imran khan taken
| |

Why was Imran Khan taken to Pims, not Shifa hospit…

Federal Minister for Information Attaullah Tarar has issued a statement regarding the transfer of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) founder and former prime minister Imran Khan from Adiala Jail for medical examination.

Tarar said Imran was taken to hospital between the night of August 20 and 21 under strict security arrangements.

According to the minister, Imran was examined by qualified doctors, including an ophthalmologist, cardiologist and physician. The doctors declared him medically fit, he said.

Tarar clarified that the medical examination was conducted at the Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (Pims), where doctors from Shifa International Hospital were also present.

He said Imran was initially scheduled to be taken to Shifa International Hospital. However, PTI workers allegedly created a security situation outside the hospital and along the route, prompting authorities to take him to Pims instead.

The minister said the medical examination at Pims found Imran to be in good health.

Tarar added that Imran’s sister, Uzma Khan, remained present throughout the medical examination and treatment process.

Imran Khan returns to Adiala Jail

After completing the medical examination, Imran was shifted back to Adiala Jail at around 5am on August 21, Tarar said.

The minister maintained that medical facilities had previously been provided to Imran whenever required and that the government would continue to ensure necessary healthcare in the future.

Jail sources also confirmed that Imran had been taken back to Adiala Jail.

According to the sources, he was transported from the hospital to the prison under extremely tight security.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    Selena Gomez rejects ‘baseless’ Wondermind fraud claims

    Selena Gomez has rejected allegations of fraud linked to Wondermind, the mental fitness company she co-founded with her mother, Mandy Teefey, and former business partner Daniella Pierson. The singer and actress responded after two companies, Wondermind SRS 44 LLC and Bespoke Wondermind LLC, filed a lawsuit against her and Teefey. The plaintiffs accused the company’s leadership of making false claims about Wondermind’s operations, management and available resources. Gomez and her legal adviser, Mathew S. Rosengart, strongly denied any wrongdoing. They described the allegations as baseless and said there was no factual or legal basis for claims that Gomez had participated in fraud. Her legal team said they intend to challenge the allegations in court and have filed a motion seeking dismissal of the claims against her. The lawsuit reportedly alleges that investors were led to believe Gomez would play an active role in Wondermind as its head of marketing. The plaintiffs also claimed that Gomez was bound by a contract to perform certain responsibilities but failed to fulfil them. According to the allegations, potential investors were told that Wondermind had a valuation of about $95 million and was seeking a $5 million investment. The plaintiffs also claimed that the company had discussed potential partnerships with major financial institutions, including J.P. Morgan and Fidelity. The lawsuit further alleges that Wondermind had promised to provide mental health and wellness services to employees and develop a new digital application as part of its business plans. Gomez launched Wondermind with Teefey and Pierson in 2021. The company later expanded its digital content and mental fitness platform in 2022. Gomez has now made it clear that she intends to defend herself against the allegations. Teefey has not publicly commented on the lawsuit so far.

  • |

    Vikas Gupta reignites feud with Shilpa Shinde on Lock Upp

    The long-running tension between television personalities Vikas Gupta and Shilpa Shinde resurfaced during the finale week of Lock Upp, reigniting memories of their widely discussed rivalry from Bigg Boss 11. While the two have shared a strained relationship for years, their latest on-screen confrontation once again became one of the most talked-about moments of the reality show. As part of a special task during the finale week, Vikas Gupta entered the show and directly addressed Shilpa Shinde over comments she had made earlier in the season. Instead of offering support, Vikas strongly criticized her behavior and accused her of repeatedly spreading negativity. During the heated exchange, Vikas questioned Shilpa’s conduct, saying she had made offensive remarks about fellow contestant Shivangi and had also made inappropriate comments involving actor Ram Kapoor. He argued that her statements crossed the line and were not harmless jokes, adding that such behavior reflected a pattern that had not changed over the years. The confrontation became more intense when Vikas accused Shilpa of discussing another person’s private life and virginity on national television. He expressed disappointment over the topic being brought into public conversation and said such discussions should never be used for entertainment. According to him, personal matters deserve respect, regardless of disagreements between contestants. Vikas also criticized content creator Shreya Kalra, who had supported Shilpa during the earlier conversation. He questioned why others chose to back remarks that he believed were inappropriate and disrespectful. Shilpa, however, defended herself during the exchange. She explained that the information she referred to had already been circulating on social media and claimed she was only repeating what she had come across online. According to Shilpa, she was merely stating what she believed to be true, leaving it up to viewers to interpret her comments as they wished. Despite her explanation, the incident sparked fresh debate among viewers, with many discussing the limits of personal commentary in reality television. Social media users remained divided, with some supporting Vikas’ stance that contestants should avoid discussing private matters, while others believed Shilpa was simply referring to publicly available rumors. The clash also reminded fans of the bitter rivalry that began during Bigg Boss 11, where the two contestants frequently locked horns throughout the season. Although Shilpa Shinde went on to win the show, her relationship with Vikas Gupta never appeared to recover, and the latest confrontation suggested that their differences remain unresolved. As Lock Upp approaches its finale, the emotional exchange has added another layer of drama to the competition. Whether the confrontation will influence audience opinion or remain just another chapter in the duo’s long-standing feud remains to be seen, but it has undoubtedly become one of the standout moments of the season.

  • | |

    Two bodies found inside oil tanker in Kot Addu

      Two bodies have been discovered inside an oil tanker in the Gujarat locality of Kot Addu, prompting authorities to launch an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the deaths. According to Rescue officials, the oil tanker had been parked at a local hotel after unloading its cargo two days earlier. The vehicle had remained stationary since completing its delivery, and the bodies were found during a subsequent inspection. The deceased have been identified, and both were residents of Rahim Yar Khan, a city in southern Punjab. Their identities have been confirmed by rescue authorities, although their names have not yet been released publicly. Officials stated that the exact cause of death remains unknown. Rescue teams and law enforcement agencies are currently investigating the incident to determine how the two men ended up inside the tanker and what led to their deaths. Authorities have not ruled out any possibility at this stage. The bodies have been shifted for further examination, and medical experts are expected to conduct post-mortem examinations to help establish the cause of death. Investigators are also gathering evidence from the scene and questioning individuals who may have information about the incident. Initial reports indicate that the tanker had completed its oil delivery and was parked at a hotel for approximately two days before the bodies were discovered. Authorities are examining whether the victims entered the tanker accidentally, intentionally, or under other circumstances. They are also reviewing the vehicle’s recent movements and speaking with the driver and other relevant individuals. Rescue officials emphasized that the investigation is still in its early stages and urged the public to avoid speculation until the official findings are released. They noted that determining the cause of death will require a thorough forensic examination and detailed inquiry. The incident has raised concerns among local residents due to the unusual nature of the discovery. Authorities have assured the public that all necessary steps are being taken to uncover the facts and ensure that, if any criminal activity is involved, those responsible will be brought to justice. Police and rescue teams continue to coordinate their efforts as they work to establish a clear timeline of events. Investigators are expected to review available evidence, including witness statements and forensic reports, before reaching any conclusions. For now, officials have confirmed only that two men from Rahim Yar Khan were found dead inside an oil tanker parked in the Gujarat area of Kot Addu after it had unloaded its cargo. The investigation into the cause and circumstances of their deaths is ongoing, and further details are expected to emerge as the inquiry progresses.

  • | | |

    Iran says every threat will strengthen its militar…

    TEHRAN: Iran’s acting Defence Minister, Seyed Majid Ibn al-Reza, has declared that Tehran will continue strengthening its military capabilities by treating every threat from its adversaries as genuine, even as the United States signals a renewed diplomatic effort. His remarks came after US President Donald Trump announced that Washington had postponed a planned military strike against Iran in favour of restarting negotiations aimed at reducing tensions in the Middle East. In a statement posted on social media platform X on Monday, Ibn al-Reza said Iran viewed recent statements from its enemies as part of a broader campaign of psychological and cognitive warfare. However, he stressed that Tehran would not dismiss any warning, regardless of its nature. “We consider every threat to be real and deserving of a serious response,” the acting defence minister said, adding that Iran’s strategy was to transform every external challenge into an opportunity to reinforce its military preparedness and national defence. He said the Iranian armed forces would neither be caught off guard nor remain passive in the face of rising regional tensions. Instead, every warning or hostile statement would serve as a catalyst for expanding the country’s defensive capabilities and maintaining operational readiness. The comments underscore Iran’s continued emphasis on deterrence at a time when uncertainty surrounds the future of US-Iran relations and broader security dynamics across the Gulf. Earlier, President Trump announced that the United States had suspended plans for military action against Iran after requests from Tehran and several Middle Eastern countries to give diplomacy another chance. Writing on his social media platform, Truth Social, Trump claimed the US military had been fully prepared for an operation of unprecedented scale, describing it as one of the largest potential military actions since the Second World War. According to Trump, the proposed negotiations focus on two key objectives: ensuring the immediate and uninterrupted reopening of the Strait of Hormuz for global shipping and addressing concerns over Iran’s nuclear programme. The Strait of Hormuz remains one of the world’s most strategically important maritime routes, carrying a significant share of global oil exports. Any disruption in the waterway has the potential to affect international energy markets and regional stability. While Washington has presented the renewed talks as an opportunity to prevent further escalation, Iranian officials continue to insist that the country will not relax its military vigilance during the diplomatic process. The latest exchange of statements reflects the delicate balance between diplomacy and deterrence, with both sides signalling a willingness to negotiate while simultaneously emphasizing military preparedness amid persistent regional tensions.

  • | |

    Japan’s 7.1 quake injures 50, cuts power to 40,0…

    A powerful 7.1-magnitude earthquake jolted Japan’s southern Kumamoto prefecture on Tuesday, leaving at least 50 people injured, disrupting transport and cutting electricity to around 40,000 homes as authorities warned residents to remain alert for aftershocks. The earthquake struck Kyushu, Japan’s southwestern main island, at a depth of about 10 kilometres, according to the Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA). The tremor reached the highest level of 7 on Japan’s seismic intensity scale in parts of Kumamoto, underlining the strength of the shaking. The powerful tremor damaged roads, bridges and buildings, while transport services across the affected region were thrown into disruption. Rail services, including high-speed trains, were suspended, while Kumamoto airport also temporarily closed its runway. The earthquake also triggered an emergency response across Kyushu. Authorities urged more than 150,000 residents to evacuate as officials assessed damage and monitored the situation. Reports said a fire and explosion occurred at a shopping mall, while a goods train was derailed during the chaos. For residents, the immediate concern was not only the first powerful jolt but the possibility of more shaking. Japanese authorities issued warnings over potential aftershocks and landslides, urging people in affected areas to remain cautious and follow official instructions. A tsunami warning was also issued after the earthquake, with authorities warning of waves of up to one metre along parts of the Ariake and Yatsushiro seas. The warning was later lifted after no significant tsunami activity was observed. Despite the widespread disruption, there were no reports of irregularities at nuclear power plants in the affected region, providing some relief as authorities continued their assessment. The earthquake has also drawn attention because Kumamoto has experienced devastating seismic activity before. The region was badly hit by a major earthquake sequence in 2016, which caused extensive destruction and hundreds of deaths. Japan is among the world’s most earthquake-prone countries, making disaster preparedness a central part of everyday life. Yet the latest tremor again demonstrated how quickly a powerful earthquake can disrupt communities, transport networks and essential services. With rescue and assessment operations continuing, authorities are now focused on helping those injured, restoring electricity and transport, and preparing residents for potentially dangerous aftershocks.

  • | |

    HIV-positive children in Pakistan reach 7,500

    The number of children living with HIV in Pakistan has risen to approximately 7,500, according to the latest figures released by the federal Ministry of Health. The data highlights the growing need for improved healthcare, nutrition, and long-term support for affected children across the country. Official statistics show that around 62,000 HIV patients are currently receiving treatment in Pakistan. Children account for nearly 12 percent of all registered patients, reflecting the significant impact of the disease on younger age groups. According to the ministry, Sindh has emerged as the province with the highest number of HIV-positive children. Nearly 4,200 children infected with the virus have been registered in the province, making it the country’s largest concentration of pediatric HIV cases. In response to the situation, the federal government has sought nutritional assistance from UNICEF, the World Food Programme (WFP), the World Health Organization (WHO), and Nutrition International. The support is aimed at improving the health and nutritional status of children living with HIV. Authorities said a special program has been planned to provide nutritional supplements to HIV-positive children. Those suffering from severe malnutrition will receive therapeutic food along with continuous medical monitoring to improve their overall health and treatment outcomes. The government also plans to provide guidance to parents and caregivers on meeting the nutritional needs of children living with HIV. Health experts believe that proper nutrition plays a critical role in strengthening immunity and supporting the effectiveness of treatment. Medical experts said children infected with HIV require 10 to 20 percent more energy and protein than healthy children of the same age. They stressed that addressing malnutrition can significantly improve recovery, enhance the effectiveness of treatment, and help HIV-positive children lead healthier lives.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *