jaranwala tragedy remains
| |

Jaranwala tragedy remains a deep wound, says Punja…

Punjab Minister for Minority Affairs Sardar Ramesh Singh Arora has said that the painful memories of August 16 are still fresh. He described the Jaranwala tragedy as a deep wound on the hearts of the affected families and communities.

In a statement, Arora said the Punjab government stood with all victims of the tragedy. He said Chief Minister Punjab and the provincial government were committed to protecting the rights of religious minorities.

Arora said the Punjab government had adopted an effective strategy to ensure the safety of minority communities. He added that security measures had been strengthened to protect people from violence and discrimination.

The provincial minister said the protection of religious minorities was a priority for the government. He claimed that the government had taken steps to ensure that such an incident would not happen again.

Arora warned that no individual or group would be allowed to take the law into their own hands. He said violations of the rights of religious minorities would not be tolerated.

He stressed that every citizen had the right to live in safety and with dignity. He said the government was responsible for protecting the lives and property of all citizens, regardless of their religious background.

The minister also said religious minorities in Punjab were being provided with all possible facilities. He said the government was working to address their concerns and improve their overall security.

Arora said the Punjab government would continue taking measures to create a peaceful environment for all communities. He added that protection of minorities was essential for maintaining harmony and stability in the province.

The minister’s statement came on August 16, the anniversary of the Jaranwala incident. The episode remains a painful memory for the Christian community and has continued to raise concerns about the protection of religious minorities.

Arora said the government was determined to learn from the tragedy and prevent similar incidents in the future. He reiterated that no one would be permitted to violate the law or target minority communities.

Similar Posts

  • | | |

    Iran claims victory on military, political fronts

    Iranian Parliament Speaker Bagher Ghalibaf has claimed that Iran has emerged victorious on both the military and political fronts of the ongoing conflict. Speaking about the situation, Ghalibaf said Iran was facing what he described as an unjust war imposed by the United States and Israel. He said the Iranian nation was confronting the conflict with courage and determination. According to Ghalibaf, Iran had successfully resisted pressure on both the military and political fronts. Ghalibaf said the Iranian people had remained united despite the challenges created by the conflict. He praised their resistance and said the nation had shown that it could withstand pressure from powerful opponents. His remarks came after the General Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces said that Iran would not retreat until the United States and Israel were completely defeated. The Iranian military leadership said resistance had become part of the mindset of Iran’s younger generation. It claimed that the legacy of resistance had been passed from one generation to another. According to the Iranian Armed Forces, the country’s new generation had remained firm in the face of what it described as the world’s most powerful military forces. The military leadership also said Iran would continue its struggle to protect what it called its legitimate rights. It said Tehran would not abandon its position until the opposing side surrendered. The Iranian Armed Forces further accused the United States of continuing its aggression to expand its influence and establish dominance in the region. Iranian officials have repeatedly presented the conflict as a struggle against foreign aggression. They have also stressed the importance of national unity and resistance in facing military and political pressure.

  • | |

    Gold climbs back near 10-week peak, investors awai…

    LONDON: Gold prices rose on Wednesday as investors reduced expectations of tighter US monetary policy and turned their attention to upcoming inflation data that could influence the Federal Reserve’s next interest-rate decision. Spot gold gained 0.6 per cent to $4,391.82 an ounce by 0535 GMT, while US gold futures for December delivery advanced 0.2pc to $4,451.90. The precious metal had reached a 10-week high a day earlier before encountering technical resistance around $4,387, near its 100-day moving average. It subsequently closed lower for the second time this month. Market analyst Kelvin Wong of Oanda said the recent strength in gold was largely driven by changing expectations about Federal Reserve policy. He noted that prices had also gained momentum after breaking above the $4,200 level late last week. Gold recorded its strongest weekly gain since January on Friday after weaker-than-expected US employment figures prompted traders to reduce their expectations of further interest-rate increases. According to the CME FedWatch Tool, markets are now assigning roughly a 50 per cent probability to a rate hike in September, down from about 60pc before the jobs report. Lower interest rates generally benefit gold because the metal does not generate interest, making it relatively more attractive when yields decline. Investors were awaiting the latest US Consumer Price Index figures later on Wednesday for further clues about the Federal Reserve’s monetary policy. Chicago Fed President Austan Goolsbee has meanwhile said inflation remains a greater concern for him than weakness in the labour market. Oil prices also extended their gains after the United States and Houthi forces reported separate attacks involving shipping on Tuesday. Meanwhile, hopes of an end to the Iran conflict appeared to weaken after Tehran indicated that the Strait of Hormuz would remain closed unless certain conditions were met.

  • | |

    Perez Hilton’s family shares hopeful health upda…

    Celebrity blogger Perez Hilton’s family has spoken publicly for the first time following his hospitalization, offering a hopeful update while asking for privacy as he continues to receive medical care. The 48-year-old media personality was taken to a hospital on August 4 after a deeply distressing TikTok livestream prompted concerned viewers to contact emergency services. Authorities responded to the situation and transported Hilton to a nearby hospital, where he has remained under medical supervision.  A day after the incident, Hilton’s family released a statement through his official website, confirming that he is now able to communicate. They described this development as a positive sign and said it has given them hope during an incredibly difficult time. “We remain hopeful,” the family shared, while expressing gratitude for the overwhelming support they have received from fans, friends, and well-wishers around the world. They also thanked first responders and medical professionals for acting quickly and providing care when it was needed most.  The family acknowledged that they are still waiting for more answers regarding Hilton’s condition but stressed that their primary focus is on his recovery. They requested continued prayers, patience, and privacy as doctors monitor his progress. Hilton’s representatives also released a brief statement, saying their immediate concern is his health and well-being. They declined to comment further, explaining that the situation remains sensitive and that the family’s wishes for privacy should be respected.  The incident has sparked widespread conversations about mental health and the challenges of living in the public eye. Many public figures and fans have shared messages of compassion, urging people to approach the situation with empathy rather than judgment. Social media users have also praised the swift response from viewers who alerted emergency services after witnessing the livestream.  TikTok confirmed that the livestream was flagged by its automated safety systems but said a moderation error delayed its removal. The platform has since banned the account involved for violating its policies on self-harm content.  For now, Perez Hilton’s family says they remain optimistic as he continues treatment. While they have not shared additional details about his medical condition, their latest statement offers reassurance that he is communicating with those around him, giving loved ones renewed hope for his recovery. 

  • | |

    Kabaddi player’s wife dies in suspected suicide

    HARYANA: Muskan, the 23-year-old wife of international Indian kabaddi player Shailu Ballhara, was found dead at her residence in the Indian state of Haryana in what police believe to be a suspected suicide, according to Indian media reports. The incident reportedly took place on Friday afternoon. Family members informed the police after discovering her unconscious at the house. Law enforcement officials, along with a forensic team, reached the scene soon afterward and began collecting evidence. Police have launched an investigation to determine the circumstances surrounding the death. Officials said the exact cause behind the suspected suicide has not yet been established, and investigators are examining all possible aspects of the case. According to Muskan’s family, she married Shailu Ballhara in December 2023. The couple welcomed their son, Hardik, in November 2025. Relatives said the family had been living together following the birth of their child. Investigators are also reviewing Muskan’s recent social media activity. Indian media reported that a day before her death, she shared a video featuring a sad Punjabi song, which has become part of the ongoing investigation. However, police have not confirmed whether the post was linked to the incident. Officials said statements from family members and other individuals are being recorded, while forensic evidence collected from the residence is being examined. Authorities added that no conclusions will be drawn until the investigation is complete.

  • | |

    Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Türkiye form military pow…

    According to the Global Firepower Index, the combined military capabilities of Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Türkiye have become more significant following the signing of a mutual defence agreement between the three countries. The assessment describes the agreement as more than a conventional defence arrangement, saying it represents an effort to bring the military capabilities of three major regional powers into a coordinated defence partnership. Together, the three countries have approximately 1.4 million active military personnel, around 3,415 military aircraft, 6,046 tanks and 344 naval assets, according to the assessment. Pakistan plays a major role in the partnership, with around 660,000 active military personnel and a nuclear capability that significantly strengthens the combined strategic deterrence of the three countries. Türkiye contributes a strong defence industry and advanced military capabilities. It has around 192 naval assets and substantial expertise in drones, missiles, sensors and electronic warfare. Saudi Arabia, meanwhile, provides the largest financial contribution to the partnership. Its annual defence budget is estimated at around $63.9 billion. The kingdom’s strategic geographical position also gives it considerable importance within the proposed defence partnership. The combined annual defence spending of Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Türkiye is estimated at approximately $124.4 billion. The figures indicate that the three countries collectively possess substantial manpower, air power, land forces and naval capabilities. Their combined resources could provide the partnership with greater strategic weight in regional security matters. The assessment also highlights the different strengths each country could bring to the alliance. Pakistan contributes significant manpower and nuclear deterrence, Türkiye offers defence technology and military-industrial capabilities, while Saudi Arabia provides substantial financial resources and strategic geographic importance. Together, these capabilities could create a broader and more diversified defence partnership among the three countries.

  • | |

    Gold becomes cheaper in Pakistan after major price…

    Gold prices in Pakistan witnessed a significant decline on Thursday, providing relief to buyers as rates fell in line with the downward trend in the international bullion market. According to the All Pakistan Sarafa Gems and Jewellers Association, the price of one tola of gold decreased by Rs. 1,800, bringing the new rate down to Rs. 432,036 per tola. The price of 10 grams of gold also recorded a decline of Rs. 1,543, settling at Rs. 370,401 across the local market. The drop in domestic gold prices follows a decline in international bullion rates. In the global market, the price of gold fell by $18 per ounce, reaching $4,096 per ounce. Gold prices in Pakistan are influenced by fluctuations in international markets as well as movements in the exchange rate. Market analysts say changes in global demand, investor sentiment, and economic developments continue to impact bullion prices on a daily basis. Traders expect gold prices to remain sensitive to international market trends in the coming days, with further fluctuations possible depending on global economic data and investor activity.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *