psca reunites missing
|

PSCA reunites missing child with family after three months

Lahore: A three-month-old missing child, Ghulam Rasool, has been safely reunited with his parents as a result of a successful efforts of “Mera Pyara” Virtual Centre for Child Safety of Punjab Safe Cities Authority.

According to the spokesperson of Punjab Safe Cities Authority, the missing child Ghulam Rasool, who was found within the jurisdiction of Police Station Sadar Muridke, was safely shifted by police to the Child Protection Bureau Lahore. Following this, “Mera Pyara” team initiated immediate efforts to identify the missing child and successfully traced his family.

The spokesperson stated that after the child was found missing on April 13, 2026, “Mera Pyara” team conducted a detailed interview to collect information and started process of locating his parents. The child did not know his complete home address; however, he only remembered name of 32 Chak.Using modern technology, available data, and multiple sources of investigation, “Mera Pyara” team successfully identified 32 Chak, District Pakpattan.

Further investigation revealed that the child’s parents had moved from 32 Chak and were currently residing in Arifwala. The spokesperson further stated that “Mera Pyara” team contacted child’s parents with the help of local sources and, after continuous efforts, successfully reunited missing child Ghulam Rasool with his family.

The spokesperson appealed to the citizens that in case of any information regarding a missing, abandoned child, or a special person, citizens should immediately call Punjab Emergency Helpline 15 and select Option 3 or dial contact number 0309-0000015, enabling swift action along with ensuring safe recovery and protection of vulnerable individuals.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    ‘I’ll lead from the front’: Sohail Afridi vo…

    Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Sohail Afridi has announced a major march towards Islamabad on September 27, saying he will personally lead the protest demanding the release of PTI founder Imran Khan. Addressing a public gathering in Bannu on Sunday, Afridi urged supporters not to be afraid and said more than two million people would take part in the planned demonstration. “I will be at the front of the march for Imran Khan’s release,” Afridi said, assuring supporters that he would stand with them throughout the protest. He called on people to remain determined and claimed that a large turnout would make it difficult for authorities to stop the protesters. He also said that those who use oppression are often afraid when confronted by a large public movement. The chief minister also criticised the federal government, alleging that the people of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa had repeatedly been used as “scapegoats” in the past. He accused the authorities of treating the province as an experimental ground and said his administration was independent in making decisions. Speaking about law and order, Afridi said maintaining peace was a shared responsibility. He assured police personnel that his government stood firmly behind them and was providing funds for modern weapons and improvements to police infrastructure. Afridi also compared the current security situation with the period between 2018 and 2022, when Imran Khan was prime minister. He claimed that there had been peace and stability across the region during that period and said terrorism had not been a major threat. According to Afridi, violence and terrorism have returned to the province, with southern districts, particularly Bannu, among the worst affected areas. He held the federal government and those he alleged were responsible for bringing it to power accountable for the deteriorating security situation.

  • | | |

    Murad rejects Naqvi’s proposal for new admin…

    KARACHI: Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah has strongly rejected Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi’s proposal for creating new administrative units, calling it an outdated idea that the people of Sindh would never accept. Speaking to reporters in Bhit Shah on Friday, Murad said he had heard the interior minister’s statement but was unsure what exactly he was referring to. He said if Mohsin Naqvi believes the current governance system has failed, he is free to present proposals, but the idea of creating new administrative units is an old suggestion that has already been debated. The chief minister said Sindh is the land of Sufi traditions and its people would not support such a move. He stressed that any proposal affecting the province should reflect the will of its people. Murad also pointed out that different political parties are governing different parts of the country. He noted that Punjab is ruled by the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), Balochistan has a coalition government, Sindh is governed by the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP), while Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is under the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI). Commenting on the country’s youth, Murad said young people are Pakistan’s future and will lead the nation in the years ahead. He rejected any negative remarks about them, saying the youth are a valuable national asset and should be encouraged rather than criticised.

  • | |

    Three suspected robbers killed in Karachi police e…

    KARACHI: Three suspected robbers were killed during a police encounter in the Umar Brohi Goth area of Gulshan-e-Maymar, Karachi, police said. According to officials, the suspects had taken shelter inside a house. Acting on information about their presence, police reached the location and launched an operation. The suspects allegedly opened fire at the police team, prompting officers to return fire. Three suspects sustained gunshot wounds during the exchange. Police shifted them to a nearby hospital for medical treatment, but all three reportedly died while en route. Police identified the deceased suspects as Suresh, Ramchand and Anil. Authorities said the three men were allegedly involved in several criminal activities, and investigators are now collecting details of their previous criminal records to determine their involvement in other cases. A police officer also suffered injuries during the encounter and received medical treatment at a hospital. Officials said the investigation into the incident remains underway. Meanwhile, police carried out operations in other parts of Karachi and arrested five more suspected robbers. Authorities said further investigations are in progress, while efforts continue to trace and apprehend other suspects involved in street crime and robbery cases across the city.

  • | |

    Shahid Khaqan Abbasi criticizes government over ec…

    The head of the Awam Pakistan Party, Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, has criticized the government over the country’s worsening economic and political situation, saying that even government representatives have now started raising concerns about the state of affairs in Pakistan. Speaking at a press conference in Islamabad, Abbasi said that the interior minister had realized after four to five years that the country was facing serious governance challenges, while ordinary Pakistanis had been expressing similar concerns for years. “The people of Pakistan have been saying the same thing for the past four to five years,” Abbasi stated, adding that government ministers should raise such issues directly during cabinet meetings instead of discussing them publicly. The former prime minister stressed that Pakistan urgently requires meaningful reforms and warned that temporary or superficial measures would not solve the country’s deep-rooted problems. He argued that the country has repeatedly experimented with short-term solutions every year, but what is needed is a fundamental change in the system. “We need to change the system and establish the rule of law,” Abbasi said, emphasizing that strong institutions and equal application of laws are necessary for long-term stability. Abbasi also criticized political divisions and the practice of using accountability cases against opponents. He called for an end to the cycle of imprisoning political rivals, questioning how the country could progress if every politician was accused of corruption. “If all politicians are corrupt, then who will run the country?” he asked. The Awam Pakistan Party leader claimed that two major stakeholders currently play a dominant role in running the country, but instead of working together, both sides continue to blame each other for national problems. Discussing the economic situation, Abbasi said that the income of Pakistani citizens has declined significantly over the past six years. He claimed that household purchasing power has fallen by approximately 14 percent, leaving many families struggling financially. “Every household in Pakistan has become poorer,” he said, adding that unemployment has reached its highest level in 21 years. Abbasi also highlighted the increasing tax burden on citizens, stating that the average Pakistani now pays around Rs60,000 in taxes annually. He said that taxes that were previously around Rs30,000 have doubled in recent years, while poverty continues to rise across the country. The former prime minister argued that Pakistan is struggling to attract investment because of inconsistent policies and uncertainty. He accused the government of relying heavily on taxation rather than creating conditions that encourage economic growth. “There is no certainty about when new taxes will be imposed,” Abbasi said, claiming that unpredictable policies discourage businesses and investors from operating in Pakistan. He also raised concerns about public health and food security, stating that thousands of children in Pakistan are affected by HIV and that the government has started importing wheat despite the country being an agricultural economy. “A country known for agriculture is now purchasing wheat from abroad,” he remarked. Abbasi further criticized rising costs of essential services, including electricity, gas, petrol, and diesel. He said that ordinary citizens are facing increasing financial pressure because of continuous price increases. According to Abbasi, Pakistan’s current situation reflects a broader governance failure, and without major reforms, improvements in economic conditions will remain difficult. He called for political cooperation, institutional reform, and policies focused on economic stability rather than short-term measures.

  • | |

    Pakistan removed from Lloyd’s war risk insur…

    Pakistan’s Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister, Ishaq Dar, has welcomed the decision by the Lloyd’s Market Association’s Joint War Committee to remove Pakistan from its list of regions classified as high-risk for war insurance. The announcement marks a significant development for the country’s maritime and trade sectors and is being viewed as a positive sign of increasing international confidence in Pakistan’s security and economic environment. Sharing his reaction on the social media platform X, Ishaq Dar described the decision as an important milestone that reflects the international community’s growing trust in Pakistan. He said the move demonstrates recognition of the country’s improving security situation and its continued efforts to strengthen economic stability and regional connectivity. The removal of Pakistan from the war risk insurance list is expected to provide several economic benefits. Ships entering Pakistani ports will no longer face the additional insurance premiums that are typically imposed on vessels operating in areas considered vulnerable to conflict or instability. As a result, shipping companies are likely to experience lower operational costs, making maritime trade with Pakistan more cost-effective and attractive. According to Ishaq Dar, reduced insurance expenses are expected to lower overall shipping costs, which will benefit both importers and exporters. Businesses engaged in international trade may see reduced transportation expenses, helping Pakistani products become more competitive in global markets while also decreasing the cost of imported goods. These developments could contribute to increased trade activity and support the country’s broader economic growth. The Deputy Prime Minister emphasized that the decision is not only an economic achievement but also a reflection of Pakistan’s improving international image. He noted that the country’s efforts to maintain stability, enhance security, and build stronger relations with international partners have helped restore confidence among global institutions and businesses. Ishaq Dar also expressed appreciation to the Lloyd’s Market Association for its constructive engagement throughout the review process. He acknowledged the organization’s professional approach and thanked its Joint War Committee for carefully assessing the situation before making its decision. He said the outcome reflects a balanced evaluation based on changing ground realities and demonstrates confidence in Pakistan’s progress. Industry experts believe that the removal of Pakistan from the war risk list could encourage greater commercial shipping activity at the country’s ports, including Karachi, Port Qasim, and Gwadar. Lower insurance costs may also attract more international shipping lines and investors, strengthening Pakistan’s position as an important regional trade hub. The development is expected to complement the government’s ongoing efforts to improve trade, attract foreign investment, and boost economic recovery. Reduced logistics costs could benefit multiple sectors of the economy, including manufacturing, agriculture, and exports, while creating a more favorable environment for business and investment. Overall, the decision by the Lloyd’s Market Association’s Joint War Committee is being regarded as a major positive step for Pakistan. It not only reduces financial burdens on international shipping but also sends a strong message that the country’s security and business environment are gaining international recognition. Government officials hope this milestone will further enhance investor confidence, promote trade, and contribute to long-term economic development.

  • | |

    245 technical institutes affiliated by FBISE face …

    Islamabad: Questions have been raised over the affiliation process of hundreds of technical institutes after an audit revealed that 245 technical institutions were affiliated with the Federal Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (FBISE) before concerns over legal authority and inspection procedures were fully addressed. The issue came up during the 47th meeting of the Public Accounts Committee, held under the acting chairmanship of Syed Naveed Qamar, where lawmakers reviewed audit objections related to FBISE’s affiliation procedures. According to audit findings, FBISE affiliated 245 technical institutes during 2022 and 2023 and collected Rs. 26.750 million in affiliation fees. The audit questioned the process, stating that the original FBISE Act of 1975 mainly covered intermediate and secondary education and did not clearly mention technical institute affiliations. Officials informed the committee that the matter was reviewed by the Law and Justice Division, which issued a legal opinion on 15 June 2026. The opinion stated that FBISE has legal authority under relevant sections of the FBISE Act 1975 to conduct examinations, provide affiliations and issue certificates for technical education programmes including Matric Tech and Inter Tech programmes at secondary and higher secondary levels. During the discussion, PAC members stressed that clear policies and official notifications should be issued so that all concerned institutions have proper guidance regarding technical education affiliations. The committee questioned whether the legal position and policy framework were clearly communicated before allowing affiliations. Officials were directed to ensure that proper procedures and documentation are completed before moving forward. The audit also highlighted another issue related to the registration process of technical institutes. Audit observations indicated that provisional registrations were issued to technical institutes before physical inspections were completed. The audit noted that registrations were granted without complete details of teaching staff. Officials informed the committee that inspections were being carried out and most institutions had already been reviewed, while only a limited number of uninspected institutions remained pending as of March 2026. Officials also informed the committee about steps being taken to improve technical and modern education in schools. The Federal Directorate of Education has introduced coding, robotics and artificial intelligence programmes to encourage students towards technology fields. Officials said coding fellows were engaged through support from NUST, while additional technology fellows were also working to support IT education. The committee was also informed about the Matric Tech programme, which was introduced to provide practical skills to students who may not continue traditional education after matriculation and want to enter professional careers. Officials said the aim of the programme is to provide students with useful skills that can help them find employment and participate in modern industries. The meeting also discussed the shortage of teaching resources, especially in areas where educational facilities face staff challenges. Officials informed the committee that 1,699 teaching and non teaching fellows, including technology fellows, were engaged to support educational needs. The committee emphasized that technical education is important for preparing young people for future jobs but stressed that proper monitoring, legal clarity and transparent procedures must remain part of the system.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *