kuwaiti foreign minister
| |

Kuwaiti Foreign Minister meets Army Chief  Asim M…

RAWALPINDI: Kuwait’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, Sheikh Jarrah Jaber Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah, met Field Marshal Syed Asim Munir, Chief of Army Staff and Chief of Defence Forces, at the General Headquarters (GHQ) in Rawalpindi on Tuesday to discuss regional security and ways to strengthen cooperation between the two countries.

The Kuwaiti foreign minister was accompanied by Kuwait’s Ambassador to Pakistan, Nassar Abdul Rahman J. Al-Mutairi.

According to the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), the two sides exchanged views on matters of mutual interest, the regional security environment, and opportunities to further deepen bilateral cooperation.

During the meeting, the Kuwaiti foreign minister appreciated Pakistan’s continued support and its constructive role in promoting regional peace and stability. He also highlighted the longstanding fraternal relationship between Pakistan and Kuwait.

Field Marshal Syed Asim Munir reaffirmed Pakistan’s commitment to further strengthening ties with Kuwait, stressing that both countries share a common vision for regional peace, stability, and prosperity. He expressed confidence that the enduring partnership between the two nations would continue to grow across multiple areas of cooperation.

Similar Posts

  • |

    Saudi must recognise Israel, says Trump

    US President Donald Trump has reaffirmed that Saudi Arabia must establish diplomatic relations with Israel before Washington moves ahead with a civilian nuclear cooperation agreement with the kingdom. Speaking at the White House on Friday, Trump said the proposed nuclear partnership remains linked to Saudi Arabia joining the Abraham Accords, the US-backed agreements that normalized relations between Israel and several Arab states. Trump dismissed suggestions that the US Department of Energy had announced the nuclear deal without the Israel-related condition. He said there had been no misunderstanding within his administration and insisted the requirement had always been part of the discussions. “I have always said that Saudi Arabia must become part of the Abraham Accords for the deal to move forward,” Trump told reporters, adding that the accords had been successful and that the time had come for Riyadh to join them. The latest remarks came just days after the United States and Saudi Arabia signed a framework for cooperation on a civilian nuclear programme. While the initial announcement focused on energy cooperation and economic benefits, Trump later clarified that the agreement would only proceed if Saudi Arabia formally normalized ties with Israel. Saudi Arabia has not officially responded to Trump’s latest comments. However, the kingdom has consistently maintained that it will not establish diplomatic relations with Israel until meaningful progress is made toward the creation of an independent Palestinian state. Israeli leaders have repeatedly rejected international calls for a Palestinian state under current conditions. The proposed agreement is expected to create a long-term partnership between the two countries in the peaceful use of nuclear energy. It would involve the transfer of American technology, technical expertise and investment aimed at supporting Saudi Arabia’s civilian nuclear programme. Trump also rejected reports suggesting the agreement would allow Saudi Arabia to enrich uranium domestically. He stressed that no uranium enrichment would be permitted under the arrangement. US officials have argued that the partnership is designed to strengthen bilateral relations while ensuring strict oversight of nuclear activities. They say American companies will play a central role in developing the programme, allowing Washington to maintain close monitoring and prevent nuclear proliferation.

  • | |

    Kylie Kelce shuts down pregnancy rumors with blunt…

    Kylie Kelce shuts down pregnancy rumors with blunt message: ‘Stop it’ By Amna Malik Kylie Kelce has made one thing crystal clear—she is not expecting baby number five. The 34-year-old podcast host and wife of former NFL star Jason Kelce addressed the growing speculation during the latest episode of her Not Gonna Lie podcast after online rumors claimed she was pregnant again. Kylie, who shares four daughters with Jason, did not hold back as she responded to the claims with her trademark honesty and humor.  “We have four kids,” Kylie said before delivering a direct message to those fueling the rumors. “Stop trying to get me to have more. Stop it. That’s between me and my husband and my motherf—ing uterus.”  The rumors reportedly gained traction after photos from the family’s recent vacation in Paris showed Kylie wearing a loose-fitting dress. Some social media users quickly began speculating that the outfit was hiding a baby bump. Kylie, however, rejected those assumptions and explained why people should stop commenting on women’s bodies.  During the podcast, Kylie stressed that wearing comfortable or oversized clothing should never be viewed as proof that someone is pregnant. She argued that people need to stop making assumptions based solely on appearance, adding that such comments can be hurtful and intrusive.  Kylie and Jason Kelce are parents to four daughters: Wyatt, Elliotte, Bennett and Finnley. The couple has often shared funny and heartfelt parenting moments with fans, but Kylie made it clear that decisions about expanding their family remain private.  This is not the first time Kylie has spoken out against pregnancy speculation. In the past, she revealed that she had experienced a miscarriage before welcoming her children, making false pregnancy rumors especially painful. Her previous comments encouraged people to think twice before asking women whether they are expecting, as they never know what someone may be going through behind the scenes.  Fans praised Kylie for addressing the rumors so openly, with many applauding her for speaking about body image and personal boundaries. Her candid remarks also sparked a wider conversation online about respecting women’s privacy and avoiding unnecessary speculation about pregnancy. For now, Kylie says her family is complete with four children, and she hopes people will stop turning every outfit or vacation photo into another round of baby rumors. Her message was simple, firm and impossible to misunderstand: decisions about having children belong to her and Jason alone—not the internet. 

  • |

    West Indies stun Pakistan by 90 runs

    West Indies defeated Pakistan by 90 runs in the first Test of the two-match series on Tuesday. Pakistan failed to chase down a target of 211 runs. The national team was bowled out for just 120 runs in its second innings. The match was played at the Brian Lara Academy in Tarouba. Pakistan’s batters struggled badly on a difficult pitch. The West Indies fast bowlers maintained constant pressure throughout the innings. Pakistan began their chase with hopes of securing a win. However, the batting line-up collapsed quickly. Eight Pakistani batters failed to score in double figures. Captain Babar Azam was the only batter who offered strong resistance. He remained unbeaten on 58 runs. However, he received little support from the other end. Azan Awais, Imam-ul-Haq and Shan Masood were dismissed for three runs each. Ali Usman scored two runs. Khurram Shahzad made four runs. Salman Ali Agha, Aamer Jamal and Mohammad Ali were dismissed without scoring. The repeated fall of wickets left Pakistan in serious trouble. Earlier, West Indies resumed their second innings on the fourth day at 126 for seven. Their batters added 55 more runs before being bowled out for 181. West Indies entered the second innings with a 29-run lead from the first innings. That advantage proved crucial. It allowed the hosts to set Pakistan a target of 211 runs for victory. Pakistan’s batters found the target extremely difficult to chase. The pitch offered assistance to the bowlers. West Indies used the conditions effectively and kept taking wickets at regular intervals. The visitors had earlier scored 282 runs in their first innings. Shan Masood was Pakistan’s leading batter. He scored an impressive 109 runs. Imam-ul-Haq also made an important contribution. He scored 63 runs. However, the rest of the batting line-up failed to build enough partnerships. Justin Greaves was the standout bowler for West Indies in Pakistan’s first innings. He claimed five wickets and played a key role in restricting Pakistan to 282. West Indies had scored 311 runs in their first innings. Shai Hope was among their top performers. He scored 92 runs and narrowly missed a century. Kavem Hodge also played an important innings. He scored 84 runs and helped West Indies post a competitive total. Pakistan’s Mohammad Ali was the leading bowler in the first innings. He took four wickets. Mohammad Abbas also impressed with the ball and claimed three wickets. The match remained competitive because of the difficult batting conditions. However, West Indies handled the pressure better in the crucial moments. Pakistan’s second-innings collapse eventually handed West Indies a convincing victory. The hosts bowled the visitors out for 120 runs.

  • | |

    Elon Musk takes brutal dig at actress Anne Hathawa…

    Elon Musk has sparked fresh controversy after taking aim at actress Anne Hathaway over a speech she delivered nearly eight years ago in support of LGBTQ+ rights. The Tesla and SpaceX CEO criticized Hathaway on X after clips from her 2018 Human Rights Campaign National Dinner speech resurfaced online and gained renewed attention.  The debate began when marketing professor Gad Saad shared criticism of Hathaway’s remarks from the event. Responding to the post, Musk dismissed the actress in blunt terms, writing, “She’s just a marionette. Whoever wrote her speech is the real douchebag.” In separate posts, he also suggested Hathaway was simply reading a script and accused her of lacking independent thought.  Hathaway’s original speech was delivered in September 2018 after she received the National Ally for Equality Award from the Human Rights Campaign. During her address, the Oscar winner spoke about equality and urged people to reject discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender identity, and race. She also encouraged audiences to embrace empathy and treat others with dignity and respect.  Although the speech was widely praised at the time, a short clip recently resurfaced on social media, introducing it to a new audience. The video quickly went viral, triggering intense debate online and drawing reactions from supporters and critics alike. Musk’s comments added fuel to the discussion, with many users defending Hathaway while others echoed his criticism.  As of now, Hathaway has not publicly responded to Musk’s remarks. Her representatives have also remained silent on the renewed backlash surrounding the years-old speech.  The exchange highlights how old public statements can resurface and generate fresh controversy years later, particularly when amplified through social media. It also reflects the increasingly polarized conversations surrounding cultural and political issues online, where comments from high-profile figures often become major talking points. For now, the disagreement remains confined to social media, with Musk standing by his criticism and Hathaway choosing not to engage publicly. Whether the actress will respond remains to be seen, but the episode has once again demonstrated how celebrity opinions and online platforms can reignite debates long after the original moment has passed. 

  • | |

    PM Shehbaz calls for faster rightsizing reforms

      Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif has emphasized the need to improve the efficiency and performance of government institutions by adopting modern technology and enhancing the professional training of public sector employees. He made these remarks while chairing a high-level meeting on the federal government’s rightsizing initiative and measures aimed at improving the overall efficiency and effectiveness of state institutions. The meeting reviewed the progress made under the government’s administrative reform agenda, which seeks to reduce the size of the public sector, eliminate unnecessary expenditures, and ensure more efficient delivery of public services. Addressing the participants, the Prime Minister said that technological innovation and skill development are essential for transforming the public sector into a more responsive, transparent, and efficient system. He stressed that government institutions must embrace modern digital solutions while ensuring that employees receive the training required to adapt to new technologies and administrative practices. Shehbaz Sharif said the government’s rightsizing policy is already producing positive results by reducing unnecessary spending and improving the utilization of public resources. He noted that several major reforms have been implemented under the initiative, including the closure of the Utility Stores Corporation, Pakistan Public Works Department (Pak PWD), and the Pakistan Agricultural Storage and Services Corporation (PASSCO). According to the Prime Minister, these decisions were taken after careful consideration to streamline government operations, eliminate overlapping functions, and reduce the financial burden on the national exchequer. He said the objective of the reforms is to build a leaner and more efficient public sector capable of delivering better services to citizens while ensuring fiscal discipline. The Prime Minister stated that the savings generated through the rightsizing initiative would help strengthen the country’s financial position and allow the government to allocate more resources toward priority sectors such as education, healthcare, infrastructure, and economic development. To ensure transparency and accountability, Shehbaz Sharif directed that all positions and institutions abolished under the rightsizing programme should undergo an independent third-party audit. He said the audit would assess whether the reforms had been implemented effectively and whether the expected financial and administrative benefits had been achieved. The Prime Minister also instructed the relevant authorities to accelerate the implementation of all remaining rightsizing measures. He emphasized that administrative reforms should be carried out efficiently while maintaining transparency and ensuring that public services are not disrupted during the restructuring process. During the meeting, officials briefed the participants on the progress achieved so far. They informed the Prime Minister that vacant positions across various federal ministries and government departments have been abolished as part of the government’s effort to reduce unnecessary staffing and improve administrative efficiency. The meeting was further informed that work is also underway on the privatization of several state-owned enterprises. Officials said the government is taking practical steps to transfer selected public sector entities to the private sector in accordance with its broader economic reform programme. The privatization process aims to reduce the financial burden of loss-making enterprises on the national budget while encouraging greater investment, improved management, and enhanced productivity. Participants also reviewed the overall progress of the government’s institutional reform agenda and discussed future steps to further improve governance and public sector performance. The Prime Minister reiterated that administrative reforms are essential for ensuring sustainable economic growth, strengthening public finances, and delivering better services to the people. Concluding the meeting, Shehbaz Sharif reaffirmed the government’s commitment to continuing structural reforms aimed at creating a modern, efficient, and accountable public sector. He said that through the adoption of technology, improved training, transparent governance, and responsible financial management, Pakistan’s government institutions can become more effective in meeting the needs of citizens and supporting the country’s long-term development goals.

  • | |

    Heavy rains trigger NDMA flood warning for multipl…

    The National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) has issued a nationwide flood alert, warning that rising river levels and continued monsoon rainfall could lead to flooding in several parts of Pakistan through Sunday. The authority has urged citizens to remain vigilant and avoid unnecessary travel to flood-prone areas. According to the NDMA, the Indus River is currently experiencing moderate flooding at Guddu, while low flood conditions persist at Kalabagh, Chashma, and Sukkur. The Chenab River is also expected to witness moderate to high water flows at Marala, with low to moderate flows forecast at Khanki and Qadirabad. The authority further stated that the Jhelum, Ravi, and Kabul rivers, along with their tributaries, are expected to experience low to moderate flows. However, water levels in streams and tributaries connected to the Jhelum, Chenab, and Ravi rivers are likely to increase significantly due to ongoing rainfall. Hill torrents in Dera Ghazi Khan and Rajanpur are also expected to experience heavy water flows, raising the risk of flash flooding. Similar conditions are forecast for rain-fed streams and nullahs in central and southern districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and northern Balochistan. The NDMA warned that districts including Mohmand, Bajaur, Buner, Mardan, Kurram, South Waziristan, Shangla, and Peshawar in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa could experience flooding in streams and nullahs. In northern Balochistan, the Nari, Bolan, Kangri, and Lehri rivers are also at risk of flash flooding. Urban flooding is expected in several Punjab districts, including Rawalpindi, Jhelum, Gujranwala, Sargodha, Mandi Bahauddin, Sialkot, Gujrat, Narowal, Lahore, Okara, Sahiwal, and Faisalabad. Similar conditions may affect Sindh districts such as Sukkur, Hyderabad, Shaheed Benazirabad, Thatta, Badin, Sanghar, Khairpur, Mirpurkhas, Umerkot, Tando Muhammad Khan, Tando Allahyar, Tharparkar, and Nawabshah. Cities including Peshawar, Nowshera, Charsadda, and Mardan may also experience urban flooding. The NDMA has advised the public to avoid crossing flooded roads, rivers, and streams, particularly in mountainous areas where landslides, debris flows, and flash floods are more likely during the monsoon season. Travelers are encouraged to carry emergency supplies, including drinking water, dry food, a flashlight, a first-aid kit, a power bank, and emergency contact numbers. Citizens have also been urged to stay informed through the official Pak NDMA Disaster Alert mobile application and follow instructions issued by local authorities to ensure their safety during the ongoing monsoon season.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *