly. The rain also damaged road infrastructure. Large sinkholes appeared on Canal Road, Johar Town Main Boulevard, Bhekay Wala Mor and Khayaban-e-Firdousi. Traffic police immediately cordoned off the affected sections, diverted vehicles and called in repair teams to secure the damaged roads. PDMA said rain-related incidents across Punjab have so far claimed 21 lives during the ongoing monsoon season, while 154 people have been injured. Most fatalities resulted from building collapses, while others were caused by lightning strikes, electrocution and drowning. Authorities also reported damage to dozens of houses across the province. Following the latest spell of rain, district administrations were directed to remain on high alert and prepare for possible urban flooding and emergency situations. Officials advised citizens to avoid unnecessary travel during heavy rain, stay away from electricity poles, exposed wires and weak buildings, and follow official safety instructions. The Water and Sanitation Agency (WASA) activated emergency drainage operations across Lahore. Disposal stations continued operating at full capacity, while dewatering pumps, heavy machinery and additional staff were deployed to remove rainwater from flooded roads and underpasses. Emergency control rooms also monitored conditions around the clock to coordinate the response.

  • | | |

    Top National Thailand Stories From the Past Week: Death Toll in School Mass Shooting Reaches 9, Chinese Man Gets 46 Years for Military Weapons, and More

    Here is a look at the top NATIONAL Thailand stories, chosen by our Pattaya News/TPN National team, from last week, Monday, August 3rd to Sunday, August 9th. They are not in any particular level of importance but are listed in the order of date of publication. Nonthaburi’s Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department has confirmed a […]

  • | | | |

    25kW solar users exempt from Nepra approval

    The National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (NEPRA) has introduced a major relief for small-scale solar consumers by amending the Solar Regulations 2026. The new changes remove a key regulatory requirement for consumers installing solar systems of up to 25 kilowatts (kW). According to an official notification issued by NEPRA, consumers with solar power systems of up to 25kW will no longer need to obtain prior approval from the regulatory authority before installing or connecting their systems. Instead, the power to grant approvals has now been delegated to the relevant electricity distribution companies (DISCOs). Consumers will be able to complete the approval process directly through their local power utility, eliminating the need to seek separate permission from NEPRA. The amendment is expected to simplify the procedure for residential, commercial and small business consumers who want to switch to solar energy. By reducing regulatory hurdles, the revised framework aims to make the installation process faster, easier and more efficient. Energy experts believe the decision will encourage more consumers to invest in solar power by shortening approval times and reducing paperwork. The move is also expected to support Pakistan’s growing transition towards renewable energy and lessen dependence on conventional electricity sources. The revised regulations are intended to improve access to clean energy while giving electricity distribution companies greater authority to process applications and facilitate small-scale solar projects more quickly.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *