trump orders oneday
| | | | | |

Trump orders one-day pause in Iran strikes as talks continue

US President Donald Trump has reportedly ordered a one-day halt to military strikes against Iran, temporarily interrupting a nearly two-week-long series of attacks, according to reports from US media outlets.

The pause comes as uncertainty remains over whether the decision represents a temporary break in operations or the beginning of a broader ceasefire process. Reports suggest that the US military had been preparing for possible further strikes against Iran, but Trump has not yet approved any new major offensive.

According to US media reports, military plans for continued operations were presented to the president, but Trump instructed officials not to proceed with attacks on that day. The decision marked a significant shift after a period of repeated strikes targeting Iranian positions.

Trump later told reporters that the United States still had the option to continue military action and increase the intensity of attacks if necessary. However, he indicated that pursuing a diplomatic solution could be a more effective strategy.

“The smart strategy is to make a deal,” Trump was reported as saying, adding that Iran appeared to be becoming more serious about discussions while the US remained prepared for possible military action.

The reported pause came as an Omani delegation arrived in Iran for discussions aimed at addressing regional tensions and negotiating a possible agreement related to the reopening of the Strait of Hormuz. Officials suggested that a deal between Iran and Oman could potentially be reached during the weekend, after which the final decision would depend on Washington.

Meanwhile, Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) claimed that Iranian forces had destroyed several US military aircraft and drones during attacks on American bases. The group claimed that 17 drones, an F-15 fighter jet, a P-8 aircraft, a C-17 transport aircraft, and eight refueling planes were destroyed.

The claims from both sides have not been independently verified, and officials have continued to provide competing accounts of the military developments.

The situation remains highly sensitive as regional tensions continue, with diplomatic efforts taking place alongside military preparations. The coming days are expected to determine whether the temporary pause leads to broader negotiations or whether hostilities resume.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    Samantha Morton opens up about losing sister while…

    Actress Samantha Morton has shared heartbreaking news about her personal life, revealing that she is grieving the loss of her sister just over a year after the death of her father. In a candid interview with The Sunday Times, the The Odyssey star spoke about how these recent tragedies have reopened old emotional wounds, saying that trauma is something she continues to live with every day.  Morton, 49, revealed that her sister died on April 22 at the age of 53. She also shared that she is still dealing with the coroner’s process, describing it as another painful chapter in an already difficult period of her life. The actress explained that she lost her biological father around 18 months earlier, making the back-to-back family losses especially challenging.  Speaking openly about her past, Morton reflected on her troubled childhood and the lasting impact it has had on her life. Raised in foster care after growing up with parents who struggled with alcoholism and mental illness, she experienced homelessness and abuse at a young age. According to the actress, those experiences shaped who she is, but they also left emotional scars that never fully disappear. She said, “The past never leaves you,” explaining that trauma becomes part of a person’s life and continues to evolve over time.  Despite everything she has endured, Morton said resilience was never a choice but a necessity. She explained that surviving her childhood required constant strength, adding that every day she wakes up and prays for the ability to keep moving forward. Her honesty has resonated with many fans who admire her willingness to discuss difficult subjects that are often kept private.  Morton’s personal experiences also influenced her performance as Circe in Christopher Nolan’s The Odyssey. She revealed that she drew on the pain suffered by the women in her own family while portraying the powerful character, making the role deeply personal. Critics have praised her emotionally charged performance, with many calling it one of the film’s standout moments.  Throughout her career, Morton has been recognized not only for her acting talent but also for speaking honestly about childhood trauma and the importance of protecting vulnerable children. She has often used her platform to advocate for change while encouraging conversations about healing and survival.  Although she continues to face profound grief, Samantha Morton remains determined to move forward. Her latest interview offers a powerful reminder that healing is rarely straightforward and that even those who appear strong can carry lifelong emotional burdens. By sharing her story with such honesty, the award-winning actress hopes to show that acknowledging pain is not a sign of weakness but an important step toward healing.

  • | |

    Blake Lively shares rare new moments with Ryan Reynolds

    Blake Lively has given fans a glimpse into a special outing with husband Ryan Reynolds, sharing a fresh collection of photographs from their recent appearance at a football match. The actress took to Instagram on Friday, August 7, to post several pictures from their July 30 visit to Yankee Stadium, where they watched Wrexham AFC take on Liverpool. The new images feature the couple enjoying the event together, with Blake and Ryan seen smiling and posing alongside each other. One photograph shows them holding hands while standing together inside the stadium, while another captures Ryan enjoying the match from the crowd. Blake also included pictures featuring friends who joined them for the occasion, giving followers a look at the group’s memorable evening. Alongside the photographs, the actress reflected on the experience and described watching Wrexham play at the iconic stadium as one of the most unforgettable moments of their journey with the football club. She also expressed gratitude to their friends, family and members of the Wrexham community who attended the match and supported the team. Blake gave special recognition to longtime friend and photographer Guy Aroch, who accompanied the group and captured the moments featured in her Instagram post. Aroch responded warmly to the post, expressing his affection for Blake and Ryan and recalling the experience as a memorable occasion spent with family and close friends. The new photographs have attracted attention from fans, particularly because they offer a rare recent glimpse of Blake and Ryan together. The couple, who married in September 2012, have remained one of Hollywood’s most recognisable celebrity pairs. Their appearance at the Wrexham-Liverpool match also highlights their continued connection with Wrexham AFC. Ryan Reynolds is a co-owner of the Welsh football club, which has gained significant international attention in recent years. Blake’s latest post comes weeks after she shared a Father’s Day tribute for Ryan, making the new collection of photographs another affectionate public glimpse into their family life.

  • |

    Noor Bukhari concerned over Moammar Rana’s health crisis

    Noor Bukhari, a well-known former Pakistani film actress and model, has expressed concern over the deteriorating health of veteran actor Moammar Rana, saying she feels deeply saddened by his current condition and believes he needs strong support from his family. Noor began her acting career at a very young age and entered the Pakistani film industry when she was just 14. Over the years, she appeared in numerous successful films and worked with some of the biggest stars of her generation. Her notable projects include Mujhe Chaand Chahiye, Ghar Kab Aao Ge, Uff Yeh Larkiyan, and Main Noor Ka Parastaar Hoon. Alongside acting, she also explored other areas of the entertainment industry, including film direction, music videos and television commercials. The actress also remained in the spotlight because of her personal life and multiple marriages. In recent years, she made a major change in her lifestyle after leaving showbiz and turning towards Islam. She later remarried Aun Chaudhary, the father of her daughter, and has since focused much of her attention on her family and children. Recently, Noor appeared as a guest on Ambreen Fatima’s YouTube talk show, where she spoke openly about Moammar Rana and the concerns surrounding his health and reported alcohol addiction. While discussing the veteran actor, Noor described him as a good-hearted person and said she felt emotional after seeing some of his recent videos circulating on social media. She revealed that watching his reels had brought tears to her eyes because she could not understand how he had reached his current situation. Noor emphasized that Moammar Rana had always been regarded as a major star in the Pakistani film industry. According to her, audiences had seen him at the height of his career and would continue to remember him as a superstar. She expressed sadness that fans were now seeing him in a very different condition. The former actress also highlighted the importance of family support during difficult periods. She suggested that Moammar Rana’s wife and family should play a stronger role in helping him overcome his struggles. Noor said she was not certain about how much support he currently receives from his family, but believed that having loved ones around can make a significant difference when someone is going through a difficult phase. She further expressed her view that the actor may also be dealing with emotional or mental distress, adding another dimension to the concerns surrounding his well-being. Noor’s comments have drawn attention because of her personal experience in the Pakistani entertainment industry and her long-standing association with many prominent film personalities. Her remarks also reflect growing concern among fans over Moammar Rana’s current health and lifestyle. The veteran actor remains a respected name in Pakistani cinema, and Noor’s comments have once again sparked discussion about the importance of family, emotional support and care for public figures facing personal challenges.

  • |

    Oil prices edge lower as hopes rise for possible US-Iran agreement

    LONDON: Global oil prices slipped modestly on Thursday as optimism over a possible agreement between the United States and Iran eased concerns about potential supply disruptions in the Middle East, prompting investors to scale back risk premiums in the energy market. According to Reuters, market sentiment improved after reports of continued diplomatic engagement involving Iran and Oman, raising expectations that negotiations between Washington and Tehran could lead to a breakthrough. Traders believe any progress towards an agreement could help reduce regional tensions and improve the outlook for global oil supplies. Brent crude futures declined by 37 cents, or 0.5 per cent, to $79.08 per barrel, while US West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude fell 53 cents, or 0.7 per cent, to $74.69 per barrel during early trading. The latest decline followed a modest gain in Brent crude during the previous trading session, reflecting continued uncertainty in global energy markets as investors closely monitor diplomatic developments and geopolitical risks. Market analysts said that hopes of a diplomatic settlement between the United States and Iran have encouraged traders to anticipate a more stable supply environment. A successful agreement could help resolve months of heightened tensions and reduce the risk of disruptions to oil exports from the Gulf region. Investors are also watching developments around the Strait of Hormuz, one of the world’s busiest oil shipping routes. Any easing of regional tensions is expected to improve the security of maritime trade and ensure the uninterrupted movement of crude oil, a factor that could put additional downward pressure on prices.

  • |

    Monsoon rains trigger flood warnings across Pakistan

    Persistent monsoon rains continued to lash several parts of Pakistan on Tuesday, triggering fresh flood alerts, increasing river flows, and prompting disaster management authorities to remain on high alert as another spell of rain is expected over the next 24 to 48 hours. According to the Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD), weak monsoon currents are currently affecting the country’s upper and eastern regions, while a westerly weather system continues to influence northwestern areas. The department has forecast humid weather across much of Pakistan, with rain and thunderstorms likely in Kashmir, Gilgit-Baltistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, and upper Punjab through Wednesday. The Flood Forecasting Division (FFD) reported that the Indus River remains in a low flood situation at Kalabagh and Chashma, while water levels in all other major rivers are currently within normal limits or below the low-flood threshold. Authorities believe the overall hydrological situation is expected to remain stable over the next 24 hours, although scattered rainfall in the upper catchments may slightly increase river flows. Chenab River Under Close Watch Officials are closely monitoring the Chenab River after India released additional water from the Baglihar Dam following heavy rainfall in the upper catchment of the river. According to available reports, three spillway gates of the dam were opened on Monday, adding to the two spillways that had already been opened several days earlier, resulting in higher downstream water flows. In response, the FFD has issued a low to medium flood alert for Head Marala during the next 24 hours. The latest hydrological data shows inflows of approximately 93,900 cusecs, while outflows stand at around 76,200 cusecs. Forecasts indicate inflows may range between 80,000 and 100,000 cusecs, with the river expected to remain in the low flood category. Heavy Rainfall Recorded Across the Country During the last 24 hours, widespread rainfall was reported in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Punjab, Balochistan, Gilgit-Baltistan, and Azad Kashmir. Among the highest rainfall recorded by the PMD, Saidu Sharif received 86 millimetres, Kakul 71 millimetres, and Faisalabad 77 millimetres. Meanwhile, Sibbi remained the hottest city in the country with a maximum temperature of 44 degrees Celsius. The FFD’s rainfall monitoring system recorded exceptionally heavy downpours in Faisalabad, where Ghulam Muhammad Abad Water Works received 126 millimetres of rain, while the WASA Head Office recorded 123 millimetres. Significant rainfall was also reported in Lahore, Sialkot, Gujrat, and several surrounding areas. PDMA Warns of Urban Flooding and Landslides Punjab’s Provincial Disaster Management Authority (PDMA) stated that monsoon rains affected most districts of the province over the past day. The authority said advance planning, timely deployment of drainage machinery, and emergency response teams helped clear accumulated rainwater from urban areas despite the heavy showers. The PDMA warned that the current monsoon spell is likely to continue until August 5, with additional rainfall in upper catchment areas expected to increase water levels in eastern rivers and seasonal streams. Authorities have cautioned that urban flooding remains a significant risk in Lahore, Rawalpindi, Gujranwala, Gujrat, Sialkot, Faisalabad, and Multan. At the same time, the possibility of landslides persists in Murree, Galliyat, and other mountainous regions due to continuous rainfall. Authorities Urge Public to Take Precautions Disaster management authorities have established flood relief camps in vulnerable districts to facilitate emergency response if required. Residents living near riverbanks, seasonal streams, and flood-prone areas have been advised to relocate to safer locations as a precaution.

  • |

    MQM-P announces public rallies for protest movement and new province demand

    The Muttahida Qaumi Movement–Pakistan (MQM-P) has unveiled a schedule of public rallies across Karachi and Hyderabad as part of the next phase of its protest movement, primarily focused on pressing its demands, including the creation of a new province. The decision was formalised during a meeting at the party’s Bahadurabad centre, attended by senior leadership including Anis Qaimkhani and central committee member Furqan Ateeb. Under the newly announced schedule, the party will kick off its public demonstrations in Surjani Town on August 9, followed by a second gathering in Orangi Town on August 23. The movement will then expand to Hyderabad on September 11, before concluding this phase of demonstrations with a rally in PIB Town on September 27. In addition to the protest lineup, the party leadership resolved to hold large-scale Independence Day celebrations. Festivities are scheduled to run from August 1 through August 14 across all towns, union councils, educational institutions, colleges, and universities.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *