bla kidnaps courier
| |

BLA kidnaps courier company’s mini-truck with tw…

Security sources said that armed members of the proscribed Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) abducted a courier company’s mini-truck along with two people from the Khad Koocha area on July 24.

According to the sources, the kidnappers demanded Rs25 million in ransom from the courier company on July 26 and threatened to kill the hostages if the money was not paid.

Security sources said the proscribed BLA is involved not only in terrorism but also in criminal activities, including bank robberies, vehicle theft, extortion and kidnapping for ransom.

They said such incidents indicate the involvement of criminal networks in activities that can also serve as a source of financing for terrorism.

The sources said ordinary Baloch citizens, local traders and peace in Balochistan suffer the most from such activities.

They added that such actions are also aimed at creating fear and insecurity among residents and disrupting the peaceful environment in the region.

Similar Posts

  • |

    China missile test deepens pacific’s struggle fo…

    SUVA: A Chinese ballistic-missile test in the Pacific has exposed a growing dilemma for the region’s small island nations: how can they preserve their vision of an “Ocean of Peace” while increasingly finding themselves caught between the military ambitions of major powers? China’s July missile launch, its first known ballistic-missile test into the Pacific since September 2024, has intensified concerns about the region’s rapid militarisation. The test came just hours after Fiji signed a major defence agreement with Australia, its first-ever military alliance. The timing highlighted the competing security interests shaping the Pacific, where the United States and China are increasingly contesting influence. Yet despite widespread concern among Pacific leaders, the region failed to agree on a joint statement condemning the Chinese missile test during a meeting of foreign ministers in Suva last week. Papua New Guinea Foreign Minister Justin Tkatchenko described the launch as “totally inappropriate”, saying that while China remained a close friend and partner of Papua New Guinea, the missile test was not helpful. Beijing had informed Papua New Guinea about the launch beforehand, Tkatchenko said, but did not provide details about where the missile would land. China defended the exercise at the time. Foreign Ministry spokesperson Mao Ning said the test had been conducted safely and urged other countries not to “over-interpret” the event. Pacific caught between major powers The missile launch was the latest in a series of military developments that have transformed the Pacific into an increasingly contested strategic space. Chinese naval deployments and live-fire exercises, including drills in the Tasman Sea, have become more visible. At the same time, US allies have expanded military exercises around Guam and Hawaii, while Washington maintains major military facilities and forces across Hawaii, Guam and the Marshall Islands. For Pacific island governments, the growing military activity creates an uncomfortable contradiction. Many have repeatedly insisted that their region should not become another battleground for global power competition. In September 2025, Pacific leaders endorsed the Ocean of Peace Declaration, pledging to protect the region and strengthen international peace and security. The initiative was intended to put Pacific countries themselves at the centre of discussions about their security rather than allowing outside powers to define the region’s strategic priorities. David Peebles of the Australian National University’s Pacific Security College said Pacific nations had historically resisted security agendas imposed by larger countries. But the growing number of defence agreements is now testing that principle. Defence deals bring benefits — and fears For some Pacific governments, security partnerships offer practical advantages. They can provide surveillance against illegal fishing, disaster-response capabilities, policing assistance, military equipment and training. Australia’s new defence agreement with Fiji, known as the Ocean of Peace Alliance, reflects that approach. But critics fear that a growing network of bilateral security arrangements could gradually draw Pacific nations deeper into the strategic competition between China and the United States. Tuvalu’s permanent foreign secretary, Pasuna Tuaga, speaking in a personal capacity, expressed concern over increasing militarisation, including security arrangements such as the AUKUS partnership between Australia, Britain and the United States. The concern is not simply about military exercises or missiles. Pacific governments also worry that agreements could eventually influence how their territory, waters and critical infrastructure are used. Solomon Islands Foreign Minister Rick Houenipwela, who chaired the Suva talks, stressed that the region’s security agenda must remain “conceived by the Pacific, shaped by the Pacific”. Yet achieving that unity is becoming increasingly difficult. China divides Pacific consensus The failure to produce a common statement on China’s missile test revealed just how sharply interests differ among Pacific nations. Officials familiar with the discussions said Kiribati and Nauru did not support the wording of a proposed statement. Both countries have strengthened relations with Beijing after switching diplomatic recognition away from Taiwan. New Zealand Foreign Minister Winston Peters attributed the failure to reach consensus to foreign influence, although he did not identify any country. The disagreement reflects a broader challenge. Some Pacific governments, particularly those closer to longstanding US military facilities, favour stronger security ties with Washington and its allies. Others remain cautious about becoming involved in military competition between major powers and maintain close economic or diplomatic relations with Beijing. Fiji faces a difficult balancing act Fiji is now at the centre of this debate. The country signed its defence agreement with Australia and participated for the first time in the US-led RIMPAC military exercises last month. At the same time, Fiji has publicly supported the vision of a peaceful Pacific free from major-power confrontation. Foreign Minister Sakiasi Ditoka acknowledged the tension, saying Pacific nations wanted to be free from “all these war-making paraphernalia” while recognising that some security capabilities were necessary to protect them. For Pacific leaders, the challenge is increasingly about finding the right balance. The region does not want to choose sides in a rivalry between Washington and Beijing. But as military exercises expand, defence agreements multiply and missiles are tested in Pacific waters, remaining completely outside that rivalry is becoming harder. The issue is expected to return to the spotlight when Pacific leaders gather in Palau in three weeks for the Pacific Islands Forum summit. The missile test may have lasted only moments, but its political impact could linger far longer — forcing Pacific nations to confront whether their dream of an “Ocean of Peace” can survive amid an increasingly militarised region.

  • | |

    Sindh High Court forcibly retires senior civil jud…

    The Chief Justice of the Sindh High Court has ordered the compulsory retirement of Senior Civil Judge Ayaz Ali after corruption allegations against him were found to be proven following a departmental inquiry. According to the inspection team, the inquiry established misconduct on the part of the senior civil judge. The investigation was carried out in detail by Inquiry Officer Justice Shamsuddin Abbasi, who examined the allegations and submitted his findings after completing the proceedings. The inspection team said the competent authority had initially recommended the judge’s dismissal from service. However, after conducting the final hearing and reviewing all available facts and evidence, the Chief Justice decided to impose the penalty of compulsory retirement instead of outright dismissal. Officials said the decision was made after completing all legal and administrative procedures related to the disciplinary case. The punishment was finalized following a comprehensive review of the inquiry report and the recommendations submitted by the relevant authorities. The inspection team further stated that the Sindh High Court’s order has come into immediate effect. As a result, Senior Civil Judge Ayaz Ali has been compulsorily retired from judicial service in accordance with the court’s disciplinary decision. The action reflects the judiciary’s internal accountability process, under which complaints of misconduct against judicial officers are investigated through formal inquiries before disciplinary measures are taken. The latest order concludes the proceedings against the senior civil judge and has been enforced with immediate effect.

  • | |

    Huda Kattan addresses online trolling after daughter faces comments over lyme disease claims

    Beauty entrepreneur and founder of Huda Beauty, Huda Kattan, has spoken out in an emotional message shared on her official Instagram account after her daughter faced hurtful comments online regarding their experience with Lyme disease. In a heartfelt video, Kattan opened up about the impact of social media negativity and expressed her disappointment over the way some people targeted her young daughter. The discussion came after online users made comments about the family’s health journey, leading Kattan to defend her daughter and highlight the importance of kindness, especially towards children. Kattan explained that dealing with a health challenge is already difficult for families, and receiving criticism or judgment online can make the experience even more painful. She used the moment to remind her followers that behind every post or public appearance is a real person with real emotions. The beauty mogul, who has built a global following through her makeup brand and online presence, has often shared personal moments with her audience. However, she also acknowledged the challenges that come with being in the public eye, where family matters can sometimes become the subject of unwanted attention. Many fans responded with messages of support, praising Kattan for speaking honestly and standing up for her daughter. Supporters criticised the negative comments and called for more empathy and awareness when discussing sensitive personal matters. The incident has once again raised conversations about online behaviour and the responsibility of social media users when commenting on the lives of public figures and their families. While celebrities may share parts of their lives with millions of followers, many fans believe that compassion and respect should remain a priority. Kattan’s message serves as a reminder that behind every public account is a person navigating their own struggles, and that kindness online can make a meaningful difference. https://www.instagram.com/reel/DblfEQiN1dm/?igsh=cjJtcm1rd2xkOTFz

  • | |

    Tom Holland, Jon Bernthal bring humour to new Spider-Man film

    Tom Holland and Jon Bernthal have revealed how their friendship helped create a more humorous atmosphere while filming Marvel’s upcoming film Spider-Man: Brand New Day. The two actors had previously worked together on Christopher Nolan’s highly anticipated epic The Odyssey. Holland described that experience as remarkable but demanding. After completing work on Nolan’s film, the actors moved on to the new Spider-Man project. Holland said the change in atmosphere was immediate. According to Holland, the pair spent around six weeks working in an improvised and relaxed environment. They frequently joked on set and looked for new ways to add humour to the upcoming movie. Holland said their off-screen relationship also influenced the connection between their characters. He explained that the relationship originally written in the script changed significantly during production. Holland credited Bernthal’s acting and creative input for helping shape the final dynamic. Bernthal also spoke warmly about his long-standing relationship with Holland. The actor said he had known Holland since the British star was 17. The two had even worked together on audition tapes for the Marvel Cinematic Universe before Holland became widely known for playing Spider-Man. Bernthal praised Holland’s development as an actor and said he remained impressed by his personality. He described Holland as kind, hardworking and grounded despite his enormous success in Hollywood. The upcoming film will bring Holland’s Spider-Man together with Bernthal’s Punisher. Their partnership is expected to be one of the major attractions of the new Marvel project. The actors’ comments suggest that their real-life friendship played an important role in developing the chemistry between their characters.

  • | |

    PCB warns former cricketers over participation in …

    The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has taken strict notice of the participation of several former Pakistani cricketers in the Asian Legends League 2026 being held in Zambia, warning that players who take part in unapproved overseas events without obtaining a No Objection Certificate (NOC) will face disciplinary action. According to the PCB, the tournament has not received official approval from the International Cricket Council (ICC). Reports also indicate that the Zambia Cricket Union has not formally sanctioned the event. Under ICC regulations, current and former players are required to obtain permission from their home cricket board before participating in overseas cricket competitions. The board emphasized that compliance with ICC rules is mandatory and that any violation could result in serious consequences. The PCB stated that individuals who participated in the unapproved league without prior approval would be subject to disciplinary measures in accordance with existing regulations. As part of the announced penalties, those found in violation may be denied an NOC for participation in any overseas cricket league for up to two years. In addition, they may become ineligible for assignments associated with the Pakistan Cricket Board and the HBL Pakistan Super League (PSL) during the same period. The restrictions could extend beyond playing opportunities and also apply to coaching, mentoring, commentary, administrative roles, and other official responsibilities offered by the PCB. The board said these measures are intended to protect the integrity of cricket administration and ensure compliance with international governance standards. The ICC has also reportedly advised its member cricket boards to take appropriate action against players who participate in unauthorized cricket events. Such guidance aims to maintain uniform enforcement of regulations governing international and domestic cricket activities. Reaffirming its commitment to global cricket regulations, the PCB urged all current and former Pakistani cricketers to obtain the necessary NOC before accepting invitations to participate in overseas tournaments. The board stressed that prior approval is essential regardless of the format or location of the competition. The PCB further stated that it will continue working closely with the ICC and other member boards to ensure consistent implementation of international cricket regulations. Officials believe that adherence to these rules is necessary to preserve the credibility of the sport and maintain professional standards across all levels of cricket. The latest warning serves as a reminder that participation in overseas leagues must follow established approval procedures. The PCB has encouraged players to verify the official status of tournaments and secure the required permissions before committing to any international cricket event to avoid disciplinary action.

  • | |

    SC to hear Imran access pleas on August 18

    The Supreme Court has scheduled five petitions concerning access to jailed former prime minister and PTI founder Imran Khan for hearing on August 18. A three-member bench headed by Justice Shahid Waheed will hear the petitions. Justice Naeem Akhtar Afghan and Justice Ishtiaq Ibrahim are also part of the bench. The cases were previously being heard by a bench headed by Justice Muhammad Ali Mazhar. The bench has now been reconstituted after Justice Mazhar became unavailable at the Supreme Court’s principal seat. The petitions seek permission for Imran Khan’s family members, personal doctors and legal team to meet him in prison. The applicants have also requested access to his medical records and proper arrangements for his medical treatment. The petitions gained renewed attention after PTI lawyers and lawmakers gathered outside the Supreme Court earlier this week, protesting over the continued delay in fixing the cases. A delegation led by PTI lawyer Salman Akram Raja subsequently met the apex court registrar. According to Insaf Lawyers Forum chief organiser Intezar Panjutha, the registrar assured the delegation that five petitions relating to restrictions on meetings with Imran would be listed for hearing. The cause list was expected to be issued ahead of the proceedings. One of the petitions was filed by Imran’s sister, Uzma Khan. She has sought his transfer to Shifa International Hospital, arguing that he requires proper treatment and continuous medical monitoring for an eye-related condition and other health complications. The Supreme Court had earlier directed that details of meetings held by Imran and his wife, Bushra Bibi, with family members, lawyers and party leaders in prison be submitted. The newly constituted bench has attracted attention because of the legal positions previously taken by its members in politically sensitive matters. Justice Afghan has been associated with dissenting opinions on several major constitutional and legal issues. He had opposed the constitutionality of trying civilians in military courts and had also dissented in a case involving the transfer of judges between high courts. He has previously granted post-arrest bail to PTI leaders facing cases related to the May 9 violence. Justice Ibrahim was part of a Supreme Court judgment that overturned an earlier order concerning Imran’s right to defend himself in a defamation case filed by Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif. Meanwhile, the Islamabad High Court is separately hearing petitions concerning the alleged solitary confinement of Imran Khan and Bushra Bibi. The dispute over access to Imran has remained a major issue for the PTI, which maintains that his family, lawyers and doctors should be allowed regular meetings. The government has continued to face pressure over the prison arrangements surrounding the former prime minister.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *