ranbir kapoor opens
| |

Ranbir Kapoor opens up about self-doubt ahead of Ramayana

Ranbir Kapoor has spoken with rare candour about the weight of playing Lord Rama in the most ambitious Indian film production in recent memory, admitting that when the role was first offered to him, his immediate response was fear rather than excitement.
Speaking on a panel at San Diego Comic-Con on Thursday alongside co-star Yash, director Nitesh Tiwari and producer Namit Malhotra, Kapoor was asked to reflect on what it meant to take on a role of this magnitude. His answer was unexpectedly personal.
I remember when the film was first offered to me, there was so much of fear, so much of doubt. Will I be able to do this, am I capable enough?” he said. “But I think that doubt changed into gratitude very early on. I think it was a blessing, an opportunity of a lifetime, and a moral responsibility.”
What made the role feel so daunting, he explained, was not simply the scale of the film but the depth of the cultural and spiritual responsibility it carried. Lord Rama is not a fictional character for the hundreds of millions of people who hold him sacred. He is a living presence in the faith and moral imagination of a civilisation stretching back millennia.
“The Ramayana is ingrained in our subconscious,” Kapoor said. “Lord Rama is the conscience keeper of millions of people around the world for generations, for more than 4,000 years. He is somebody who embodies the triumph of the human spirit in times of adversities. He stands for courage, compassion, forgiveness, righteousness, and just to have the opportunity to represent that is very daunting.”
What helped him move through that initial paralysis, he said, was a shift in his approach from technical preparation to something more spiritual. “Very early on, I understood that it just requires a lot of faith, a lot of belief, a lot of truthfulness, and noble intentions. Our entire cast and crew had one noble intention, and that is to tell the story as authentically as we can.”
His co-star Yash, who plays the antagonist Ravana, used his moment on the panel to defend Kapoor’s casting, praising both his humility and his dedication and noting that no actor can truly claim to embody a deity. He called Kapoor a fabulous actor who had worked hard for the role, pushing back on any lingering doubt about whether he was the right choice.
The panel also brought an unexpected development. The Ramayana trailer, which had been scheduled for a global unveiling at Comic-Con, was postponed just hours before its planned launch. Producer Namit Malhotra confirmed the delay, saying the trailer would be released worldwide at a later date. He described the film as a moment of great pride for Indian cinema, one that would introduce the richness of Indian culture and storytelling to global audiences in the way major Hollywood productions do for their own traditions.
Ramayana Part One is scheduled for a theatrical release in November.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    New provinces needed to improve governance: speake…

    Speakers at a seminar on the creation of new provinces in Pakistan have said that establishing new administrative units could directly benefit the public. The seminar was organised by the Sustainable Development Policy Institute (SDPI) in Islamabad. MQM leader Mustafa Kamal, PPP leader Qamar Zaman Kaira and PTI Secretary General Salman Akram Raja addressed the gathering. The speakers described the creation of new provinces as necessary to address public problems. They also stressed the need for a strong and empowered local government system. The participants said Pakistan needs new administrative units to improve governance and ensure that resources are distributed at the grassroots level. Mustafa Kamal said the existing system had failed to ensure effective accountability of governments. He added that even if new provinces were created, a strong local government system would remain necessary. PPP leader Qamar Zaman Kaira suggested that the debate over creating new provinces should take place within the constitutional framework. He also called for strengthening the local government system. PTI Secretary General Salman Akram Raja said that even after the creation of new provinces, some provinces would still have populations running into millions. The speakers agreed that administrative reforms were necessary to improve governance and ensure a more effective distribution of resources among the people.

  • | |

    Hackers target Wall Street firms in phone-based cy…

    NEW YORK: Hackers seeking ransom have targeted dozens of major US financial institutions and businesses using a surprisingly simple tactic — posing as IT help desk employees and tricking staff into handing over passwords and authentication codes. According to Google and internet intelligence data reviewed by Reuters, the campaign targeted prominent private equity and financial firms, including Blackstone, Bridgewater Associates, Apollo Global Management, Bain Capital, KKR, TPG, CME Group, Clearlake Capital and Moody’s. Google said the cybercriminals operate under several names, including Redact, Pink, Falcon and Helix. The technology giant said some companies targeted during the campaign had paid ransoms, although it did not identify those businesses. Reuters was also unable to determine which companies were successfully compromised. The hackers reportedly created websites designed specifically for individual companies. Employees were then contacted by phone, sometimes through calls that appeared to originate from their organisation’s legitimate IT help desk. The attackers allegedly told employees that they needed to urgently update their passkeys or multifactor authentication credentials. Victims were then directed to malicious websites using names designed to look legitimate, such as those containing phrases like “passkey helpdesk” or “secure passkey”. Once an employee entered their credentials, the hackers could obtain an authentication code in real time, allowing them to take control of the account while remaining on the phone with the victim. Austin Larsen, a principal threat analyst with Google’s Threat Intelligence Group, said the technique was not especially sophisticated but remained highly effective. Cybersecurity experts said the campaign demonstrates that human behaviour remains one of the biggest vulnerabilities for even heavily protected organisations. Lee Clark of the Retail and Hospitality ISAC compared the tactic to persuading a security guard to open a heavily protected gate. Google said the attackers had increasingly focused on private equity firms, law firms and financial ratings agencies because they may hold sensitive information that companies would be willing to protect through ransom payments. Reuters identified 72 malicious websites listed in Google’s report and linked several of them to specific companies using internet intelligence platforms. Google cautioned that while the infrastructure indicated attempted intrusions, not every attack was necessarily successful. The campaign appears to have affected a broader range of industries. Data reviewed by Reuters showed that hackers created digital traps targeting more than 200 companies during a five-week period, including Uber, Zillow and Levi Strauss, along with law firms such as Paul Hastings and Greenberg Traurig. The hacking group’s shifting aliases have also complicated efforts to identify those behind the attacks. Google said the various names appeared connected through shared infrastructure, but acknowledged that important questions about the hackers’ identities and relationships remain unanswered. The latest campaign has heightened concern across Wall Street, highlighting how convincing phone calls and basic social engineering can bypass sophisticated cybersecurity systems and expose highly valuable corporate accounts.

  • |

    DR Congo Ebola outbreak exceeds 4,000 confirmed cases

    The Democratic Republic of Congo is facing the fastest-spreading Ebola outbreak on record, with official data confirming that total infections have surpassed 4,000 cases. According to the national public health institute, recorded infections have reached 4,053, alongside 1,850 deaths across five provinces: Ituri, North Kivu, South Kivu, Haut-Uele, and Tshopo. Research published in the journal Science indicates that the virus was circulating in Ituri as early as January 2026, months before the epidemic was officially declared on 15 May, with over 500 suspected cases occurring during that initial period. Containment efforts continue to be severely hampered by delayed detection, overwhelmed healthcare surveillance, active military conflict, and an absence of vaccines or targeted treatments tailored for the specific viral species involved. Ranking as the world’s second-largest Ebola outbreak in history, the epidemic is surpassed only by the 2014–2016 West African outbreak.

  • | |

    Khawaja Asif says Mir Raza case exposes compromise…

    Defence Minister Khawaja Asif has criticised the Sindh government over the investigation into the Mir Raza case. He said the developments emerging from the case suggest that the entire system had been compromised. In a social media post, Asif said continued attention was needed to ensure that the matter was investigated properly. He warned that any previous attempts to settle or cover up the issue should not be repeated. The defence minister also called for those who allegedly tried to conceal facts in the case to be exposed. His remarks came as questions continued to be raised over the handling of the Mir Raza case. The case has attracted attention because of conflicting information and concerns about the progress of the investigation. Meanwhile, the Sindh government has decided to establish a judicial commission to investigate the Mir Raza murder case. Sindh Home Minister Zia Lanjar said the provincial government wanted justice for Mir Raza’s family. He said a new committee had also been formed to examine the matter. Lanjar said the authorities would allow the judicial commission or the court to determine how conflicting reports should be dealt with. The government’s decision to form a judicial commission is expected to provide another forum for examining the circumstances surrounding the case. It may also help clarify conflicting accounts and determine responsibility based on the available evidence.

  • |

    North Korean hackers develop AI tools for cyberattacks

    SEOUL: A North Korean-linked hacking group has reportedly expanded its use of artificial intelligence to strengthen cyberattacks, automate operations and analyse stolen data. The group, identified as Kimsuky, has developed and collected a range of AI-related tools that could help its operators conduct attacks more efficiently, according to a South Korean cybersecurity company. The company said it discovered infrastructure linked to Kimsuky containing several programs designed to run and manage artificial intelligence models locally. These included Ollama, GPT4All and Msty. The hackers also appeared to be using retrieval-augmented generation technology. The system can help AI models search and process large collections of documents. Researchers said the use of locally operated AI models could allow the group to analyse sensitive information without sending data to external AI services. This could give hackers greater control over stolen material and reduce their reliance on third-party platforms. The investigation also uncovered AI agent development frameworks, speech-to-text software and an AI-assisted coding tool called Cursor. According to the cybersecurity firm, the findings indicate that Kimsuky may be moving beyond the simple use of generative AI for creating phishing messages. The group could now be seeking to integrate existing AI models into different stages of its cyber operations. These may include malware development, stolen-data analysis and attack automation. Researchers also identified documents related to finance and cryptocurrency on the infrastructure. Some of the files appeared to have been generated using artificial intelligence. The documents were designed to look like legitimate investment reports and other professional workplace material. Such files could potentially be used as decoys or to make malicious campaigns appear more credible. The findings have not been independently verified. However, cybersecurity researchers and government agencies have repeatedly linked North Korean state-backed groups to international cyber operations. North Korean cyber units have been accused of conducting espionage campaigns, stealing money and targeting cryptocurrency-related assets. Authorities in the United States and South Korea have previously warned about the activities of such groups. Kimsuky has long been associated with cyber-espionage operations targeting governments, organisations and individuals. The group has also been accused of gathering intelligence to support North Korea’s strategic interests. The latest findings point to a growing role for artificial intelligence in cyber operations. Security researchers have warned that AI tools can make phishing campaigns more convincing and help attackers process information and develop malicious software more quickly.

  • |

    Norwegian teenager convicted of conspiracy to commit contract murder in the UK for Iran-linked gang

    Following a retrial at the Old Bailey, 19-year-old Norwegian national Johannes Kongsnes Natland has been found guilty of conspiracy to commit murder. Natland had travelled from Stavanger to Huddersfield in March last year after accepting a €25,000 (£21,500) contract to assassinate an unidentified target in the UK. Counter-terrorism officers arrested Natland in a hotel room two days after his arrival, recovering a semi-automatic pistol, a revolver, and ammunition concealed under his bed. The plot was orchestrated by the Foxtrot Network, a Swedish organised crime group linked to the Iranian government, and directed by an unidentified controller using the moniker “Agent 47”. While Natland claimed during the trial that he viewed the plot as a “joke” and intended to shoot himself in the foot to avoid executing the hit, prosecutors presented evidence of text messages and bragging that demonstrated his full awareness of the plan. Natland, who previously pleaded guilty to firearms possession, was remanded in custody by Mrs Justice Cheema-Grubb and is scheduled for sentencing in October.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *