salma hayek embraces
| |

Salma Hayek embraces grandmotherhood, shares 1st l…

Hollywood star Salma Hayek has stepped into a new chapter of her life as a grandmother and has given fans a heartwarming first glimpse of her newborn grandson.

The 59-year-old Oscar-nominated actress shared an emotional video on Instagram on Sunday, August 16, showing herself lovingly holding the baby and speaking to him in Spanish.

Hayek revealed that the baby, born to her stepson François Pinault Jr. and his wife Lara Cosima Henckel von Donnersmarck, has been named François. However, the actress said she plans to affectionately call him “Panchito,” a nickname that she says the newborn already seems to enjoy.

“We are blessed to welcome the fourth living generation of Francois,” Hayek wrote alongside the video, expressing her joy over the newest addition to the family.

Hayek shares her 18-year-old daughter Valentina with her husband, François-Henri Pinault. She is also stepmother to Pinault’s three other children, Mathilde, François and Augustin.

Although Hayek only recently made her grandmotherhood public, reports indicate that the baby was born in July. The new parents recently marked their first month as a family, sharing photographs of their baby boy, including sweet moments with Hayek.

The Desperado and Frida star’s latest post has since drawn warm reactions from fans, who celebrated the actress’s joyful new role and the growing Pinault family.

Similar Posts

  • |

    Zelensky alleges Russia shared satellite intelligence with Iran to target US bases

    Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has accused Russia of helping Iran identify US military positions in the Gulf by providing satellite intelligence, adding another layer of tension to the already strained relationship between Moscow, Tehran, and Kyiv. His remarks come as Ukraine and Iran exchange fresh accusations following an attack on an Iranian vessel in the Caspian Sea. In a statement shared on social media, Zelensky claimed that Ukraine had observed increased Russian satellite monitoring of Gulf countries and American military installations since the beginning of July. According to him, the satellite images were later used by Iran, with a noticeable connection between the timing of the surveillance and Iranian attacks. He alleged that the imagery was gathered before strikes to assist with planning and then again afterward to evaluate the extent of the damage. While Zelensky did not release evidence to support the claim, he insisted the pattern was clear and significant. The allegations surfaced shortly after Ukraine announced a series of long range military operations in the Caspian Sea. Zelensky said Ukrainian forces had successfully struck vessels carrying military cargo linked to Iran as well as a warship. Ukrainian intelligence later stated that drones had targeted sanctioned cargo ships allegedly involved in transporting military equipment between Iran and Russia. The operation marked one of Kyiv’s most direct actions against assets connected to Tehran and reflected Ukraine’s growing willingness to challenge countries it believes are supporting Russia’s war effort. Iran reacted strongly to the reported strikes. The Iranian Foreign Ministry summoned Ukraine’s senior diplomat in Tehran to protest what it described as a hostile and unlawful attack. Iranian officials said one sailor was killed and several others were injured when a commercial vessel exploded following the strike. The ministry rejected any suggestion that Iran had played a role in the war between Russia and Ukraine and insisted the country had remained outside the conflict. Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi also condemned the attack, describing it as a serious violation of the United Nations Charter. He claimed the operation had been carried out to advance Israeli interests and accused Kyiv of trying to draw Europe deeper into the regional conflict. Araghchi said he had discussed the matter with European Union foreign policy chief Kaja Kallas and Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, warning that Iran would not allow the incident to pass without a response. Zelensky’s latest accusations regarding Russian support for Iran are not entirely new. Earlier reports citing US officials claimed that Moscow had shared intelligence with Tehran about American military positions in the Middle East during the recent conflict involving Iran and the United States. Those reports also suggested that China could have played a supporting role, although no public evidence has confirmed those claims. The issue has also created mixed messages within the US government. During a congressional hearing, US Defence Secretary Pete Hegseth acknowledged that Russia and China were helping Iran in different ways. He said there was clear cooperation among American rivals but declined to discuss the full extent of that support, arguing that the details should remain classified for security reasons. Only days later, however, President Donald Trump publicly disagreed with that assessment. Writing on his Truth Social platform, Trump said he did not believe Russia or China had assisted Iran. He stated that both Russian President Vladimir Putin and Chinese President Xi Jinping had assured him they were not involved in supporting Iranian military operations. Despite those conflicting views, Zelensky maintained that Russian satellite activity offered direct evidence of cooperation. He specifically pointed to satellite surveillance conducted on July 19 and 20, claiming Russian satellites closely monitored four air bases used by the United States in Bahrain, Jordan, and Kuwait. According to the Ukrainian leader, the timing of those observations raised serious concerns about Russia’s role in helping Iran monitor American military assets in the region.

  • |

    Atiqa Odho questions casting choice in Dar Ke Nijat

    Veteran Pakistani actress Atiqa Odho has shared her thoughts on what she believes was a casting mismatch in the drama serial Dar Ke Nijat, saying one particular casting decision made it difficult for her to fully connect with the story. During a recent episode of the television review show Kya Drama Hai, Odho discussed different aspects of the drama and praised most of its casting. However, she admitted that she struggled to accept actress Saba Hameed in the role of Faran Tahir’s mother, explaining that the casting felt unconvincing to her. According to Odho, the overall cast of Dar Ke Nijat has been carefully selected, but she felt that Saba Hameed portraying the mother of Faran Tahir did not appear believable on screen. She noted that while actors are capable of playing a wide variety of characters regardless of their real-life age or appearance, audiences also need to feel that the relationships presented in a drama are convincing. The actress explained that her reservations were influenced by another television drama currently airing at the same time. In Bus Tera Saath Ho, Saba Hameed and Faran Tahir are seen portraying husband and wife, making it difficult for viewers to immediately accept them as mother and son in Dar Ke Nijat. Odho pointed out that watching the same pair in two entirely different family dynamics simultaneously affected the realism of the characters for her. She said that although actors often take on diverse roles, parallel broadcasts can sometimes create confusion and reduce the emotional impact of a performance. She also commented on Saba Hameed’s appearance, describing her as an elegant, stylish and youthful actress whose screen presence does not naturally align with traditional grandmotherly roles. Odho said that despite efforts to transform her look for the character, she still found it difficult to view her as an elderly matriarch. In her opinion, the makeover appeared forced rather than natural, preventing her from becoming fully immersed in the story. She stressed that this was her personal perspective and acknowledged that other viewers may have different opinions about the casting. Odho further remarked that she understands actors frequently portray characters outside their real-life age brackets and appreciates the creative freedom that comes with acting. Nevertheless, she believes that casting decisions should also consider audience perception, particularly when the same performers are appearing in multiple dramas at the same time in dramatically different relationships. The veteran actress emphasized that this single issue stood out to her while watching Dar Ke Nijat, even though she otherwise admired the production and its performances. Her comments have since sparked discussion among drama fans, with many debating whether simultaneous casting in contrasting family roles can affect a viewer’s ability to suspend disbelief. The conversation has also reignited broader discussions about casting choices in television dramas, particularly when popular actors appear in multiple projects airing concurrently. While some viewers agree that repeated pairings can be distracting, others argue that talented performers should be judged solely on how convincingly they portray their characters, regardless of their roles in other productions.

  • | |

    Austria opens police station at house where Hitler…

    Austria has opened a police station inside the house in Braunau am Inn where Adolf Hitler was born, closing out years of debate over how to handle the building’s dark history. The 17th century structure once operated as an inn and served as the birthplace of the Nazi dictator in April 1889. Authorities have now completed a substantial renovation that changed the building’s facade, though managing the site has posed a persistent challenge for Austrian officials determined to prevent it from turning into a destination for neo Nazi pilgrimage. Hitler lived in the building, located at Salzburger Vorstadt 15, for only a few weeks before his family relocated to another address in Braunau. The family left the town permanently when Hitler was three years old. He briefly returned to Braunau in 1938 while traveling to Vienna after annexing Austria into Nazi Germany. Interior Minister Gerhard Karner attended the opening ceremony alongside other local officials, which featured police musicians performing on tuba and other brass instruments. Karner said Austria is taking responsibility for what he called the terrible legacy of the past, adding that although deciding the building’s fate proved difficult, he believes the new police station represents a fresh chapter for the site. He said the building will now stand as a place representing democracy, the rule of law, security, freedom and human dignity. A Catholic police chaplain then blessed two crosses that will hang inside the new station. For decades, Austria’s interior ministry rented the building from its former owner, a local woman named Gerlinde Pommer, paying her generous rent in an effort to keep the property from becoming a site for far right tourism. A local charity used the building for years as a day center and workshop for people with special needs, but the organization had to vacate in 2011 after Pommer blocked planned renovations. She also repeatedly declined to sell the property to the government, leaving the building empty for several years while she and authorities disputed terms. In 2016, Austria’s parliament passed legislation allowing the government to seize the property from Pommer, paying her compensation of 812,000 euros. She later challenged the amount in court, arguing it was too low, but ultimately lost the case. Wolfgang Sobotka, who served as interior minister at the time, suggested the building should be demolished and replaced with a new structure altogether, echoing an earlier proposal from a Russian lawmaker who had offered to purchase the house and destroy it. Both ideas drew significant criticism, with opponents arguing that tearing down the building would amount to denying Austria’s Nazi era history. In 2019, the government unveiled plans to convert the building into a police station and launched an EU wide competition inviting architects to submit design proposals. Officials subsequently spent millions of euros renovating the structure, transforming its appearance dramatically from its earlier state. The building, now painted white both inside and out, features extensive oak woodwork throughout, while an original winding staircase and arched entrance hall have been preserved from the earlier structure. The transformation marks a stark contrast to the building’s condition decades ago, when the Lebenshilfe charity operated a small shop in one of its front rooms. Police Chief Inspector Ludwig Heise said he feels fortunate to work in such a modern facility, noting the additional space compared to previous quarters, though he added that beyond its size, the station functions just like any other police facility in Austria. The reopening marks the culmination of a long and often contentious effort by Austrian authorities to neutralize the symbolic weight of Hitler’s birthplace, transforming a site once feared as a potential magnet for extremist sympathizers into a functioning symbol of the democratic institutions Austria has built in the decades since the Second World War.

  • | | |

    PM Shehbaz calls Makkah pact a ‘historic milesto…

    Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif has described the signing of the Makkah Agreement for Joint Defence between Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Türkiye as a historic step towards strengthening peace, security and regional stability. In a post on X, the prime minister said he had the honour of signing the agreement alongside Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister Mohammed bin Salman and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan. Shehbaz said the agreement reflected the unity of the three brotherly countries, which share deep-rooted ties, common values and a commitment to protecting the interests of their peoples. He said the pact represented a shared vision to strengthen the foundations of peace, security and stability and expressed hope that it would become a lasting pillar of cooperation among the three nations. The prime minister prayed that the agreement, signed in the sacred precincts of Makkah, would serve as a strong shield for peace and promote greater cooperation and integration among the three countries for generations to come. He also expressed hope that the pact would contribute to economic prosperity and benefit not only the peoples of Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Türkiye but the wider Muslim world. Shehbaz Sharif particularly praised Field Marshal Syed Asim Munir for his role in making the agreement possible. He described Asim Munir’s efforts, commitment and dedication as instrumental in turning the shared vision of the three countries into a concrete agreement. The prime minister said the agreement would further strengthen regional security and stability while advancing the common interests of the three partner nations.

  • | |

    Four family members killed in Lahore firing

    LAHORE: A case has been registered over the killing of four members of a family in Lahore’s Chuhng area. The incident involved a man who allegedly opened fire on his in-laws. Four people were killed in the shooting. According to the FIR, the victims included the suspect’s wife, his father-in-law, mother-in-law and brother-in-law. The complainant alleged that the suspect carried out the killings with the involvement or encouragement of his father and brothers. The victim’s brother told police that the family had previously registered a kidnapping case against the suspect at Sunder Police Station. He alleged that the case was filed after his sister was allegedly abducted. Police identified the suspect as Imran Shaukat. According to officials, he had married the woman around six months ago. The shooting took place in the Chuhng area, where the suspect allegedly targeted members of his wife’s family. The incident left four people dead and caused panic in the area. Police said the suspect fled or moved away from the scene after the shooting before turning the weapon on himself. He died from the gunshot wound. Investigators have registered a case and begun examining the circumstances surrounding the killings. Police are also looking into the allegations contained in the FIR regarding the suspect’s family members and the earlier kidnapping case. Officials said further investigation would determine the exact motive behind the incident and establish the circumstances that led to the deadly shooting. The case has raised concerns about a possible dispute between the two families following the marriage. Police are expected to question relatives and examine available evidence as part of the investigation.

  • | |

    Olivia Dean celebrates record-breaking music milestone

    British singer-songwriter Olivia Dean has added another major achievement to her growing career after performing before nearly 97,000 fans at Lollapalooza 2026, marking her first time headlining a music festival in the United States. The 27-year-old artist shared the milestone on social media, describing the experience as emotional and unforgettable. She admitted feeling overwhelmed before taking the stage and thanked fans and her team for their continued support throughout her musical journey. Dean delivered an energetic performance that received an enthusiastic response from the massive crowd, making her American festival debut one of the standout moments of this year’s event. The latest success comes only days after Dean celebrated another landmark achievement in the United Kingdom. Her duet with British singer Sam Fender, “Rein Me In,” has officially become the longest-running number one single in UK chart history, setting a new national record. During her performance at Lollapalooza, Dean took a moment to acknowledge the historic accomplishment and shared her excitement with the audience. She then welcomed Sam Fender to the stage, where the pair performed “Rein Me In” together for the first time in the United States. The chart-topping track is a re-recorded duet from Fender’s third studio album, People Watching. Released in June 2025, the song climbed to the top of the UK Singles Chart in early 2026 before going on to achieve its record-breaking run.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *