diddys prison release
| |

Diddy’s prison release date moved forward again …

Sean “Diddy” Combs is now expected to be released from federal prison sooner than previously anticipated after his projected release date was moved forward once again. The latest update marks the second adjustment in just over a month, reducing the amount of time the music mogul is expected to spend behind bars while his legal appeal remains ongoing. 

According to updated records from the U.S. Federal Bureau of Prisons, Combs is now scheduled to be released on February 23, 2028, replacing the previous projected date of April 15, 2028. Earlier this year, his expected release had already been moved up from April 25, 2028, which itself followed an earlier projected date of June 4, 2028. The repeated revisions have drawn renewed public attention to the rapper’s sentence and the federal prison system’s administrative calculations. 

The 56-year-old music executive is currently serving a 50-month federal prison sentence at the Federal Correctional Institution (FCI) Fort Dix in New Jersey. In 2025, a jury found Combs guilty on two counts of transportation to engage in prostitution. However, he was acquitted of the more serious charges of racketeering conspiracy and sex trafficking. The court also imposed a $500,000 fine and a period of supervised release following the completion of his prison sentence. 

Federal officials have not publicly explained why Combs’ projected release date has been revised multiple times. Reports suggest the adjustments could be linked to standard Bureau of Prisons sentence calculations and participation in rehabilitation programs available to eligible inmates. However, prison authorities have not confirmed a specific reason for the latest change. 

Meanwhile, Combs’ legal team continues to challenge his conviction. His attorneys have filed an appeal, arguing that his sentence was excessive and seeking either a new trial or a reduced sentence. The appeal remains pending, meaning the current release date could still change depending on future court decisions or administrative reviews. 

The revised release timeline comes just days after reports emerged that Combs had been placed in solitary confinement following an altercation with another inmate at FCI Fort Dix. According to media reports, prison staff quickly intervened and separated those involved. It remains unclear whether the incident will have any impact on his projected release date or prison status. 

Although the updated release date brings Combs one step closer to freedom, his legal troubles are far from over. Beyond the ongoing appeal, he continues to face multiple civil lawsuits alleging sexual misconduct, all of which he has denied. For now, February 23, 2028, remains the official projected release date listed by the Federal Bureau of Prisons, though future legal or administrative developments could alter that timeline. 

Similar Posts

  • | |

    Police kill suspected mastermind of Hangu attack

    HANGU: Police in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa said on Sunday they had killed the alleged mastermind behind last week’s deadly attack on the Khazina Banda police check post during a security operation near Chapri Naryab in Hangu district. According to police officials, security personnel launched the operation after receiving intelligence about the movement of 15 to 18 suspected militants in the area. During the exchange of fire, authorities said a high-value militant wanted in connection with the Khazina Banda attack was killed. Officials identified the deceased as the alleged planner of the assault on the police check post, which took place on July 29 and resulted in one of the deadliest recent attacks on law enforcement personnel in the district. Police said the earlier attack claimed the lives of 10 police personnel, including a Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), while 28 others were injured. The assault prompted an extensive search operation across Hangu and surrounding areas to trace those involved. Authorities said intelligence-based operations have since been intensified to dismantle militant networks operating in the region. Security forces are continuing search and clearance operations to locate any remaining suspects believed to have escaped during Sunday’s action. The killing of the alleged mastermind is being viewed by officials as a significant breakthrough in the investigation into the Khazina Banda attack. However, police have not yet released the identity of the deceased or provided further operational details. The July 29 attack had shocked the province and renewed concerns over militant violence targeting security personnel in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. It also triggered a strong response from law enforcement agencies, which vowed to bring those responsible to justice. Officials reiterated that operations against militant groups would continue until all those involved in attacks on security forces are apprehended or neutralized. They emphasized that intelligence-led operations remain a key part of efforts to maintain law and order and prevent further attacks in the region. Investigations into the Khazina Banda incident are ongoing, while authorities continue to assess evidence collected from both the attack site and the latest operation.

  • | |

    Police constable martyred, another wounded in Lakk…

    A police constable was martyred and another sustained injuries after unidentified gunmen opened fire on a police patrol in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s Lakki Marwat district on Sunday. The attack took place near the old police lines within the jurisdiction of Lakki City police station, where the officers were performing patrol duties as part of the City Rider Squad. Police officials said Constable Sajidullah received critical injuries during the firing. He later succumbed to his wounds. Constable Muhammad Waqas was also injured and was taken to a hospital, where he is receiving medical treatment. Following the incident, police teams immediately sealed off the area and launched a search operation to locate those responsible for the attack. Security personnel are also examining the crime scene and collecting evidence that could help investigators identify the attackers. Lakki Marwat District Police Officer Shehbaz Elahi visited the site and reviewed the situation with senior officers. He was briefed about the circumstances surrounding the attack and the steps taken by police following the incident. The DPO directed investigators to use modern forensic and investigative methods and mobilise all available resources to track down the suspects. He also ordered authorities to strengthen security arrangements to protect both law-enforcement personnel and civilians. Officials said attacks against police officers would not be tolerated and that every effort would be made to bring those behind the assault to justice. The latest incident comes amid a series of attacks against security personnel in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. The province has witnessed a rise in militant violence in recent weeks, prompting security forces and police to intensify operations against armed groups. Earlier this month, several police personnel were killed in a suicide attack outside a police station in Swat. In separate incidents in Hangu and Dera Ismail Khan, police officers were also targeted in attacks. The continuing violence has increased concerns over the security situation across parts of the province, particularly areas close to the former tribal districts and the Afghan border. Security officials have maintained that intensified intelligence-based operations are being conducted to prevent militant attacks and dismantle networks involved in violence against law-enforcement agencies.

  • | |

    ‘Never felt this helpless’: Dr Summaiya speaks…

    Police Surgeon Dr Summaiya Syed has expressed deep concern over developments in the Mir Raza Ali case, saying she has never felt so helpless during her four-year tenure as Karachi’s police surgeon and head of medico-legal services. In a post on social media platform X, Dr Summaiya said she had frequently faced obstacles while trying to establish the truth and ensure justice. However, she said the situation surrounding the Mir Raza case had left her extremely exhausted. “During my four-year tenure as Karachi’s medico-legal services/police surgeon, I have never felt this helpless,” she said. Dr Summaiya added that although difficulties had often come her way in the pursuit of truth and justice, she had now reached a point of extreme exhaustion. The police surgeon had earlier written a letter to the Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) East regarding the Mir Raza Ali case. In the letter, she pointed out what she described as serious shortcomings in the post-mortem report prepared by Dr Usama Sheikh. Her concerns have raised questions about the findings recorded in the post-mortem report and the medico-legal procedures followed in the case. The matter has consequently drawn attention to the importance of accurate documentation and proper medical examination in sensitive cases. Dr Summaiya’s latest remarks indicate her continued concern over the handling of the case. Her public statement has also highlighted the difficulties she says she has encountered while carrying out her professional responsibilities and seeking truth and justice.

  • | |

    Israel raises concerns over Trump’s Gaza plan

    Israel has raised concerns with the United States over a Gaza peace plan praised by President Donald Trump after Hamas reportedly agreed to discuss disarmament. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office said Israel had shared its objections with US officials and stressed that the publicly released version of the proposal did not reflect its position. Israeli officials also accused Hamas of rebuilding its military capabilities and recruiting fighters since a ceasefire announced by Trump in October. Israel has continued carrying out strikes in Gaza despite the truce, while the conflict has seen a reduction in overall violence. Trump described Hamas’s reported agreement as a “major milestone” in efforts to end the war and claimed that Israel welcomed the development. However, Netanyahu’s office said Hamas’s alleged military preparations showed that the group could still pose a serious threat to Israel. It argued that any long-term agreement must include the complete, verifiable and irreversible disarmament of Hamas. An Israeli official said Israel would not withdraw its forces from Gaza under the proposed framework until it could confirm that Hamas had fully surrendered its weapons. Meanwhile, Israeli strikes continued after the Hamas announcement. Palestinian authorities said Israeli attacks on Sunday killed at least 13 people. According to Palestinian authorities, more than 73,000 Palestinians have died in Israel’s military campaign in Gaza since October 7, 2023.

  • | |

    Singapore bans British band Massive Attack following pro-Palestinian display at concert

    The Singapore Police Force and the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) have issued a formal entry ban against British trip-hop band Massive Attack after band members unfurled a Palestinian flag and shouted “Free Palestine” on stage during their performance at The Star Performing Arts Centre. Following an investigation into the incident, authorities administered stern warnings to founding members Robert Del Naja and Grant Marshall for violating Section 3 of the Foreign National Emblems (Control of Display) Act 1949 and Section 16 of the Public Order Act. The regulatory body confirmed that the band will be denied future entry and performance permits in the country. IMDA is also evaluating potential licensing breaches against the local concert organiser for failing to enforce rules that strictly prohibit the display of political or foreign symbols. Singapore maintains stringent regulations regarding public demonstrations, political expression, and the display of foreign emblems to preserve racial and religious harmony within its multicultural population. Authorities reiterated that external geopolitical conflicts must not be imported into the country’s public sphere. Massive Attack, known for integrating political activism into their performances, continued their world tour with their next scheduled stop in Seoul.

  • |

    Textile industry urges govt to end transport strike, warns of export disruptions

    ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s textile industry has called on the government to take immediate measures to resolve the ongoing goods transporters’ strike, warning that a prolonged suspension of freight services could disrupt export shipments, restrict the supply of cotton and affect the operations of textile mills across the country. The All Pakistan Textile Mills Association (APTMA) has formally approached Federal Minister for Communications Abdul Aleem Khan, seeking urgent government intervention to restore the movement of goods and industrial cargo. According to the association, the All Pakistan Goods Transport Ittehad began an indefinite strike on August 8, creating significant logistical challenges for export-oriented industries, particularly the textile sector. APTMA Chairman Kamran Arshad said the strike had severely affected the availability of vehicles and containers required for transporting textile-related cargo. Export consignments awaiting shipment, imported cotton arriving through ports and locally purchased cotton being transported from markets to textile mills have all been affected by the disruption. The association said the lack of transportation was creating difficulties at multiple stages of the textile supply chain. Export containers cannot be moved efficiently, while imported raw materials face delays in reaching manufacturing facilities. At the same time, locally sourced cotton is also experiencing transportation constraints. APTMA cautioned that the timing of the strike was particularly concerning because cotton inventories at textile mills were already at relatively low levels following the end of the cotton season. Any prolonged interruption in the movement of cotton, it said, could eventually affect manufacturing activity as mills depend on a steady supply of raw materials to maintain production. The association warned that a slowdown in textile production could have broader economic consequences, including delays in export orders, disruption to employment and reduced foreign exchange earnings. Pakistan’s textile sector remains one of the country’s most important export-oriented industries, generating a significant share of the country’s foreign exchange through shipments of garments, textiles, yarn, fabrics and other related products. Industry-wide logistical problems could therefore have repercussions beyond individual mills and exporters. APTMA noted that the textile industry had faced similar transportation disruptions in the past, resulting in delays in export consignments, additional financial costs and interruptions to factory operations. The association stressed that cargo movement is an essential component of export activity and that any prolonged blockage could make it more difficult for exporters to meet delivery schedules agreed with international buyers. It urged the Communications Ministry to facilitate the immediate movement of essential industrial cargo while efforts continue to settle the dispute between transporters and the government. APTMA specifically called for priority arrangements for export containers, imported cotton and other raw materials, as well as locally procured cotton destined for textile mills. The association maintained that ensuring uninterrupted logistics was essential not only for the textile industry but also for protecting Pakistan’s export commitments and broader economic activity. APTMA has consequently appealed to the government to intervene on an urgent basis and establish arrangements that would allow the movement of critical industrial and export cargo until the transporters’ strike is brought to an end.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *