passengers tofrom thailand

Passengers to/from Thailand Urged to Check Flights as Middle East Airspace Closed

As of March 1, 2026, several Middle Eastern countries have closed or restricted their airspace due to escalating military tensions between Israel and Iran. This has led to widespread flight cancellations and rerouting for international routes between Europe, Asia, and Thailand.

Thai PM Anutin Orders Evacuation Flights for Thais in Mideast

Current Airspace Status

Fully Closed: Iran and Iraq have closed their national airspace to all civil aviation.

Commercial Suspensions: Israel has suspended all civil flight operations. Jordan and Lebanon have also implemented closures or heavy restrictions.

Partial Closures/Restrictions: The United Arab Emirates (UAE), Qatar, and Kuwait have implemented partial airspace closures for security reasons.

Impact on Flights to/from Thailand

The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) has issued an urgent advisory for passengers to check flight statuses as major hubs like Dubai, Doha, and Abu Dhabi are affected.

Airlines Affected at Suvarnabhumi Airport: At least eight airlines have seen disruptions or cancellations, including: Emirates, Qatar Airways, and Etihad Airways. EL AL Israel Airlines, Gulf Air, and Kuwait Airways. Air Arabia and Arkia Israel Inland Airlines.

Thai Airways (THAI): Operations remain largely unaffected as their current routes do not pass through Israeli or Iranian airspace. However, some flights to Europe may take roughly 20 minutes longer due to rerouting around Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Other Carriers: Air India and Turkish Airlines have suspended multiple Middle Eastern routes, including those to Iran, Iraq, and several Gulf states.

Traveler Recommendations

Check Flight Status: Verify directly with your airline before heading to the airport.

Passenger Rights: For flights departing from Thailand, passengers are protected by CAAT regulations in case of delays or cancellations. Complaints can be filed at the CAAT Complaint Center.

US and Israel Launch Massive Strikes Against Iran, Trump Vows to Destroy Missile Program

Transit Warning: Be aware that transit countries may not offer the same passenger protections as Thailand.

-Thailand News (TN)

Similar Posts

  • | |

    Two policemen injured in Peshawar IED attack

    PESHAWAR: Two police personnel sustained minor injuries after an improvised explosive device (IED) exploded near a police vehicle in Peshawar on Sunday, officials said. The blast occurred near Pir Zakorhi Bridge, close to the Peshawar-Islamabad Motorway toll plaza, where a police van was travelling on routine duty. The explosion damaged the vehicle and left the driver and a police constable with minor injuries. Rescue teams and law enforcement officials quickly reached the site and shifted the injured officers to a nearby hospital for medical treatment. Authorities said both policemen were in stable condition and suffered only minor wounds. The Bomb Disposal Unit (BDU) launched a search operation in the surrounding area after the explosion. Initial findings suggested that the explosive device had been planted along the roadside in a green belt and was detonated as the police vehicle passed by. Security personnel thoroughly scanned the area to ensure no additional explosive devices were present. Police cordoned off the scene and began collecting evidence to determine those responsible for the attack. An investigation has been launched, while officials are examining the nature of the explosive and the method used in the incident. The latest attack comes amid a surge in militant violence across Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. In recent days, several security personnel have lost their lives in separate terrorist attacks and counterterrorism operations in different parts of the province.

  • Thai PM Honors Fallen Soldier, Reaffirms Support for Troops and Border Stability

    BANGKOK – Prime Minister Anutin Charnvirakul presided over the royal cremation ceremony for Private Thanaphat Nanthawong at Wat Chuak Nok in Amnat Charoen province on Tuesday, honoring the soldier who was killed while serving along the Thai-Cambodian border. The ceremony was attended by senior government and defense officials, civil servants, and members of the public. […]

  • | |

    Meghan Markle has an offer: The truth behind her d…

    Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s decision to return to the UK has raised plenty of questions. After leaving Britain in 2020 and building a new life in California, the couple are now preparing to move back with their children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet. But according to fresh reports, Meghan may have another reason to welcome the move: a new career opportunity. The Duchess of Sussex has reportedly been offered a British television role, with the potential project being described as a major acting opportunity. Reports suggest the offer could mark Meghan’s first significant acting role in around eight years. However, details about the production and whether she has formally accepted the role have not been confirmed. (Nine⁠) The timing has naturally fueled speculation. Meghan was an actress before joining the Royal Family. She became widely known for playing Rachel Zane on Suits, but stepped away from acting after marrying Harry in 2018. Since leaving royal life, she has focused on producing, philanthropy and her lifestyle business, As Ever. Her reported acting offer could therefore represent a surprising return to the career she left behind. Still, the acting opportunity is only one part of the story. Harry and Meghan are preparing to establish themselves in Britain again, with their children expected to begin school there in September. The family will reportedly live in a private, non-royal residence outside London rather than returning to a royal property. (The Guardian⁠) Their decision also appears connected to family. Harry recently reunited with his father, King Charles, during a private visit. The meeting was significant because Charles had not seen Archie and Lilibet since 2022. Reports suggest Harry wants his children to have a stronger relationship with their British relatives and for the family to spend more time together. (Page Six⁠) Meghan’s reported acting offer may make the UK more attractive professionally, but it does not mean the couple are returning as working royals. They will remain private citizens and will not resume official royal duties. (The Guardian⁠) The Sussexes are also expected to keep their Montecito home, meaning the move does not necessarily signal a permanent goodbye to America. Instead, it appears to be an attempt to build a life that connects both sides of the Atlantic. (People.com⁠) For Meghan, a return to British television could bring her career back to where her public story changed forever. Whether the reported role becomes reality remains to be seen, but the possibility adds another intriguing layer to the Sussexes’ unexpected return.

  • |

    Haroon Akhtar appointed PM’s adviser on industri…

      The federal government has formally appointed Haroon Akhtar Khan as the Prime Minister’s Adviser on Industries and Production, granting him the status of a federal minister. President Asif Ali Zardari approved the appointment, while the Cabinet Division issued the official notification confirming Haroon Akhtar’s new role. He will take charge of his responsibilities immediately and oversee the Industries and Production portfolio as part of his advisory duties. Haroon Akhtar brings extensive political, business and economic experience to the position. He has served as a senator twice and has also been elected as a member of the Punjab Assembly on two occasions. His long association with the business community and industrial sector has given him substantial experience in economic policy, investment, taxation, industry and public-sector affairs. From 2015 to 2018, Haroon Akhtar served as Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Revenue with the status of a federal minister. During his tenure, he remained involved in matters relating to taxation, revenue collection and economic policy. Earlier, he served as a senator from 2006 to 2012 and played an active role in several parliamentary standing committees. His committee work covered key sectors, including finance, economic affairs, revenue, statistics, planning and development, commerce, industries and production, petroleum, natural resources and minerals, as well as sports, culture and tourism. Haroon Akhtar also has a strong professional background in actuarial science and business administration. He earned Master of Science degrees in Actuarial Science and Business Administration from the University of Manitoba in Canada. He is a fellow of the Society of Actuaries in the United States and the Canadian Institute of Actuaries. He also achieved recognition in the actuarial profession at a young age, becoming one of the youngest qualified actuaries at the time. His professional career has remained closely connected with Pakistan’s business and industrial community for more than three decades. Over the years, he has developed strong links with investors, industrialists, business leaders and government institutions, giving him a broad understanding of the challenges facing the private sector and the regulatory environment. Haroon Akhtar has also worked to strengthen coordination between businesses and government institutions. His experience includes bringing investors, industrialists and regulators together to improve communication, facilitate investment and address issues affecting businesses and industry. His appointment comes at a time when Pakistan continues to focus on strengthening industrial growth, attracting investment, improving the business environment and expanding economic activity. With his background in business, taxation, economic affairs and parliamentary work, Haroon Akhtar is expected to play a key role in shaping policies related to the country’s industrial and production sectors.

  • | |

    LHC grants interim bail in Crypto fraud case over …

    MULTAN: In a significant development in a cryptocurrency fraud case, the Lahore High Court’s Multan Bench has granted interim bail to Hammad Ali and other co-petitioners, observing that the prosecution has, at this stage, failed to produce sufficient material linking them to the alleged electronic fraud or the freezing of the complainant’s cryptocurrency accounts. Justice Tariq Saleem Sheikh issued the detailed 15-page judgment while hearing the interim bail petitions, emphasizing that the investigation remains underway and that the available record does not disclose prima facie evidence of cheating, fraud, or forgery against the petitioners. According to the judgment, the allegations contained in the First Information Report (FIR) do not appear, at first glance, to establish the offences alleged against the accused. The court noted that no evidence had been placed on record demonstrating the petitioners’ involvement in electronic fraud or showing that they played any role in freezing the complainant’s cryptocurrency accounts. The court further observed that it is the responsibility of the investigating officer to independently examine the role of each individual account holder before reaching any conclusion regarding criminal liability. The judgment stressed that investigations must be conducted impartially and based on verifiable evidence rather than assumptions. Justice Sheikh also noted that the petitioners had already provided the investigating officer with the records requested during the course of the investigation. The investigating officer, the court said, remains free to obtain additional documents from relevant financial institutions or other authorities if further verification is required. The judgment also outlines the complainant’s version of events. According to court records, the complainant initially invested Rs5 million in cryptocurrency. He claimed that a subsequent crash in the cryptocurrency market caused him heavy financial losses. The complainant further alleged that, in an effort to recover those losses, he sold household belongings, his vehicle, and gold jewellery to make additional investments in cryptocurrency. He later claimed that his cryptocurrency accounts were frozen, preventing him from accessing his digital assets. According to the FIR, the complainant then began withdrawing funds through the cryptocurrency accounts of friends. He alleged that the accused obtained cryptocurrency through bank accounts but failed to return the corresponding amount owed to him. After reviewing the available material, the Lahore High Court concluded that there was currently insufficient prima facie evidence directly implicating the petitioners in the alleged offences. On that basis, the court allowed their interim bail petitions while making it clear that the investigation would continue in accordance with the law. The ruling highlights the judiciary’s emphasis on evidence-based investigations in complex financial and cryptocurrency-related disputes, while leaving the final determination of criminal responsibility to the outcome of the ongoing investigation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *