severe anxiety imran
| | | |

‘Severe anxiety’: What Imran Khan’s report r…

A medical report submitted to the Supreme Court has revealed that former prime minister and PTI founder Imran Khan is experiencing severe anxiety symptoms.

The report was submitted by the superintendent of Adiala Jail. It contains details about Imran Khan’s physical and mental health.

The report was submitted after PTI Secretary General Salman Akram Raja approached the Supreme Court. His petition raised concerns about Imran Khan’s health and restrictions on meetings with him.

According to the report, Imran Khan’s anxiety was recorded at “Level 3+”. The condition has been described as severe.

A medical board examined Imran Khan on August 10, 2026. The board included specialists in eye diseases, cardiology and general medicine.

The report states that Imran Khan is around 73 years old. His blood pressure was recorded at 140/80. His pulse was 54 beats per minute.

His ECG was found to be normal. His chest was also clear. Doctors found his heart valves and chambers to be normal.

The report says Imran Khan complained of heaviness in his head. He also reported feeling that his heartbeat was faster than usual.

However, he did not report chest pain. He also did not complain of chest heaviness or shortness of breath.

The medical board recommended medicines to control his blood pressure and anxiety. Doctors also recommended regular physical activity.

The board suggested that Imran Khan should walk for one hour every day. It also recommended activities that could provide mental relaxation.

The report recommends that he should be provided with magazines, newspapers, television and books. These activities could help reduce mental stress during his imprisonment.

The medical board also recommended increasing the duration of meetings with Imran Khan’s family and wife.

According to the report, greater family interaction could help control his anxiety and blood pressure. The recommendations come amid repeated demands from PTI leaders for greater access to the former prime minister.

Jail authorities said Imran Khan receives regular medical attention. Medical officers reportedly check his food intake and conduct medical examinations three times a day.

The report also states that several government doctors have examined him during his imprisonment. Records of these medical examinations have reportedly been maintained.

The former prime minister has also received treatment from an eye specialist. According to the jail authorities, one of his eyes has now recovered to an almost normal condition.

The report includes a summary of medical examinations conducted by 39 different specialists between November 4, 2023, and August 10, 2026.

The jail authorities have asked the Supreme Court to dispose of the petition. They maintain that Imran Khan is receiving regular medical care inside the prison.

The report also discusses the issue of meetings with Imran Khan. Jail authorities claimed that some meetings had been used to generate public sentiment against the judiciary, foreign policy and law enforcement institutions.

According to the report, Imran Khan and his wife Bushra Bibi meet every Tuesday under jail rules. A total of 84 meetings between them have reportedly taken place so far.

The document also states that Imran Khan’s lawyer Salman Safdar met him on February 10 and April 4, 2026.

The medical report comes amid renewed political pressure over Imran Khan’s health and access to his family and personal doctors.

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Sohail Afridi recently announced a protest programme if Imran Khan was not allowed access to his family and personal physicians.

The issue of Imran Khan’s health has become a major point of political debate. PTI leaders have repeatedly demanded better medical facilities and greater access to his personal doctors.

A psychiatrist cited in the report said that “Level 3+” anxiety indicates a severe state of anxiety and distress.

The psychiatrist explained that prolonged isolation and limited social interaction can worsen anxiety. Such conditions may also contribute to hopelessness and depression.

He said regular interaction with other people can help reduce anxiety. He also recommended walking and exercise as useful measures for managing symptoms of anxiety and panic.

The three-member Supreme Court bench headed by Justice Shahid Waheed will hear the petition. Justice Naeem Afghan and Justice Ishtiaq Ibrahim are also part of the bench.

The court will examine the medical report and the concerns raised over Imran Khan’s health, medical treatment and access to family members and doctors.

Similar Posts

  • | | | |

    Pakistan repays $1.4bn China loan

    Pakistan has repaid a $1.4 billion commercial loan to China, with refinancing expected within the next few weeks, State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) Governor Jameel Ahmad said on Wednesday. Speaking to reporters after attending a meeting of the Senate Standing Committee on Finance at Parliament House, the SBP governor said the country had made external debt repayments worth $2.2 billion during July 2026. The repayments included the $1.4 billion commercial loan to Chinese banks, while the remaining $800 million was used to settle other external liabilities. Ahmad said the refinancing from Chinese banks had not yet been received but was expected shortly, adding that the funds would be made available to Pakistan after a brief delay. The central bank governor also revealed that the SBP had purchased $28 billion over the past three years to strengthen the country’s foreign exchange reserves. He said Pakistan’s external debt repayment requirement had declined from $26.5 billion to $21.5 billion, easing pressure on the country’s finances during the current fiscal year. According to Ahmad, around $3.5 billion of the remaining repayments will be used to service interest obligations. He said the government would continue its strategy of increasing foreign exchange reserves while maintaining external financial stability. The SBP governor further noted that Pakistan would require the rollover of nearly $12 billion in deposits from Saudi Arabia and China to support its external financing position. He expressed confidence that the country’s debt repayment burden would remain lower this year compared with previous years, helping improve Pakistan’s overall economic outlook.

  • |

    Ashley Callingbull calls out cultural appropriation at pageant

    Ashley Callingbull has opened up about her decision to speak out during the Miss Universe Canada 2026 pageant, saying she felt a responsibility to use her platform to raise awareness about cultural appropriation and encourage greater accountability. The 36-year-old pageant contestant became involved in a controversy after contestants Karisa Haverkamp and Jasleen Kaily were photographed wearing outfits that featured prominent elements inspired by traditional Indigenous clothing. The images sparked criticism, with concerns being raised about the use of Indigenous cultural symbols in a pageant setting. Callingbull, who is known for representing and advocating for Indigenous communities, said the situation was deeply upsetting. She explained that seeing the outfits felt disrespectful and described the incident as “a slap in the face to the Indigenous community.” Rather than remaining silent, Callingbull decided to address the issue publicly during the live pageant. She found an unexpected opportunity when she and fellow host Sonny Borelli were preparing to announce the top 20 contestants. At that moment, the teleprompter stopped working, leaving the presenters without their prepared script. Instead of simply waiting for the technical problem to be resolved, Callingbull used the unscripted moment to speak directly to the audience. She delivered a brief but powerful message, saying, “It’s 2026, we should know better.” Her comments immediately drew attention because they came during a highly visible moment of the competition. Callingbull made it clear that she wanted to use the platform to encourage people to think more carefully about cultural representation and respect. Following the controversy, Miss Universe Canada responded to the criticism and stated that causing offense, hurt or misunderstanding was never the organization’s intention. The response came amid wider discussion about cultural sensitivity and the responsibility of public events to ensure that Indigenous traditions and symbols are treated respectfully. Callingbull has since received significant support from people who appreciated her decision to speak up. She said the response has reinforced her belief that public figures can play an important role in encouraging meaningful conversations. For Callingbull, the incident was about more than a pageant or a particular outfit. She believes it was an opportunity to highlight the importance of respecting Indigenous culture and challenging behavior that may be considered inappropriate or insensitive. She hopes the situation will encourage others to find the courage to speak out when they witness something they believe is wrong. By using an unexpected moment on stage to address the controversy, Callingbull showed that even an unscripted statement can draw attention to important social issues and encourage broader conversations about respect, representation and cultural awareness.

  • | |

    PML-N targets 2/3 majority in AJK as final electio…

    MUZAFFARABAD: With the final phase of the Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) general elections just days away, the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) has stepped up its campaign in Rawalakot Division, expressing confidence that it can secure a two-thirds majority in the 45-member Legislative Assembly. The party held a major election rally in Haveli on Friday as campaigning intensified ahead of the August 10 polling in Bagh and Haveli. The final phase will conclude the three-stage electoral process and determine the composition of the next AJK government. Addressing supporters, Prime Minister’s Adviser on Political Affairs Rana Sanaullah claimed that the results of the first two phases reflected strong public support for the PML-N. He said the party expected voters in Haveli and the three constituencies of Bagh to further strengthen its position and help it achieve the numbers required for a two-thirds majority. Sanaullah pledged that a PML-N-led government would implement its election promises and accelerate development projects in collaboration with the federal government. Referring to commitments made by Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz during the campaign, he said development initiatives similar to those undertaken in Punjab would be introduced in AJK. He also said PML-N President Nawaz Sharif would personally monitor major development projects in the region. Rejecting opposition allegations of electoral manipulation, Sanaullah described the first two phases as peaceful and transparent, dismissing claims of rigging as unfounded. Federal Minister for Kashmir Affairs and Gilgit-Baltistan Amir Muqam also addressed the rally, assuring voters that a future PML-N government would focus on public welfare, infrastructure and improved services. He said road connectivity and other development projects in areas close to the Line of Control would be given special priority, with the government seeking to improve infrastructure and public facilities across the region. The August 10 vote in Bagh and Haveli is expected to play a crucial role in determining whether the PML-N can translate its campaign momentum into a two-thirds majority and take the lead in forming the next AJK government.

  • Thai PM Anutin Suspends Gun Purchase Licences After School Shooting

    BANGKOK, Thailand – Prime Minister Anutin Charnvirakul on Tuesday suspended the issuance of permits to buy firearms and said existing licences would be reviewed, days after a 14-year-old gunman killed nine people in a school shooting in Nonthaburi. Eight Dead and At Least 22 Injured in Nonthaburi School Shooting, Grandparents Killed Mr Anutin directed Deputy […]

  • | |

    Rs19,000 billion federal spending sparks Senate de…

    Islamabad: A Senate committee has raised serious questions over the functioning of the Council of Common Interests (CCI), warning that constitutional powers given to provinces after the 18th Amendment are being weakened through the revival of federal ministries on devolved subjects. The Senate Standing Committee on Devolution expressed concern that ministries related to education, health, agriculture, food security, climate change and other provincial matters were recreated at the federal level despite their transfer to provinces under the constitutional process. The committee questioned why federal institutions were continuing to handle matters that were supposed to belong to provinces after the 18th Constitutional Amendment, calling for a review of the entire system. The meeting was held at Parliament House, Islamabad, where Senator Zamir Hussain Ghumro presided over the session. Senators Poonjo Bheel and Jan Muhammad Buledi also attended the meeting. Senator Ghumro said that under the 18th Amendment, a detailed process was completed in 2010 and 2011 to transfer powers from the federal government to provinces. He explained that notifications issued on December 2, 2010, April 15, 2011, and June 29, 2011 resulted in the devolution of 17 ministries dealing with subjects that were shifted to provincial control. According to Senator Ghumro, the recreation of ministries after June 30, 2011, on subjects already transferred to provinces was against the spirit of the Constitution. He specifically pointed towards areas including education, health, national food security, culture, climate change, housing, social initiatives, EOBI, Evacuee Trust matters and Zakat and Ushr related functions. The senator argued that creating federal structures for provincial subjects has increased government expenses at a time when Pakistan is facing financial pressure. He claimed that federal government expenditure has increased to around Rs19,000 billion, while the country’s total tax and non tax revenue stands near Rs20,000 billion. Senator Ghumro said that apart from defence requirements due to security challenges, other federal ministries should have limited budgets according to constitutional responsibilities. He suggested that reducing unnecessary federal administrative structures could save around Rs5,000 to Rs6,000 billion and help reduce dependence on foreign loans. The committee also raised concerns about the ineffective role of the Council of Common Interests, a constitutional body responsible for resolving issues between the federation and provinces. Senator Ghumro said the CCI’s permanent secretariat was not functioning effectively and stressed that the institution must be strengthened to protect provincial rights. The committee decided to form a subcommittee to examine alleged violations related to the implementation of the 18th Amendment, including the revival of ministries and the role of the CCI. Senator Poonjo Bheel said that ministries created on devolved subjects should be abolished because the matter had already been settled through the constitutional process. Senator Jan Muhammad Buledi said the subcommittee should not only review the recreated ministries but also examine why the CCI had become ineffective despite having an important constitutional role. The committee also directed the Establishment Division to avoid making appointments in departments dealing with devolved subjects and ensure that provincial representation is protected in government appointments and promotions. Officials were asked to provide details of appointments in different grades within two weeks and submit a compliance report within 15 days. It emphasized that the federal government should support provinces rather than reduce their constitutional benefits. The committee also reviewed the issue of the Rs46 billion allocation for Quaid-e-Azam’s Mausoleum, which was not released last year and was reportedly transferred to another ministry. The committee directed authorities to provide monthly progress reports regarding the development and maintenance of Mazar-e-Quaid. The committee further sought details about the tenure of federal secretaries and directed the Establishment Division to submit complete records.

  • KP youth affairs launch Digital Skills Training Programme for tribal youth

    PESHAWAR: The Directorate of Youth Affairs, Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, in collaboration with TTSK, has launched a one-week Digital Skills Training Programme for youth from the Tribal Districts (Ex-FATA) to equip them with in-demand digital competencies and improve their employment prospects. The training programme provides practical instruction in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Graphic Designing, and Video Editing, enabling participants to develop market-oriented skills, strengthen their creativity, and explore opportunities in freelancing, entrepreneurship, and the digital economy. Director Youth Affairs Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Abbas Khan Afridi said the initiative reflects the provincial government’s commitment to investing in the potential of young people and preparing them for the evolving demands of the digital age. “Our objective is to ensure that the youth of the Tribal Districts have access to modern skills that can help them secure sustainable livelihoods and compete in national and international markets. Digital empowerment is essential for building a prosperous and self-reliant generation,” he said. He said the Directorate of Youth Affairs would continue collaborating with partner organisations to expand access to quality training programmes and create meaningful opportunities for youth across Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. The Directorate said the programme forms part of its ongoing efforts to promote innovation, digital literacy, and skills development, enabling young people to play a greater role in the province’s economic and social development.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *