maryams big election
| |

Maryam’s big election pitch: roads, homes, hospi…

Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz has claimed that the public response at the PML-N rally in Mirpur shows that her party will secure a strong victory across Azad Jammu and Kashmir.

Addressing a public gathering in Mirpur, Maryam Nawaz praised the enthusiasm of the participants despite the intense heat. She said the large turnout reflected growing support for the PML-N in the region.

She said that people in Muzaffarabad also attended the party’s gathering despite heavy rainfall, adding that she had not come to Mirpur as a political visitor but as someone returning to her ancestral home.

Maryam Nawaz said Mirpur has beautiful houses and significant potential, but its roads and infrastructure require major improvement. She added that the time had come to begin a new phase of development in the city.

Recalling her visit with Nawaz Sharif, she said the former prime minister repeatedly admired the beauty of the region during their journey and appreciated its natural landscape.

The Punjab chief minister said Kashmir has abundant resources and talented people, but it lacks modern infrastructure. She stressed the need for better roads, advanced hospitals and improved facilities to promote tourism and economic growth in Azad Kashmir.

She claimed that the PML-N would provide the same facilities in Azad Kashmir that it has introduced in Punjab if it wins the upcoming elections. She announced that even before the elections, she was bringing a gift of 10 electric buses for Mirpur.

Maryam Nawaz highlighted Punjab government initiatives, saying that around 200,000 people had received homes under the “Apni Chhat Apna Ghar” housing project within two years. She said Azad Kashmir could surpass Punjab in development within five years if honest and effective governance was ensured.

She also called for introducing projects such as a Safe City system and housing schemes in Azad Kashmir to improve public security and living standards.

Criticising rival political parties, Maryam Nawaz said no other party could point to major development work carried out in Kashmir. She challenged opponents to identify even a single major infrastructure project completed by them.

She urged voters to make a careful decision, warning that choosing the wrong leadership could delay development opportunities. She said people from other provinces often praise Punjab’s progress and wish for similar governance.

Maryam Nawaz said that removing Nawaz Sharif’s contributions from Pakistan’s development history would leave behind “only ruins.” She promised that if people supported the PML-N, the party would bring changes in Azad Kashmir beyond public expectations and work to transform the region’s future.

Similar Posts

  • Swat peace rally blast kills 14, injures over 20

    By Haroon Siraj SWAT – At least 14 people were killed and more than 20 others injured in a bomb blast during a peace demonstration at Kabal Chowk in Swat district on Sunday, according to rescue officials. The demonstration had been organised by Olasi Pasoon, with people from different parts of the district gathering to demand peace amid growing security concerns and recent militant activity in the area. Participants were chanting slogans calling for the restoration of peace when the explosion occurred. Rescue officials said nine bodies and at least 16 injured people were shifted to Saidu Sharif Teaching Hospital, while five bodies and several injured were taken to Tehsil Headquarters Hospital, Kabal. Police and security forces cordoned off the area immediately after the blast and launched a search operation. The nature of the explosion and those responsible were not immediately confirmed, while an investigation was underway. The incident comes days after an armed clash between suspected militants and police in the Shalkho Sar area of Swat’s Matta and Kabal tehsils. In that exchange of fire, one police was killed, while police claimed that militants were also killed during the operation. No group had claimed responsibility for Sunday’s blast at the time this report was filed.

  • |

    Iran cautions US against military action during regional diplomatic calls

    Iran has warned that it will respond firmly to any future military action by the United States, with Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi delivering the message during separate conversations with senior officials from Pakistan, Turkiye and Saudi Arabia. The diplomatic outreach comes as tensions in the region remain high amid growing speculation about possible American military action against Iran. According to statements released through Iran’s Foreign Ministry, Araghchi held separate telephone discussions with Turkish Foreign Minister Hakan Fidan, Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan Al Saud and Pakistan’s Field Marshal Asim Munir. During the conversations, he stressed that Iran would react decisively to what he described as any new act of aggression by the United States or its allies. He said Tehran would respond proportionately to any attack targeting the country’s territory or critical infrastructure. In his discussion with Turkish Foreign Minister Hakan Fidan, both sides reviewed the latest developments in regional diplomacy and ongoing negotiations related to the current crisis. Fidan later confirmed the conversation on social media, saying the two officials exchanged views on recent diplomatic efforts and the evolving regional situation. Araghchi also used his conversation with Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan to repeat Iran’s warning that any military action by the United States, Israel or other regional actors would receive a strong and direct response. Iranian officials have consistently maintained that the country’s defence policy is based on responding to attacks with equal force rather than initiating conflict. Last week, Araghchi reinforced this position through a social media post, describing Iran’s defence strategy as an “eye for an eye” approach. He said any strike against Iranian infrastructure would be met with a comparable response, signalling that Tehran remains prepared to retaliate if its security is threatened. The latest statements come as reports continue to circulate about possible military planning in Washington. Michael Doran, a former senior official on Middle East affairs at the US National Security Council, said President Donald Trump is reportedly close to deciding whether to authorise a large scale military operation against Iran. Citing an Israeli official quoted by Israel’s Kan 12 television channel, Doran said the US military has reached its highest state of readiness, although no final decision has been made. Neither the White House nor the Pentagon has publicly confirmed the reports. However, the speculation has added to concerns that the already fragile security situation in the Middle East could worsen if diplomatic efforts fail. Regional governments have been closely monitoring developments, with many countries urging restraint and encouraging dialogue to prevent a wider conflict. Analysts say continued communication between Iran and neighbouring states reflects growing efforts to avoid further escalation while preparing for the possibility of increased military tensions. Iran has repeatedly said it prefers diplomacy but insists it will defend its territory and national interests if attacked. As uncertainty continues over Washington’s next move, the exchange of warnings and diplomatic contacts highlights the delicate balance facing the region, where any military confrontation could have far reaching consequences beyond Iran and the United States. Focused keyword:

  • | |

    Polling resumes in Muzaffarabad as AJK elections e…

    Polling is underway at 57 polling stations in Muzaffarabad for two constituencies of the Azad Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly, LA-27 and LA-28, following a one-day delay caused by adverse weather conditions. Voting in the two constituencies was postponed on Sunday after bad weather disrupted the electoral process. Polling has now resumed, with voters turning out to cast their ballots and choose their representatives. Election staff and security personnel have been deployed at the polling stations to facilitate voters and maintain law and order throughout the voting process. The elections are being held in phases across Azad Jammu and Kashmir. According to unofficial and preliminary results announced so far, the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) has won 14 constituencies, while the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) has secured victories in five constituencies. The results remain unofficial until the relevant election authorities complete the formal process and announce the final outcome. The overall electoral picture is expected to become clearer as polling concludes in the remaining constituencies and official results are compiled. The third phase of the elections will take place in the Poonch Division on August 10. The division includes four districts—Rawalakot, Poonch, Bagh and Haveli—and comprises 11 Legislative Assembly constituencies, ranging from LA-14 to LA-24. Political parties are now focusing on the upcoming phase as voters in the Poonch Division prepare to participate in the electoral process. The August 10 polling will mark another key stage in the AJK elections, with the results expected to play an important role in determining the final composition of the Legislative Assembly. Election authorities have urged voters to exercise their right to vote peacefully and follow the established electoral procedures. The final results from all phases will provide a complete picture of the electoral mandate and determine the political balance in the Azad Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly.

  • |

    Vikrant Massey explains why exes should stay in past

    Actor Vikrant Massey has spoken candidly about his marriage to wife Sheetal Thakur, offering a glimpse into the trust and honesty that define their relationship. The actor also shared his personal opinion on past relationships, saying he does not believe in maintaining friendships with former partners. During a recent conversation, Vikrant explained that he and Sheetal have always been transparent with each other about their past. According to the actor, openness is an important part of any strong relationship, and hiding significant aspects of one’s romantic history can create unnecessary doubts. He said that neither he nor Sheetal ever felt the need to keep their previous relationships a secret. In his view, couples who avoid acknowledging a serious relationship that lasted for several years may be sending the wrong message. Vikrant believes that if two people have shared a meaningful part of their lives together, there should be no reason to pretend that chapter never existed. Sharing his thoughts further, the 12th Fail star said that relationships should not remain hidden from close friends and family, especially if they were long-term commitments. He added that trying to avoid giving a relationship a label or deliberately concealing it often appears suspicious. For him, honesty and acceptance of the past are essential ingredients for building trust in the present. Vikrant and Sheetal first met in 2015 through a mutual friend. Over time, their friendship grew stronger, and the pair eventually fell in love. Their relationship attracted attention during the filming of the web series Broken But Beautiful in 2018, when dating rumours surrounding the two began making headlines. After several years together, the couple officially registered their marriage on February 14, 2022. A few days later, on February 18, they celebrated their union with a traditional wedding ceremony attended by family members and close friends. Their family expanded in February 2024 with the arrival of their baby boy. Following the birth of his son, Vikrant announced that he would take a break from acting to focus on spending quality time with his family. His decision was appreciated by many fans, who praised the actor for prioritising fatherhood during an important phase of his child’s life. On the professional front, Vikrant was most recently seen in Aankhon Ki Gustaakhiyan, where he starred opposite Shanaya Kapoor. He also made a special cameo appearance in Shahid Kapoor’s O Romeo. Looking ahead, the actor has a busy schedule with several exciting projects lined up. He is preparing for the release of Musafir Cafe, which is set to premiere on Netflix on July 24. In addition, Vikrant will also be seen in Yaar Jigri and Talaakhon, adding to an already impressive lineup of upcoming films. With his latest comments, Vikrant has once again highlighted the importance of honesty, trust, and clear communication in relationships, while giving fans a rare insight into the values that shape his personal life.

  • | |

    Police chief: Missing weapon may crack Mir Raza my…

    Karachi Police Chief Azad Khan has said that investigations into the death of Mir Raza are continuing from every possible angle, adding that recovering the missing weapon could be crucial in determining what happened. Speaking to the media, Azad Khan said the initial medical report was prepared by a doctor working under the police surgeon. The medico-legal officer (MLO) examined the body and submitted the report to the police surgeon, who kept it for two days before it was released. He questioned why any concerns regarding the report were not addressed immediately. According to the police chief, the police surgeon neither personally examined the body nor conducted the medical examination, and any reservations about the findings should have been communicated to investigators without delay. Azad Khan said police based their early investigation on the preliminary medico-legal report provided by the MLO. He added that confirmation of gunpowder residue on the deceased’s hands was also essential to the investigation. The police chief said the Crime Scene Unit collected evidence from the scene and handed all relevant material over to the medical team. He also questioned why the medical team did not visit the crime scene, noting that in many countries medical experts inspect the scene themselves, particularly in high-profile cases. He said that if Mir Raza’s family requests it, another medical examination can be conducted. Meanwhile, investigators are looking into the disappearance of the weapon believed to be linked to the case. Azad Khan also confirmed that police are searching for a waste collector seen in a video recorded near the scene. He said locating the missing weapon could help investigators resolve key questions surrounding Mir Raza’s death. The investigation remains ongoing, with police continuing to gather evidence and examine all possible leads.

  • | | |

    Naqvi tells tycoons: Stop funding politicians

    Federal Minister Mohsin Naqvi has called for sweeping structural reforms, warning that Pakistan cannot overcome its long-standing economic and governance challenges without fundamental changes to the country’s political and administrative systems. Speaking at the First Pakistan Investment Summit in Islamabad, Naqvi said the existing governance structure has become outdated and is no longer capable of meeting the country’s growing economic needs. He cautioned that without meaningful reforms, Pakistan could still be facing the same problems a decade from now. Addressing business leaders and investors, the minister said responsibility for the current state of affairs does not rest solely with politicians. He argued that the business community also plays a significant role in sustaining the existing system by financing political campaigns. Naqvi urged business leaders to stop funding political parties during elections and instead push for greater transparency, accountability and institutional reforms. He said reducing financial dependence on wealthy donors could help strengthen democratic institutions and improve governance. The minister also stressed the need to reduce Pakistan’s reliance on foreign loans. He said the country must focus on generating domestic resources, expanding investment and building a stronger economic foundation through long-term planning. Calling for national unity, Naqvi urged political parties to set aside differences and work together on a comprehensive reform agenda. He said lasting economic stability can only be achieved through collective decision-making and institutional improvements. Other speakers at the summit also highlighted the need for major administrative reforms. They argued that changes in governance structures, including decentralisation and stronger regional administration, could improve service delivery and reduce governance challenges. Business leader S.M. Tanvir said structural weaknesses continue to slow economic progress and called for fresh leadership and institutional reforms to strengthen the country’s administrative framework. Participants also expressed concern over Pakistan’s social and economic indicators. They noted that a large segment of the population continues to live below the poverty line, while unemployment remains a major challenge, particularly among young people. Several speakers said temporary welfare measures alone cannot address the country’s long-term economic issues. They called for policies that create sustainable employment opportunities, promote merit-based recruitment and equip young people with the skills needed to participate in the economy

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *