tom cruise reportedly
| |

Tom Cruise reportedly heartbroken after Suri drops his surname

Hollywood star Tom Cruise is reportedly struggling with an emotional family milestone after his daughter Suri Cruise chose to adopt the surname Noelle, a move that has fuelled fresh discussion about the father-daughter relationship.
According to reports, Suri, whom Cruise shares with ex-wife Katie Holmes, has registered as a voter in Pennsylvania under the name Suri Noelle, following her move from New York. The decision marks another step away from using her father’s surname and has reportedly left the actor deeply affected.
Sources close to the Mission: Impossible star told Radar that while Cruise respects his daughter’s right to make her own choices as an adult, the change has been emotionally difficult for him.
“Tom is deeply saddened by this development. While he understands Suri is an adult making her own decisions, seeing his surname disappear from her legal identity has been incredibly painful for him. He never imagined things would reach this point,” an insider told the outlet.
The source added that those around Cruise view the situation as an emotional setback rather than a legal issue.
“Those close to Tom believe this is an emotional blow rather than a legal one. He still cares enormously about Suri and hopes that, one day, there will be an opportunity to rebuild their relationship.”
The insider further claimed, “Right now, though, friends say he feels heartbroken and devastated by what this represents.”
Cruise and Holmes welcomed Suri in April 2006, during one of Hollywood’s most closely watched relationships. The couple married later that year before Holmes filed for divorce in 2012. Since then, Suri has primarily lived with her mother, and reports have frequently suggested that she has had little public contact with Cruise over the years.
According to the report, Suri’s decision to use Noelle is believed to be a tribute to her mother. The name, which means Birthday of the Lord,” also reportedly symbolises a fresh chapter in her life as she continues her education and establishes her own identity away from the intense public attention surrounding her famous parents.
Sources said Suri’s decision reflects a desire to move forward independently rather than remain defined by her family’s celebrity status. Choosing a different surname reportedly allows her to begin adulthood on her own terms while maintaining a close bond with Holmes.
Neither Cruise nor Holmes has publicly commented on the reports regarding Suri’s voter registration or surname choice. Likewise, Suri herself has not issued any public statement explaining the decision.
The reported development has nevertheless attracted widespread attention because of the long-speculated distance between Cruise and his daughter. While insiders maintain that the actor continues to care deeply about Suri, they say the latest change has been particularly painful because it symbolises how far apart their lives have grown.
Despite the emotional impact, the source insisted that Cruise has not given up hope of reconnecting with his daughter in the future. For now, however, those close to the actor say he remains saddened by the decision and hopeful that time may eventually provide an opportunity for reconciliation. 

Similar Posts

  • |

    Ronaldo and Georgina’s first wedding photo goes viral

    LISBON: Cristiano Ronaldo and Georgina Rodriguez have given fans an intimate glimpse into their long-awaited wedding, with the first photograph from their private ceremony quickly attracting attention online. The Portuguese football superstar and his longtime partner reportedly tied the knot on Aug 11 in a civil ceremony at their home in Cascais, Portugal. Rather than organising a lavish celebrity wedding, the couple chose a quiet family gathering surrounded by their five children and a small circle of loved ones. The setting was reportedly their living room, adding an unusually personal touch to an event that could easily have become one of the world’s most extravagant celebrity weddings. A meaningful Gucci choice Ronaldo and Georgina also made a fashion statement with their wedding outfits, both choosing the luxury Italian brand Gucci. Georgina opted for an elegant white silk skirt suit instead of a traditional bridal gown, while Ronaldo wore a light khaki-coloured suit. Their children were dressed in soft, coordinated shades, giving the family portrait a simple yet polished appearance. The Gucci connection carries special meaning for the couple. Ronaldo and Georgina first met in 2016 at a Gucci store in Madrid, where Georgina was working as a sales assistant. What began as an encounter at a fashion store eventually developed into one of the most closely followed relationships in international sport and entertainment. Why the couple chose simplicity Despite their glamorous lifestyle, Georgina has previously spoken about wanting a more personal family celebration rather than an elaborate wedding. She explained that as a child she had imagined a grand wedding involving a palace, a large procession and a long bridal dress. Her priorities changed over time, however, and she came to value a quiet celebration with her partner and children more than luxury or spectacle. The intimate ceremony appears to have reflected that wish, keeping the focus firmly on family. Is Ronaldo nearing retirement? The wedding news also coincides with renewed attention surrounding Ronaldo’s football future. At 41, the five-time Ballon d’Or winner has indicated that the 2026-27 season could potentially be the final campaign of his remarkable career. Ronaldo has said he wants to leave football with a strong legacy, although he has not formally announced his retirement. For now, however, the football icon appears to be celebrating a new chapter away from the pitch — with Georgina and their family at the centre of it.

  • | |

    Armie Hammer breaks up with Reagan Newman after br…

    Armie Hammer and social media strategist Reagan Newman have reportedly called it quits after a short-lived romance that attracted attention earlier this summer. The Citizen Vigilante actor and Newman first sparked dating rumors in June after they were seen together at Pace restaurant in the Hollywood Hills. The pair were photographed sharing a kiss, prompting speculation that they had begun a new relationship. However, their romance appears to have been brief. According to Page Six, an insider confirmed on Monday that Hammer and Newman are no longer together, saying that the two simply “cooled it down.” (Page Six⁠) Romance sparks attention Hammer and Newman’s relationship became a talking point after their public appearance in Los Angeles. Their affectionate moment at the restaurant quickly fueled dating speculation, although neither appeared to make a major public announcement about their relationship. The pair were reportedly spending time together during a period when Hammer was returning his attention to his acting career. He has continued working on new projects following several years of intense public scrutiny. Newman, meanwhile, works as a social media strategist and has largely maintained a lower public profile compared with Hammer. Relationship ends quietly Despite the early attention surrounding their romance, the relationship reportedly did not last long. The source told Page Six that they had “cooled it down,” suggesting that the split was relatively low-key rather than the result of a dramatic public breakup. (Page Six⁠) Neither Hammer nor Newman has publicly commented on the reported separation. Their brief relationship comes after Hammer has faced significant media attention surrounding his personal life in recent years. The actor has spoken about rebuilding his career and focusing on his professional future. Hammer continues career comeback Hammer has been working to re-establish himself professionally after stepping away from Hollywood projects amid controversy. His recent work includes Citizen Vigilante, an action-comedy in which he stars and also serves as a producer. The actor has also discussed wanting to move forward with his career while navigating life away from the intense spotlight that previously surrounded him. For now, Hammer and Newman appear to have gone their separate ways. Their romance may have lasted only a few weeks, but their public appearance was enough to generate considerable interest among fans and entertainment watchers. With both reportedly moving on, the short-lived romance seems to have reached its conclusion without a major public fallout.

  • | |

    Security forces foil suicide attack in South Wazir…

    Pakistan security forces have foiled a suicide attack on a checkpost in South Waziristan district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, killing four terrorists, including the suicide bomber, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said. According to a statement issued by the military’s media wing, terrorists attempted to attack a security forces checkpost by driving an explosives-filled vehicle toward the installation. However, the attack was stopped due to the quick and effective response of security personnel. The ISPR said that the explosives-laden vehicle was engaged and destroyed before it could reach the checkpost, killing the suicide bomber inside. The failed attack caused no damage to the security installation and no casualties were reported among security forces. Following the initial attack attempt, troops engaged other militants who tried to enter the area. According to the statement, three terrorists were forced into a nearby compound and were later killed during a targeted clearance operation carried out by security forces. The military said a sanitisation operation was also launched in the surrounding area to search for any remaining militants and ensure the security of the region. The ISPR reiterated that counter-terrorism operations under the “Azm-i-Istehkam” initiative will continue with full commitment to eliminate terrorism and prevent attacks against the country. The operation is part of ongoing efforts by security forces and law enforcement agencies to tackle militant threats. The incident comes a day after a terrorist attack on a joint police checkpost in Tank district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa resulted in the deaths of 15 people, including security personnel. Officials said the attack highlighted the continuing security challenges faced by the province. Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has witnessed an increase in militant activities over the past year, with security forces conducting frequent operations against armed groups operating in the region. Security officials have stated that intelligence-based operations and targeted actions will continue to counter militant networks and protect civilians and security personnel. The latest operation in South Waziristan reflects the ongoing security efforts aimed at preventing attacks and maintaining stability in areas affected by terrorism.

  • Elon Musk predicts AI will surpass human intelligence in 5 years

    Tesla and SpaceX owner and the world’s richest person, Elon Musk believes that artificial intelligence (AI) is advancing so rapidly that it will surpass the combined intelligence of all humans within the next five years. During an interview, Musk warned that as AI capabilities continue to improve, humanity may struggle to keep the technology under control over the next decade. According to Musk, AI will exceed collective human intelligence within the next five years and outperform people in nearly every task. Despite acknowledging the potential risks of AI, he said the technology could also usher in an era of unprecedented prosperity. Musk stated that AI could open the door to a future where people have extraordinary access to resources and opportunities while also helping the world avoid major global conflicts. However, despite these optimistic expectations, he cautioned that humanity may lose control over advanced AI systems during the coming decade as the technology continues to evolve rapidly. He stressed the importance of preparing for highly advanced AI systems and taking proactive measures to reduce potential risks. Musk also suggested that leading AI companies should regularly collaborate to discuss safety and security concerns rather than relying solely on government regulations. He further proposed that AI developers should evaluate each other’s models before their public release to identify any serious risks. Musk emphasized that close cooperation among major AI companies is essential especially as AI technology continues to advance at an unprecedented pace.

  • | |

    Selena Gomez, Wondermind partners sued by investors

    American singer and actress Selena Gomez, her mother Mandy Teefey and former business partner Daniella Pierson are facing a lawsuit from investors in Wondermind, a mental health startup co-founded by Gomez. The investors have accused the three of misleading them about the company’s financial condition, business activities and future plans. The lawsuit was filed in a Delaware court on Thursday. According to the complaint, two groups of investors collectively invested nearly $1.2 million in Wondermind. They allege that the company’s founders and executives made representations about its business that did not match reality. The investors have brought several claims, including securities fraud, common-law fraud and breach of contract. They allege that they were kept unaware of serious problems within the company while their money continued to fund its operations. Wondermind was launched in 2021 with a focus on mental fitness. The company promotes practical ways for people to prioritise their mental wellbeing in everyday life. Gomez is identified as a co-founder of the startup, while Teefey served as its chief executive. Pierson was also a co-founder but left the company in 2023 following reported disagreements with Teefey. The investors claim they were encouraged to put money into Wondermind after being told about major commercial opportunities. These allegedly included partnerships with companies such as JPMorgan, advertising arrangements, celebrity magazine features and plans for a major mobile application. According to the lawsuit, those opportunities either did not exist or failed to materialise. The investors also allege that the promised app was never developed. The complaint claims the investors only became aware of the company’s internal problems after a September report examined disputes within Wondermind and allegations of mismanagement. The investors subsequently contacted Teefey in November and requested that their money be returned. They say Teefey initially indicated that she would respond within 10 days but did not provide a substantive response. The complaint states that Teefey later replied to another notice in April, saying she believed the investment had already been returned. She reportedly referred further questions to Gomez’s legal team. The investors allege that Teefey later said Wondermind had established an escrow account to facilitate repayment. However, they claim repeated requests for information about the account went unanswered. The plaintiffs allege that no such escrow account existed and describe the events as part of an alleged years-long scheme to mislead investors. The lawsuit seeks repayment of the investors’ original funds, along with additional damages and legal costs.

  • | |

    Karan Johar backs Prosit Roy’s new psychological love story

    Filmmaker Karan Johar is set to collaborate with acclaimed director Prosit Roy on a new psychological love story under the banner of Dharma Productions. The project is currently in the development stage and is expected to begin production later this year, marking a fresh creative partnership for both filmmakers. According to industry reports, the untitled film will blend romance with psychological elements, offering a darker and more emotionally layered narrative than conventional love stories. While the makers have kept the plot tightly under wraps, sources describe it as an intense relationship drama with a psychological twist. Prosit Roy is best known for directing the supernatural thriller Pari, starring Anushka Sharma, and the crime thriller series Raakh. His work has earned praise for its atmospheric storytelling and ability to explore the darker side of human emotions. His collaboration with Dharma Productions is expected to bring a fresh storytelling style to the production house’s slate. Reports suggest the film is still in the scripting and pre-production phase, with casting expected to begin soon. The makers are currently searching for the lead actors before moving the project to the shooting stage. Principal photography is likely to commence towards the end of 2026 if everything proceeds according to schedule. For Karan Johar and Dharma Productions, the project represents another step towards exploring diverse genres beyond traditional family dramas and romantic entertainers. In recent years, the production house has expanded into thrillers, courtroom dramas, horror and experimental storytelling, reflecting its changing creative vision. The announcement has generated excitement among Bollywood fans, many of whom are eager to see what Prosit Roy brings to the psychological romance genre with Dharma’s backing. Social media users have praised the collaboration, calling it an unexpected yet promising combination that could deliver a fresh cinematic experience. Although the film’s title, cast and release date remain undisclosed, the collaboration has already become one of the most talked-about upcoming Bollywood projects. With Prosit Roy’s distinctive filmmaking style and Karan Johar’s production expertise coming together, expectations are high for a film that aims to combine romance, suspense and psychological depth in a unique way.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *