kelly clarkson reveals
|

Kelly Clarkson reveals why she is happy staying single

Kelly Clarkson has shared a candid update about her personal life, revealing that she is happy being single and has no plans to rush into a new relationship.

During her residency show at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas on Friday, July 24, the Grammy-winning singer spoke honestly with the audience about life after heartbreak, explaining why she appreciates the peace that comes with being on her own.

Addressing questions she often receives about her relationship status, Clarkson said many people assume she should be dating again. However, she explained that watching the challenges some couples face has only reinforced her decision to enjoy single life.

“People are like, ‘Why are you single?’” Clarkson told the crowd, adding that there are plenty of examples that make being single seem like the better option. She joked that she is grateful she can return home without dealing with unnecessary relationship drama.

The singer also reflected on the realities of maintaining a long-term romance. According to Clarkson, one of the biggest challenges for couples is preventing a relationship from becoming repetitive over time.

She explained that keeping the excitement alive requires continuous effort, saying partners need to keep dating each other and find ways to preserve the sense of magic that often exists at the beginning of a relationship. Without that effort, she suggested, relationships can become routine and lose their spark.

Clarkson’s remarks offered fans a rare glimpse into her personal life, as she has largely kept her romantic life private in recent years.

The 44-year-old singer was previously married to talent manager Brandon Blackstock. The pair began dating in 2012 and married the following year in an intimate ceremony at Blackberry Farm in Walland, Tennessee.

During their marriage, they welcomed two children together—a daughter born in 2014 and a son born in 2016.

After nearly seven years of marriage, Clarkson filed for divorce in June 2020, citing irreconcilable differences. The divorce became one of the most closely followed celebrity separations, involving legal disputes over finances and custody before it was finalized.

In August 2025, Blackstock died following a battle with cancer, marking another emotional chapter in Clarkson’s life. Since then, the singer has remained focused on her family, music career and television work while keeping her personal relationships out of the spotlight.

Clarkson first rose to fame after winning the inaugural season of

Similar Posts

  • | |

    Sharjeel Memon turns to NCCIA over social media al…

    KARACHI: Senior Sindh Minister Sharjeel Inam Memon has approached the National Cyber Crime Investigation Agency (NCCIA) over what he described as a social media campaign aimed at damaging his reputation and that of his son, Rawal Memon. Memon filed a written complaint with the cybercrime agency on August 9, seeking an investigation into what he termed false, fabricated and malicious claims circulating online. The controversy centres on social media allegations linking Memon to a guesthouse in Gulistan-e-Jauhar, Karachi, where Mir Ali Raza was allegedly tortured and killed. Posts circulating on social media claimed that the property was owned by the Sindh minister. Taking notice of the allegations, Memon urged the NCCIA to investigate the matter and determine the facts behind the claims. He also expressed his willingness to cooperate fully with the authorities during the investigation. The minister’s complaint comes as scrutiny surrounding the Mir Ali Raza case continues to generate discussion on social media, with competing claims being circulated online.

  • |

    Indian activist Sonam Wangchuk ends 26-day hunger strike

    Indian environmentalist and social activist Sonam Wangchuk has ended his 26-day hunger strike after holding discussions over the ongoing nationwide protests against alleged examination paper leaks. However, demonstrations demanding the resignation of Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan are continuing across India. Wangchuk announced his decision through a post on social media, saying he ended the fast after lengthy negotiations and concerns that the situation could lead to further violence. He said he would soon explain the conditions that led to his decision in a separate video message. The 59-year-old activist had been fasting since June 28 in support of a youth-led protest movement that accuses the government of failing to prevent repeated examination paper leaks. Protesters have demanded the resignation of the education minister after alleged leaks in medical college entrance examinations forced millions of students to retake the tests. Shortly before Wangchuk’s announcement, Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation and pledged stronger legal action against those responsible for examination fraud. He described the paper leak scandal as a serious issue affecting the future of hundreds of thousands of students and said the government would introduce tougher legislation to combat such crimes. Modi also announced plans to speed up court proceedings against those involved in examination fraud, adding that the issue would be discussed by the federal cabinet. While outlining the government’s response, he did not comment on demands for the education minister’s resignation. Despite Wangchuk ending his fast, thousands of protesters continue to gather at New Delhi’s Jantar Mantar and in several other cities. Demonstrators say they will maintain their peaceful campaign until the education minister steps down and comprehensive reforms are introduced to restore transparency and fairness in India’s examination system. The protests have become one of the biggest public challenges faced by Prime Minister Modi’s government since beginning its third term. Tensions have risen in recent days after clashes between police and protesters. Security forces used tear gas and batons to stop demonstrators attempting to march towards parliament, leading to widespread criticism from rights organisations over the handling of the protests.

  • | |

    Jeff Hiller earns Emmy nod and unexpected ChatGPT comparisons

    Actor Jeff Hiller has earned his second career Emmy nomination for a performance that lasted just seven minutes, but it is the unexpected comparison to ChatGPT that has amused him the most. Hiller received a nomination for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series for his appearance as Larry in Apple TV+’s science-fiction drama Pluribus. The actor recently addressed the reaction during an appearance on The Daily Show, where he admitted he never expected viewers to compare his character to artificial intelligence. “I’ve heard this. A lot of people have said, ‘You’re just like ChatGPT,’” Hiller said while discussing audience reactions to his role. Reflecting on his performance, he joked that his original intention had been very different from how viewers interpreted it. “I was trying to convey extreme love for her. And instead, I did ChatGPT. Anyway, I got an Emmy nomination for it. Sometimes you aim for one target, you hit another,” he said. In Pluribus, created by Vince Gilligan, Hiller portrays Larry, a cheerful biker who shares a memorable conversation with Carol, played by Rhea Seehorn, in the fourth episode of the series. The show is set in a world where a mysterious virus has transformed most of humanity into a blissfully content hive mind. Carol is among the few people who remain unaffected, and her interaction with Larry becomes one of the episode’s defining moments. The scene, in which Carol questions Larry about the intentions of the hive mind, ultimately earned Hiller widespread praise and an Emmy nomination despite his limited screen time. Speaking about his chances of winning at this year’s ceremony, Hiller remained characteristically humorous. “I’m not gonna win,” he joked before revealing the acceptance speech he believes would fit the unusual journey of his performance. “Suck it!” he quipped, laughing at the idea that his role had resonated with audiences in such an unexpected way. The nomination marks another milestone in Hiller’s career. It is his second Emmy nomination in two years, following his success for portraying Joel in the final season of HBO’s critically acclaimed comedy Somebody Somewhere. Since then, Hiller has continued to build an impressive television résumé with guest appearances in series including Elsbeth, Ghosts and Widow’s Bay, further establishing himself as one of television’s most dependable character actors. His latest recognition also highlights the impact a brief but memorable performance can have, with just seven minutes on screen proving enough to leave a lasting impression on both viewers and Emmy voters. The 77th Primetime Emmy Awards nominees were announced earlier this month, with Hiller among the contenders in the guest actor drama category. The ceremony will honour the year’s best performances across television. While Hiller insists he is not expecting to take home another Emmy trophy, his humorous response to being compared with ChatGPT has become one of the lighter moments of this year’s awards season, showing that even an unconventional audience reaction can become part of an actor’s success story.

  • |

    Will Scharf named Trump’s new White House counsel

    US President Donald Trump has appointed Will Scharf as the next White House counsel and assistant to the president. Scharf, who currently serves as White House staff secretary, will take over the legal post on September 1, 2026. He will replace David Warrington, who is set to leave the administration and enter the private sector. Scharf is a lawyer and political adviser with close ties to Trump. Before joining the White House, he represented Trump in several major legal matters. He was also involved in the presidential immunity case that reached the US Supreme Court. Scharf previously worked as a federal prosecutor. He also served as a law clerk for federal appeals court judges, giving him experience in both government and federal litigation. His new position will place him at the centre of the Trump administration’s legal strategy. As White House counsel, Scharf will advise the president on legal issues and oversee matters involving executive privilege, judicial appointments and relations with the Justice Department. He will also be involved in responding to legal challenges facing the administration. The position is considered particularly important as Trump prepares for growing political and legal pressure ahead of the 2026 midterm elections. Scharf joined Trump’s legal team in 2023. He worked on the federal election interference case brought by former Special Counsel Jack Smith. His involvement continued as the case reached the Supreme Court. In 2024, the Supreme Court ruled that presidents have broad immunity from criminal prosecution for official acts. The decision became a major development in the legal battles surrounding Trump. After Trump returned to the White House in January 2025, Scharf was appointed staff secretary. In that role, he managed documents and other materials sent to the president for review. He also frequently appeared with Trump during executive-order signing ceremonies. Scharf has also chaired the National Capital Planning Commission. During his tenure, he was involved in the approval process for Trump’s proposed White House ballroom project, which has faced controversy and scrutiny. His appointment comes at a politically sensitive time for the administration. The White House is dealing with legal and political challenges while preparing for increased congressional scrutiny before the midterm elections. Trump praised Scharf after announcing the appointment. He described him as “tough, strong, and smart” and highlighted his experience as a federal prosecutor and his work on Trump’s legal cases.

  • | |

    Karan Johar backs Prosit Roy’s new psychological love story

    Filmmaker Karan Johar is set to collaborate with acclaimed director Prosit Roy on a new psychological love story under the banner of Dharma Productions. The project is currently in the development stage and is expected to begin production later this year, marking a fresh creative partnership for both filmmakers. According to industry reports, the untitled film will blend romance with psychological elements, offering a darker and more emotionally layered narrative than conventional love stories. While the makers have kept the plot tightly under wraps, sources describe it as an intense relationship drama with a psychological twist. Prosit Roy is best known for directing the supernatural thriller Pari, starring Anushka Sharma, and the crime thriller series Raakh. His work has earned praise for its atmospheric storytelling and ability to explore the darker side of human emotions. His collaboration with Dharma Productions is expected to bring a fresh storytelling style to the production house’s slate. Reports suggest the film is still in the scripting and pre-production phase, with casting expected to begin soon. The makers are currently searching for the lead actors before moving the project to the shooting stage. Principal photography is likely to commence towards the end of 2026 if everything proceeds according to schedule. For Karan Johar and Dharma Productions, the project represents another step towards exploring diverse genres beyond traditional family dramas and romantic entertainers. In recent years, the production house has expanded into thrillers, courtroom dramas, horror and experimental storytelling, reflecting its changing creative vision. The announcement has generated excitement among Bollywood fans, many of whom are eager to see what Prosit Roy brings to the psychological romance genre with Dharma’s backing. Social media users have praised the collaboration, calling it an unexpected yet promising combination that could deliver a fresh cinematic experience. Although the film’s title, cast and release date remain undisclosed, the collaboration has already become one of the most talked-about upcoming Bollywood projects. With Prosit Roy’s distinctive filmmaking style and Karan Johar’s production expertise coming together, expectations are high for a film that aims to combine romance, suspense and psychological depth in a unique way.

  • | | | |

    Iran says US strikes kill 55, injure 645 as confli…

    TEHRAN: Iran’s Ministry of Health has claimed that at least 55 people were killed and 645 others injured in the latest wave of US military strikes across the country, as hostilities between Tehran and Washington continue to escalate. According to Iranian officials, the heaviest casualties were reported in the country’s southern and southwestern provinces, where several sites were allegedly targeted during the attacks. Iran’s state-affiliated Fars News Agency quoted a Health Ministry spokesperson as saying that the death toll had reached 55, while the number of injured had climbed to 645. The ministry described the strikes as among the deadliest incidents since the recent escalation in military tensions. Officials said Khuzestan Province suffered the highest number of casualties, followed by Hormozgan and Sistan and Baluchestan, where hospitals reportedly received dozens of wounded civilians following the attacks. The Health Ministry added that 586 of the injured have already been discharged after receiving treatment, while several others were treated for minor injuries and allowed to return home shortly afterward. According to the ministry, eight people remain hospitalized, with some expected to undergo additional surgeries due to the severity of their injuries. Iranian authorities condemned the attacks as an act of “American aggression” and called on the international community to respond to what they described as violations of international law. Officials urged global organizations to investigate the reported strikes and their humanitarian consequences. As of the time of publication, the United States had not issued an official response to the casualty figures released by Iran’s Health Ministry. The reported death toll and injury count have also not been independently verified, and international monitoring organizations have yet to confirm the claims. The latest figures come as military tensions between Iran and the United States continue to rise, fueling concerns about the humanitarian impact of the conflict and the risk of further regional instability. Security analysts warn that continued military exchanges could deepen the crisis across the Middle East, with civilians increasingly caught in the crossfire. They say the absence of verified information from independent sources makes it difficult to assess the full scale of the damage, but the competing claims from both sides underscore the rapidly evolving nature of the conflict. With diplomatic efforts showing little sign of progress, observers fear that further escalation could lead to additional civilian casualties and heightened security risks across the region, while the international community continues to monitor developments closely.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *