girls dominate hyderabad
| |

Girls dominate Hyderabad Board Class X results

HYDERABAD: Female students have secured several top positions in the Class X annual examinations conducted by the Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education Hyderabad, with the results being announced after a delay of nearly one month.

The results for both Science and General groups were released late Thursday, providing students with the long-awaited outcome of their examinations.

In the Science Group, Sarah, daughter of Nisar Ahmed, from Foundation Grammar High School, Tando Allahyar, claimed the top position by securing 991 marks.

Aswad Amir of Government High School No 1, Matli, stood second with 986 marks, while Mukarrama Abid of St Mary’s Convent Girls Higher Secondary School, Hyderabad, secured third position with 982 marks.

A total of 78,935 candidates had registered for the Science Group examinations. Of these, 77,703 students appeared.

Among the candidates who took the examination, 10,799 achieved A1 grade, while 40,769 secured A grade. Another 17,248 students obtained B grade, 3,816 received C grade and 239 were placed in D grade.

The board declared 4,781 candidates unsuccessful. Results of 32 students were withheld because of reported use of unfair means and other reasons.

The General Group also produced strong performances by female students. Wajihullah Khan of Deaf Reach Higher Secondary School secured first position with 873 marks.

Habiba from Government Girls High School, Latifabad Unit No 6, Hyderabad, secured second position with 865 marks. Her schoolmate Halima stood third with 861 marks.

The General Group had 1,570 registered candidates, of whom 1,488 appeared in the examinations.

Three candidates achieved A1 grade, while 332 obtained A grade. A total of 808 students secured B grade, 227 received C grade and 18 were placed in D grade.

Similar Posts

  • |

    Norway demands Infantino resign as FIFA pressure mounts

    OSLO: Norway’s Football Federation has announced that it will call for FIFA President Gianni Infantino to resign, intensifying pressure on the football governing body’s leader ahead of next year’s presidential election. Norwegian federation president Lise Klaveness said Infantino no longer has the institutional trust needed to lead FIFA, arguing that the organisation requires stronger and more credible leadership in the current climate. “He does not have the institutional trust required to lead FIFA in a stable manner,” Klaveness told reporters on Friday. “We are going to ask the FIFA president to resign now.” Infantino, who has led FIFA since 2016, is seeking a fourth and final term. He is currently the only declared candidate and would need a majority of votes from FIFA’s 211 member associations to secure re-election. Candidates have until November 18 to enter the race. Norway has been among Infantino’s most vocal critics, particularly over the governance of FIFA and decisions made under his leadership. Klaveness said the federation believed there was “no turning back” for the FIFA chief. The latest dispute follows the collapse of Infantino’s reported plan to allow private investors to participate in FIFA competitions, including the World Cup. The proposal drew criticism and added to concerns over the organisation’s direction. Norway’s federation has also decided to refer three matters to FIFA’s ethics committee. These include the abandoned private-investment plan, the lifting of US footballer Folarin Balogun’s suspension during the 2026 World Cup following an intervention by US President Donald Trump, and FIFA’s decision to award a so-called “Peace Prize” to Trump. The Norwegian federation is also seeking a comprehensive review of reforms previously promised by Infantino. Former FIFA president Sepp Blatter has suggested Klaveness could eventually challenge Infantino for the presidency, potentially making her the first woman to lead FIFA. However, Klaveness has rejected speculation about her own candidacy, saying the focus should remain on football governance rather than individuals. The challenge from Norway comes as Infantino prepares for a closely watched election campaign, with growing questions over his leadership and FIFA’s future direction.

  • Punjab continues Rs25,000 Honorarium for 69,000 Imams

    Lahore – The Punjab Chief Minister’s Honorarium Program for Imam Masjid Sahibaan is continuing successfully under the directives of the Chief Minister of Punjab. According to the spokesperson for the Home Department Punjab, the provincial government has allocated Rs 21 billion for the program, while more than Rs 9 billion has already been disbursed to Imams under the scheme since January 2026. It is pertinent to mention that under the Punjab Chief Minister’s Honorarium Program, more than 69,000 registered Imams across the province are receiving a monthly honorarium of Rs 25,000. The spokesperson stated that the monthly honorarium is being disbursed without interruption to registered Imams throughout Punjab through dedicated ATM cards. The payment mechanism has been designed to ensure dignity, convenience, transparency and efficiency in accordance with modern standards. The Government of Punjab has completed all necessary documentation for the honorarium program for the fiscal year 2026–27, and the required payment has been transferred to the Bank of Punjab. The spokesperson further stated that respected Imams are playing an exemplary role in promoting religious harmony, maintaining peace and fostering social welfare across the province. Their services and contributions are helping strengthen social cohesion and reinforce the values of unity and harmony in the society.

  • | |

    Bunnie Xo explores new career chapter after report…

    Bunnie Xo is reportedly turning the page on a new chapter of her life by exploring opportunities in reality television following her high-profile divorce from country music star Jelly Roll. According to People, the podcast host, author and entrepreneur has been holding meetings with producers, agents and production companies in Los Angeles as she considers starring in her own reality TV series. The reported project would mark Bunnie’s biggest step yet into mainstream entertainment as she continues to expand her career beyond podcasting.  The 46-year-old, whose real name is Alisa DeFord, has spent recent weeks embracing what she calls a fresh start after finalizing her divorce from Jelly Roll, born Jason DeFord. The former couple ended their nearly 10-year marriage earlier this summer in what has been described as an amicable split. Court records cited irreconcilable differences, and both agreed to keep details of the separation private while maintaining respect for one another.  Sources told People that Bunnie is eager to focus on new professional goals and has been seriously exploring television opportunities. One reported concept would follow her move into a shared compound with close friends, offering viewers a behind-the-scenes look at her personal life, business ventures and friendships. However, no official deal has been announced, and discussions are still in the early stages.  Bunnie first gained a loyal audience through her hit Dumb Blonde podcast, where she interviews celebrities, musicians and internet personalities while also speaking openly about her own life. Her candid personality and willingness to discuss difficult topics have helped her build a large following across social media platforms.  Since the divorce, Bunnie has continued sharing updates about her life with fans. She recently revealed that she is focusing on healing, personal growth and new experiences rather than jumping into another relationship. She has also documented several lifestyle changes, including moving into a new home, purchasing a luxury Rolls-Royce and planning to return to school by enrolling at Arizona State University for a double major.  Although public interest in her personal life remains high, Bunnie has emphasized that she wants to shape her own future through new creative projects. A reality series could give audiences a closer look at her life after divorce while showcasing the entrepreneurial side that has helped her build a successful media brand.  For now, Bunnie’s reported television ambitions remain in development, but the interest from Hollywood producers suggests she could soon become a familiar face on reality TV. As she navigates life after her marriage, she appears determined to transform a difficult personal chapter into an opportunity for professional growth, proving that sometimes the end of one journey can become the beginning of another. 

  • |

    New $35 million investment in Lahore unveiled in London 

    British-Pakistani business group One Homes has unveiled a new $35 million residential development in Lahore at a global keynote and media event held at The May Fair Hotel in London. The event marked the first official presentation of the development, revealing its architecture, interiors, residences and amenity programme ahead of an international launch across the UK, Europe and North America. One Edition marks the British developer’s return to Lahore following the success of One Canal Road, its flagship development in the city, which has now entered the handover phase. Designed by internationally acclaimed Miami-based architect Kobi Karp, One Canal Road established a new benchmark for premium residential development in Lahore and became one of the city’s most recognised addresses. Aqib Hassan, Chief Commercial Officer at One Homes, said: “One Canal Road proved what was possible. We came to Lahore as an international developer, built in the heart of the city and set out to create a new standard in the market.” The development became the foundation for a wider portfolio that now exceeds $435 million across Lahore and Islamabad. One Edition represents the next stage of that journey, shaped not by what has succeeded elsewhere, but by a deeper understanding of Lahore itself. “One Edition doesn’t try to imitate another city. It belongs here in Lahore. It feels like home,” Hassan added. “It’s modern living fused with a celebration of Lahore’s rich culture.” Located on Raiwind Road, approximately ten minutes from Lahore Ring Road, the development sits within an established residential corridor connecting residents to the wider city. Its position places it within convenient reach of leading schools and universities, healthcare, shopping destinations and major residential communities. One Edition has been conceived specifically for overseas Pakistanis, a community One Homes has developed deep expertise in serving across its portfolio. It is designed for those building lives around the world who want to remain connected to Lahore without compromising the quality, comfort and services they have come to expect. Kobi Karp returns as lead architect following his work on One Canal Road. His appointment reflects both the strength of that collaboration and the ambition of what follows. For One Edition, the design intent moves from import to interpretation, drawing on Lahore’s character to create a building that belongs to its city. London-based Jolie Design Studio has been appointed to lead the interiors, marking its first project in Pakistan. Known for a sensory-led philosophy that considers how spaces are lived and experienced, Jolie brings an approach centred on atmosphere, comfort and the details that shape daily life. Aqib said that the One Group has more than $435 million in projects under development across Lahore and Islamabad, with focus on overseas Pakistanis.

  • |

    Moroccan migrants return home after failed bid to reach Europe

    Thousands of Moroccan migrants who entered Spain’s North African enclave of Ceuta this week have begun returning home after their hopes of reaching mainland Europe faded. Many said they were driven back by hunger, exhaustion and difficult living conditions, while others claimed they faced hostility after arriving in the Spanish territory. Several returnees said they had decided to cross into Ceuta after watching viral social media videos and receiving messages from friends claiming the heavily guarded border could be breached. Believing they had a chance to build a better future in Europe, many left their jobs and travelled to the border. However, after reaching Ceuta, migrants discovered there was no clear route to mainland Spain. Many said they became stranded in the enclave with limited access to food, water and shelter. One migrant said he survived for three days by drinking only water because he could not afford food. He described the cost of basic meals as extremely high and said life in Ceuta was far more difficult than he had expected. Returning migrants also claimed that many supermarkets and shops remained closed, making it difficult to buy essential supplies. Some spent days in wet clothes after swimming across the border and struggled to find safe places to rest. Several migrants alleged they were forced to leave certain neighbourhoods by local residents, although those claims could not be independently verified. Spanish authorities confirmed that two people suffered minor injuries in separate knife attacks and said one suspect had been arrested. Officials added that no deaths linked to the incidents had been reported. The large influx also affected businesses on both sides of the border. In the Moroccan border city of Fnideq, hotels and restaurants faced staff shortages after several workers crossed into Ceuta. Some employers have already begun looking for replacement workers as many employees remain missing. Meanwhile, daily life in Ceuta has gradually started returning to normal. Cafes have reopened in parts of the city, while police continue to maintain a strong security presence. Many businesses, however, remain closed as authorities monitor the situation. Aid workers said migrant reception facilities are operating at full capacity, with thousands of people still believed to be inside the enclave awaiting assistance or decisions on their future. Local residents expressed mixed emotions over the crisis. While many admitted the sudden arrival of thousands of migrants created fear and uncertainty, others said they sympathised with the young people, arguing they had been misled by false hopes of an easier route into Europe.

  • | |

    Josh Duhamel breaks silence on leaving Los Angeles

    Josh Duhamel has opened up about his decision to relocate his family from Los Angeles to Minnesota, explaining that the move was driven by a desire for a slower, more meaningful way of life. Although the actor has embraced life in the Midwest, he made it clear that he has not completely walked away from Los Angeles, where much of his career continues to be based. (foxnews.com⁠) Speaking in a recent interview, Duhamel said he wanted his children to grow up surrounded by nature rather than the fast-paced environment of Hollywood. The actor explained that Minnesota offers the kind of lifestyle he always envisioned for his family, with plenty of outdoor activities, privacy and a strong sense of community. (foxnews.com⁠) The Transformers star, who shares son Axl with ex-wife Fergie and welcomed son Shepherd with wife Audra Mari in 2024, said the move has allowed his family to spend more quality time together. Instead of dealing with constant traffic and the pressures of city life, they now enjoy a quieter routine that includes fishing, hiking and spending time outdoors. (people.com⁠) Despite settling in Minnesota, Duhamel stressed that he has not completely left Los Angeles behind. He still travels to California for filming, business meetings and promotional events whenever work requires it. The actor acknowledged that Hollywood remains the center of the entertainment industry, making it impossible to sever ties completely while continuing his acting career. (people.com⁠) Duhamel also reflected on how the move has changed his perspective on success. While he remains passionate about acting, he said his priorities have shifted over the years. Today, creating lasting memories with his family matters more than chasing the nonstop pace of celebrity life. He believes the quieter surroundings have given him greater balance and allowed him to focus on what truly makes him happy. (foxnews.com⁠) The actor has long spoken about his love for Minnesota, where he owns a secluded lakeside property. Over the years, he has invested time and effort into building a peaceful retreat that reflects his appreciation for the outdoors. He described the property as a place where his family can disconnect from technology, enjoy nature and live a simpler life. (people.com⁠) Although Los Angeles will always play an important role in his professional life, Duhamel believes he has found the best of both worlds. By keeping one foot in Hollywood while raising his family in Minnesota, he has created a lifestyle that allows him to pursue his career without sacrificing the peace, privacy and family time he values most.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *