noreen niazis comments
| |

Noreen Niazi’s comments do not reflect PTI polic…

RAWALPINDI: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Barrister Gohar Ali Khan has distanced the party from recent remarks made by Imran Khan’s sister, Noreen Niazi, stating that her comments reflected her personal opinion and should not be viewed as the official position of PTI.

Speaking to journalists outside Adiala Jail on Tuesday, Gohar said he had been informed that the interview in question was recorded nearly three months ago. He emphasized that Noreen Niazi holds no office within the party and is not involved in PTI’s political decision-making process.

Highlighting national security, the PTI chairman described Pakistan’s recent success in Marka-e-Haq as a matter of national pride and credited it as a blessing for the country. He said Pakistan’s response to external threats had demonstrated its strength before the world and warned that any future aggression would be met with an even stronger reaction.

Gohar also appealed to political leaders and the public to avoid making controversial statements about the armed forces or the country’s martyrs, stressing that such sensitive issues should remain above political disagreements.

Reaffirming PTI’s position on terrorism, he said the party fully supports decisive action against terrorist elements and called for a united national strategy to eliminate the threat through collective efforts and available state resources.

On the political front, Gohar confirmed that PTI’s boycott of parliamentary standing committees and the Judicial Commission remains unchanged.

Discussing the upcoming Azad Jammu and Kashmir elections, he said the party had received reports that the electoral process had been rescheduled into three phases. Although some members had proposed reconsidering the boycott, no agreement had been reached, and the party’s decision to stay away from the polls remains in force.

Separately, prison sources confirmed that former prime minister Imran Khan and his wife, Bushra Bibi, were allowed to meet inside Adiala Jail. The meeting reportedly took place in the prison’s conference room and lasted around 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, Imran Khan’s sister Aleema Khan called on PTI lawmakers and senior leaders to actively participate in the party’s anti-government campaign instead of leaving the responsibility to a limited number of workers and family members. Expressing concern over the lack of updates regarding her brother’s condition, she questioned how long the movement could continue without stronger support from the party’s elected representatives and leadership.

Similar Posts

  • |

    Jasprit Bumrah ruled out of Sri Lanka Tests

    NEW DELHI: India have been dealt a significant setback ahead of their two-match Test series against Sri Lanka after star fast bowler Jasprit Bumrah was ruled out with a knee injury, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) confirmed on Monday. Bumrah, widely regarded as India’s pace spearhead, has not fully recovered from the left knee injury he sustained during the One-Day International series against England last month. In a statement, the BCCI said the 32-year-old remains unavailable for selection as he continues his rehabilitation. Bumrah has not bowled competitively since the second ODI against England in Cardiff on July 16, where he suffered the injury.   His absence is a major setback for India, particularly with the challenging conditions expected in Sri Lanka, where Bumrah’s experience and ability to strike with the new ball have often made the difference in Test matches.   Replacing him in the 15-member squad is promising fast bowler Aquib Nabi, who receives his maiden senior international call-up after an impressive run in domestic cricket. The 29-year-old pacer from Jammu and Kashmir has emerged as one of India’s brightest bowling prospects, claiming 104 wickets across the last two Ranji Trophy seasons. He also impressed during India A’s recent tour of Sri Lanka, taking six wickets in two first-class matches, performances that earned him a place in the senior squad. India, led by Shubman Gill, will play a warm-up match before the opening Test begins in Galle on August 15. The second and final Test is scheduled to be played in Colombo from August 23 to 27. The series now presents a golden opportunity for Nabi to showcase his talent on the international stage, while India will hope their emerging pace attack can compensate for the absence of one of the world’s premier fast bowlers. With Bumrah sidelined and a new face joining the squad, all eyes will be on India’s bowling unit as the visitors aim to begin their Sri Lanka campaign on a winning note. India squad Shubman Gill (capt), KL Rahul (vice-captain), Yashasvi Jaiswal, Rishabh Pant (wk), Sai Sudharsan*, Dhruv Jurel (wk), Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Manav Suthar, Mohammed Siraj, Prasidh Krishna, Gurnoor Brar, Devdutt Padikkal, Saransh Jain, Auqib Nabi.

  • |

    Independent experts confirm pellet-gun injuries among protesters in Delhi

    Independent ballistic and forensic experts have confirmed to the BBC that injuries sustained by protesters during the 20 July demonstrations in Delhi were caused by birdshot from 12-gauge pellet guns. The protests, led by the Cockroach Janta Party over repeated exam paper leaks, faced a heavy police and paramilitary crackdown near parliament. While government ministers and Delhi Police have denied deploying pellet guns, insisting only batons and tear gas were used, hospital records, X-rays, and multiple victims verify dozens of small metal pellets embedded in bodies. Among the injured is 19-year-old student Sahil Lochab, who risks losing an eye, and a journalist who documented 30 pellet wounds. If officially verified, this represents the first instance of Indian security forces using pellet guns for crowd control within the capital.

  • |

    Oil prices rise as Hormuz tensions escalate

    Oil prices climbed on Monday as uncertainty over a possible diplomatic breakthrough between the United States and Iran increased, while a sharp slowdown in tanker movements through the Strait of Hormuz heightened concerns about disruptions to global crude supplies. Brent crude futures gained as much as 1% during early trading to reach $89.40 per barrel. The benchmark was later up 72 cents, or about 0.8%, at $89.20 a barrel by 0229 GMT. US West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude also moved higher, rising 44 cents to $82.83 per barrel. Both international benchmarks posted gains of more than 5% last week after a series of attacks involving energy and shipping assets in and around the strategically important Strait of Hormuz. The incidents have intensified fears that further escalation could affect one of the world’s most important oil transit routes. Market sentiment was further affected by developments over the weekend, when Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi said Tehran had yet to decide whether it would resume negotiations with Washington. US President Donald Trump, meanwhile, told Americans to prepare for somewhat higher gasoline prices as the conflict continues. Analysts said the renewed uncertainty had brought geopolitical risk back into crude markets after oil prices had previously come under pressure on expectations that diplomatic efforts could ease tensions. “Oil prices have now rebounded almost completely from the lows seen in early August, as hopes for a more permanent resolution between the US and Iran have faded and geopolitical risk premiums have returned to the market,” said Priyanka Sachdeva, head of market insights at Phillip Nova in Singapore. Sachdeva cautioned, however, that the rally could lose momentum unless there is evidence of a further deterioration in the situation. She said the market would need to see renewed aggression in the Strait of Hormuz, particularly significant damage to oil tankers or energy infrastructure, before prices were likely to move substantially higher. Hormuz shipping activity slows Concerns over physical supply disruptions increased after ship-tracking data showed a marked decline in vessel traffic through the Strait of Hormuz over the weekend. According to data from Kpler, only five commodity vessels crossed the strategic waterway on Saturday, while no such transits were recorded on Sunday. This compared with 31 commodity vessel crossings during the previous weekend. The slowdown is significant because the Strait of Hormuz is a critical route for international energy shipments. Any prolonged disruption could increase transportation risks, raise insurance costs and place additional upward pressure on crude prices. The United Arab Emirates also accused Iran of attacking another vessel operated by Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) while it was passing through the strait on Friday, according to the Emirati state news agency WAM. The UAE had earlier blamed Iran for two separate incidents involving ADNOC-operated vessels on Thursday evening. The latest incidents have added to concerns among traders that the conflict could increasingly affect commercial shipping and energy infrastructure, rather than remaining confined to military and diplomatic confrontation. Markets remain focused on escalation risks The Strait of Hormuz remains particularly important to global oil markets because a substantial volume of crude and petroleum products moves through the waterway. Any sustained interruption could therefore have consequences well beyond the region. For now, traders are closely monitoring developments involving US-Iran diplomatic contacts, attacks on shipping and the movement of tankers through the strait. While the latest price gains reflect a higher geopolitical risk premium, analysts remain cautious about predicting a prolonged rally. If shipping activity resumes and diplomatic channels reopen, some of the premium built into crude prices could quickly unwind. Conversely, additional attacks on tankers, oil facilities or other critical infrastructure could trigger a stronger market reaction and push prices higher as traders reassess the security of regional supplies.

  • | |

    Mir Raza exhumation halted over medical board row

    The exhumation of Mir Ali Raza’s body has been postponed for Friday, his father’s lawyer Jibran Nasir said. Nasir spoke to the media and raised serious concerns over the medical board formed for the case. He said a third notification regarding the medical board had been issued. According to Nasir, the first and second medical boards were merged to form a new third board. However, he said the family does not accept the latest notification. He said Mir Raza’s parents had already recorded their statements before the investigating officer. Nasir said the family would not allow the exhumation to take place under the supervision of what he called a disputed medical board. He described the exhumation as a sensitive legal process. He said the court had directed the police surgeon and police to take necessary action. A medical team was formed after the court’s directions. However, Nasir alleged that the medical board was changed overnight. He said the sudden change had raised serious questions for the family. He questioned why doctors from Karachi were not included in the new board. He also questioned the removal of doctors who had been part of the earlier medical board. Nasir asked why a new board was formed without first withdrawing the previous notification. He also questioned why the new notification was issued during the night. He questioned the role of the Director General Health in Hyderabad. He asked under which law the official became the supervising officer of the medical board. Nasir also questioned how the orders of the Karachi police surgeon were superseded. He asked which order of the health secretary was referred to in the letter issued from Hyderabad. He said the family would not accept any alternative arrangement. They would only recognize the previously constituted eight-member medical board. Nasir also raised questions about the investigation into Mir Raza’s death. He said the investigating officer could not recover a bullet casing for eight days. According to him, the casing was recovered only after the family approached the court. He questioned how important the casing could be without the recovery of the pistol allegedly used in the incident. Nasir also alleged that the investigating officer had not properly inspected Mir Raza’s room. He said the family had lost a young member and wanted the case to be investigated with complete seriousness. He stressed that an exhumation was not an ordinary procedure. Meanwhile, preparations for the exhumation had been completed at the PECHS cemetery in Karachi. A police team had also reached the cemetery.

  • | |

    Azma Bukhari hits back at Sharjeel Memon over AJK …

    Punjab Information Minister Azma Bukhari has strongly criticised Sindh Minister Sharjeel Memon over his remarks about the Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) elections. Azma Bukhari told Memon to “drink cold water and pour some on his head,” saying the election was over and the people of AJK had already delivered their verdict. She said the election results had proved the Pakistan Peoples Party’s (PPP) calculations wrong and dismissed its allegations regarding pre-poll rigging. Bukhari claimed that a PML-N candidate had recovered bags containing ballot papers from the residence of a PPP candidate one night before polling. Taking a sharp jibe at the PPP, she said its “arrow had disappeared in the valleys of Kashmir,” while the PML-N’s “lion” was roaring across the region. She said AJK voters had given their verdict in favour of PML-N leader Nawaz Sharif during the first phase of the elections. Bukhari urged the PPP to learn to accept defeat instead of raising allegations whenever it loses an election. She said political parties should celebrate victories but also show maturity in defeat. She further questioned the PPP’s position on elections in Gilgit-Baltistan. Bukhari asked whether the party considered those elections transparent because it had formed the government there. She said it was unfair to describe an election as transparent when a party wins and allege rigging when it loses.

  • | |

    Paris Jackson reveals nightmare experience at trea…

    Paris Jackson is opening up about one of the darkest periods of her teenage years, revealing previously undisclosed details about her experience at a treatment facility after a suicide attempt at age 15. The singer and actress recently described her time at a Utah treatment center as a deeply distressing experience. Jackson said the facility, which was supposed to help her recover, instead left her with additional emotional wounds. Her comments offer a rare look at the difficult experiences she faced during her adolescence. (The News⁠) Jackson has spoken publicly before about struggling with her mental health as a teenager. After the death of her father, Michael Jackson, in 2009, she faced intense grief while growing up under constant public attention. At 15, she attempted suicide and later received treatment. In her latest account, Jackson described the facility as a place where she felt trapped rather than supported. She recalled eventually escaping from the Utah facility, despite being warned about what could happen if she tried to leave. The experience appears to have had a lasting effect on her. Jackson has previously discussed being diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder after attending a treatment program, and she has also expressed solidarity with other people who have described harmful experiences in youth treatment facilities. Her story highlights a complicated part of mental health treatment that is often overlooked. While professional care can be essential during a crisis, Jackson’s experience shows why young people need environments where they feel safe, respected and genuinely heard. Over the years, Jackson has continued working to rebuild her life and establish an identity separate from her famous family. She has pursued music, modeling and acting, while becoming increasingly open about her experiences with addiction, grief and mental health. Her recovery has not been presented as a simple journey. Instead, Jackson has described difficult setbacks alongside periods of growth. In 2020, she spoke about how songwriting helped her process painful emotions and turn difficult experiences into something creative. (ABC News⁠) Jackson’s willingness to discuss her past also gives fans a different perspective on the person behind the headlines. Growing up as Michael Jackson’s daughter brought enormous attention, but her struggles were deeply personal. Her latest revelations are particularly significant because they show that seeking help does not always mean every treatment experience feels healing. Jackson’s account reinforces the importance of compassionate and appropriate care, especially for vulnerable teenagers. Today, she continues to focus on her music and personal growth. By speaking honestly about the painful chapters of her past, Jackson is also helping start conversations about mental health, trauma and the importance of finding safe ways to recover.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *