psx rallies over
| | |

PSX rallies over 5,000 points as regional tensions…

The Pakistan Stock Exchange started the week with a strong rally on Monday.

The benchmark KSE-100 Index gained more than 5,000 points during intraday trading. The sharp rise came as investors welcomed the pause in fighting between the United States and Iran.

The index opened with strong buying activity. By 9:50am, it had risen 4,501 points to reach 175,522.53 points. The previous close was 171,021.20 points.

The upward movement continued during the morning session. By 10:30am, the index had gained 5,069 points and reached 176,090.08 points.

The improved geopolitical situation boosted investor confidence. The United States and Iran have paused their military strikes. The development has raised hopes for renewed diplomatic efforts.

Investors also expect the easing of tensions to support shipping activity through the Strait of Hormuz.

The waterway is important for global energy supplies. Any prolonged disruption can push oil prices higher and increase pressure on economies that depend on imported fuel.

The latest development also affected global oil markets. Crude prices fell sharply as investors reacted to the temporary halt in hostilities.

Brent crude briefly dropped below $90 per barrel. It fell more than 7% at one stage during early trading.

US West Texas Intermediate crude also declined. The fall in international oil prices could provide some relief to Pakistan’s economy.

Pakistan spends a significant amount on energy imports. Lower oil prices can therefore help reduce pressure on the country’s import bill and external account.

Market analysts said the improvement in geopolitical conditions could also influence the State Bank of Pakistan’s monetary policy decision.

Awais Ashraf, director of research at AKD Securities, said investors were expecting the central bank to maintain the policy rate.

The State Bank is also expected to assess developments in the Middle East. The impact of recent floods on Pakistan’s economy will also remain under consideration.

Analysts said the continuing decline in inflation and a relatively comfortable external account could support monetary easing in the coming months.

However, economic activity and money supply trends remain important factors for policymakers.

The strong rally follows a difficult week for the PSX. The KSE-100 Index had fallen by around 2.7% last week.

The index lost 4,782 points and closed at 171,021.20 points.

Rising tensions between the United States and Iran had increased uncertainty in financial markets. Higher international oil prices also added pressure.

Investors had remained cautious because of concerns that the conflict could expand across the region.

Monday’s sharp recovery shows how quickly market sentiment can change when geopolitical risks decline.

Despite the strong gains, analysts remain cautious about the outlook.

Further developments between Washington and Tehran will remain important. Global oil prices will also influence investor sentiment.

The State Bank’s monetary policy decision is another key factor for the market.

Similar Posts

  • |

    Meghan Markle’s ring-free appearance sparks ‘deliberate message’ claim

    Meghan Markle has reportedly sent a subtle but pointed message to husband Prince Harry through a calculated public appearance. Royal insiders claim the gesture was far from accidental. Sources told Closer that Meghan wanted to remind Harry she remains the same independent, self-assured woman he originally fell for. The message, they suggest, came through a solo public outing. Meghan recently made a solo appearance at a screening for “Cookie Queens,” a documentary about the Girl Scouts on which she serves as executive producer. Eagle-eyed fans quickly noticed one key detail from the event. She was not wearing her engagement ring during the appearance. According to insiders, that absence was not accidental at all. A close source explained that Meghan is far too media-savvy to step out without her ring by mistake. They suggested the move was designed to send a clear signal, both publicly and to Harry directly. The insider described it as a reminder that Meghan remains the driven, independent woman Harry originally fell in love with. They added that anyone choosing to take her for granted would do so at their own risk. This latest development adds to ongoing speculation about how separately Harry and Meghan have been living their day-to-day lives. Sources claim the couple’s schedules have grown increasingly divided in recent months. According to the source, Meghan has been taking frequent meetings in Los Angeles while handling much of the negotiation work tied to their Netflix deal. Harry, meanwhile, is said to be focused on his charitable work and repairing his relationship with his father. The insider suggested Meghan has taken on a larger share of responsibility for bringing in income for the family. Despite their busy, separate schedules, the source said the couple still comes together for meals and family time. Even so, the source acknowledged that their days often pass quickly, with each of them pulled in different directions. The latest appearance has only added fuel to ongoing speculation about the dynamics within their marriage.

  • | |

    US imposes fresh sanctions on Mahan Air allies

    The United States has imposed fresh sanctions on an international network accused of supporting Iran’s Mahan Air, alleging the airline has played a key role in transporting personnel, weapons, and drones linked to Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC). In a statement, the US Treasury Department announced sanctions against six individuals and entities based in China, India, Russia, and Iran. The targeted network is accused of facilitating operations for Mahan Air despite existing US and European sanctions on the carrier. According to US officials, several of the sanctioned companies acted as sales agents for Mahan Air, helping the airline maintain international operations and evade restrictions imposed by Western governments. Washington has repeatedly accused Mahan Air of providing logistical support to the IRGC by transporting military personnel, weapons, and unmanned aerial vehicles. Iran has consistently denied similar allegations in the past. The latest sanctions come amid heightened tensions between the United States and Iran following recent drone attacks targeting gas-carrying vessels at Egypt’s Mediterranean port of Damietta. The incident has raised concerns that the confrontation between the two countries could expand into a new area of conflict. The US said the new measures are aimed at disrupting financial and commercial networks that support Iran’s sanctioned aviation sector and limiting its ability to conduct activities viewed as a threat to regional security.

  • | | |

    Trump claims US controls Iran’s finances 

    WASHINGTON: US President Donald Trump has claimed that Washington has control over Iran’s financial resources as the conflict between the United States and Iran continues. In an interview, Trump said the US was effectively acting as a banker for Iran. He claimed Washington had control over a large amount of Iranian money. Trump also described Iran’s economic situation as extremely difficult. He alleged that the country was facing very high inflation and that its currency had lost much of its value. The US president further claimed that Iran was struggling to pay its soldiers and suggested that the economic pressure could become increasingly difficult for Tehran to sustain. Trump outlined several possible approaches toward Iran. He said Washington could maintain the current economic pressure, launch further military action or rely more heavily on financial measures. He said his main objective in the conflict was to prevent Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon. Trump also claimed that US military action had stopped Tehran from obtaining such a capability. Qatar urges reopening of Strait of Hormuz Meanwhile, Qatar said talks between Iran and Oman on arrangements for reopening the Strait of Hormuz had reached an advanced stage. Qatari Foreign Ministry spokesman Majed Al-Ansari said the negotiations had reached a critical point. He expressed hope that the strategically important waterway would reopen as soon as possible. Qatar said it supports diplomatic efforts aimed at reducing tensions and resolving the dispute. Iran and Oman have been discussing legal and technical arrangements for the resumption of maritime traffic through the strait. Shipping activity in the area has been disrupted following the military confrontation between Iran and the United States. Tehran has linked the reopening of the waterway to the resolution of disputes surrounding what it describes as US violations of a June memorandum of understanding. Araghchi says US sought negotiations Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi has claimed that Washington eventually sought negotiations with Tehran after initially demanding Iran’s unconditional surrender. Speaking during a televised press conference, Araghchi said the US had initially taken a hard-line position but later sought talks. He claimed that the change demonstrated Iran’s ability to withstand military and political pressure. Araghchi also said Iran had surprised countries around the world by resisting the United States. The Iranian foreign minister said Washington had support from Israel and several Western countries during the conflict. He also discussed the situation with German Foreign Minister Johann Wadephul during a telephone conversation. According to Iranian state media, Araghchi told his German counterpart that the insecurity in the Strait of Hormuz was the result of US and Israeli military actions against Iran. He briefed Wadephul on Iran’s discussions with Oman regarding the creation of a safe route for maritime traffic through the strategic waterway. The two officials also discussed bilateral relations and wider regional and international developments. Araghchi called on the international community to hold Washington accountable for what he described as the security and economic consequences of the disruption in the Strait of Hormuz. He maintained that lasting security in the waterway would require an end to what Tehran considers US military aggression, maritime restrictions and violations of previous commitments.

  • |

    Eight-year-old girl allegedly raped in Gujranwala, public outraged

    An eight-year-old girl was allegedly subjected to a brutal sexual assault by unidentified perpetrators in the Gujranwala area, triggering widespread grief and anger across Pakistan. The incident has once again raised serious concerns about the safety of children and the growing number of violent crimes being reported across the country. According to reports, the incident took place in Feroze Wala Kala Khatai Gol Pind near Gujranwala. The minor was allegedly taken to nearby fields, where she was sexually assaulted by multiple suspects. Her cries for help alerted local residents, who rushed towards the area and intervened. Police have launched an investigation into the incident and are working to identify and arrest those responsible. The victim was later taken to a police station in critical condition. Reports said that she was in severe distress and was unable to sit comfortably following the alleged assault. The incident has also sparked criticism of the media after the child’s father appeared before news outlets while attempting to conceal his daughter’s face. Despite the family’s efforts to protect the minor’s identity, reports claimed that some media channels broadcast footage showing the child’s face without blurring it. The decision has drawn condemnation from members of the public and celebrities, who argued that protecting the privacy and dignity of a minor victim should be a basic responsibility of the media. Actress Amar Khan expressed her anger over the alleged assault as well as the media’s handling of the victim’s identity. She criticised the decision to broadcast the child’s unblurred face, calling attention to the ethical responsibilities of news organisations when reporting cases involving minors. Maya Khan also reacted emotionally to the incident, urging people to take action against such cruelty. She wrote, “Please do something before Allah reacts to this cruelty and punishes us.” Malik Aqeel was also among those who expressed grief over the disturbing case. The incident has prompted another wave of public outrage on social media, with many users demanding strict action against those responsible. Several commentators questioned whether parents can feel safe raising daughters when children continue to face such horrific violence. Some users called for stronger punishments for perpetrators of crimes against children, while others expressed frustration over what they described as repeated failures to protect vulnerable minors. Many social media users also tagged Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz, urging authorities to ensure a swift investigation and bring the suspects to justice. The alleged assault comes amid growing public concern over reports of rape, murder, kidnapping and other violent crimes across Pakistan. Recent cases involving children and other vulnerable victims have intensified demands for stronger law enforcement, better protection for minors and greater accountability. As the investigation continues, the public is awaiting concrete action against those responsible for the Gujranwala incident. The case has once again highlighted the urgent need to protect children from violence and ensure that victims are treated with dignity and privacy throughout the legal process.

  • |

    Taylor Swift to join Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2026

    Taylor Swift is celebrating a major career milestone as she prepares to be inducted into the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame, an honor that reflects her remarkable journey as one of the most influential songwriters of her generation. On Tuesday, August 11, the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame announced that Swift, 36, will officially become part of its 2026 class. The recognition marks another significant achievement in the career of the 14-time Grammy Award winner, whose songwriting has played a central role in her global success. Following the announcement, Swift expressed her gratitude and reflected on her long-standing connection with Nashville. She recalled how the city had been part of her dreams since she first began writing songs as a child. Swift explained that she had always viewed Nashville as the ideal place to develop her songwriting abilities. She dreamed of learning from experienced writers and becoming part of a community where storytelling and creativity were deeply valued. For Swift, Nashville represented much more than a music destination. She described it as a place that encouraged dedication, determination and imagination while recognizing the effort required to build a career as a songwriter. The singer also praised the city’s songwriting community, highlighting the commitment of writers who continue creating music even when inspiration does not come easily. Her comments reflected the importance Nashville has had in shaping her artistic identity and career. Swift concluded her message by expressing her deep affection for the city and appreciation for the recognition. Being honored by a place she has loved for so many years, she said, was especially meaningful. Swift’s induction is particularly notable because she will be the sole honoree in the Contemporary Songwriter/Artist category for the 2026 class. She had initially been nominated alongside Miranda Lambert, Chris Stapleton and Phil Vassar, but the category ultimately selects only one inductee. The 2026 Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame class will also include four other accomplished songwriters: Lyle Lovett, Bruce Channel, Shawn Camp and Lee Thomas Miller. The induction adds another prestigious achievement to Swift’s already extraordinary career. From beginning her songwriting journey as a young girl with dreams of making it in Nashville to becoming a global superstar, she has maintained songwriting as one of the defining elements of her artistry. Her upcoming induction therefore carries a special significance, celebrating not only her commercial success but also the songwriting talent and dedication that helped establish her place in music history.

  • How 3D Virtual Shopping Company Can Enhance Customer Experience

    There is just one drawback to online purchasing. Customers cannot physically touch or examine a product. Thus, a 3D virtual shopping company addresses this issue by providing actual 3D images. Customers move around the virtual store, examining items from all angles. In 2026, the worldwide market for 3D e-commerce was estimated at $10.54 billion, with […]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *