army major martyred
| | |

Army major martyred, five terrorists killed

A Pakistan Army major was martyred while leading an intelligence-based operation (IBO) against terrorists in the Razmak area of North Waziristan, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said on Saturday.

According to the military’s media wing, security forces launched the operation after receiving intelligence about the presence of terrorists in the area. During the exchange of fire, five terrorists affiliated with Fitna al Khawarij were killed.

ISPR identified the martyred officer as Major Hafiz Ihsan Elahi, 34, a resident of Mianwali district. The military said the officer was leading his troops from the front and fought bravely during the operation before embracing martyrdom.

The statement said the slain terrorists were actively involved in multiple attacks against security forces, law enforcement personnel and civilians. Security forces also recovered a cache of weapons, ammunition and other military equipment from the militants during the operation.

Following the successful raid, sanitisation operations were launched in the surrounding areas to eliminate any remaining terrorists and ensure the area is fully cleared. The military said the operation forms part of Pakistan’s ongoing counterterrorism campaign under the Azm-i-Istehkam strategy approved by the Federal Apex Committee on the National Action Plan.

The ISPR reiterated that Pakistan’s security forces remain committed to eliminating all forms of terrorism and will continue intelligence-driven operations against militants across the country. It added that the sacrifices of soldiers strengthen the nation’s resolve to safeguard peace and security.

Pakistan has witnessed an increase in terrorist incidents since the banned Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) ended its ceasefire with the government in late 2022. Since then, security forces have intensified intelligence-based operations in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan to dismantle militant networks.

Similar Posts

  • |

    Houthis seek to replicate Iran’s Strait of Hormuz strategy in Red Sea, warns Yemeni diplomat

    Yemen’s Houthi movement is attempting to replicate Iran’s strategy in the Strait of Hormuz by disrupting maritime traffic through the Bab el-Mandeb strait, Yemeni Foreign Minister-designate Afrah al-Zouba warned on Monday. Speaking to reporters at the Yemeni Embassy in Riyadh, al-Zouba stated that an insufficient international response has emboldened the group to pursue control over critical Red Sea shipping corridors. The Red Sea has emerged as a major flashpoint following escalations linked to the broader regional conflict involving Iran. The Houthis have intensified operations against Saudi Arabia by launching drone and missile strikes and announcing a blockade on Saudi-bound shipping. In response, Saudi Arabia has conducted airstrikes targeting Houthi military positions and reaffirmed its commitment to protecting commercial maritime routes. The surge in hostilities threatens to unravel the fragile truce established in 2022, raising concerns among diplomats and officials over a potential return to full-scale war in Yemen. Al-Zouba confirmed that while military skirmishes persist along frontline positions stretching from the Red Sea to the Saudi border, neither side has launched a major ground offensive. She emphasised that the internationally recognised government is prepared for further escalation, asserting that the conflict must ultimately be resolved either diplomatically or by force.

  • |

    Russian missile attack kills nine in Kyiv

    KYIV: At least nine people were killed and 28 others injured after Russian ballistic missile strikes hit Ukraine’s capital, Kyiv, on Saturday morning, Ukrainian officials said. The attack caused heavy damage in several areas of the city. Multiple explosions were reported as missiles struck residential areas and other locations. Emergency teams rushed to the affected sites to rescue people and control fires. Kyiv Mayor Vitali Klitschko said the capital came under a major missile attack. He said several explosions were heard across the city, while fires broke out and some areas faced power disruptions. Officials said the Darnytskyi district was among the worst-hit areas. At least seven people were killed there, while 14 others were injured. Two children were among those wounded in the strike. Another missile strike hit the Solomyanskyi district, killing two people and injuring eight others. A five-storey residential building was partially destroyed, trapping some residents inside. Rescue workers carried out operations to search for survivors and clear the damaged structure. The attack also affected the area around the Lithuanian embassy. Lithuania’s Foreign Ministry said a missile landed nearby, damaging windows and spreading debris inside the embassy compound. No casualties were reported among diplomatic staff. The latest strikes are part of an increase in Russian missile attacks on Kyiv in recent weeks. Ukrainian officials say Moscow has intensified the use of ballistic missiles, creating greater pressure on the country’s air defence systems. President Volodymyr Zelensky has repeatedly called for additional air defence support, especially Patriot missile interceptors, which Ukraine says are essential for stopping ballistic missile attacks. Zelensky raised the issue during his recent meeting with US President Donald Trump in Washington. He urged greater support for Ukraine’s air defence capabilities as Russian attacks continue. Trump said discussions over Ukraine’s request to produce Patriot interceptors are still ongoing. However, he expressed concerns about sharing advanced US military technology and said such decisions require careful consideration. Ukraine has faced shortages of Patriot systems as Russian air attacks have increased. Kyiv says these systems remain among the few weapons capable of intercepting high-speed ballistic missiles. Meanwhile, Ukraine has continued launching retaliatory strikes against Russian targets. Ukrainian officials say their operations are aimed at disrupting military supply routes and damaging facilities linked to Russia’s war efforts.

  • |

    Spain’s World Cup stars rewarded with tomatoes

    Football trophies, medals and cash bonuses are common rewards for World Cup champions, but two Spanish stars have received a prize unlike any other. Following Spain’s 2026 FIFA World Cup triumph, Fabián Ruiz and Gavi were honored in their hometown with fresh tomatoes equal to their body weight, turning a local celebration into a viral moment. The unusual tribute took place in Los Palacios y Villafranca, a town in Spain’s Seville province that is famous for producing high-quality tomatoes. Instead of presenting conventional awards, local authorities chose a gift that reflects the town’s agricultural identity and long-standing tradition. During the ceremony, both midfielders were first weighed before baskets of freshly harvested tomatoes matching their exact weight were presented to them. Fabián Ruiz, who weighs 85 kilograms, received 85 kilograms of tomatoes, while 21-year-old Gavi was awarded 68.5 kilograms of the locally grown produce. The colorful ceremony, held at the town hall, drew applause from residents who gathered to celebrate their hometown heroes. Spain lifted the 2026 FIFA World Cup on July 19, sparking celebrations across the country. While players have been receiving congratulations and awards from football organizations and government officials, the tomato-themed tribute quickly stood out for its originality and connection to local culture. Fabián Ruiz played a significant role in Spain’s successful World Cup campaign. The 30-year-old midfielder featured for a total of 366 minutes during the tournament and scored Spain’s opening goal in the quarter-final victory over Belgium. His performances were widely praised as Spain marched to the title. Gavi, despite limited playing time, also contributed to Spain’s championship-winning squad. The young midfielder appeared for 85 minutes during the tournament and remained an important member of the national team throughout the campaign. Local officials also announced another lasting tribute to commemorate the players’ achievements. Two football grounds in Los Palacios y Villafranca will be renamed after Fabián Ruiz and Gavi, ensuring that future generations remember their contribution to Spain’s historic World Cup success. The heartwarming celebration highlighted how communities often honor sporting heroes in ways that reflect their own traditions. For the people of Los Palacios y Villafranca, there could be no better symbol of local pride than the tomatoes that have made their town famous—making the gift just as memorable as Spain’s World Cup victory itself.

  • | | |

    Three killed as heavy monsoon rains trigger floodi…

    At least three people lost their lives and three others were injured in rain-related incidents across Punjab as heavy monsoon showers triggered urban flooding, damaged homes, and disrupted daily life in several cities. Authorities have placed emergency services on high alert as the current spell of rain is expected to continue through August 5. According to the Punjab Disaster Management Authority (PDMA), one man died and another person was injured after a house collapsed in Uch Sharif, Bahawalpur district. In a separate incident, two children drowned in Khushab during the ongoing monsoon rains. Two additional people sustained injuries in separate roof collapse incidents reported in Mandi Bahauddin and Lodhran. The PDMA also confirmed damage to at least one house in Bahawalpur. Officials clarified that nine other deaths reported on the same day were not directly linked to rain or flooding. These incidents included drownings in canals and rivers in Kot Addu, Narowal, and Attock, while four children tragically died of suffocation after becoming trapped inside a parked vehicle in Mianwali. PDMA Director General Saif Anwar Jappa directed deputy commissioners across Punjab to remain on high alert as heavy rainfall is forecast to continue. He said Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz is personally monitoring the situation and has instructed district administrations, Rescue 1122, Water and Sanitation Agency (Wasa), and other departments to remain fully prepared for emergencies. Lahore experienced several hours of intense rainfall, leaving many roads and residential areas submerged. Water accumulated up to one-and-a-half feet deep in areas including Township, Kacha Jail Road, Haider Road, and the Quaid-i-Azam Industrial Estate, causing severe traffic congestion and disrupting public movement. According to Wasa Lahore, the city received an average rainfall of 24.8 millimetres, with the highest rainfall recorded at the Wasa Head Office in Gulberg at 66.4mm. Significant rainfall was also reported in Shadipura, Mughalpura, Mannawan, Johar Town, Tajpura, and several other localities. Faisalabad recorded the highest rainfall in Punjab at 103mm, resulting in extensive urban flooding at multiple locations. Water levels reached up to 23 inches in some areas, prompting Wasa teams to continue dewatering operations throughout the day. Heavy rainfall also affected Gujrat and Mandi Bahauddin, where roads were inundated and drainage operations remained underway. In contrast, Jhelum recorded only light rainfall, and officials reported that all waterlogging points had been cleared by the afternoon. Authorities have advised residents to avoid unnecessary travel during heavy rain, stay away from electricity poles and damaged buildings, and keep children away from floodwater and fast-flowing canals as monsoon conditions persist across the province.

  • | | |

    Good News for Indian Tourists to Thailand! Thai Cabinet Will Not Revert Them to 15 Days Visa on Arrival as Previously Proposed

    Great news for Indian tourists and Thai tourism businesses focused on Indian travelers! Thailand’s Cabinet approved revisions on July 14th, 2026, to its visa exemption framework that will allow Indian passport holders a 30-day visa-free stay upon arrival when Thailand’s Royal Gazette publishes upcoming overall 60 day visa changes, reducing to 30 for most countries. […]

  • | |

    Rakhi Sawant gets emotional about her Pakistani fans

    Rakhi Sawant has always been one of Indian entertainment’s most unfiltered personalities, and a recent interview with BBC Hindi has given her fans on both sides of the border a moment to genuinely pause and reflect. In the interview, the actress and digital influencer spoke with visible emotion about her Pakistani fans, delivering a remarkably candid account of a connection that has quietly shaped her personal life in ways she had perhaps not expected. Sawant, who now follows Islam and has spoken openly about her affection for Muslims, did not approach the subject diplomatically or with the kind of measured language public figures typically deploy when navigating Indo-Pakistani sentiment. She spoke from personal experience, and the honesty of what she said has resonated widely. “They love me a lot,” she said, speaking of her Pakistani fans. “We Pakistanis and Hindus share a love-and-hate relationship, but whenever something happens to me, Pakistanis reach out first. Sometimes I have a fever, and no one from India shows up, but they come and take me to the hospital.” The admission was striking in its specificity. She was not speaking in generalities about cultural warmth or neighbourly affection. She was describing concrete acts of care at moments of genuine vulnerability, people showing up when she was unwell, accompanying her to hospital, filling a gap that others had left empty. She continued with equal candour, acknowledging the political narrative that frames the two countries as adversaries while making clear that her personal experience simply did not match that framing. “I know they are our enemy, our country’s enemy, but what’s true is true,” she said. “They love me a lot. I am just a neighbour residing in this building, and as neighbours, they are always there for me.” The online reaction to the interview has been overwhelmingly warm and has prompted a broader conversation that goes well beyond Sawant herself. Both Pakistani and Indian viewers flooded the comments to express agreement with the sentiment she was articulating. The most consistent thread running through the responses was the distinction between the political relationship that governments maintain and the human relationships that ordinary people choose to build across that same divide. Commenters from both countries wrote that neither people were each other’s real enemies, and that it was politicians who constructed and maintained the hostility that defined the official relationship between India and Pakistan. People on the ground, many argued, wanted something different entirely. Rakhi Sawant’s emotional honesty in this interview did not resolve any political realities. But it gave voice to something that is rarely said plainly enough in either country: that the warmth that exists between people when it is allowed to breathe is real, and sometimes shows up most clearly when someone needs to be taken to hospital and someone else simply decides to come.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *