christian convery calls
| |

Christian Convery calls Anne Hathaway his ‘hero’

Actor Christian Convery has opened up about his experience filming the sci-fi thriller The End of Oak Street, describing the production as both exciting and emotionally demanding while praising his co-star Anne Hathaway.

The film features Convery alongside Hathaway, Ewan McGregor and Maisy Stella. The story follows the Platt family as they struggle to survive after their neighbourhood is mysteriously displaced into an unfamiliar and dangerous environment.

Speaking about the filming experience, Convery said the production involved a sharp contrast between lighthearted family scenes and emotionally intense sequences. He explained that scenes involving ordinary family moments, such as a neighbourhood party or a meal together, were enjoyable to film. However, extended periods of emotionally heavy scenes became exhausting for the cast.

The young actor said the demanding nature of the production helped the cast connect with their characters on a deeper level. According to Convery, the actors were placed under considerable physical and emotional pressure during filming, which helped them portray the fear, tension and uncertainty experienced by their characters more convincingly.

Convery also discussed how the cast developed a believable family dynamic on screen. He said there was no special formula for creating chemistry because the cast members naturally connected when they first met.

He credited the table read, preparation sessions and regular discussions for helping the actors understand their relationships within the story. The cast also spent time together away from the set, including during meals and weekends, which further strengthened their bond.

The actor said the close relationship eventually extended beyond the principal cast, describing the entire production team as a large family.

Convery also spoke warmly about working with Anne Hathaway, admitting that he initially felt nervous because she had been one of his acting heroes for many years.

He said Hathaway treated him as a professional colleague rather than simply as a young actor. That approach helped him feel respected and gave him an opportunity to learn from her while maintaining a clear distinction between their on-screen relationship and their real-life professional relationship.

Convery has been working in the entertainment industry since childhood. He said a major turning point came when he was around nine years old and landed the lead role in Sweet Tooth, a project he filmed over several years in New Zealand.

He explained that the experience encouraged him to take acting more seriously and develop a deeper understanding of filmmaking. He began studying different performances, directors and classic films while learning more about the creative process behind cinema.

Despite his early success, Convery said he remains focused on improving his craft and believes actors should remain grounded and recognise that there is always more to learn.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    Jaranwala tragedy remains a deep wound, says Punja…

    Punjab Minister for Minority Affairs Sardar Ramesh Singh Arora has said that the painful memories of August 16 are still fresh. He described the Jaranwala tragedy as a deep wound on the hearts of the affected families and communities. In a statement, Arora said the Punjab government stood with all victims of the tragedy. He said Chief Minister Punjab and the provincial government were committed to protecting the rights of religious minorities. Arora said the Punjab government had adopted an effective strategy to ensure the safety of minority communities. He added that security measures had been strengthened to protect people from violence and discrimination. The provincial minister said the protection of religious minorities was a priority for the government. He claimed that the government had taken steps to ensure that such an incident would not happen again. Arora warned that no individual or group would be allowed to take the law into their own hands. He said violations of the rights of religious minorities would not be tolerated. He stressed that every citizen had the right to live in safety and with dignity. He said the government was responsible for protecting the lives and property of all citizens, regardless of their religious background. The minister also said religious minorities in Punjab were being provided with all possible facilities. He said the government was working to address their concerns and improve their overall security. Arora said the Punjab government would continue taking measures to create a peaceful environment for all communities. He added that protection of minorities was essential for maintaining harmony and stability in the province. The minister’s statement came on August 16, the anniversary of the Jaranwala incident. The episode remains a painful memory for the Christian community and has continued to raise concerns about the protection of religious minorities. Arora said the government was determined to learn from the tragedy and prevent similar incidents in the future. He reiterated that no one would be permitted to violate the law or target minority communities.

  • |

    Nicole Kidman reunites with Practical Magic cast at screening

    Nicole Kidman reunited with her Practical Magic castmates for a memorable evening as the beloved 1998 fantasy film received a special outdoor screening, delighting fans with a surprise appearance from the stars. On Saturday, August 1, Kidman joined Sandra Bullock, Joey King and Maisie Williams at a screening of Practical Magic held at Hollywood Forever Cemetery in Los Angeles. The event drew a large crowd of movie lovers, many of whom were thrilled when the cast unexpectedly appeared before the screening began. The gathering quickly turned into a celebration of the enduring popularity of the film, which has remained a fan favorite for nearly three decades. The cast greeted the audience, shared laughs and reflected on the lasting connection people have with the magical story. Bullock joked that there could not have been a more fitting place to watch Practical Magic than a cemetery, playfully thanking the “spirits” around them for sharing the evening with the audience. Her lighthearted comments were met with laughter from the crowd. Kidman then took the opportunity to thank fans for their years of support, saying their enthusiasm played an important role in making the long-awaited sequel a reality. She expressed her gratitude and shared her excitement about the upcoming film, promising that audiences would soon be able to return to the magical world of the Owens family. The evening also introduced two of the newest additions to the Practical Magic franchise. Joey King and Maisie Williams, who have joined the sequel, stepped on stage alongside Kidman and Bullock to celebrate the next chapter of the story. King shared her excitement about becoming part of the beloved franchise, revealing that she and Williams will portray Kylie and Antonia in the new film. She told the audience they were honored to join the “coven” and hoped viewers would enjoy watching the sequel as much as the cast enjoyed making it. The stars later raised a toast together with the audience, creating a heartwarming moment that highlighted the strong bond among both the cast members and the devoted fan community. Following the event, Kidman reflected on the special night by sharing a video from the screening on Instagram. She described the gathering as a family reunion and thanked fans for joining them for what she called a magical evening with their fellow witches. Her post quickly generated excitement online, with many fans expressing their anticipation for the sequel. Practical Magic 2 is directed by Susanne Bier and brings audiences back to the enchanting world of the Owens sisters. The sequel follows the family as they face a powerful curse that threatens their future, blending mystery, magic and heartfelt family drama with the charm that made the original film so beloved. The upcoming movie reunites Nicole Kidman and Sandra Bullock while introducing fresh faces to the franchise, creating a mix of nostalgia and new adventures. With excitement continuing to build after the surprise fan event, audiences are eagerly awaiting the film’s theatrical release on September 11, 2026.

  • |

    Diljit Dosanjh explores Japan before Europe tour begins

    Global Punjabi superstar Diljit Dosanjh is taking a well-deserved break before launching the Europe leg of his highly anticipated Aura World Tour 2026. The singer recently traveled to Japan, where he immersed himself in the country’s culture, sampled its renowned cuisine, and visited several iconic locations. Sharing highlights from the trip on Instagram, Diljit gave fans a glimpse into his memorable Japanese adventure through a lively video. Staying true to his signature style, he narrated the experience with his trademark Punjabi humor, making the travel diary both entertaining and relatable for his followers. Throughout the video, the singer can be seen exploring different parts of Japan, admiring its scenic beauty, bustling streets, and cultural landmarks. However, one aspect of the country stood out to him more than anything else—its remarkable cleanliness. Diljit expressed genuine amazement at how spotless the streets were despite the apparent absence of public litter bins. The observation left him impressed, as he noted that even without trash cans readily available, the roads and public spaces remained exceptionally clean. His reaction highlighted the discipline and civic responsibility often associated with Japanese society. Accompanying the video, the singer shared a caption that reflected his excitement for both the trip and his upcoming performances. He wrote that he was exploring beautiful Japan before heading to Europe for the next phase of the Aura World Tour 2026, while also expressing his eagerness to meet fans across Europe soon. The travel video quickly attracted widespread attention on social media, with fans praising not only the stunning visuals but also Diljit’s engaging storytelling. His humorous narration and natural charm once again proved why his travel content is as popular as his music. This isn’t the first time Diljit has delighted fans with travel vlogs and behind-the-scenes moments from his journeys around the world. Over the years, he has built a reputation for sharing candid experiences, combining humor with observations about different cultures and destinations. His unique approach has helped him connect with audiences beyond his music, making his social media accounts a favorite among millions of followers. Fans flooded the comments section with appreciation shortly after the video was posted. Many praised the quality of the content, while others admired the singer’s ability to make even simple travel moments entertaining. One fan described him as the “best vlogger ever,” while another said they were thoroughly enjoying every piece of content he shares online. As Diljit wraps up his time in Japan, attention now shifts to the Europe leg of his Aura World Tour 2026. With sold-out concerts, energetic performances, and a massive international fan base, the singer is expected to continue his successful run across Europe. His latest travel update has only added to the excitement, giving fans another reason to look forward to the next chapter of his global journey.

  • | |

    Armed robbers loot Rs6.5 million from Edhi Centre …

    KARACHI: An armed robbery took place at an Edhi Centre in Karachi’s Sohrab Goth area, with four suspects fleeing with Rs6.5 million in cash. According to the centre’s spokesperson, the money had been withdrawn from a bank to pay employees’ salaries when the robbers targeted the staff. Police said four armed men riding two motorcycles carried out the robbery and escaped with the cash. Initial information is being obtained from employees who were present at the centre. According to their statements, all four suspects were wearing helmets during the robbery. Police said efforts were underway to obtain CCTV footage from the area to identify the suspects. An investigation into the incident is also continuing. Sindh Chief Minister has sought a report from the Inspector General of Police over the robbery. The chief minister said the Edhi Centre serves as a major source of support for poor and abandoned people. He directed the police to investigate the incident immediately and ensure that those responsible are brought to justice. He added that protecting the lives and property of citizens remains the government’s top priority.

  • | |

    BBC documentary renews scrutiny of Jared Leto

    A new BBC documentary, Jared Leto: Hollywood’s Dark Secret, has renewed public scrutiny of Oscar-winning actor and musician Jared Leto after multiple women alleged they were teenagers when they first encountered him. Leto has strongly denied all allegations, while the documentary has also reignited debate over Hollywood’s handling of long-standing rumours involving powerful figures. The documentary examines allegations made by several women regarding their interactions with Leto. Although the claims have attracted widespread attention, the actor has categorically rejected every accusation made against him. In a statement, Leto said: “I have never sexually assaulted anyone in my entire life. These claims are absolutely and categorically false.” The documentary has prompted broader discussions beyond the allegations themselves, with many industry insiders questioning whether Hollywood has done enough to address persistent rumours before they become major public scandals. One talent agent interviewed in connection with the documentary criticised the industry’s culture of silence, saying: “Hollywood doesn’t have an information problem. It has a courage problem. Everybody hears the whispers. Almost nobody wants to be the first person to ask the hard question.” According to the documentary, reports and entertainment industry gossip regarding Leto’s interactions with younger women have circulated for years, including a 2005 Page Six report that cited anonymous allegations. However, none of those reports established criminal wrongdoing. Critics interviewed in the documentary argue that while allegations alone should not be treated as proof of misconduct, repeated concerns should have encouraged greater scrutiny instead of being dismissed. A veteran Hollywood manager commented: “Young actresses talk to each other. Hair and makeup artists talk. Assistants talk. Drivers talk. The idea that nobody knew anything is almost never true.” The documentary also draws comparisons with lessons learned during the #MeToo movement, suggesting that repeated allegations deserve careful attention even when they have not been legally proven. It argues that the entertainment industry should be willing to investigate concerns earlier rather than waiting until they receive widespread media coverage. A longtime entertainment executive featured in the programme summarised the broader issue by saying: “The real test of Hollywood isn’t how it reacts after a documentary airs. It’s what it does with the whispers years before anyone picks up a camera.” The documentary has therefore shifted part of the conversation away from Leto himself and towards the wider culture within the entertainment industry. Many observers believe the central question is whether Hollywood has truly changed since the #MeToo movement or whether concerns continue to be ignored until they become impossible to overlook. While Leto continues to deny all allegations and no criminal wrongdoing has been established in relation to the claims discussed in the documentary, Jared Leto: Hollywood’s Dark Secret has once again placed the spotlight on accountability within the entertainment industry. For many, the debate now extends beyond one celebrity to whether Hollywood is willing to confront troubling rumours before they evolve into public controversies. 

  • | |

    Heavy rain disrupts traffic, floods low-lying area…

    Heavy rainfall disrupted routine life across Lahore on Saturday, leaving several roads, underpasses and low-lying neighbourhoods inundated and causing difficulties for motorists and pedestrians. The downpour led to significant water accumulation in different parts of the city, slowing traffic and making several routes difficult to navigate. Residents in low-lying areas faced particular inconvenience as rainwater gathered on streets and roads. According to rainfall figures recorded by the Water and Sanitation Agency (Wasa), Lahore received an average of 24.6 millimetres of rain. The highest rainfall was recorded at Lahore Airport, where 104mm was reported. Kahna received 75.6mm, while 62.6mm was recorded at Hadiara Defence Road and 58.6mm at Manawan. Rainfall was also recorded in Tajpura, Mughalpura, Shadipura, Defence Phase-VI, Farrukhabad, Saggian, Lakshmi Chowk, Chowk Nakhuda and other areas. Although the rain provided relief from the prevailing heat and brought cooler weather, waterlogging created problems for commuters and once again highlighted the challenges faced by Lahore’s low-lying areas during heavy showers. Wasa Lahore mobilised field teams and heavy machinery to remove accumulated water from affected locations. Officials continued drainage operations at several underpasses, major roads and low-lying points across the city. Wasa Managing Director Ghufran Ahmed inspected drainage activities at several key locations, including Mubeen Shaheed Underpass, Noor Jehan Road, MM Alam Road, Main Boulevard Gulberg, Qaddafi Stadium and Liberty Chowk. He also reviewed operations at Kalma Chowk Underpass and other emergency drainage facilities. Officials said disposal stations in areas affected by power outages were being operated with generators to ensure that drainage work continued without interruption. Wasa Vice Chairman Chaudhry Shehbaz Ahmed also inspected water drainage arrangements at several locations, including Shalimar Link Road, Bhagwanpura, UET and nearby areas. Meanwhile, Chief Traffic Officer Abdul Rahim Shirazi directed traffic officials to remain present in the field and closely monitor traffic flow and vulnerable points during the rainfall. Traffic police coordinated with Wasa teams to facilitate the removal of standing water and advised motorists to drive carefully on slippery roads. Drivers were urged to maintain a safe distance, avoid sudden braking and reduce speed. Motorcyclists were advised to wear helmets and avoid unnecessary overtaking. Citizens were also warned against entering roads where floodwater appeared deep or unsafe.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *