shania twain reveals
| |

Shania Twain reveals the secret behind her happy m…

Shania Twain has shared the simple philosophy that has helped her build a happy and lasting marriage with husband Frédéric Thiébaud, nearly 15 years after the couple tied the knot.

The country music icon recently reflected on her relationship, revealing that genuine friendship and mutual appreciation remain the foundation of their marriage. According to Twain, having a partner who supports and respects her has made all the difference.

“We really like each other,” Twain said with a smile, explaining that enjoying each other’s company is one of the biggest reasons their relationship has remained strong over the years. She added that laughter, kindness and never taking one another for granted have become essential parts of their everyday life. (people.com⁠)

Twain married Swiss businessman Frédéric Thiébaud on January 1, 2011, following one of the most difficult periods of her personal life. Their romance blossomed after both experienced heartbreak involving their former spouses. Over time, the shared experience brought them closer, eventually leading to a relationship built on trust and understanding.

Looking back, the singer says she feels incredibly grateful for the life they have created together. Rather than focusing on grand romantic gestures, Twain believes that showing appreciation every day is what keeps a marriage healthy. She explained that making each other laugh and remaining close friends are just as important as being romantic partners. (people.com⁠)

The five-time Grammy winner also acknowledged that every relationship requires effort. She believes successful marriages are built through patience, honest communication and choosing to support one another through life’s highs and lows. Those values, she says, have strengthened their bond with each passing year.

Twain has often spoken positively about Thiébaud’s calm and dependable personality. She credits him with providing stability while encouraging her career and personal growth. Their ability to respect each other’s independence while remaining deeply connected has helped them navigate fame and the challenges that come with it.

Fans have long admired the couple’s enduring relationship, especially given the difficult circumstances that first brought them together. Twain’s latest comments offer a reminder that lasting love is often rooted in everyday habits rather than dramatic declarations.

As the couple approaches another wedding anniversary, Twain says she feels just as thankful as she did when they first exchanged vows. For her, the secret to a happy marriage is refreshingly simple: cherish your partner, keep laughing together and never stop being best friends.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    Ben and Casey Affleck mourn loss of mother Chris A…

    Ben Affleck and Casey Affleck are mourning the loss of their beloved mother, Chris Anne Affleck, who has died at the age of 83 after a battle with pancreatic cancer. The heartbreaking news comes just weeks after she proudly attended her grandson’s graduation, a family milestone that now carries even greater emotional significance. Chris Anne Affleck was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in December 2025 and had been undergoing treatment in the months leading up to her death. Despite her illness, family members say she remained strong, determined, and deeply involved in the lives of her children and grandchildren. Her passing marks the end of a remarkable life that left a lasting impact on both her family and the community around her. Reports indicate that she died peacefully surrounded by loved ones. (people.com⁠) Chris Anne was much more than the mother of two Academy Award-winning actors. A former school teacher and community advocate, she devoted much of her life to education and helping others. Those who knew her described her as compassionate, intelligent, and fiercely supportive of her family. Long before Ben and Casey became Hollywood stars, she encouraged their creativity and nurtured their interest in acting and storytelling. Following the announcement of her death, Casey Affleck shared an emotional tribute honoring his mother’s strength and kindness. He reflected on the profound influence she had on his life and credited her with teaching him resilience, empathy, and the value of hard work. Family friends say both Casey and Ben remained close to their mother throughout her illness and made every effort to spend time with her during her final months. (people.com⁠) One of the final public moments Chris Anne shared with her family was attending her grandson’s graduation earlier this summer. Loved ones say she was determined to be there despite her health challenges and took great pride in celebrating the achievement. The occasion has now become a cherished memory for the Affleck family, symbolizing her unwavering devotion to those she loved. Fans from around the world have expressed condolences to Ben and Casey Affleck, recognizing the close bond the brothers shared with their mother. Social media has been filled with messages celebrating Chris Anne’s life and offering support during the difficult time. While Ben and Casey Affleck have spent decades in the public eye, both have often spoken about the important role their mother played in shaping their values and careers. Her encouragement, guidance, and unconditional love helped lay the foundation for their success. As the family grieves this significant loss, they are remembering Chris Anne Affleck not only as a devoted mother and grandmother but also as a woman whose kindness, strength, and generosity touched countless lives. Her legacy will continue through the family she loved so deeply and the many people she inspired throughout her 83 years. (people.com⁠)

  • | | |

    Karachi government colleges announce Intermediate …

    The Sindh College Education Department has officially announced the merit list for Intermediate admissions in government colleges across Karachi, marking an important step for thousands of students seeking admission after completing their matriculation. The newly published lists include the names of students who have successfully secured seats in various government colleges based on merit. According to the department, admissions have been granted strictly on academic performance, ensuring a transparent and fair selection process. Students who have been selected are advised to review the merit list carefully and complete all remaining admission formalities within the given deadline. Officials have confirmed that more than 160,000 applications were received for Intermediate admissions from across Sindh this year. Karachi alone accounted for the largest share, with 98,646 students applying for admission to government colleges. The high number of applications reflects the growing demand for quality public education in the city. The Directorate General of Colleges has instructed all selected students to confirm their admission no later than July 31. Candidates who fail to complete the confirmation process within the deadline may lose their allotted seats, which could then be offered to other eligible applicants under the merit system. Students are encouraged to check their admission status through the official admission portal or by visiting their allocated college. They should also ensure that all required documents are submitted on time to avoid unnecessary delays in the admission process. The education department has emphasized that admissions are being conducted entirely on merit, with students placed in colleges according to their academic scores and available seats. Those who were not selected in the first list may still have an opportunity if additional merit lists are released after the confirmation period. Education experts advise students and parents to stay updated with official announcements and complete every admission requirement before the deadline. Timely confirmation is essential for securing a place in the preferred college and beginning the new academic session without complications. With thousands of students preparing to start their Intermediate education, the release of the merit list represents a significant milestone in the annual admission process. Applicants should act promptly to secure their seats and ensure a smooth transition into the next stage of their academic journey.

  • | |

    George and Amal Clooney evacuate beloved French ho…

    George and Amal Clooney have been forced to leave their picturesque home in southeastern France after fast-moving wildfires swept through the region, placing thousands of residents at risk. The Hollywood couple, who live in Brignoles with their nine-year-old twins, Ella and Alexander, confirmed their evacuation as emergency crews battled the devastating blazes.  The Clooneys revealed the news in a heartfelt letter addressed to Brignoles Mayor Didier Brémond. In the message, the couple admitted they had no way of knowing whether their cherished home would survive the disaster. Despite the uncertainty, they expressed hope for the safety of their neighbors and pledged to stand by the local community during the recovery effort.  “At this point we have no idea whether our beautiful home makes it through this terrible moment,” the couple wrote. They also stressed that, regardless of what happens to their property, they remain committed to helping Brignoles rebuild. “We love Brignoles and our friends who live there,” the letter added.  The wildfires have spread rapidly across several parts of southern Europe, including France, Spain, Italy and Greece, fueled by extreme heat and dry weather. French authorities have carried out thousands of evacuations as firefighters continue working around the clock to contain the flames. Reports indicate that some of the fires have grown to cover an area several times larger than Paris, highlighting the scale of the crisis.  George and Amal made France their primary family home in recent years, choosing the quieter lifestyle of Brignoles over the constant attention of Hollywood. The couple has previously spoken about wanting their children to enjoy a more private upbringing, away from the spotlight. George has often described life in the French countryside as peaceful and ideal for family life.  Although the family has temporarily left the area, their message made it clear that they remain emotionally connected to the town they now call home. Their promise to help with recovery efforts has been widely praised by local residents and supporters, who have applauded the couple’s commitment during a difficult time.  As firefighters continue battling the blazes, the fate of the Clooneys’ home remains uncertain. However, the couple’s focus appears to be on the safety of their community rather than their own property. Their response serves as a reminder that natural disasters affect everyone, regardless of fame, while also highlighting the importance of standing together in times of crisis. 

  • |

    4.5-magnitude quake jolts Pakistan’s coast

      A 4.5-magnitude earthquake jolted Pakistan’s coastal region on Monday morning, with tremors recorded near Keti Bandar, according to the Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD). The seismic activity occurred at around 8:31am, with the earthquake originating at a depth of approximately 40 kilometres beneath the surface. The PMD located the epicentre in the sea, around 156 kilometres southwest of Keti Bandar. The tremors were felt in parts of the coastal belt, prompting residents to remain alert. However, there were no immediate reports of casualties, injuries or significant damage to buildings and other infrastructure following the earthquake. The depth and offshore location of the earthquake likely reduced its impact on populated areas compared with a shallower quake occurring closer to land. Nevertheless, residents in coastal communities may have felt noticeable shaking depending on their distance from the epicentre. Seismic activity is not unusual in and around Pakistan’s coastal belt, which lies near tectonically active zones. Earthquakes in the region can occur beneath the Arabian Sea and along nearby fault systems. The meteorological department continues to monitor seismic activity and may issue further information if additional tremors or related developments are recorded. Authorities have also advised people to remain calm and follow official updates in the event of further seismic activity. No tsunami warning or major coastal emergency was reported in connection with the earthquake at the time of the initial report.

  • Flood Death Toll Climbs to 162 in Southern Thailand as Relief Operations Accelerate

    BANGKOK – The Emergency Flood Situation Operations Center (EOC) reported on November 29 that severe flooding across eight southern provinces has claimed 162 lives, with Songkhla province suffering the heaviest loss at 126 fatalities. While authorities confirmed that water levels and rainfall are finally receding, the scale of the disaster continues to strain essential services, […]

  • |

    Nepra approves Rs21.4bn investment plan for SEPCO, sets loss targets

    The National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (Nepra) has approved a Rs21.436 billion Distribution Investment Plan (DIP) for Sukkur Electric Power Company Limited (SEPCO), covering its transmission and distribution operations for the five-year Multi-Year Tariff (MYT) period from fiscal year 2025-26 through FY2029-30. Along with the investment plan, the regulator has also set provisional targets for transmission and distribution (T&D) losses, while directing SEPCO to improve project execution, digitalise operational data and strengthen its planning and monitoring mechanisms. SEPCO had originally requested approval for an investment programme worth Rs90.563 billion. However, after Nepra raised several questions regarding the proposed projects, costs, utilisation of existing assets and investment requirements, the power utility submitted revised details. Following the revisions, SEPCO reduced its proposed investment to Rs40.191 billion in information submitted to Nepra on June 19, 2026. The revised proposal included changes in investment priorities and network development requirements based on updated demand projections. The company also revised project costs in light of the latest Purchase Orders (POs). Nepra, however, found substantial weaknesses in SEPCO’s original investment submission. According to the regulator, the initial proposal did not adequately reflect actual field conditions and lacked a comprehensive assessment of the utility’s requirements. It also contained gaps in cost calculations and information concerning the utilisation of existing assets. The regulator stressed that future investment planning should be based on reliable data, realistic demand assessments and proper evaluation of existing infrastructure rather than relying solely on projected requirements. Low utilisation of previous investments raises concerns Nepra also raised concerns over SEPCO’s ability to execute projects and utilise approved investment funds effectively. During the previous control period, SEPCO had been allowed investment of Rs39.509 billion. However, the company utilised only Rs14.231 billion, representing around 36% of the approved amount. The regulator said the low utilisation rate raised questions about SEPCO’s project implementation capacity and the efficiency with which approved investments were being converted into infrastructure and operational improvements. Delays were particularly noted in projects falling under the STG head. Nepra attributed the slow progress to difficulties in acquiring land, procurement-related problems and inadequate coordination between relevant departments. The regulator indicated that these issues point towards weaknesses in project planning, monitoring of milestones and implementation. SEPCO asked to improve network performance Nepra has also expressed concern over SEPCO’s technical and operational performance, particularly its transmission and distribution losses and reliability indicators, including the System Average Interruption Frequency Index (SAIFI) and System Average Interruption Duration Index (SAIDI). The authority directed the company to strengthen preventive maintenance programmes, improve energy accounting and introduce stronger system controls. These measures, Nepra said, are necessary to reduce losses, improve reliability and ensure consumers receive a more stable electricity supply. SEPCO’s approved investment priorities include expansion and strengthening of its 132-kilovolt network, augmentation of the existing system to accommodate future electricity demand and the deployment of modern technologies. The proposed technological improvements include Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems and Geographic Information System (GIS)-based mapping. These technologies are expected to support better monitoring of the electricity network, improve operational efficiency and enhance safety and service quality. Independent consultant made mandatory In a significant condition attached to the investment approval, Nepra has required SEPCO to engage an independent third-party consultant to review and validate its future investment plans before they are submitted to the regulator. SEPCO has also been instructed to prepare detailed Terms of Reference (ToRs) for the consultant and obtain Nepra’s approval before beginning the procurement process. The regulator said independent validation would help ensure that future investment proposals are based on actual requirements and that proposed projects are properly justified. Nepra pushes digitalisation of SEPCO operations Nepra has further directed SEPCO to move away from manual data-management practices and establish a comprehensive digital system for its operational information. The authority noted that dependence on manual systems can result in errors, delays and inefficient decision-making. A fully integrated digital platform, according to Nepra, would allow the company to monitor its network in real time, improve demand forecasting and make investment decisions based on reliable data. The regulator has also adopted a dynamic approach to the approved investment programme, allowing adjustments on an annual basis as well as a mid-term review. SEPCO has been directed to submit its mid-term review by December 2027. The review will include updated electricity demand forecasts, progress on approved projects and the company’s financial performance. Provisional T&D loss target set at 16.31% For FY2025-26 and FY2026-27, Nepra has approved a provisional T&D loss target of 16.31% for SEPCO. The target includes a 1% allowance related to law-and-order conditions. The regulator has also ordered SEPCO to commission an independent third-party assessment of its T&D losses through an international consultant or consortium. The study is required to be completed within nine months, with the timeline taking effect from January 7, 2026, in accordance with the tariff rebasing decision. Nepra warned that failure to submit the required independent study within the prescribed period could result in the regulator applying benchmark loss levels. Under the benchmark framework, the applicable levels would include 5.32% high-tension (HT) losses and 1.85% low-tension (LT) losses, resulting in total distribution losses of 7.17%. Transmission losses would be set at 1%, while the overall technical loss ceiling would remain within the range of 8% to 10%.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *