punjab ctd arrests
| |

Punjab CTD arrests 18 suspected militants in provi…

LAHORE: Punjab’s Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) has arrested 18 suspected militants affiliated with various banned organisations during intelligence-based operations across several districts of the province, officials said on Friday.

According to the CTD spokesperson, the operations were carried out as part of efforts to prevent possible terrorist activities and maintain law and order across Punjab. A total of 117 intelligence-based operations were conducted, during which 117 individuals were questioned and 18 suspects were taken into custody.

The arrested suspects were identified as Hassan Abbas Shah, Muhammad Hanif, Samiullah alias Talib Jan, Muhammad Hasnain, Hafiz Muhammad Abdul Latif, Attaullah, Faizullah, Muhammad Shehzad alias Pama, Muhammad Bilal, Muhammad Anas, Tahir, Waqar Ahmed, Muhammad Ahsan, Muhammad Farman, Muhammad Nauman, Umar Farooq, Abdul Wahab and Shaukat Ali. The suspects were reportedly arrested in Faisalabad, Sialkot, Sargodha, Sahiwal, Hafizabad, Gujranwala, Bhakkar, Lahore and Multan.

The CTD said its teams recovered 3.185 kilograms of explosive material, eight detonators, safety fuses, primer cord, four pistols with 21 rounds, along with banned books, prohibited magazines, pamphlets and stickers. Seven mobile phones and Rs42,740 in cash were also seized.

Officials said the suspects were allegedly involved in activities aimed at creating fear among the public and disrupting peace and security. Legal proceedings have been initiated against them, while further investigation is underway to determine their alleged links and activities.

The spokesperson added that, during the past two weeks, the CTD, local police and other law-enforcement agencies conducted 3,357 combing operations across Punjab. More than 121,000 people were checked during these operations, resulting in 274 arrests, 263 cases being registered and 244 recoveries of various kinds.

The CTD said its operations against militants and other elements considered a threat to public security would continue under its objective of ensuring a safer Punjab. Citizens have also been urged to report suspicious activities or information related to terrorism to the CTD Punjab helpline at 0800-11111.

Similar Posts

  • |

    Iranian footballers become Australian citizens

    Two Iranian women footballers who refused to publicly support their government’s stance during an international tournament have officially become Australian citizens after seeking protection in Australia earlier this year. Atefeh Ramezanisadeh, 34, and Fatemeh Pasandideh, 22, received their Australian citizenship at a ceremony in Brisbane on Wednesday, marking the end of a journey that began when they chose not to return to Iran following the Women’s Asian Cup. The pair were among seven members of Iran’s national women’s football team who were granted humanitarian visas while in Australia. However, five of the players later returned to Iran, while Ramezanisadeh and Pasandideh remained, citing concerns about their safety. The players drew international attention after refusing to sing Iran’s national anthem before their opening match during the tournament. Their silent protest came amid heightened tensions following the conflict involving Iran, the United States and Israel, raising fears they could face punishment if they returned home. Australian authorities allowed the athletes to seek asylum after appeals from members of the Iranian community living in Australia. Their citizenship was formally granted at a ceremony attended by Australia’s Interior Minister, Tony Burke. Speaking after the ceremony, Pasandideh described becoming an Australian citizen as the beginning of a new chapter in her life, while Ramezanisadeh said the moment reflected years of hardship and sacrifice. Both expressed gratitude for the opportunity to build a future in Australia. The footballers are now training with Brisbane Roar FC Women and hope to continue their professional football careers in the country. Their decision to remain in Australia followed reports that Iranian state media criticised members of the national team for remaining silent during the anthem, with some commentators branding them disloyal. Human rights advocates also voiced concerns that players who returned to Iran may have faced pressure through threats directed at their families.

  • | |

    AJK police accuse JAAC of hidden agenda, weapons s…

    Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) Police have accused the proscribed Joint Awami Action Committee (JAAC) of pursuing an agenda aimed at creating unrest in the region. Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Khawar Ali Shaukat made the allegations during a press conference in Rawalakot on Wednesday. The police official said recent violence in Rawalakot had raised serious questions about the group’s claim that it was engaged in peaceful protests. Shaukat alleged that armed groups attacked security personnel at several locations across the city over the past two days. According to the police official, the attackers used sophisticated weapons during the clashes. He said security personnel came under repeated fire during the incidents. The SSP said one Rangers official was martyred in the violence. He added that around 15 police officers and other law enforcement personnel were injured. Shaukat claimed that several suspects had been arrested in connection with the attacks. He said a significant quantity of weapons and ammunition was recovered from those taken into custody. The recovered weapons allegedly included heavy arms. Police also claimed to have seized an automatic weapon believed to be of American origin. The SSP said the recovery raised concerns about the nature and objectives of the group involved in the violence. He accused the proscribed organisation of attempting to disrupt peace in AJK and create divisions within society. Shaukat also rejected claims circulating on social media that security forces had deliberately targeted peaceful protesters. He said the situation on the ground was different from the narrative being presented online. According to the police official, law enforcement agencies exercised restraint throughout the unrest. He claimed that security personnel responded only after coming under attack. The latest police statement comes after clashes between protesters and security forces in different parts of AJK. Violence was reported in Rawalakot on Monday and in Mirpur on Tuesday. The clashes reportedly resulted in several casualties, although details surrounding the losses remained disputed. The JAAC has been holding protests across the region for several weeks. Among its demands is the abolition of 12 seats in the local legislature reserved for refugees from Indian-administered Kashmir. The dispute has led to growing tensions between protesters and the authorities. The government has also accused militant elements of exploiting the protests. It has alleged that some groups involved in the unrest are pursuing a foreign agenda and receiving financial support from India. The JAAC has rejected such allegations and accused security forces of using excessive force against its supporters. The group has claimed that dozens of its supporters were killed during clashes. However, the claim has not been officially confirmed. The competing claims have added to uncertainty surrounding the situation in AJK. Authorities are now investigating the violence and the alleged involvement of armed individuals. Police have also indicated that further arrests could follow as the investigation progresses.

  • |

    Zara Noor Abbas grabs attention with slimmer figure

    Pakistani actress Zara Noor Abbas has left fans surprised with her noticeably slimmer appearance and a fresh new look. The actress, who is known for her strong performances and distinctive personality, has recently been sharing pictures on social media that highlight a visible transformation in her physique and fashion style. Zara Noor Abbas enjoys a strong following among Pakistani entertainment fans, with more than 6.7 million followers on Instagram. She is married to actor Asad Siddiqui, and the couple welcomed their daughter, Noor Jahan, in 2024. Since becoming a mother, Zara has continued to remain active in the entertainment industry while also frequently sharing glimpses of her personal and professional life with her followers. The actress recently attracted considerable attention for her performance in the drama Dil Dhoondta Hai Phir Wohi. Her appearance in the project also became a topic of discussion after she gained weight for the role. While her transformation was connected to her professional work, it unfortunately exposed her to criticism and body-shaming comments on social media. However, Zara has now surprised her followers with a noticeably different appearance. In recent social media posts, the actress has been seen wearing a variety of Western-style outfits while confidently showing off her slimmer figure. Her latest pictures have sparked considerable discussion among fans, with many noticing the difference in her overall appearance and styling. The actress appears to have embraced a more confident and contemporary fashion aesthetic. Her recent looks include stylish Western outfits that complement her changed physique, while her overall presentation reflects a renewed sense of confidence. Fans have responded to Zara’s transformation with mixed reactions. Many praised her new look and complimented her fashion choices, saying that she appears stylish and confident. Others, however, pointed out that the actress had always looked beautiful and questioned why she felt the need to lose weight in the first place. Her dramatic change in appearance has also led to speculation among some social media users. A few commenters attempted to link her weight loss to Ozempic, a medication that has gained widespread attention because of its association with weight management. However, there is no confirmed information that Zara used Ozempic, and such speculation remains unverified. Despite the discussions surrounding her transformation, Zara has continued to confidently share her latest pictures with her followers. Her recent appearance has once again placed her in the spotlight, with fans closely following her evolving style and fitness journey. Whether discussing her acting, fashion choices, or personal transformation, Zara Noor Abbas continues to attract significant attention online. Her latest weight-loss transformation has generated a wide range of reactions, but the actress appears comfortable with her new look and is embracing her changing style with confidence.

  • | |

    Vicky Kaushal prepares for major transformation in Mahavatar

    Vicky Kaushal is reportedly preparing for one of the most demanding physical transformations of his career as he gears up to play the legendary warrior sage Parashurama in the upcoming mythological film Mahavatar. According to recent reports, the actor will undergo an intensive fitness programme that includes gaining more than 25 kilograms to achieve the larger-than-life physique required for the role. As reported by Mid-Day, Kaushal is set to reunite with celebrity fitness coach Tejas Lalwani, who previously helped him transform for the historical blockbuster Chhaava. The actor reportedly plans to begin training in September, nearly three months before the film goes on floors in December. The makers are said to be aiming for a transformation even more challenging than the one he underwent for Chhaava. For Chhaava, Kaushal increased his weight from 80 kg to 105 kg to portray Chhatrapati Sambhaji Maharaj. However, Mahavatar will reportedly require an even bigger and more muscular frame to accurately portray Parashurama, one of Hindu mythology’s most powerful warrior sages. According to the report, the character demands a commanding screen presence and the physical strength to convincingly perform intense action sequences involving the iconic parashu (battle axe). The report states that Kaushal’s preparation will focus on three key areas: training, nutrition and recovery. Fitness coach Tejas Lalwani and nutritionist Alkesh Sharotri have reportedly designed a rigorous programme to help the actor build size and strength while maintaining overall fitness. His workout routine is expected to revolve around compound exercises, including squats, deadlifts, bench presses and pull-ups, with the intensity gradually increasing over the training period. Alongside the workouts, Kaushal is reportedly expected to consume an additional 250 to 500 calories daily, following a protein-rich diet that includes nuts, dairy products and whole grains to support healthy muscle gain. Recovery is also expected to play a crucial role in the transformation. According to the report, Kaushal will follow a strict recovery schedule that includes eight hours of sleep every night and 48-hour rest periods for each muscle group to minimise fatigue and maximise muscle growth during the demanding preparation. Mahavatar reunites Kaushal with Tejas Lalwani after their successful collaboration on Chhaava, a performance that earned widespread praise for the actor’s commitment to physically embodying the Maratha ruler. The upcoming film is expected to present an even greater challenge as Kaushal steps into a mythological role requiring extraordinary physical presence. While Mahavatar remains one of his most anticipated future projects, Kaushal’s next major theatrical release will be Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s period drama Love & War, scheduled to arrive in cinemas on January 21, 2027. Fans are now eagerly waiting to see the actor’s dramatic transformation once filming for Mahavatar begins.

  • | |

    Typhoon Noul hits China, 715,000 evacuated

    Typhoon Noul has made landfall in southern China, bringing powerful winds and heavy rainfall to Guangdong province and neighbouring Hong Kong. The storm reached the coast of Huidong county in Huizhou, Guangdong, at around 3:50am local time on Sunday, according to China’s weather authorities. Noul was reported to be the strongest typhoon to make landfall in China so far this year. Authorities warned that heavy rain and strong winds could continue across parts of southern Guangdong and southeastern Fujian. More than 715,000 people in Guangdong had been moved to safer locations by early Sunday as authorities stepped up preparations for the storm. The number was more than double the evacuation figure reported a day earlier. The typhoon brought winds of up to 110 kilometres per hour near its centre as it moved inland across Guangdong. Weather officials said the storm would gradually weaken after making landfall, but dangerous weather conditions were expected to persist. Strong winds caused damage in several areas. Trees were uprooted in coastal Huilai county, while sections of scaffolding attached to a high-rise building in Hong Kong collapsed as Noul approached. Initial reports indicated that nobody was injured in the scaffolding incident. The storm also severely disrupted air travel. Hong Kong’s airport authorities said around 350 flights were cancelled on Sunday because of the adverse weather. At least nine people were injured in Hong Kong during the typhoon period, according to local authorities. The storm also affected Taiwan, where authorities reported rainfall in parts of the southern and eastern regions. Noul was moving away from the island after passing over waters to its south. China has faced several major tropical storms this month. Typhoon Bavi struck eastern China on July 11 after authorities evacuated more than two million people. Tropical Storm Maysak made landfall in southern China on July 3.

  • | | |

    Pakistan stands with Nepal after broad peak avalan…

    Pakistan has expressed solidarity with Nepal following the tragic avalanche on Broad Peak in the Karakoram mountain range, where members of an international mountaineering expedition were caught in a deadly snow slide. Prime Minister’s Adviser on Inter-Provincial Coordination, Senator Rana Sanaullah, said Pakistan shares the grief of the Nepalese people and remains committed to supporting rescue efforts. According to Rana Sanaullah, the avalanche struck a team of 10 international climbers attempting to scale Broad Peak. The expedition included six climbers from Nepal, along with mountaineers from Pakistan, the United States, China, and Oman. He said the Government of Pakistan immediately prioritized search and rescue operations after the incident. So far, the bodies of four climbers have been recovered, including Nepalese mountaineer Pur Bahadur Gurung. Rescue teams continue to search for the remaining missing climbers despite difficult terrain and severe weather conditions. Rana Sanaullah stated that the Pakistan Army and other relevant agencies are carrying out extensive rescue operations using helicopters, drones, and all available resources. He noted that challenging weather and the remote mountainous landscape have made rescue efforts extremely difficult, but authorities remain fully committed to locating the missing climbers. The adviser explained that search teams are utilizing GPS tracking, aerial surveillance, and ground search missions to maximize the chances of finding those still unaccounted for. He emphasized that rescue operations will continue without interruption until every possible effort has been exhausted. Expressing condolences to the families of the victims, Rana Sanaullah said Nepalese climbers, along with other international mountaineers, are highly respected in Pakistan for their contributions to global mountaineering. He added that Pakistan values its long-standing friendship with Nepal and stands with the families affected by the tragedy during this difficult time. He further reaffirmed that the government will continue to deploy all available resources until the search mission is completed. Pakistan, he said, remains committed to assisting the international climbing community and ensuring that every effort is made to locate the missing members of the expedition. The Broad Peak avalanche has once again highlighted the dangers of high-altitude mountaineering in the Karakoram, where unpredictable weather, avalanches, and challenging terrain continue to pose significant risks even to experienced climbers. Authorities have pledged to maintain rescue operations while closely monitoring weather conditions to ensure the safety of rescue personnel.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *