punjab attends passingout

CM Punjab attends passing-out parade of 1,156 women police recruits

LAHORE – Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz Sharif on Thursday attended the passing-out ceremony of Lady Recruit Class Course-18 at the Police Training College, Chung.

The chief minister arrived at the parade ground under the protection of the Lady Pilots Squad and was accorded a warm welcome with a flower shower. Parents of the lady recruits also welcomed her on the occasion.

A smartly turned-out contingent of women police recruits presented the general salute to the chief minister, who later inspected the passing-out parade.

A total of 1,156 women recruits of the Punjab Police and Punjab Highway Patrol graduated under Lady Recruit Class Course-18. The chief minister distributed awards among the recruits who demonstrated outstanding performance during the training.

She also witnessed the march-past by the graduating recruits.

During the ceremony, Commandant of the Police Training College Captain Sohail presented a painting to the chief minister. Lady commandos also saluted her through various formations.

For the first time in the history of the Punjab Police, women commandos formed the abbreviation “CMP” (Chief Minister Punjab) through parade formations as a mark of salute. Punjab Police bands performed national and patriotic tunes during the ceremony.

Similar Posts

  • | | |

    Asim Munir, Norway FM push regional security coope…

    A high-level Norwegian delegation led by Foreign Minister Espen Barth Eide met Pakistan’s Chief of Army Staff and Chief of Defence Forces, Field Marshal Syed Asim Munir, at General Headquarters (GHQ) in Rawalpindi on Thursday. According to the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), the meeting focused on matters of mutual interest, regional security and Pakistan-Norway bilateral relations. During the meeting, Field Marshal Asim Munir presented Pakistan’s perspective on global peace and regional stability. He stressed the need for greater cooperation and joint efforts to address emerging security challenges. The two sides also discussed the evolving security environment in the region and the importance of strengthening coordination between Pakistan and Norway. The Norwegian foreign minister acknowledged the role of the Pakistan Armed Forces in contributing to regional peace and stability. Both sides expressed their commitment to further strengthening bilateral relations and expanding cooperation, particularly in the fields of defence and security. The meeting comes as Pakistan continues to engage with international partners on regional security, peace and broader strategic issues. The discussions with the Norwegian delegation provided an opportunity for both countries to explore avenues for deeper institutional and defence-related engagement. The two sides reaffirmed their resolve to maintain regular engagement and enhance cooperation in areas of mutual interest.

  • 32 dead as gas blast rips through Quetta coal mine

    At least 32 bodies were recovered overnight from two coal mines in the Sorange coalfield near Quetta after a methane gas explosion tore through the site. The search for two more miners continued on Friday, an official told Dawn. The explosion took place on Thursday at a private coal mine in the Sorange coalfield, about 30 kilometres northeast of Quetta. The methane gas blast set off a fire, caused the mine to collapse, and also affected a nearby mine. Chief Inspector of Mines Balochistan Muhammad Atif told Dawn that 34 miners were inside the two mines at the time of the explosion. He said that so far 32 bodies had been recovered from both mines, and that the operation to recover the remaining two miners was continuing in the mine where the explosion originally took place. Officials said the explosion happened on Thursday afternoon while 24 miners were working around 4,000 feet underground in the first mine. A fire broke out soon after the blast, causing parts of the mine structure to collapse. The sound of the explosion was heard across a wide area of Sorange. A second, nearby mine was also badly affected. Twelve miners were working inside this mine when the explosion occurred. Mining engineers and workers built alternative routes to reach both affected mines, but large amounts of methane gas along with the ongoing fire made it extremely difficult to reach the bodies and the miners still trapped deep underground. Provincial Minister for Mines and Minerals Mir Shoaib Nosherwani announced that the provincial government will pay Rs500,000 in compensation to the family of each miner who died, and Rs300,000 to every injured worker. He said an inquiry into the incident would also be carried out. This is not the first such tragedy in the region. In June, three people were injured when explosive material used in mining accidentally went off in Quetta division’s Khanuzai area. In April, at least five coal miners were killed in two separate accidents in the Bolan and Duki coalfield areas. Meanwhile, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s Shangla district is mourning the loss of 28 young coal miners who died in the blast, including 23 residents of a single village, Mian Kaly. The Shangla Coal Mine Workers Association said that almost every household in Mian Kaly is now grieving the loss of a family member. Abid Yaar, president of the association, said Mian Kaly has become the centre of repeated coal mine tragedies. He said that of the 28 deceased workers from Shangla district, 23 were from Mian Kaly, also known as Pir Abad, two were from Kana, and one each came from Bada and Gata Bely Baba. He said the victims were between 17 and 25 years old, and many belonged to the same families, being cousins or close relatives. He added that several of the dead were orphans whose fathers had also died in earlier coal mine accidents. Yaar alleged that the tragedy was caused by negligence on the part of the mine administration and a lack of basic safety measures. He claimed there was no proper ventilation system in the government run mine, which led to the deadly gas explosion. He said this was not just an accident but a lifelong trauma for the families, orphans, widows and mothers who lost their loved ones. He said these young men had gone to work in the mine only to earn a living and support their families back home. He also said that Shangla lacks factories and other skilled job opportunities, which forces young people to risk their lives in dangerous coal mines just to make ends meet. Family members of the victims criticised the government for failing to arrange ambulances to transport the bodies home. They said they had to bring the remains back in a van at their own expense. According to the Shangla administration, one body arrived on Friday evening, with the rest expected to arrive later that night and early Saturday morning. Three of the miners who died in the tragedy were brothers.

  • | |

    PTI vows no compromise over Imran Khan’s health …

    PESHAWAR: Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Information Minister Shafi Jan has strongly criticised restrictions on meetings with former prime minister and PTI founder Imran Khan, saying the party will continue its legal, constitutional and political efforts to protect his health and fundamental rights. Speaking on Tuesday, Jan said the presence of a large number of PTI parliamentarians outside the Supreme Court reflected the party’s determination to ensure that Imran Khan receives proper medical care and access to his family and doctors. He described reports about the former prime minister’s health as deeply concerning and said denying him his constitutional and legal rights was unacceptable. Jan alleged that Imran Khan had been kept in detention through what the PTI considers politically motivated cases. The minister said PTI would not remain silent and would continue pressing for appropriate medical treatment, access to personal physicians and meetings with family members. He particularly criticised the reported denial of permission for Imran Khan’s sisters to meet him, calling the restrictions a violation of constitutional and legal rights as well as court directives. Jan said KP Chief Minister Sohail Afridi had already warned that PTI lawmakers would gather outside Adiala Jail on Thursday if Imran Khan’s sisters were again prevented from meeting him. Meanwhile, speaking to a private television channel on Monday, Afridi said the party had been left with little choice but to protest after its concerns were allegedly ignored by authorities. He rejected accusations that PTI was deliberately promoting unrest, arguing that protests would not have been necessary if the party’s grievances had been addressed. Afridi claimed that Imran Khan was being held unlawfully and was being denied access to his family, lawyers and personal doctors. He said PTI had exhausted available constitutional and legal avenues and would therefore continue with peaceful demonstrations. The chief minister maintained that peaceful protest was a constitutional right and urged authorities to listen to the party’s concerns.

  • | |

    Police Commission Unanimously Endorses Pol Gen Samran Nualma as Next Royal Thai Police Chief

    Bangkok – Prime Minister Anutin Charnvirakul’s nomination of Pol Gen Samran Nualma as the 16th Commissioner-General of the Royal Thai Police (RTP) received unanimous backing from the National Police Commission on Wednesday. The 12-0 vote came after more than 90 minutes of deliberation, clearing the way for the veteran officer to assume the top police […]

  • | |

    18 Girls’ Schools in Upper Dir recommended for t…

      LOWER DIR: The District Education Officer (Female) in Upper Dir has recommended the temporary closure of 18 girls’ schools for one week, citing concerns over the safety of students and teaching staff amid the prevailing security situation along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border. According to an official letter sent by the District Education Officer (Female), Upper Dir, to the district deputy commissioner on Saturday, the education department has expressed serious concerns about the security of educational institutions located in border areas. Officials said the uncertain situation has raised fears about the safety of students and teachers travelling to and attending schools in vulnerable areas. The letter stated that reports received from relevant Sub-Divisional Education Officers indicated that a number of schools were directly exposed to potential security threats because of the ongoing situation in the region. As a precautionary measure, the education department requested the district administration to approve the temporary closure of 18 girls’ schools from August 15 to August 22. The proposed closure includes girls’ high schools, middle schools and primary schools located in areas considered vulnerable because of their proximity to the affected border region. The schools included in the recommendation are situated in Panakot, Qulandai, Dobando, Umrailal, Shandalbagh, Qashqari, Rokhan, Kass, Raza Banda and Khan Shaheed. The official communication was also forwarded to senior officials of the education department and district administration, including the secretary of the Elementary and Secondary Education Department, the director of education, the deputy commissioner of Upper Dir and the district monitoring officer. However, the proposed closure has not yet been formally approved. The deputy commissioner of Upper Dir told local reporters that the administration had not taken a final decision regarding the closure of the 18 girls’ schools. The recommendation comes against the backdrop of heightened security concerns in the mountainous areas of Upper Dir. A security operation is currently underway in Dobando, where a gun battle between police personnel and suspected terrorists began on Wednesday night and continued into Thursday. Officials said the opposing sides remained positioned against each other during the operation and that heavy weapons were reportedly being used. At the time of the reports, however, authorities had not confirmed any casualties resulting from the encounter. The latest security concerns come after a separate deadly incident in neighbouring Lower Dir last month. Two policemen were martyred and 16 others were injured during an exchange of fire with suspected terrorists at Haidari Top, a mountainous location in the district. According to officials, law enforcement personnel had launched a search-and-strike operation in the area after receiving information about the presence of suspected terrorists. During the operation, armed militants reportedly launched a sudden attack on the security personnel. The ensuing gun battle continued for several hours, resulting in casualties among the law enforcement personnel. The security situation has prompted authorities to remain cautious, particularly in areas where schools are located close to conflict-affected or sensitive zones. The education department’s recommendation to temporarily suspend classes is intended as a preventive measure rather than a permanent closure. The final decision regarding the 18 girls’ schools will rest with the district administration. Officials are expected to assess the security situation before deciding whether educational activities can continue safely or whether the temporary closure should be implemented. For now, authorities are closely monitoring developments in the border areas, while the education department has emphasised that the safety of students and teaching staff remains the primary concern.

  • | | |

    Army major martyred, five terrorists killed

    A Pakistan Army major was martyred while leading an intelligence-based operation (IBO) against terrorists in the Razmak area of North Waziristan, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said on Saturday. According to the military’s media wing, security forces launched the operation after receiving intelligence about the presence of terrorists in the area. During the exchange of fire, five terrorists affiliated with Fitna al Khawarij were killed. ISPR identified the martyred officer as Major Hafiz Ihsan Elahi, 34, a resident of Mianwali district. The military said the officer was leading his troops from the front and fought bravely during the operation before embracing martyrdom. The statement said the slain terrorists were actively involved in multiple attacks against security forces, law enforcement personnel and civilians. Security forces also recovered a cache of weapons, ammunition and other military equipment from the militants during the operation. Following the successful raid, sanitisation operations were launched in the surrounding areas to eliminate any remaining terrorists and ensure the area is fully cleared. The military said the operation forms part of Pakistan’s ongoing counterterrorism campaign under the Azm-i-Istehkam strategy approved by the Federal Apex Committee on the National Action Plan. The ISPR reiterated that Pakistan’s security forces remain committed to eliminating all forms of terrorism and will continue intelligence-driven operations against militants across the country. It added that the sacrifices of soldiers strengthen the nation’s resolve to safeguard peace and security. Pakistan has witnessed an increase in terrorist incidents since the banned Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) ended its ceasefire with the government in late 2022. Since then, security forces have intensified intelligence-based operations in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan to dismantle militant networks.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *