trump orders oneday
| | | | | |

Trump orders one-day pause in Iran strikes as talks continue

US President Donald Trump has reportedly ordered a one-day halt to military strikes against Iran, temporarily interrupting a nearly two-week-long series of attacks, according to reports from US media outlets.

The pause comes as uncertainty remains over whether the decision represents a temporary break in operations or the beginning of a broader ceasefire process. Reports suggest that the US military had been preparing for possible further strikes against Iran, but Trump has not yet approved any new major offensive.

According to US media reports, military plans for continued operations were presented to the president, but Trump instructed officials not to proceed with attacks on that day. The decision marked a significant shift after a period of repeated strikes targeting Iranian positions.

Trump later told reporters that the United States still had the option to continue military action and increase the intensity of attacks if necessary. However, he indicated that pursuing a diplomatic solution could be a more effective strategy.

“The smart strategy is to make a deal,” Trump was reported as saying, adding that Iran appeared to be becoming more serious about discussions while the US remained prepared for possible military action.

The reported pause came as an Omani delegation arrived in Iran for discussions aimed at addressing regional tensions and negotiating a possible agreement related to the reopening of the Strait of Hormuz. Officials suggested that a deal between Iran and Oman could potentially be reached during the weekend, after which the final decision would depend on Washington.

Meanwhile, Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) claimed that Iranian forces had destroyed several US military aircraft and drones during attacks on American bases. The group claimed that 17 drones, an F-15 fighter jet, a P-8 aircraft, a C-17 transport aircraft, and eight refueling planes were destroyed.

The claims from both sides have not been independently verified, and officials have continued to provide competing accounts of the military developments.

The situation remains highly sensitive as regional tensions continue, with diplomatic efforts taking place alongside military preparations. The coming days are expected to determine whether the temporary pause leads to broader negotiations or whether hostilities resume.

Similar Posts

  • | | |

    Missile hits ship leaving Strait of Hormuz, UK Mar…

    A commercial vessel sailing out of the Strait of Hormuz was struck by a missile, causing damage to its engine and injuring members of its crew, the United Kingdom Maritime Trade Operations (UKMTO) said on Tuesday. The incident has added to growing concerns over maritime security in one of the world’s most strategically important waterways, where tensions have remained high amid the wider conflict involving Iran and regional powers. According to UKMTO, the vessel was hit after leaving the Strait of Hormuz. The missile caused damage to the ship’s engine, while members of the crew were also affected in the attack. Omani coast guard personnel responded to the incident and are providing assistance to the crew, UKMTO said. No further details about the condition of the vessel or the extent of the injuries were immediately available. The agency did not identify who fired the missile. The circumstances surrounding the attack, including the type of missile used and the exact location of the strike, were also not immediately disclosed. The Strait of Hormuz is a critical global shipping route through which a substantial share of the world’s oil supplies passes. Any attack on commercial shipping in or around the waterway can raise concerns about the safety of international trade and energy supplies. The latest incident comes as tensions remain particularly sensitive around the Gulf. Shipping companies and maritime authorities have been closely monitoring developments, with any disruption in the waterway capable of affecting global markets. Meanwhile, Iranian officials have strongly rejected what they describe as repeated claims and threats concerning the Strait of Hormuz. Ibrahim Azizi, chairman of Iran’s parliament’s National Security Commission, criticised US President Donald Trump over his remarks regarding the strategic waterway. In a statement issued from Tehran, Azizi urged Trump to focus on his own security instead of making what he called baseless and endless claims about the Strait of Hormuz. Azizi also made a provocative reference to Trump’s personal safety, saying the US president should think about ensuring his own security. The latest missile strike remains under investigation, and the identity of those responsible has yet to be established. Further information from maritime authorities is expected as officials assess the vessel, crew and circumstances surrounding the attack. For now, the incident has renewed fears that rising regional tensions could spill over into commercial shipping and threaten vessels using one of the world’s busiest energy corridors.

  • |

    Germany pledges justice as Berlin attack shocks nation

    BERLIN, July 26: German authorities have launched a major investigation after a vehicle drove into a crowd near a Pride event in Berlin, killing one person and injuring 16 others. The incident took place late Saturday night in the Tiergarten area, close to Berlin’s Brandenburg Gate. The location was near the route of Christopher Street Day, one of Europe’s largest annual LGBTQ Pride celebrations. Emergency services said eight people were seriously injured. Three of them were in critical condition. Police have identified a man they describe as being known to authorities and linked to the Islamist scene. They released his photograph and appealed to the public for information about his whereabouts. Authorities said the suspect was believed to be around 1.90 metres tall, slim and had black hair. He was reportedly last seen wearing a black hooded top and white trousers. Police have not yet established whether the suspect acted alone. Investigators are also examining reports that more than one person may have left the vehicle after it stopped. Some of those injured reportedly suffered stab wounds, adding another element to the investigation. The vehicle eventually came to a stop after striking a tree in the Tiergarten. Police later found it empty and began searching for the person or people believed to have been involved. The remaining Christopher Street Day activities were cancelled following the attack. German Interior Minister Alexander Dobrindt condemned the incident as a cowardly attack on people who had been peacefully celebrating. He said authorities would work to establish what happened and identify those responsible. Officials have not yet provided a clear motive for the attack. Several details also remain under investigation, including the exact sequence of events and whether more than one person was involved. The incident has also placed additional pressure on Chancellor Friedrich Merz’s coalition government. The attack comes ahead of important state elections and amid a heated political debate over immigration, public security and extremism. Germany’s far-right Alternative for Germany party quickly reacted to the incident. Its leaders called for stronger action against religious extremism and warned against violence and intolerance. Authorities are continuing their search for the suspect. Police have urged anyone with relevant information to contact them as the investigation continues.

  • | |

    Hayden Panettiere’s final moving message comes t…

    Hayden Panettiere’s final public messages are taking on a deeper meaning following the actress’s sudden death at the age of 36. Panettiere, best known for her roles in Heroes, Nashville and the Scream franchise, died on August 16, 2026, her representative confirmed. Her father, Skip Panettiere, also confirmed the devastating news. A cause of death has not been publicly disclosed, and authorities are investigating the circumstances surrounding her death. (ABC News⁠) In the months before her death, Panettiere had become increasingly open about the difficult experiences that shaped her life. Her memoir, This Is Me: A Reckoning, was released in May and explored her struggles with addiction, depression, trauma, abusive relationships and the challenges of motherhood. (ABC News⁠) One of her most moving messages came during an interview while promoting the memoir. Panettiere spoke about surviving some of the darkest periods of her life and finding the strength to continue. She encouraged other people facing difficult circumstances to recognize their own resilience. In a July interview with Momé, she also discussed motherhood and the painful decision that her daughter, Kaya, would primarily live with her father, Wladimir Klitschko. Despite the emotional challenges surrounding that decision, Panettiere offered an uplifting message to other mothers, telling them they were stronger than they realized. (People.com⁠) Her words about the future are especially poignant now. In one of her final interviews, Panettiere expressed optimism about her life and said she believed she still had much more life ahead of her. She also spoke about wanting her experiences to help other people who might be struggling. (The Sun⁠) Her final Instagram post, shared on July 27, showed Panettiere smiling alongside photographer Randall Slavin. The caption, “Good times and good friends,” offered a glimpse of a lighter moment just weeks before her death. (People.com⁠) Panettiere’s life was marked by remarkable professional success as well as deeply personal struggles. She began acting as a child and eventually became internationally known as Claire Bennet on Heroes and Juliette Barnes on Nashville. Her performances earned her widespread recognition, including two Golden Globe nominations for Nashville. (The Guardian⁠) Now, her final words about strength, healing and making a difference have become part of the legacy she leaves behind. For fans, they offer a reminder of the honesty and courage Panettiere showed throughout her life.

  • | |

    Japanese influencer dies by suicide amid online trolling

    A Japanese influencer living in South Korea reportedly died by suicide during a TikTok livestream, following intense online trolling and criticism. According to international media reports, Mina-chan was found dead at her residence in Seoul on August 5 after viewers alerted police during a livestream. Yongsan Police responded to the report and found her body at the scene. Mina-chan was a popular TikTok creator and a fan of K-pop group ENHYPEN. She had around 80,000 followers on the platform. Her younger sister later confirmed her death through a post on Instagram. Reports said Mina-chan had faced criticism on social media after an incident at an ENHYPEN concert in the United States last month. During the event, she reportedly asked the group’s member Sunoo to pass flowers she had brought to another Japanese member, Ni-ki. Following the incident, some fans accused her of crossing boundaries with the group members. She subsequently became the target of criticism and online trolling. On July 31, Mina-chan posted a lengthy apology on X. She said she believed she had taken advantage of Sunoo’s kindness and expressed regret over her actions. She also said that after attending several fan-sign events, she had mistakenly developed the impression that she was particularly close to the members of the group. Despite issuing an apology, reports said the online criticism and abusive comments against her continued.

  • | | |

    AJK officials allege militants among JAAC proteste…

    Authorities in Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) have alleged that militants linked to the banned Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) were present among protesters associated with the Joint Awami Action Committee (JAAC), amid heightened tensions in the region. AJK Information Secretary Muhammad Rashid Hanif said on Tuesday that the presence of armed individuals and suspected militants had raised serious security concerns as the region prepared for the next phases of its electoral process. Hanif said the government’s primary responsibility was to preserve law and order while ensuring the continuation of the democratic process. He claimed that some individuals involved in the demonstrations were not ordinary protesters but had links with militant groups. During his briefing, the official presented footage showing masked and armed men positioned on the roof of a building. He alleged that militant elements were attempting to exploit ordinary citizens and urged residents to keep away from individuals involved in violence. Hanif further claimed that women and children were being used as human shields. He also rejected social media claims portraying the protests as solely a human rights movement, saying state institutions had information about the alleged presence of militants and other armed groups. AJK police spokesperson and Deputy Inspector General Irfan Kashfi said law enforcement agencies would respond to armed individuals as they would to other militant threats. According to Kashfi, the suspects were carrying sophisticated weapons, including automatic firearms, M-4 rifles, submachine guns and AK-47s. He said initial information also suggested that snipers had been involved in attacks on security personnel. The police official said one police officer had been killed while five others sustained injuries during clashes. He added that authorities had arrested a suspected individual in Rawalakot and recovered a military-grade weapon from his possession. Initial information suggested that the suspect was a foreign national and had allegedly been operating as a sniper. Kashfi maintained that security personnel were responding in self-defence and to protect civilians. Authorities were also investigating individuals suspected of facilitating the alleged militants. AJK Prime Minister Faisal Mumtaz Rathore separately accused armed protesters of deliberately creating unrest and said security personnel had been targeted from strategic positions. He urged residents to avoid the demonstrations, alleging that the unrest was intended to provoke a wider confrontation during the election period. Tensions between the AJK administration and the JAAC have intensified over the past month. The committee has raised several demands, including a proposal to abolish 12 seats in the AJK Legislative Assembly.

  • |

    Heavy rains and floods leave 14 dead, thousands displaced in Southern India

    Heavy monsoon rains continued to wreak havoc across southern India, leaving at least 14 people dead and forcing thousands of residents to flee their homes as floods and landslides caused widespread destruction in the states of Kerala and Karnataka. According to local authorities, at least 11 people have lost their lives in rain-related incidents across Kerala since the weekend. The relentless downpours have inundated low-lying areas, damaged homes and roads, and disrupted daily life across several districts. State officials said nearly 7,700 residents have been evacuated from flood-prone areas and shifted to approximately 275 relief camps established across Kerala. Emergency response teams, including disaster management personnel and local volunteers, have been working around the clock to rescue stranded residents and provide food, shelter, and medical assistance. Kerala Chief Minister V. D. Satheesan is scheduled to hold a high-level meeting with district officials on Monday to assess the flood situation and review relief and rehabilitation measures. He stated that cleanup operations have already begun in several areas where floodwaters have started to recede, while authorities continue to monitor regions still at risk. The Kerala State Disaster Management Authority has warned that several parts of the state are expected to experience moderate rainfall accompanied by strong winds, raising concerns that conditions could worsen in vulnerable locations. Residents living near rivers, hillsides, and flood-prone areas have been advised to remain alert and follow official safety instructions. The severe weather has also disrupted education across Kerala. Numerous schools remained closed due to flooding and unsafe travel conditions, while the state government postponed a scheduled teacher recruitment examination to ensure the safety of candidates and staff. Meanwhile, neighboring Karnataka has also suffered significant damage from the monsoon. Heavy rainfall triggered a landslide on Saturday that claimed the lives of three members of the same family—a couple and their son—highlighting the growing threat posed by unstable hillsides during the rainy season. Meteorological officials have warned that monsoon activity is expected to remain active over parts of southern India in the coming days. Disaster management agencies are maintaining a high level of preparedness as rescue teams continue relief efforts and authorities closely monitor rivers, reservoirs, and landslide-prone regions. The annual monsoon season frequently brings heavy rainfall to southern India, but experts say increasingly intense weather events are placing greater pressure on infrastructure, emergency services, and vulnerable communities.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *