pakistan8217s ambassador presents
|

Pakistan’s ambassador presents credentials to Uzbek foreign minister

Pakistan’s newly appointed Ambassador to Uzbekistan, Muhammad Mudassir Tipu, formally presented copies of his diplomatic credentials to Uzbek Foreign Minister Bakhtiyor Saidov in Tashkent.

Describing the meeting as a distinct honor, Ambassador Tipu confirmed that both sides held constructive talks on bilateral cooperation. Foreign Minister Saidov highlighted that discussions focused on deepening the strategic partnership between the two nations, ensuring the implementation of high-level agreements, and expanding trade, investment, and interregional connectivity.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    Flash floods hit DG Khan, hundreds rescued

    By MIR Hunbal Birmani   DG Khan: Heavy rains in the Sulaiman Range have caused flash flooding in several small and large hill torrents in Sakhi Sarwar and adjoining areas, creating difficulties for tourists returning from Mubarki, Yakbai and other tourist destinations, as well as travellers and residents of tribal areas, in crossing the waterways. Taking notice of the situation, Deputy Commissioner and Senior Commandant Dera Ghazi Khan Muhammad Usman Khalid directed an immediate rescue operation under the supervision of Political Assistant Koh-e-Sulaiman Ameer Taimoor. The Border Military Police (BMP) mobilised its personnel and vehicles and reached various routes affected by the hill torrents to rescue stranded tourists, travellers, women, children and residents of tribal areas, along with their belongings, and shift them to safe locations. On the instructions of Deputy Commissioner Muhammad Usman Khalid, BMP personnel also helped private vehicles and motorcycles cross the flooded hill torrents. At some locations, motorcycles and luggage were carried on their shoulders to help people reach safer places. During the rescue operation, the valuable belongings and vehicles of tourists and travellers were also safely moved to secure locations. The BMP team also transported a woman who was on her way to hospital for delivery in an official vehicle. Due to the timely actions of the district administration and the BMP, hundreds of tourists, travellers and local residents were rescued from difficulties caused by the flash floods and shifted to safe places Deputy Commissioner Muhammad Usman Khalid said that, in accordance with the special instructions of Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz Sharif, all necessary arrangements had been completed in view of the monsoon rains. Teams of the district administration, Border Military Police, Baloch Levies and other relevant departments had been deployed at important routes near the hill torrents to ensure an immediate response to any emergency situation. He urged citizens and tourists to avoid going near hill torrents during rainfall and to follow the instructions issued by the administration. “The protection of the lives and property of the people is the top priority of the district administration,” he said. While on other hand , Senior officials on Thursday visited hill torrent structures and flood-prone areas in Rajan pur district to review the situation and preparedness measures. The visit was conducted by commissioner Dera Ghazi Khan ch.Ashfaq , Chief Engineer Irrigation, Dera Ghazi Khan, the Superintending Engineer Irrigation, Additional Deputy Commissioner Revenue Rajan pur, Assistant Commissioners of Jam pur and Rajan pur, the In-charge of Rescue 1122, and other relevant officials. The officials inspected the Kaha Hill Torrent siphon at RD-145 and Pull Pathan Camp at Tayyab Drain. According to officials, a peak discharge of 40,000 cusecs was recorded at Darrah, the originating point of the Kaha Hill Torrent, yesterday. However, a major portion of the floodwater dissipated during its passage, and only around 2,000 cusecs had reached RD-145 so far. The Irrigation Department has established eight camps in the area, equipped with the necessary machinery, equipment and manpower to deal with any emergency situation. Teams of the District Administration Rajan pur, Irrigation Department and Rescue 1122 are actively monitoring the situation and remain vigilant.

  • | |

    JI Secretary General Ameerul Azeem passes away

    Ameer-ul-Azeem, Secretary General of Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) Pakistan, has passed away after a prolonged illness. His funeral prayers will be offered at 5:00 pm today at Mansoora, Lahore. A Jamaat-e-Islami spokesperson confirmed his death, saying he had been battling cancer for a long time. Before becoming the party’s Secretary General, he served for many years as the central Secretary for Information. Born in Lahore in 1958, Ameer-ul-Azeem completed his matriculation from Islamia School Sant Nagar and his intermediate studies at Islamia College Railway Road. He later earned a BSc in Physics and Double Mathematics from Islamia College Civil Lines and an MBA from the University of the Punjab. He became associated with Islami Jamiat-e-Talaba (IJT) during his school years and later served as the elected president of the Punjab University Students’ Union. He also held the position of Nazim-e-Aala (Chief Organizer) of IJT. During General Zia-ul-Haq’s rule, Ameer-ul-Azeem led a long march demanding the restoration of student unions and was imprisoned for his role in the movement. While in jail, he was elected as the head of Islami Jamiat-e-Talaba. He later served as Jamaat-e-Islami’s central Secretary for Information, Secretary General of the party’s Lahore chapter, and Ameer of Lahore. In 2019, he was appointed Secretary General of Jamaat-e-Islami Pakistan by then party chief Siraj-ul-Haq following consultation with the party’s Central Shura.

  • | |

    FBR detects Rs10bn tax shortfall, issues notices t…

    ISLAMABAD: The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has issued notices to seven major oil marketing companies, including Pakistan State Oil (PSO), after detecting an alleged tax and levy shortfall of nearly Rs10 billion linked to imported petroleum products. According to official documents, the tax authority claims that the companies deposited less than the required amount in customs duty, petroleum levy and climate support levy based on the volume of petroleum products imported and unloaded at their storage facilities. The notices were issued after the FBR examined petroleum import and sales data, comparing the quantities of fuel handled by the companies with the taxes and levies paid into the national exchequer. The authority concluded that the payments made did not match the applicable liabilities. Reports indicate that the total amount identified by the FBR stands at Rs9.99 billion, prompting the revenue authority to seek explanations from the companies and direct them to clear the outstanding amounts. Among the companies named in the notices, Pakistan State Oil (PSO) faces the largest claim. According to the FBR, the state-owned oil giant is required to deposit approximately Rs8.19 billion in unpaid customs duty, petroleum levy and climate levy. The remaining amount is distributed among six other companies. Puma Energy and Pak-Arab Pipeline Company have jointly been asked to deposit around Rs135.3 million, while Hi-Tech Lubricants has been directed to pay Rs116.7 million. Similarly, B Energy Limited has been issued a notice for approximately Rs250 million, Taj Gasoline has been asked to deposit around Rs260.4 million, and Gas & Oil Pakistan Limited (GO) has been directed to pay approximately Rs222.2 million, according to the official figures. The FBR has warned all the companies that failure to respond to the notices within the prescribed time or to deposit the outstanding amounts could result in legal proceedings under the relevant tax laws. The development comes as Pakistan continues efforts to strengthen tax collection and improve revenue generation amid ongoing fiscal reforms. Authorities have intensified scrutiny of various sectors, including the petroleum industry, to ensure compliance with customs regulations and levy payments. The companies concerned have not publicly responded to the notices or the allegations at the time of filing this report. The FBR is expected to review their replies before deciding on any further legal or administrative action. The case is likely to attract significant attention given its financial scale and the role of the petroleum sector in Pakistan’s economy.

  • | |

    Where to stream The Devil Wears Prada 2 after its theatrical run

    Fashion fans can finally watch The Devil Wears Prada 2 from home as the highly anticipated sequel has officially arrived on streaming following a successful theatrical run. The sequel became available for streaming on July 29, roughly three months after its cinema release, giving audiences another chance to revisit the glamorous world of Runway magazine. The film is now streaming on Hulu and Disney+, where subscribers can watch the latest chapter in the beloved franchise. Directed by David Frankel and written by Aline Brosh McKenna, the sequel reunites much of the original cast, including Meryl Streep as the formidable Miranda Priestly, Anne Hathaway as Andy Sachs, Emily Blunt as Emily Charlton, and Stanley Tucci as Nigel Kipling. Set nearly two decades after the events of the 2006 blockbuster, the story follows Andy as she returns to Runway magazine, this time as the publication’s features editor, once again working under Miranda Priestly. The sequel explores how the iconic fashion magazine adapts to the rapidly changing media landscape while revisiting the complex relationships between its central characters. The film enjoyed an impressive run at the global box office before making its streaming debut. According to reports, the franchise surpassed the billion-dollar mark worldwide, making the sequel one of the year’s biggest commercial successes. For viewers who missed the theatrical release, Hulu subscribers can now stream the movie directly through the platform. The sequel is also available on Disney+, with availability depending on the subscription package in some regions. Several Disney and Hulu bundles also include access to the film. Fans looking to revisit the story from the beginning can also stream the original The Devil Wears Prada before watching the sequel. The 2006 classic remains available on Disney+, allowing audiences to follow Andy’s journey from aspiring journalist to one of Miranda Priestly’s assistants before diving into the new chapter. The sequel has also introduced several new faces alongside its returning stars, while maintaining the sharp dialogue, high-fashion settings and workplace drama that made the original film a cultural phenomenon. Critics have particularly praised the chemistry between the returning cast members and the film’s updated take on the modern fashion and publishing industries. With its digital release now underway, viewers can enjoy The Devil Wears Prada 2 from home on Hulu and Disney+, whether they’re revisiting Miranda Priestly’s world for nostalgia or experiencing the stylish sequel for the first time. The streaming launch marks the next chapter for one of Hollywood’s most iconic fashion franchises after another successful run on the big screen.

  • | | | |

    Iran warns Ukraine of response over alleged Caspian Sea attack

    Iranian officials have warned Ukraine that Tehran will not ignore attacks against its interests. The warning came after Iran accused Ukraine of allegedly targeting an Iranian commercial vessel in the Caspian Sea. Ebrahim Azizi, chairman of the Iranian Parliament’s National Security and Foreign Policy Committee, said any action against Iran would carry consequences. He said the United States and Israel were already aware of Iran’s position. Azizi also warned that Ukraine could soon realise that Iran does not leave hostile actions against it unanswered. He said the list of countries making what he described as wrong calculations about Iran’s response was growing. The remarks followed an alleged attack on an Iranian commercial ship in the Caspian Sea. Iranian authorities said one crew member was killed and another was injured in the incident. Iran’s Foreign Ministry condemned the reported attack. It also summoned Ukraine’s chargé d’affaires to formally lodge a protest. The incident has raised concerns about the possibility of the wider Middle East conflict creating new tensions involving Ukraine and Iran. The Caspian Sea has now emerged as another area of concern amid the escalating regional disputes. Earlier, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy claimed that a Russian vessel allegedly carrying weapons to Iran had been targeted in the Caspian Sea. Kyiv has previously accused Iran of supporting Russia in its war against Ukraine. Iran, however, has strongly criticised what it describes as attacks on its territory and interests. Tehran has repeatedly warned that hostile actions could trigger retaliation. Azizi’s latest comments suggest that tensions between Iran and Ukraine could increase following the reported maritime incident. His warning also comes at a time when Iran is already facing heightened military and diplomatic pressure

  • | |

    Rashid Latif urges PCB chairman to utilize Younis …

    Former Pakistan Test captain and wicketkeeper-batter Rashid Latif has called on Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chairman Mohsin Naqvi to make better use of former captain Younis Khan’s expertise for the growth and development of cricket in the country. Latif believes that experienced former players like Younis Khan can play a significant role in nurturing young talent and strengthening Pakistan’s cricket structure. Speaking at the inauguration ceremony of the Younis Khan Cricket Academy at KHA Legend Arena in Karachi’s Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Rashid Latif stressed the need to put Pakistan cricket on the right path by involving accomplished cricketers in the development process. He said Younis Khan’s vast experience and commitment to the game make him one of the best individuals to guide the next generation of players. Latif also reflected on Karachi’s rich cricketing history, noting that there was a time when the Pakistan national team featured a large number of players from the city. However, he said the situation has changed over the years, and Karachi no longer contributes players at the same level as it once did. Highlighting the importance of Karachi’s Malir district, Rashid Latif said the area has produced several outstanding cricketers, including Saeed Anwar, Khurram Manzoor, Asim Kamal, Younis Khan, and himself. According to him, the region has long been a breeding ground for cricketing talent and deserves continued investment in player development. The former captain also pointed out that while many of Younis Khan’s contemporaries are seeking positions within the Pakistan Cricket Board, Younis has remained focused on serving the game by working directly with aspiring cricketers. Latif praised this dedication, saying it reflects Younis Khan’s genuine passion for Pakistan cricket. Rashid Latif expressed confidence that the Younis Khan Cricket Academy will help revive grassroots cricket in Karachi by providing young players with quality coaching and professional guidance. He emphasized that similar initiatives can strengthen the country’s cricketing future if supported by the PCB and other stakeholders. Concluding his remarks, Latif paid tribute to Younis Khan’s remarkable achievements, describing his record of more than 10,000 Test runs and 34 Test centuries as an extraordinary milestone. He said cricketers of Younis Khan’s caliber are produced only once in a generation, making it essential for Pakistan cricket to benefit from his experience and leadership.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *