six palestinians killed
| | | |

Six Palestinians killed, 37 injured in fresh Gaza …

GAZA: At least six Palestinians have been killed and 37 others injured in fresh Israeli attacks on the Gaza Strip, according to the Palestinian Ministry of Health, adding to the mounting toll since the ceasefire in October 2025.

The latest casualties were reported as attacks continued to affect different parts of the besieged territory. The deaths and injuries have once again raised concerns over the fragile situation in Gaza, where civilians continue to face the consequences of the prolonged conflict.

According to the Palestinian Ministry of Health, more than 1,100 Palestinians have been killed and nearly 4,000 wounded since the ceasefire began in October 2025.

The ministry said that more than 800 bodies have also been recovered from various locations since the ceasefire. The figures highlight the scale of the devastation and the continuing challenges faced by emergency teams searching affected areas.

The latest violence comes despite the ceasefire that was expected to reduce bloodshed and provide relief to Gaza’s population. The renewed casualties have added further uncertainty to an already fragile situation.

Meanwhile, tensions have also continued in the occupied West Bank. Palestinian authorities said 66 Palestinians were arrested in different parts of the territory.

The developments come as the humanitarian situation remains a major concern, with communities in Gaza continuing to deal with the aftermath of months of fighting, widespread destruction and loss of life.

For families in the territory, every new round of violence brings fresh fear and uncertainty. The latest deaths have once again put the spotlight on the fragile ceasefire and the urgent need to prevent further escalation.

As the death toll continues to rise, attention remains focused on whether diplomatic efforts can restore lasting calm and protect civilians caught in the conflict.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    IHC declares Mazari, Chatha sentence suspension pl…

    The Islamabad High Court has declared admissible the petitions seeking suspension of sentences of Imaan Mazari and Hadi Chatha, who were convicted by a trial court in the controversial tweets case. Justice Muhammad Azam Khan of the Islamabad High Court issued a reserved verdict, rejecting a miscellaneous application filed by the prosecution challenging the admissibility of the petitions. The court had reserved its decision yesterday after hearing arguments from both sides. The prosecution had argued that the petitions for suspension of sentence filed by Imaan Mazari and Hadi Chatha were premature. It is pertinent to mention that Additional Sessions Judge Muhammad Afzal Majoka had sentenced both Imaan Mazari and Hadi Chatha to a total of 17 years in prison each under the Prevention of Electronic Crimes Act (PECA). Both convicts have approached the Islamabad High Court seeking suspension of their sentences. Earlier, The Islamabad High Court on Friday reserved its decision on whether petitions seeking the suspension of prison sentences awarded to lawyers and human rights activists Imaan Zainab Mazari-Hazir and Hadi Ali Chattha can proceed. The petitions relate to the couple’s convictions in a case involving alleged controversial social media posts under the Prevention of Electronic Crimes Act (PECA). The hearing was conducted by Justice Muhammad Azam Khan, who considered preliminary arguments from both the prosecution and the defence before reserving his ruling on the maintainability of the petitions. During the proceedings, lawyers representing the National Cyber Crime Investigation Agency (NCCIA) argued that the requests for suspension of sentence had been filed too early. They maintained that the court should first decide the prosecution’s objection challenging the admissibility of the petitions before considering any request for relief

  • | |

    Greek air defense system intercepts missiles fired…

    A Greek-operated air defense system stationed in Saudi Arabia reportedly intercepted and destroyed two ballistic missiles launched from Yemen, preventing what officials described as a potential attack on the kingdom’s critical energy infrastructure. According to international media reports citing informed sources, the missiles were aimed at the oil refineries in Yanbu, a strategic industrial city on Saudi Arabia’s Red Sea coast. The projectiles were intercepted before reaching their intended targets, avoiding potential damage to one of the country’s key energy facilities. Saudi Civil Defense authorities issued an emergency alert in Yanbu during the incident, warning residents of a possible security threat and advising them to remain cautious until the situation was brought under control. No casualties or damage were reported following the successful interception. Sources familiar with the incident said the attack involved two ballistic missiles fired from Yemen. A separate source also confirmed that both missiles were successfully destroyed by the air defense system before they could strike the targeted oil infrastructure. The interception was reportedly carried out using a U.S.-made Patriot air defense battery operated by Greek military personnel. Greece deployed the Patriot system to Saudi Arabia in 2021 under a bilateral defense agreement aimed at strengthening the kingdom’s air defense capabilities and protecting vital energy infrastructure from missile and drone attacks. The deployment marked a significant step in defense cooperation between Greece and Saudi Arabia, with the Patriot battery providing additional protection for critical facilities, including oil refineries and other strategic installations. Yanbu is home to some of Saudi Arabia’s most important refining and export facilities, making it a vital hub for the country’s energy sector. As a result, the city has remained a key location for enhanced security measures amid regional tensions. The reported interception comes against the backdrop of ongoing instability in the region, where missile and drone threats have periodically targeted energy infrastructure. Saudi Arabia has invested heavily in advanced air defense systems to safeguard its strategic assets and maintain the uninterrupted flow of energy supplies. While the reported attack was successfully thwarted, the incident underscores the continuing security challenges facing the region and the importance of international defense cooperation in protecting critical infrastructure. Neither Saudi authorities nor Greek officials had released a detailed official statement on the reported interception at the time of publication.

  • |

    Unesco reports 2.4 million Afghan girls barred from secondary education under Taliban rule

    Roughly 2.4 million Afghan girls have been systematically denied access to secondary education since the Taliban regained power in 2021, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (Unesco) announced, urging an immediate end to the policy. The UN agency noted that the number of girls excluded from high school has grown by 200,000 over the past year and warned that the figure could reach nearly four million by 2030 if the restrictions remain in place. Afghanistan remains the only country in the world where female students are formally prohibited from attending school beyond the primary level. The current restrictions mark a stark reversal of educational progress achieved over the preceding two decades. In 2001, female enrolment was severely limited, but by 2021, nearly one million girls were actively attending secondary schools across the country. Beyond human rights concerns, Unesco highlighted the severe long-term economic fallout, estimating that the prohibition on female education and employment could cost the Afghan economy $9.6 billion (£7.5 billion) by 2066. The wider educational landscape in Afghanistan faces critical systemic strain. More than half of primary-school-aged children are out of school entirely, and over 90 per cent of 10-year-olds are unable to read basic text. Infrastructure deficits, including widespread shortages of clean drinking water, sanitation, and heating, alongside recurrent natural disasters continue to exacerbate the ongoing crisis.

  • | | | |

    US strikes IRGC bases after Iran missile attack

    The Middle East moved a step closer to a broader regional conflict after the United States launched large-scale airstrikes against dozens of Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) facilities across Iran in retaliation for Tehran’s ballistic missile attack targeting American forces stationed in the region. According to the US Central Command (CENTCOM), the operation targeted military command centers, drone infrastructure, weapons depots and other strategic IRGC installations during a coordinated two-hour campaign. US officials said the strikes were intended to weaken Iran’s ability to threaten American troops, commercial shipping lanes and allied Gulf nations. Iranian state media reported that at least three people were killed during strikes on Qeshm Island, while authorities vowed that the country would continue defending its territory against what it described as “American aggression.” The crisis quickly spread beyond Iran’s borders. Jordan announced that its air defence systems intercepted five missiles following Iran’s confirmed launch toward US military installations in the kingdom. Washington maintained that all missiles directed at American bases were successfully intercepted, preventing casualties among US personnel. In another major development, US and Saudi forces carried out coordinated strikes against Iran-backed armed groups operating in eastern Iraq after drone attacks launched from Iraqi territory targeted Saudi oil facilities. The joint operation marked the first publicly acknowledged military action conducted together by Washington and Riyadh against Iran-aligned militias. Regional instability deepened further after a fire broke out aboard a US-owned gas storage tanker at Egypt’s Mediterranean port of Damietta. Although maritime security experts suggested the blaze may have resulted from a drone strike, Egyptian officials confirmed only the fire and said investigations into its cause were continuing. The latest escalation comes against the backdrop of months of confrontation between Iran, the United States and Israel. Fighting resumed after disputes over the strategically important Strait of Hormuz ended a short-lived ceasefire reached in June. US President Donald Trump reiterated that America would respond decisively to attacks on its forces while insisting diplomatic efforts remained active. However, continued military exchanges around the Strait of Hormuz have complicated negotiations and increased concerns over global energy supplies. Iran has claimed it targeted three tankers attempting to pass through what it called an unauthorized route in the strait, while rejecting an Omani-backed proposal supported by Gulf states for joint management of the crucial waterway. The conflict has also rattled global energy markets, with Brent crude prices climbing above $90 per barrel before easing later in trading. Meanwhile, Iraq’s Iran-backed Popular Mobilisation Forces said at least 20 of their fighters were killed in the US-Saudi strikes, prompting Baghdad to condemn the attacks as a violation of its sovereignty while urging all armed groups to halt cross-border military operations. Saudi Arabia has also intensified diplomatic efforts, with Defence Minister Prince Khalid bin Salman meeting US Vice President JD Vance in Washington to urge restraint. Saudi officials reportedly warned that expanding military operations against Yemen’s Houthis and Iran-backed militias in Iraq could trigger unpredictable consequences across the Middle East, highlighting growing fears that the conflict could widen even further.

  • |

    West Indies spark debate with unusual strategy to stop Babar Azam

    West Indies have come under scrutiny after employing an unusual fielding tactic against Pakistan during the first Test, sparking widespread debate among cricket fans and experts. The incident occurred on the final delivery of an over when Pakistan batter Babar Azam played the ball into the field and attempted to take a single. Instead of collecting the ball immediately and throwing it back, West Indies fast bowler and fielder Shamar Joseph deliberately allowed it to continue rolling toward the boundary. Joseph waited until the ball reached the boundary rope, conceding four runs instead of preventing the boundary. The apparent objective was to ensure Babar remained at the non-striker’s end, preventing him from facing the first delivery of the next over. The move effectively sacrificed three additional runs in exchange for denying Pakistan’s star batter more time at the crease. At the time, Babar appeared to be batting confidently and had shown encouraging signs of returning to his best form, prompting the West Indies to adopt a tactical approach aimed at limiting his influence. The moment was captured on camera and quickly spread across social media, where it generated mixed reactions from fans and former players alike. Many questioned whether the decision reflected the spirit of the game, arguing that intentionally allowing a boundary to avoid bowling to a particular batter was against the traditions of Test cricket. Critics described the tactic as unsporting, saying teams should focus on dismissing batters through skill rather than manipulating the strike in such an unconventional manner. Some supporters of Pakistan also expressed frustration, claiming the strategy highlighted the respect and concern the West Indies had for Babar’s batting ability. However, others defended the decision, pointing out that Test cricket has always involved strategic planning and field placements designed to gain an advantage. They argued that if a team believes facing a certain batter poses a greater threat, using legal methods to keep that player off strike is simply part of the tactical battle that defines the longest format of the game. Supporters of the move also noted that the Laws of Cricket do not prohibit a fielder from allowing the ball to reach the boundary intentionally. As long as no law is breached, they believe captains and players are free to make calculated decisions that improve their chances of success. The incident has reignited discussions about the balance between gamesmanship and sportsmanship in modern cricket. While innovative tactics have become increasingly common across all formats, opinions remain divided over where teams should draw the line between strategic thinking and preserving the spirit of the game. Regardless of the differing viewpoints, the episode has become one of the most talked-about moments of the opening Test, with Babar Azam once again finding himself at the center of attention. Whether viewed as clever strategy or controversial gamesmanship, the West Indies’ decision has added another fascinating chapter to the ongoing contest between the two sides.

  • |

    South African court pauses impeachment proceedings against Cyril Ramaphosa

    South Africa’s Western Cape High Court has granted President Cyril Ramaphosa a temporary order halting parliamentary impeachment proceedings against him. The interdict pauses the work of a parliamentary impeachment committee until the court reviews a November 2022 panel report in September, which concluded that Ramaphosa “may have committed” serious violations regarding the Phala Phala farm scandal. The controversy stems from a 2020 break-in at Ramaphosa’s luxury farmhouse in Limpopo, where $580,000 in undeclared foreign currency hidden inside a sofa was stolen. While a former spy chief alleged the stolen sum reached $4 million and accused the president of concealing the robbery from tax and police authorities, Ramaphosa has maintained his innocence, stating the cash came from a legitimate sale of 20 buffaloes. Although the ruling African National Congress (ANC) initially quashed impeachment efforts in Parliament in 2022 and prosecutors dropped criminal charges in 2024, a Constitutional Court ruling in May 2026 reinstated the impeachment process. Ramaphosa welcomed Friday’s court decision, affirming his respect for judicial independence while awaiting the full review hearing in September.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *