psx gains nearly
| | |

PSX gains nearly 1,380 points in early Friday trad…

The Pakistan Stock Exchange (PSX) staged a strong recovery during the first half of trading on Friday, with the benchmark KSE-100 Index climbing nearly 1,380 points before trading was temporarily suspended for the weekly Friday prayer break.

The market opened on a positive note, extending gains throughout the morning session as investors returned to selective buying following recent losses driven by regional geopolitical tensions.

By midday, the KSE-100 Index had risen 1,378 points, or 0.79%, to reach 176,926. During intraday trading, the benchmark touched a high of 177,108.66 before easing slightly. The index also found support around 176,405.33, indicating sustained buying interest across key sectors.

Trading activity remained steady, with more than 101.8 million shares changing hands during the morning session. The total value of traded shares reached approximately Rs6.96 billion, reflecting healthy market participation despite the shortened trading period.

Trading was suspended at midday in line with the Pakistan Stock Exchange’s routine Friday prayer break and was scheduled to resume later in the afternoon.

The market’s rebound followed a volatile trading week shaped by uncertainty in the Middle East and fluctuations in global oil prices. Investors appeared to set aside concerns over rising regional tensions and instead focused on attractive valuations in selected stocks.

On Thursday, the benchmark index had closed at 175,547.98 after selling pressure weighed on investor sentiment. Friday’s recovery helped the market regain a significant portion of those losses.

Broader market performance also remained positive, with the All-Share Index and several sectoral indices posting gains during the morning session.

Market participants are expected to closely monitor both domestic economic developments and geopolitical events in the Middle East as trading resumes, with investors assessing their potential impact on market sentiment in the coming sessions.

Similar Posts

  • 32 dead as gas blast rips through Quetta coal mine

    At least 32 bodies were recovered overnight from two coal mines in the Sorange coalfield near Quetta after a methane gas explosion tore through the site. The search for two more miners continued on Friday, an official told Dawn. The explosion took place on Thursday at a private coal mine in the Sorange coalfield, about 30 kilometres northeast of Quetta. The methane gas blast set off a fire, caused the mine to collapse, and also affected a nearby mine. Chief Inspector of Mines Balochistan Muhammad Atif told Dawn that 34 miners were inside the two mines at the time of the explosion. He said that so far 32 bodies had been recovered from both mines, and that the operation to recover the remaining two miners was continuing in the mine where the explosion originally took place. Officials said the explosion happened on Thursday afternoon while 24 miners were working around 4,000 feet underground in the first mine. A fire broke out soon after the blast, causing parts of the mine structure to collapse. The sound of the explosion was heard across a wide area of Sorange. A second, nearby mine was also badly affected. Twelve miners were working inside this mine when the explosion occurred. Mining engineers and workers built alternative routes to reach both affected mines, but large amounts of methane gas along with the ongoing fire made it extremely difficult to reach the bodies and the miners still trapped deep underground. Provincial Minister for Mines and Minerals Mir Shoaib Nosherwani announced that the provincial government will pay Rs500,000 in compensation to the family of each miner who died, and Rs300,000 to every injured worker. He said an inquiry into the incident would also be carried out. This is not the first such tragedy in the region. In June, three people were injured when explosive material used in mining accidentally went off in Quetta division’s Khanuzai area. In April, at least five coal miners were killed in two separate accidents in the Bolan and Duki coalfield areas. Meanwhile, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s Shangla district is mourning the loss of 28 young coal miners who died in the blast, including 23 residents of a single village, Mian Kaly. The Shangla Coal Mine Workers Association said that almost every household in Mian Kaly is now grieving the loss of a family member. Abid Yaar, president of the association, said Mian Kaly has become the centre of repeated coal mine tragedies. He said that of the 28 deceased workers from Shangla district, 23 were from Mian Kaly, also known as Pir Abad, two were from Kana, and one each came from Bada and Gata Bely Baba. He said the victims were between 17 and 25 years old, and many belonged to the same families, being cousins or close relatives. He added that several of the dead were orphans whose fathers had also died in earlier coal mine accidents. Yaar alleged that the tragedy was caused by negligence on the part of the mine administration and a lack of basic safety measures. He claimed there was no proper ventilation system in the government run mine, which led to the deadly gas explosion. He said this was not just an accident but a lifelong trauma for the families, orphans, widows and mothers who lost their loved ones. He said these young men had gone to work in the mine only to earn a living and support their families back home. He also said that Shangla lacks factories and other skilled job opportunities, which forces young people to risk their lives in dangerous coal mines just to make ends meet. Family members of the victims criticised the government for failing to arrange ambulances to transport the bodies home. They said they had to bring the remains back in a van at their own expense. According to the Shangla administration, one body arrived on Friday evening, with the rest expected to arrive later that night and early Saturday morning. Three of the miners who died in the tragedy were brothers.

  • |

    Sebastian Stan and Annabelle Wallis welcome first baby together

    Sebastian Stan and Annabelle Wallis have officially become parents, marking a joyful new chapter in their relationship after nearly four years together. The couple reportedly welcomed their first child last month. While the new parents have chosen to keep the arrival private, they have not revealed the baby’s name, gender, or any additional details. Earlier this year, the pair confirmed they were expecting their first child when they were photographed during a stroll in New York City. Annabelle Wallis proudly showed off her baby bump in a relaxed outfit featuring a loose-fitting dress layered with a brown jacket and accessorized with a cheetah-print handbag. Stan opted for a casual look with brown trousers, a white shirt, and a denim jacket. Although the couple have largely kept their personal life away from the spotlight, Sebastian Stan recently opened up about his thoughts on fatherhood while promoting his upcoming film Fjord, directed by Cristian Mungiu. The film follows a man who is forced to examine his worth both as a father and as a person, a storyline that resonated deeply with the actor as he prepared to welcome his own child. Reflecting on the life-changing experience, Stan shared that becoming a father has made him think more seriously about the kind of parent and person he wants to be. He said his biggest goal is to be a good father, adding that he feels a growing sense of responsibility. The 43-year-old actor explained that despite his age and career success, he still believes he is learning and growing as a person. He also revealed that he enjoys reading different perspectives and experiences to better understand the world around him. Stan and Wallis first sparked dating rumours in May 2022 after they were seen together at Robert Pattinson’s birthday celebration. Over time, the couple gradually made more public appearances, confirming their romance without making many public comments about their relationship. In February 2024, Wallis accompanied Stan to the Berlin International Film Festival for the premiere of A Different Man. A few months later, the pair walked the red carpet together at the Cannes Film Festival for the premiere of Stan’s film The Apprentice, in which he portrays Donald Trump. Professionally, Stan continues to stay busy with several high-profile projects. Marvel fans are eagerly awaiting his return as Bucky Barnes, also known as the Winter Soldier, in Avengers: Doomsday. The highly anticipated superhero film is scheduled to arrive in theatres on December 18, while the actor now also begins an exciting new role in his personal life as a first-time father.

  • | |

    Ellie Goulding sues former managers over alleged hidden Live Nation ownership

    British singer Ellie Goulding has launched legal proceedings against her former managers, Ben Mawson and Ed Millet of TaP Management, alleging that they failed to disclose a business connection to Live Nation while representing her. The dispute centers on HNOE, the parent company associated with TaP Management. Goulding alleges that the company was owned by Live Nation during the period in which Mawson and Millet managed her. According to the claims, the alleged ownership was not disclosed to her, despite the managers receiving a 20 percent commission on her earnings between 2018 and 2025. The lawsuit argues that the undisclosed relationship created a potential conflict of interest. During those years, Goulding entered into several agreements involving Live Nation-related companies, including deals connected to touring, merchandise and film projects. She claims she was unaware of the alleged ownership connection when those agreements were made. The case also reportedly points to contractual arrangements that prevented her managers from reducing or avoiding their business ties with Live Nation. Goulding’s legal action therefore raises questions about whether decisions made on her behalf were influenced by interests that had not been fully revealed to her. The allegations have drawn attention across the music industry because of TaP Management’s wider history with major recording artists. Online discussion has also connected the dispute with Dua Lipa’s departure from TaP and the management links surrounding Lana Del Rey, although those circumstances are separate from Goulding’s legal claims. Goulding’s lawsuit remains at an early stage, and the allegations have not been established in court. The case is expected to focus on the nature of the relationship between TaP, HNOE and Live Nation, as well as what Goulding was told about those business interests during her management agreement. Neither Mawson nor Millet has publicly responded to the allegations at the time of publication. The outcome of the proceedings could have broader implications for artist-management relationships, particularly when managers have financial or corporate connections to companies with which their clients conduct business. As the legal process continues, the central issue will be whether Goulding was adequately informed about the alleged ownership structure and whether the relationship created a conflict that affected business decisions made during her seven-year management period. https://variety.com/2026/music/news/ellie-goulding-sues-former-managers-live-nation-1236826769/

  • |

    Fatima Zahra makes history with Commonwealth medal

    Islamabad: Pakistan’s rising boxing star Fatima Zahra has created history by guaranteeing the country’s first medal at the 2026 Commonwealth Games after a commanding 5-0 victory over Jordan Wilson of New Zealand in the women’s 60kg quarter-final. Fatima delivered another dominant performance to book her place in the semi-finals, ensuring at least a bronze medal for Pakistan. She began her campaign with an impressive opening-round victory over Real Ebuoha of Lesotho, where the referee stopped the contest early after Fatima completely outclassed her opponent. With back-to-back dominant wins, Fatima has emerged as one of Pakistan’s standout athletes at the Games. Her remarkable achievement also makes her the first Pakistani woman in history to win a boxing medal at the Commonwealth Games. The historic feat marks a major milestone for women’s boxing in Pakistan and is expected to inspire a new generation of female athletes across the country.

  • Thailand’s E-Commerce Vendors Push Back Against High Platform Fees  

    BANGKOK – The Thai E-Commerce Association recently held a major meeting with the Trade Competition Commission of Thailand (TCCT). Online vendors also joined the talks to express their deep frustration with the industry. They raised serious concerns over unfair business practices and skyrocketing commission fees charged by major e-commerce platforms. Many small business owners are struggling […]

  • |

    Sri Lanka’s Tharanga storms to Commonwealth gold

    Pakistan’s star javelin thrower Arshad Nadeem failed to secure a medal in the men’s javelin final at the Commonwealth Games, finishing ninth in a field of 12 athletes. Arshad entered the competition as one of Pakistan’s strongest medal contenders. However, he was unable to produce the long throws needed to challenge for a place on the podium. His opening attempt was declared a foul and did not count towards the final standings. In his second attempt, he registered a throw of 77.41 metres. His third and final throw measured 75.39 metres, leaving him in ninth position at the end of the event. Sri Lanka’s Romesh Tharanga delivered the best performance of the competition to win the gold medal with a throw of 89.75 metres. His effort secured the top spot after an impressive display throughout the final. India’s Neeraj Chopra claimed the silver medal with a best throw of 85.83 metres. Fellow Indian athlete Yashvir Singh completed the podium by winning the bronze medal after recording a throw of 85.41 metres. The men’s javelin final featured 12 athletes from different Commonwealth nations, with several competitors producing throws beyond the 85-metre mark. Arshad was unable to find his rhythm during the competition and remained well behind the leading performers. The result came as a disappointment for Pakistani fans, who had hoped Arshad would add another major international medal to his impressive career. Despite missing out on the podium, he remains one of Pakistan’s most successful athletes and has consistently represented the country with distinction at international events. Arshad has previously won medals at major competitions and is widely regarded as one of the world’s leading javelin throwers. His achievements have inspired a new generation of athletes in Pakistan and raised the profile of athletics in the country.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *